• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Robert

Quote from: monica on June 11, 2018, 12:33:28 AMDoes this guy look like Damon?
Lindelof?  No, but I know them both.  Haven't seen either in yrs., though.  I knew Neil when he was Neal.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Robert on June 11, 2018, 07:08:22 PM
Lindelof?  No, but I know them both.  Haven't seen either in yrs., though.  I knew Neil when he was Neal.

Isn’t it common for pedofiles to slightly change the spelling of their name because if sex register requirements?

Bluejay

Quote from: Dateline on June 11, 2018, 06:58:38 PM
Now, I might not heard this right, but I think the comment went something like this in Vegas. 

Norry:  "I want to dedicate this show to Art Bell. . . because he told me not to screw it up. " 

Norry, be easy on the soul.  Next time to this:  "I would dedicate this show to Art Bell, but this time I am gonna dedicate it to myself."
That would be fine with Art, because I am going to screw it up more times than can be covered by a blanket.

Or, I am gonna screw up so many time and I want Art to continue to RIP. 

Or, I am gonna screw it up so many times because I get it, and I am the REAL Bell legacy. 

Take your pick, or you my improvise at your pleasure.

NoMoreNoory

Noory cites an email from someone who wanted to know how much Doc Wallet gets paid for his regular infomercial on Coast. Nothing, insists Joorch, and his only motivation is to help someone who is sick. I can understand Wallet gets no fee for being on the show, but what he does get is a couple of hours 'free' advertising, and all those people on the other end of the phone number Noory regularly gives out are there to take your money for his no doubt expensive vitamin and nutrient packages. Not entirely honest of Noory, to say the least. And he is always describing Critical Health News as a 'partner' and 'sponsor' of C2C. Hard to see how that works without money changing hands somewhere along the line.

Morgus

At the critical health news website now, they even have a pic of Noory with a caption to Vote him into the National Radio Hall of Fame....  8)

Jojo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on June 11, 2018, 11:36:23 PM
Noory cites an email from someone who wanted to know how much Doc Wallet gets paid for his regular infomercial on Coast. Nothing, insists Joorch, and his only motivation is to help someone who is sick. I can understand Wallet gets no fee for being on the show, but what he does get is a couple of hours 'free' advertising, and all those people on the other end of the phone number Noory regularly gives out are there to take your money for his no doubt expensive vitamin and nutrient packages. Not entirely honest of Noory, to say the least. And he is always describing Critical Health News as a 'partner' and 'sponsor' of C2C. Hard to see how that works without money changing hands somewhere along the line.
I think Critical Health News pays for ad space on the website.  The doc does give away a lot of naturopathic info which can be used for self-help poor folks...  I have paid attention to vitamins and herbs for decades, and some supplements.  And, I agree with about 90% of the doc.

However, I don't agree with Noory.  And I have said this many times - I think even to him himself.  Some guy calls in with a dystrophy disease, and George just had to highlight the fact that guy was not obese, based on his height and weight.  OMGoodness - as if obesity causes dystrophy diseases.  The show is not about obesity, George.  People don't even need to give their height.  The doc never asks for height.  But a few months ago, George started including height in the criteria, and he's the Queen so if he asks for it, the doc takes it and now everyone is doing it.  Disgusting.  The doc merely needs the person's weight so he can dose them.  Duh Duh Duh.  Not that obesity might not come up once in a while, but the doc is just DOSING the person by their WEIGHT.  GNS!

I think George started asking for height after I complained that he complimented a woman for weighing 110lbs without knowing her height.  She could have been significantly underweight, which he should not compliment.  Since the day I complained, now he always asks for height but that was totally not my point.  My point is that each and every call is not about whether or not the caller is HWP, and weight is just for dosing.

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on June 11, 2018, 11:48:06 PM
At the critical health news website now, they even have a pic of Noory with a caption to Vote him into the National Radio Hall of Fame....  8)

You know, I'm sure, how much quackery and later conspiracy/religious meant for radio? But especially quackery. Then more 'legit' companies got on board and it is history of soaps and cigarettes and onward....

