• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Dyna-X

Quote from: spookcat on June 19, 2018, 12:20:21 AM
Does anyone know how plants would react in space?
With light and water they still grow, although the roots tend to grow in random directions.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Taco Bell on June 19, 2018, 12:28:22 AM
Could a fart propel a body in zero gravity?  Random thought question as I roll into bed.
Not enough thrust. A sneeze has been known to throw an astronaut into a slow roll if they are not anchored down.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 18, 2018, 11:52:07 PM
Seth looks specifically at 1420 Mhz because it's the frequency at which neutral hydrogen emits radio. All alien scientists would know that to be true, so it's logical to look there. It's also set aside for radio astronomy globally. Most other frequencies unfortunately are subject to interference from earth sources.
Since the universe is expanding and that expansion is speeding up, wouldn’t there be a doppler shift to each signal and wouldn’t that doppler shift be different depending on the origin?

Now you made my head hurt.

painter17

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 19, 2018, 12:19:17 AM
Kids, have a great evening/morning.  Today's GabCast and MitD were wonderful caps to a long and stressful day with kids and crap.

Back to normal.

Fuck Heather.

I’m with you, just listened to the show and the podcast, glad Dave didn’t hold back the details regarding Heather.... what a miserable weirdo the shack dweller has turned out to be...
So glad she’s gone

Taco Bell

Quote from: spookcat on June 19, 2018, 12:45:21 AM
To put it simply, on Gabcast, Dave said he sent Heather a message congratulating her on Kingdom of Nye. Heater basically told him to screw off.

Wait, she doesn't have someone screening messages too? She's a high class (l)ass.

Pizzapunch

George Booty! We love you Dave haha

Ghost

Quote from: spookcat on June 19, 2018, 12:59:12 AM
Goodnight all of you!

I couldn’t listen last night, just catching up. Love this one Spookcat!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 19, 2018, 02:40:54 AM
Since the universe is expanding and that expansion is speeding up, wouldn’t there be a doppler shift to each signal and wouldn’t that doppler shift be different depending on the origin?

Now you made my head hurt.

Oh sure, they have to do all sorts of corrections for relative motion depending on the target.

Bart Ell

DAVE SCHRADER - HOST OF MITD:

1. You mentioned Tim may get the interview you did with the Linegar family up. Any update?
2. I did a search and did not find the Ed Ozosky show. If a link to were appear in my inbox I would not say where it came from. I would also pirate it and run the clip on KONR.

Spookcat

Quote from: Ghost on June 19, 2018, 10:01:05 AM
I couldn’t listen last night, just catching up. Love this one Spookcat!

It's just so cute!

Spookcat

Daily cat picture is early today because I'm taking some time to visit Nagasaki (Don't tell Libbe HaLevy).

Ghost

Quote from: spookcat on June 19, 2018, 12:52:45 PM
Daily cat picture is early today because I'm taking some time to visit Nagasaki (Don't tell Libbe HaLevy).

Oh, you had to go and remind me about Libbe! JK, have a great day. Love today’s photo!

Father Jack

I just listened to last night's Gabcast and came away with these impressions:

1. Ms. Wade is indeed an airborne sphincter.

2. Dave is THE MAN.

3. Ms. Winnie is a goddess  (oof-da).

Have I missed anything?

Taco Bell

Quote from: Father Jack on June 19, 2018, 02:40:12 PM
I just listened to last night's Gabcast and came away with these impressions:

1. Ms. Wade is indeed an airborne sphincter.

2. Dave is THE MAN.

3. Ms. Winnie is a goddess  (oof-da).

Have I missed anything?

4. Praise MV

Father Jack

Quote from: Taco Bell on June 19, 2018, 02:49:14 PM
4. Praise MV

Of course! How could I overlook that?  Praise MV!!!

Jojo

Quote from: spookcat on June 19, 2018, 12:45:21 AM
To put it simply, on Gabcast, Dave said he sent Heather a message congratulating her on Kingdom of Nye. Heater basically told him to screw off.
There was a little history behind this.  Something about Heather not accepting private feedback very well at all, and him appearing later to "kill" her with kindness publicly.  Although plausibly, he was just being supportive.

