• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on May 16, 2013, 06:51:58 PM
A vacancy on Coast to Coast is to Cool Cat Wells what cheese is to a rat.  Sorry for the mixed metaphor -- best I could do.

We're way overdue for some good news but I don't see it coming from the direction of C2C.  The only hope seems to be for a competitor to arise on the airwaves.  I've given-up on Art coming back in any capacity, though.  The nightly airwaves are a vacuum, crying out to be filled with mystery, class, and intelligence, once again.

bateman

Quote from: ItsOver on May 16, 2013, 07:06:40 PM

We're way overdue for some good news but I don't see it coming from the direction of C2C.  The only hope seems to be for a competitor to arise on the airwaves.  I've given-up on Art coming back in any capacity, though.  The nightly airwaves are a vacuum, crying out to be filled with mystery, class, and intelligence, once again.

John Batchelor is the closest I've found.

ufogadfly

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on May 16, 2013, 01:06:47 PM
NMN are very sad to hear Ian's departure confirmed. It does leave Knapp as the last beacon of hope in the deep dark hole that C2C has become.
Very confused by your attitude to Ian, Mr Hinkley. As atheists, we have long observed how - despite him being a deacon in the Christian Church - he has an honest open-mindedness that is in stark contrast to Noory's blinkered theology and cosmology: his constant harping on the need for a Creator at work in the universe, his condescending, tut-tutting attitude towards those who don't believe and his willingness to let lazy, fundamentalist Christianity pass unquestioned and unchallenged.
We're not quite sure what stereotype of 'a man of the cloth' you want Ian to conform to. Do you have similar pigeon-holes into which all professionals are required to fit?
Ian Punnett is everything George Noory is not and will never be: an idiosyncratic, competent, professional radio broadcaster and a decent, likeable, unassuming human being with wit, intelligence, intellectual curiosity and a basic respect for his audience.
He is a loss to Coast and to radio in general

On the nose, my friend. You saved me a bunch of typing.

MV/Liberace!

Very confused by your attitude to Ian, Mr Hinkley. As atheists, we have long observed how - despite him being a deacon in the Christian Church - he has an honest open-mindedness that is in stark contrast to Noory's blinkered theology and cosmology...

a lot of people on this forum hate ian, and i've never understood why.  i've always found him an interesting, competent host... and i don't recall ever wincing or recoiling at anything he's done as host.  i wish he'd taken the show over instead of mike siegel when art left the first time.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: LAM4:2 on May 16, 2013, 03:20:56 PM
Why does it say Child Boards for the category?

this way, the c2c section doesn't take up so much space on the forum's main page.

Roy Hinkley

NMN are very sad to hear Ian's departure confirmed. It does leave Knapp as the last beacon of hope in the deep dark hole that C2C has become.
Very confused by your attitude to Ian, Mr Hinkley. As atheists, we have long observed how - despite him being a deacon in the Christian Church - he has an honest open-mindedness that is in stark contrast to Noory's blinkered theology and cosmology: his constant harping on the need for a Creator at work in the universe, his condescending, tut-tutting attitude towards those who don't believe and his willingness to let lazy, fundamentalist Christianity pass unquestioned and unchallenged.
We're not quite sure what stereotype of 'a man of the cloth' you want Ian to conform to. Do you have similar pigeon-holes into which all professionals are required to fit?
Ian Punnett is everything George Noory is not and will never be: an idiosyncratic, competent, professional radio broadcaster and a decent, likeable, unassuming human being with wit, intelligence, intellectual curiosity and a basic respect for his audience.
He is a loss to Coast and to radio in general

Thanks NoMoreNoory,

I don't like to think of it as "pigeon-holing" necessarily, but expectations.  To that extent, yes I have higher expectations of certain "professional" people in the public.  Mr. Punnett has made it perfectly clear he is a deacon in his church.  It is only because of this that I hold him to a higher standard of morality.  If he didn't push the deacon angle, I wouldn't expect so much.  Having listened to him for many years, I just found it irritating that the deacon of a church would VERY often have off-color comments, jokes, and sexual innuendos.  Do I do it - yes, to some degree - but I am not the deacon of a church.  Can a churchman be funny and have a sense of humor - absolutely.  I just don't happen to think he is funny.  I also did not like when Ian was (often) in his "mood" where he would just not let something go and just attack, attack, attack to make a point (hard to explain this one, but maybe others noticed it as well).

I agree with a lot of what you said about his capabilities.  It is just a preference of personality, and I don't happen to gravitate toward his personality.  And as far as comparing him or anyone to Noory, well that is the old alien-to-ant analogy (no offense to ants - they are smarter than Noory).

And now, back to Jorch!

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: MV on May 16, 2013, 10:39:04 PM

a lot of people on this forum hate ian, and i've never understood why.  i've always found him an interesting, competent host... and i don't recall ever wincing or recoiling at anything he's done as host.  i wish he'd taken the show over instead of mike siegel when art left the first time.

UFOGadfly and MV,

Thanks for your replies as well.  I don't intend to offend anyone, I just don't happen to like Punnett's personality.  He is MUCH better than Jorch, don't get me wrong!  I just think he is a little full of himself...

Thanks!