TigerLily

sNoory is either having a stroke or is drunk. My God, this man is awful - GNS

Sean92008

Somehow, he claims that these pill pushing doctors are only on for a total of 4 hours a month split between the two of them...

Why do I always turn the station on when one of these clowns is a guest? I can't believe that 120 hours a month of programming generating less than 4% content is being heard as much as it is...

goldendeal

Received an email from Coast this morning, below is the email and my reply. They have no shame try to drum up support for this carnival barker.

Dear Coast Insiders,
As you may have heard, George Noory has been nominated for induction into the National Radio Hall of Fame. As a Coast fan, we wanted to alert you to this exciting news with this one-time email, and ask you to consider casting a vote for the outstanding man who has kept Coast to Coast AM ticking for the last 16 years!

You can help George win this honor by VOTING NOW through June 18th for his induction into the National Radio Hall of Fame! Here's how:
VOTE BY TEXT AND WEBSITE:
Text 700 to 96000 to vote for George.
Visit www.radiovote.com to vote online.
*One vote for each email address AND cell phone number.
Thank you for your consideration!
Sincerely,

Paul Bell
General Manager

Dear Coast, I will not vote for Noory. He has single handily ruined Coast to Coast making it a mere shadow of what the show once was. It has departed so far from the original intent and purpose of the program I don’t even recognize it anymore.  It is now about Noory pushing his agenda and infomercials.  Whether that be a dating services or health products. This is not what Art Bell intended when the show was created. Noory has made a farce and mockery of Coast to Coast to serve himself, not the listeners and in my opinion does not deserve induction into the National Radio Hall of Fame.

GravitySucks

Quote from: goldendeal on June 12, 2018, 02:15:18 PM
Received an email from Coast this morning, below is the email and my reply. They have no shame try to drum up support for this carnival barker.

Dear Coast Insiders,
As you may have heard, George Noory has been nominated for induction into the National Radio Hall of Fame. As a Coast fan, we wanted to alert you to this exciting news with this one-time email, and ask you to consider casting a vote for the outstanding man who has kept Coast to Coast AM ticking for the last 16 years!

You can help George win this honor by VOTING NOW through June 18th for his induction into the National Radio Hall of Fame! Here's how:
VOTE BY TEXT AND WEBSITE:
Text 700 to 96000 to vote for George.
Visit www.radiovote.com to vote online.
*One vote for each email address AND cell phone number.
Thank you for your consideration!
Sincerely,

Paul Bell
General Manager

Dear Coast, I will not vote for Noory. He has single handily ruined Coast to Coast making it a mere shadow of what the show once was. It has departed so far from the original intent and purpose of the program I don’t even recognize it anymore.  It is now about Noory pushing his agenda and infomercials.  Whether that be a dating services or health products. This is not what Art Bell intended when the show was created. Noory has made a farce and mockery of Coast to Coast to serve himself, not the listeners and in my opinion does not deserve induction into the National Radio Hall of Fame.

Bravo!

scifinj

Quote from: TigerLily on June 12, 2018, 01:42:57 AM
sNoory is either having a stroke or is drunk. My God, this man is awful - GNS

Must he tell his Dr. Simon interview story EVERY time the subject of the Betty and Barney Hill case comes up?! Guess he figures there are some new listeners each night who haven't heard it 50 times.
And at the risk of repeating myself...he needs to find another adjective besides "incredible." What's incredible is that he's lasted this long.

scifinj

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 07, 2018, 02:07:53 AM
Jorch the Obtuse in action. His guest is a researcher into the ghosts haunting historic Williamsport. So the guest is telling various ghost stories - he begins a new one, tells Jorch he has to hear it because it's very touching. Guest begins giving background details, young man dies of a heart attack ....... Jorch jumps in 'And he never leaves does he *chortle*', the guest hasn't been allowed to tell his story and he's not happy 'Hey wait, let me finish the story'.  Jorch barely listens to his guests, his interjections and responses are proof of how little he's retained and/or how much he cares.