Fourteen

Jojo

Quote from: Pizzapunch on June 19, 2018, 09:34:22 AM
George Booty! We love you Dave haha
No way??????  Really?  Ha ha.

Fourteen

GravitySucks

Quote from: 14 on June 19, 2018, 03:43:41 PM
There was a little history behind this.  Something about Heather not accepting private feedback very well at all, and him appearing later to "kill" her with kindness publicly.  Although plausibly, he was just being supportive.

Fourteen

That message and the retort were in private.

Tootsie

Heather w. was so nasty to Dave and she talked about how her near death experience made her into a loving caring good person.. I wonder if she even had a near death experience.. I don't think you can believe anything she says.. and Art Bell did a terrible thing having her move in next door when when she was so obviously already totally obsessed with him with no life of her own as it certainly seems..

Metron2267

Quote from: Tootsie Wootsy on June 19, 2018, 04:08:09 PM
Heather w. was so nasty to Dave and she talked about how her near death experience made her into a loving caring good person.. I wonder if she even had a near death experience.. I don't think you can believe anything she says.. and Art Bell did a terrible thing having her move in next door when when she was so obviously already totally obsessed with him with no life of her own as it certainly seems..

So like can you get over this do you think?

Will time heal all, or is the a personal scar that can't go away? :-[

Tootsie

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 19, 2018, 04:12:08 PM
So like can you get over this do you think?

Will time heal all, or is the a personal scar that can't go away? :-[

oh geez.. get over yourself

Metron2267

Quote from: Tootsie Wootsy on June 19, 2018, 04:16:42 PM
oh geez.. get over yourself

No seriously. There has to be a point (or maybe not) when the whole Heather angst goes away, right?

Dave was pretty even-handed and real about calling it quits and it didn't dominate the whole podcast as past episodes have.

It was classy for him to consider offering Heather the Art promos recut just to Midnight.

Folks have to move on.

Father Jack

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 19, 2018, 04:43:39 PM
No seriously. There has to be a point (or maybe not) when the whole Heather angst goes away, right?

Dave was pretty even-handed and real about calling it quits and it didn't dominate the whole podcast as past episodes have.

It was classy for him to consider offering Heather the Art promos recut just to Midnight.

Folks have to move on.

Too right.

Sean92008

Quote from: Tootsie Wootsy on June 19, 2018, 04:08:09 PM
She's beyond full-of-shit status, she's burned professional bridges and showed an unwillingness to be rational. Anybody hiring (un)talent like that is asking for trouble. Anybody associating with her is asking for a kerosene dousing before lighting a match.

Mr. Winnie's easygoing personality is quite evident and, for him to say there's no way he'll work with her says it all.

The kids at school that act like her are the ones who get their asses kicked and cry "victim" while they're the victimizer, poking everybody in the chest being an aggressive asshole.

Whatever her dreams are for the future, they must be pathetic if they're going to come true. There's no way this ends well.

Bluejay

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 19, 2018, 05:06:38 PM
She's beyond full-of-shit status, she's burned professional bridges and showed an unwillingness to be rational. Anybody hiring (un)talent like that is asking for trouble. Anybody associating with her is asking for a kerosene dousing before lighting a match.

Mr. Winnie's easygoing personality is quite evident and, for him to say there's no way he'll work with her says it all.

The kids at school that act like her are the ones who get their asses kicked and cry "victim" while they're the victimizer, poking everybody in the chest being an aggressive asshole.

Whatever her dreams are for the future, they must be pathetic if they're going to come true. There's no way this ends well.

WOTR

Quote from: Bluejay on June 19, 2018, 04:24:37 PM

I am listening now, and laughed just a little when MV said he may need to fire up his old A/C and call it a night.

Also Dave's air conditioning has been out since last week?!?  And he has not requested a new listener supplied unit?  :-\