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Agent : Orange on May 16, 2013, 12:08:38 PM
George looks confused

He does!  He also looks very bored and lifeless.  Maybe it's like Weekend at Bernie's and he's really dead and they're just propping him up.  We said they could just be dubbing his 3X5-card questions anyway???

Immy

IJ (Idiot Jorch) screwed up the Powerball lotto jackpot amount. At first he correctly said $550 million, then when he talked about the C2C audience getting in on the action (a notion that made no sense) he said it was $550.00  ::) :o  Plus his "of course" total was really up there in the first half hour. His ineptitude knows no bounds.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Immy on May 17, 2013, 12:06:24 AM
IJ (Idiot Jorch) screwed up the Powerball lotto jackpot amount. At first he correctly said $550 million, then when he talked about the C2C audience getting in on the action (a notion that made no sense) he said it was $550.00  ::) :o  Plus his "of course" total was really up there in the first half hour. His ineptitude knows no bounds.

This listener, of course, has noticed as well that "His Greatless" is saying "as well" a lot more than usual as well of course.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roy Hinkley on May 16, 2013, 11:37:15 PM
UFOGadfly and MV,

Thanks for your replies as well.  I don't intend to offend anyone...

nah, don't sweat that.  we all have our opinions.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: MV on May 17, 2013, 12:26:48 AM

nah, don't sweat that.  we all have our opinions.

Thanks MV, appreciate it.   8)

George ended the program by commenting it has been five years since he last had tonight's guest on.  He said "It's amazing how fast time goes by when you're REALLY (emphasis his) having fun."  I just note this because it is in stark contrast to our impressions of how much George is actually enjoying doing the show.

valdez

...Ian Punnett is everything George Noory is not and will never be: an idiosyncratic, competent, professional radio broadcaster and a decent, likeable, unassuming human being with wit, intelligence, intellectual curiosity and a basic respect for his audience....

Ian showed class during his segment yesterday.  George showed the putz that he is every time he "bleeped" Ian's book.  This from the guy who calls his show "edgy."  Robert Zimmerman on the demise of the Kepler telescope.  Gerald Epling on memories and plants and such. George is on assignment tomorrow. This is the second time that I can remember that George has been on assignment.  He doesn't tell us what these assignments are.  Is it a secret?  Where you going, George?  Are you investigating something?  Are you going to file a report when you're done?  Who sent you on assignment?  Who is it that thinks you can handle anything beyond announcing the name and city of the next caller?   

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Gay on May 16, 2013, 03:25:29 AM
SUCK IT HATERZZZ

That poor girl is trying to escape from the clutches of George Noory. I feel for her... and would feel her too.  :o

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 17, 2013, 08:53:57 AM

That poor girl is trying to escape from the clutches of George Noory. I feel for her... and would feel her too.  :o

[attachimg=1]

sleeplessinca

^^^^^ Where did Snoorey's hair go? ^^^^^^^^

ItsOver

We all know Jorch is such a swell and carrying guy.  He's no doubt loaned it out for awhile to one of the less fortunate.

[attachimg=1]

ItsOver

I believe it's one of the "Attention, WalMart shoppers!" brigade. 

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 17, 2013, 10:14:58 AM

[attachimg=1]

Everything is trying to run away from Noory including his hair.

ziznak

Quote from: sleeplessinca on May 17, 2013, 10:53:23 AM
^^^^^ Where did Snoorey's hair go? ^^^^^^^^
It was early and he hadn't sprayed it on yet.

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 17, 2013, 08:53:57 AM
She looks pretty freaked out to me. Exit stage left..

coaster

Quote from: MV on May 16, 2013, 10:39:04 PM

Agreed. I like Ian.

Quote from: ItsOver on May 17, 2013, 11:12:01 AM
We all know Jorch is such a swell and carrying guy.  He's no doubt loaned it out for awhile to one of the less fortunate.

[attachimg=1]
Wtf is this? I see Walmart in there I think.

Morgus

Last night Noory and his guest were so boring that in the last hour with callers some of them fell asleep and were heard snoring when he connected to their phone line.
Noory remembered a time he interrupted a caller sitting on the toilet when he connected to his phone and heard a flush, just like what Noory has been doing to the show? :D

Noory announced last night that he is taking the next two Friday nights off for traveling, probably to some of his live appearance events and/or to tape more episodes of his pay video podcast  in Colorado. Wells fills in tonight and Knapp next Friday.

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on May 17, 2013, 02:29:31 PM
...... Knapp next Friday.

All right!  I hope he gets a decent topic and not some kind of Carnivora, number's lady, goofy crystal-lover's crap.

mombird3

Thanks. I never listen anymore. I decided long ago to keep it off. And no UFO PHIL tonight. I will listen. Knapp is the best host they have. But I will give John Wells a listen tonight.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: bateman on May 16, 2013, 08:02:02 PM
John Batchelor is the closest I've found.
Good call!  The Batchelor & Alexander show in the early aughts was a great listen!  Aside from the sin of giving Monica Crowley more exposure (where's Ozzy when you need him?) they would go back and forth on every topic with great supporting guests!  According to Wikipedia (ahem) it was the highest rated late night show in the country (for the two years they stayed together).  Actually I knew more people who talked B & A the next day than C2C.  I know Paul Alexander has veered off to pursue theatre direction and film but John by himself could well be a compelling host!!