His unnecessary and inappropriate interjections are maddening.

scifinj

Quote from: monica on June 07, 2018, 04:09:07 AM
Oh that makes sense.  Theater is thurdder so... Career is cuhfrer.  How much is speech therapy?

That was a pahrful thought.

scifinj

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 08, 2018, 01:44:05 AM
great booking Tommy, a tarot card reading post menopausal crone. seriously, enough with the cat ladies.

such fascinating conversation

Jorch: How many cards in a tarot card deck?

Madame Whatever: 78

Jorch: Oh so not like playing card decks which have 52 cards.

Nobody on the day shift would believe this shit is a nationally syndicated radio program.

DisGeorge is familiar with not playing with a full deck.

scifinj

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 05, 2018, 12:20:16 PM
Consider how short peoples' memory muscles are these days.

Once you go off the air you get forgotten right fast, even Art will disappear over time.

Anyone remember Bruce Williams?

http://www.brucewilliams.com

I remember Bruce very well because I interviewed him for his first radio gig when I was Assistant Program Director at local NJ station, which (as far as I know) is where he began his talk show career. This was in the mid-to-late 70s. Never heard him anywhere else because I wasn't into the financial talk thing. Back then he struck me as kind of a blowhard, but he always seemed to know his stuff and certainly developed a following. Way more deserving of Hall of Fame status than GN.

Jojo

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=george+noory&&view=detail&mid=508BB409A9B5A8C31964508BB409A9B5A8C31964&&FORM=VRDGAR

In this interview of George, George says there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers.  At 45:46 he proves it.

An audience member asks why there are not more photos of aliens, since aliens supposedly are monitoring and abducting citizens.  George answers 180 degrees the other way, talking NOT about photos of aliens, but talking rather gleefully about surveillance of individual citizens in their homes by aliens.  Kind of a weird angle for him to empathize with; whose side is he on? 

Anyhow, I'm sure like me the audience members started to think uncomfortably about potentially embarrassing positions they may have been caught on camera in, like giving birth at home, taking an enema, bending over, menstruating, cleaning their nostrils, or even worse personal things like wearing diapers.  George.  But he persisted in the voyeur's point of view, saying how happy aliens must be to salaciously abduct "babes".   Wow.

And in same interview, he talks about "foo-pauxs".  Yes, foo-paws.  Is that regional or something?  He probably thinks the word originated from food-on-paws.

Between that and the long, long saliva-slurping "joke" he also told, he should just change his name to "IM14".  At least his wives presumably benefitted from his paychecks, but this audience actually PAID OUT to hear his crap.

I wonder why he looked at illegal voyeurism as salacious instead of focusing on the human concern about privacy violation.  His perspective sounded like it was from a perverted voyeur.  Well, well.  And well, well...   He's rich.  Maybe he owns a satellite with cameras on it.  Or drones that download footage. That could explain why he always looks tired, slightly bedraggled, has an unsymmetrical mustache, doesn't seems to care enough about his appearance to buy new clothes or get the dry-cleaning done.  Sounds distracted during the show.  Doesn't take the time to get his shortwave license.  Ladies and gents, and especially babes, CLOSE YOUR DRAPES just in case.  We all know he "never takes a day off" from working for money.  Well, damn right, it could be hobby equipment COSTS MONEY.

Saddest of all, he fails to address the fact that aliens don't seem to have hormones or genitals.  Probings may be for other reasons.  Get real.  And focus.  What a façade of a character.  He took a legitimate question about gathering evidence on aliens, but twisted it into a human fright for all, and then continued on until he could laugh about HOT BABES being abducted.  Forgetting that they are real people.  Wives, daughters, grand daughters, mothers, nieces, sisters, and single parents.

s1alker

Is it just me, or they don't have the variety of callers like they used to back in the day? I realize that the late night long-form talk demographic is aging considerably. But I'm sure there must be enough people listening to warrant doing a show 7 nights a week.  It's always the same couple of people.

I know I'm an outlier, mid 30's older millennial who has been listening to night radio since the mid 90s.

