• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 03, 2016, 06:57:56 PM
Here's my question to any who think they might have a handle on Trump, either supporters or not:

Do you think that prior to moving into the White House (or shortly thereafter) Trump would undergo some kind of personality transplant that would allow him to speak like a president ((or any halfway normal person) so that he would not be treated the way the world now treats the Dear Leader in North Korea?

When does Obama get back from North Korea?

Value Of Pi

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 03, 2016, 06:59:27 PM
When does Obama get back from North Korea?

Maybe I needed to add, let's leave Obama out of this. He won't be there. It would be all Trump, all the time.

VtaGeezer

Trump is singing "Oh Canada" to Raphael.  Bwahahahaha!

I attended his rally here in NC awhile back. The crowd was fine entertainment for a Friday night in Raleigh - plus it was free!

Any one else attend one of his rally's?   

=Schlyder=

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Trump being elected POTUS is a perfect example of this.  After 8 years of Obama.. Trump is what you will get. 

starrmtn001

For those of you who are interested, this evening's Trump Rally starts in about fifteen, or so, minutes.

Donald Trump LIVE Holds Rally in Burlington, VT (1-7-16)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtkw5HgL6VI

VtaGeezer

Quote from: starrmtn001 on January 07, 2016, 05:45:55 PM
For those of you who are interested, this evening's Trump Rally starts in about fifteen, or so, minutes.
That's the one that he sent out 20,000 tickets for a theater with 1400 seats. Cute.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 07, 2016, 05:51:37 PM
That's the one that he sent out 20,000 tickets for a theater with 1400 seats. Cute.
It was a clever idea. Bernie was planning to get some of his minions, assuming they are awake by now, to attend and heckle since the venue was small (Vermont is small and Bernie's home turf.) So Trump 'trumped' him by sending out so many tickets. Now he could've really done better, and pull a Billary or Obama, and hire buses and paid attendees or just told the local union boss that he better get people in the seats but Trump is still learning the political racket.

starrmtn001

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 07, 2016, 05:51:37 PM
Just posting a notification.  I Like what's on the surface but I want to know what's underneath.  Also, I want to wait till I see who may throw a late hat in the ring, if that even happens.

VtaGeezer

I watched it on TV.  I must say it changed my opinion of Trump.  I've liked his ability to cut through PC bullshit but assumed most of the bluster was just to please the crowd, and that he actually had some good ideas.  No more.  I've never seen such a harangue to whip up an mob labeled a Presidential campaign rally. His people shouldn't be handing out baseball caps, they should be handing out black shirts. 

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 08, 2016, 02:24:42 PM
I watched it on TV.  I must say it changed my opinion of Trump.  I've liked his ability to cut through PC bullshit but assumed most of the bluster was just to please the crowd, and that he actually had some good ideas.  No more.  I've never seen such a harangue to whip up an mob labeled a Presidential campaign rally. His people shouldn't be handing out baseball caps, they should be handing out black shirts.

Inciting the crowd against protesters has become standard at his his rallies, and it's a scary thing to watch.  Somebody is bound to get seriously hurt sooner than later, and then it's not going to be "cute" any more.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 08, 2016, 02:33:16 PM
...it's not going to be "cute" any more.
I think that it's already past that point.

I think once voting starts occurring Trump's numbers won't hold. I think the demise of the typical Republican base is exaggerated. I think the race is between Rubio or Cruz. Bush is seemingly out but the media could fabricate a comeback story, they love doing that.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 08, 2016, 02:58:41 PM
I think that it's already past that point.

It went past there the first time it happened. It got even more troubling last night when he called to "confiscate" people's coats.  For him to think he has a right to take the personal property of someone who voices disagreement, even if done rudely, with him is inexcusable.

albrecht

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 08, 2016, 03:10:18 PM
I think once voting starts occurring Trump's numbers won't hold. I think the demise of the typical Republican base is exaggerated. I think the race is between Rubio or Cruz. Bush is seemingly out but the media could fabricate a comeback story, they love doing that.
And what appears to be a large percent of his core demographic (angry white working guys with high school or maybe college degrees) don't usually turn out to vote. The cynic and/or politically lazy "because its already over" "they are all the same anyway" or  "just leave me alone" demographic doesn't usually turn out.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 08, 2016, 03:10:18 PM
I hope you're right but his momentary demise has been predicted since he announced.  I heard a GOP insider say that his ground game in Iowa and NH is vastly underrated; he has a large organization in both places.  As for turn-out, I figure that if they'll drive to a hear speech, they'll also drive to a caucus or polling place.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 08, 2016, 03:19:16 PM
I hope you're right but his momentary demise has been predicted since he announced.  I heard a GOP insider say that his ground game in Iowa and NH is vastly underrated; he has a large organization in both places.  As for turn-out, I figure that if they'll drive to a hear speech, they'll also drive to a caucus or polling place.

McCain finished 3rd in Iowa. I recall CNN spinning it as positive thing. The media will spin the results anyway they want. Then whatever candidate they anoint will have momentum.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 08, 2016, 03:22:53 PM
McCain finished 3rd in Iowa. I recall CNN spinning it as positive thing. The media will spin the results anyway they want. Then whatever candidate they anoint will have momentum.
Clinton came in 2nd in NH in '92 but the media let him get away with the "Comeback Kid" line because Gennifer Flowers almost derailed him.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 08, 2016, 03:16:28 PM
It went past there the first time it happened. It got even more troubling last night when he called to "confiscate" people's coats.  For him to think he has a right to take the personal property of someone who voices disagreement, even if done rudely, with him is inexcusable.

It seems an odd thing to be confiscated; was it particularly cold and those without coats ran the risk of freezing to death when they're thrown out into the cold night, like that time you and I were chased by those really angry Norwegian fishermen in Trondheim.

But seriously..Trump is a bully. He's a megalomaniac who it's certain the last thing on his mind would be the American people if they were crazy enough to elect him Pres.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 08, 2016, 03:43:06 PM
... if they were crazy enough to elect him Pres.
Writer HL Mencken,  said it 90 years ago, “No one...has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.”

Zoo

I am voting for Trump because he will help destroy it all. Bring on the end!!1