Jojo

Quote from: s1alker on June 13, 2018, 12:56:27 AM
Is it just me, or they don't have the variety of callers like they used to back in the day? I realize that the late night long-form talk demographic is aging considerably. But I'm sure there must be enough people listening to warrant doing a show 7 nights a week.  It's always the same couple of people.

I know I'm an outlier, mid 30's older millennial who has been listening to night radio since the mid 90s.
they need to go back to the limit of one call per mo.  i'm aging too - over 50!  you don't talk much, do you?  I bet you work a lot.

Dateline

Norry has a new nickname, "The Destroyer".  He has destroyed Coast; He has destroyed love.  What is next in his path of destruction? 

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on June 13, 2018, 01:29:41 AM
Norry has a new nickname, "The Destroyer".  He has destroyed Coast; He has destroyed love.  What is next in his path of destruction?
His credit.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dateline on June 13, 2018, 01:29:41 AM

Just how much can Asheville take?

NoMoreNoory

"Are you concerned about your blood pressure? You should be. It's part of a heart-healthy overall well-bee-een* body."
-George Noory, Radio Hall Of Fame nominee

*'well-bee-een'. Known to the English language as 'well-being.'

'Heart-healthy overall well-being body.'  Nope. Still makes no sense.

-GNS

Jojo

Around 1:56PM, George told the last caller he needed to say his question fast.  The caller said it pretty fast.  At 1:57 George said there was no time to answer, played the bumper music, and ads began before 1:59AM.  Wow.  Why doesn't he save the question for the next time that guest is on, or have the guest try to do that?

Fourteen

ItsOver

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on June 13, 2018, 11:10:56 AM
"Are you concerned about your blood pressure? You should be. It's part of a heart-healthy overall well-bee-een* body."
-George Noory, Radio Hall Of Fame nominee

*'well-bee-een'. Known to the English language as 'well-being.'

'Heart-healthy overall well-being body.'  Nope. Still makes no sense.

-GNS
Take what Jorch recommends and you, too, can speak nonsense.  Thanks, but no thanks, Jorch.

ItsOver

Quote from: 14 on June 14, 2018, 03:02:25 AM
Around 1:56PM, George told the last caller he needed to say his question fast.  The caller said it pretty fast.  At 1:57 George said there was no time to answer, played the bumper music, and ads began before 1:59AM.  Wow.  Why doesn't he save the question for the next time that guest is on, or have the guest try to do that?

Fourteen
Because that would take effort and thought.  We are talking Jorch Noory.

Zetaspeak

So Newsmax is a new sponsor for C2C. They are going to be surprised that they are spending money on a show that doesn't do politics.  ::)

Metron2267

Quote from: Zetaspeak on June 14, 2018, 03:32:24 PM
So Newsmax is a new sponsor for C2C. They are going to be surprised that they are spending money on a show that doesn't do politics.  ::)

They have become rather "flexible" of late:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsmax

As of May 2018, the Qatari government has been seeking to acquire a major stake in Newsmax in order to "to win friends and clout in the United States as it struggle to respond to a Trump-endorsed blockade by its Arab neighbors."[14] Since Qatar has moved to invest in Newsmax, the publication has softened its tone on Qatar. While Newsmax had been "among the conservative outlets that led the charge in portraying Qatar as a major state sponsor of terror," when the Emir of Qatar visited the U.S. in April the outlet "cheered the visit and said it was 'widely praised.

http://www.insideradio.com/free/right-leaning-newsmax-tilts-left-on-media-ownership-rules/article_aec0abaa-afe2-11e7-9075-2b017755ff5f.html

The conservative news website Newsmax Media, seemingly a natural ally with talk radio, is instead aligning itself with one of the two Democrats serving at the Federal Communications Commission. Newsmaxâ€"like commissioner Jessica Rosenworcelâ€"is wary of efforts to roll back radio and television ownership limits.

Jojo

They're playing the Covet Your Neighbor's Wife song.  Must be traveling soon, seems like that's when it's played.  Could it be about a flight attendant?  A production support employee?  A contractor?

Fourteen