• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Avi

Quote from: BobGrau on January 19, 2012, 09:17:40 AM
I just felt I had to speak up for irrationality as it deserves better than to be monopolised by the Noorys of this world.

Tee-hee. OK, here's my intention: George will cease to be guilty of outright suckitude, will prepare for his guests and will cease to rely on cue cards.

Sardondi

Quote from: Susan Foreman on January 19, 2012, 06:38:32 AM...I have come to despise George, all his health crap...

Maybe it's a case of the bit dog barks, but I get so irritated at the "healthier than thou" attitude he displays in the tales of his glorious super fitness program. A little bit of "the wonder of me" from George goes a very long way.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 19, 2012, 01:05:36 PM...I heard the "haters" comment last night.  Too bad he doesn't seem to realize that participants on forums like GaostGab want the program to succeed; him too if he'd only be faithful to the C2C roots and legacy.

Quote from: Wild Card Guy on January 19, 2012, 06:45:49 PM...It's quite obvious that sites like this really get under George's skin, otherwise he wouldn't even bring it up during the course of his show. He doth protest.

Yes, this forum takes some mean and nasty shots at George..that's why it's funny. But it wouldn't have lasted almost 400 pages and 12,000 posts if there wasn't a significant segment of CTC's audience that didn't share at least some of the ideas expressed here. 

This forum could be a simply invaluable resource to George and his enablers, I mean, producers. George could know while he was still on the air if something might need to be rethought, a different approach used, other questions asked. But apparently George is an extremely insecure man who isn't strong enough to hear criticism. So he hires handlers to shield him from anything that might upset him - thus their use of those truly sophomoric "canned" responses to emails which are not a sycophantic gush of fawning praise. You know the ones: the you're-such-a-stupid-idiot emails that the interns paste into responses to us. And then George is so shaken he goes on air to strike back at us for being "haters". 

Damn we're powerful.

BobGrau

Quote from: Avi on January 19, 2012, 08:56:16 PM
Tee-hee. OK, here's my intention: George will cease to be guilty of outright suckitude, will prepare for his guests and will cease to rely on cue cards.

might as well wish for World Peace, or a third testicle.

Quote from: Sardondi on January 20, 2012, 12:12:55 AM
... Yes, this forum takes some mean and nasty shots at George..that's why it's funny...

I sort of thought we were being overly nice to him considering - offering advice, pointing out areas where he could improve, daily focus group critiques, instant feedback, suggestions of other more appropriate lines of work, all free of charge. 

He probably uses his his ability to absorb criticism and get his name out there on the net in his contract negotiations..

Quote from: BobGrau on January 19, 2012, 09:17:40 AM
'decide' or intend, pray, cast a spell, whatever works for you, that something will happen that will convince you that there's something to this nonsense.

Sorry for not being clearer.  I really have no problem with the discussion of the effectiveness of prayer or spells or whatever.  I personally find “intention” to be an annoying weasel word.  But that is just me and I am frankly easily annoyed (which is one of the reasons I like CoastGab).  There have been very good discussions of these subjects on c2c and I enjoy listening to them.

But… Then there can be the “think happy thoughts and everything will be okay” style motivational speakers.  Think the Luck Lady.  This is overly simplistic and, well, silly.

While George sometimes has the first type of people on, he seems to personally follow the second.  So I was knocking lameness, not endorsing materialism.

I think your proposed thread would be interesting.  I used to practice wicca in the 1980’s and some people were quite good at spells or divination.  Better than randomness could account for.  As a side note, it was totally against the rules to charge money for anything.  So, something may or may not work, but no one was ripped off.  Some people exaggerated or made things up for the sake of their “reputations” but this could often be detected.

Avi

Quote from: BobGrau on January 20, 2012, 01:15:13 AM
might as well wish for World Peace, or a third testicle.

So, intentionality has its limits, eh? George Noory - a hurdle for even the most metaphysically inclined.

WOTR

It takes a lot for me to feel sorry for somebody... that picture managed to evoke emotions of sympathy.  Can you imagine trying to convince yourself that you are the best radio show host in the known universe while sitting in surroundings that make it very clear your employer thinks nothing of your talent and had to scour the local dump to furnish your studio?  It is actually a little depressing.
Quote from: El Kragen on January 18, 2012, 08:05:30 AM
George Noory's Coast to Coast AM....where every show is better than the next!

lasertron

Holy balls my college station was nicer than that.

He can't invest in some lighting? Surround himself with a little inspiration? Get a poster? "Hang in there?"

This guy does not give a FUCK about his job!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.669487,-112.217126

Ben Shockley

Do we know for sure if that's the studio, rather than just a production room or general workspace?

Gassy Man

The pose and expression in that photo are great -- it almost looks like George is in someone else's space, got caught, and is being told to get the fuck out. 

Hey, who was the Harvard comparative religion professor on last night?  This guy was the worst public speaker I've heard in a long time . . . every few words were "ums" and he kept licking his lips or something in between his staccato bursts of nasally monotone.

Sardondi

Quote from: Ben Shockley on January 20, 2012, 05:07:37 AMDo we know for sure if that's the studio, rather than just a production room or general workspace?

Good point. FWIW, that's the only picture I found when I Google-Image'd "George Noory" and "studio". I would have thought that somewhere in the tubes of the internets a picture of George in his real studio existed...unless, of course, that pic is his real studio.

Quote from: WOTR on January 20, 2012, 03:31:07 AMIt takes a lot for me to feel sorry for somebody... that picture managed to evoke emotions of sympathy. Can you imagine trying to convince yourself that you are the best radio show host in the known universe while sitting in surroundings that make it very clear your employer thinks nothing of your talent and had to scour the local dump to furnish your studio?  It is actually a little depressing.

It makes me wonder about the ad revenue that C2C generates for Premiere. I had always assumed that a show with an audience the size of C2C would make gazillions in ads, and that George would be not only paid concomitantly (as I'm sure he is), but also given the kind and quality of perks you'd expect a cash cow to get. Maybe George gets those perks. But it doesn't look like a comfortable, inviting studio is one of them. Or maybe George told them he'd broadcast from a cardboard box just so long as they kept the hookers and blow coming.

But I started thinking: how much revenue does C2C generate? The show's sponsors aren't what you'd call "first tier" are they? Or even second tier. They have a kinda down-market feel about them, maybe even fly-by-night (they're certainly advertise-by-night, as I've never heard most of them advertised anywhere else in the world). But is that really indicative of the kind of money they pay for ads?

We need to hear from someone with experience in the radio biz. Who owns the show and sells the ads and receives the revenue? How are advertising rates established for a national-syndicated program? What is George's take from Premiere, plus from his own advertising on the show? And just what does Premiere make from C2C? (Of course we'll never know, but it would be interesting to look at show revenues for the last 10 years, or at least since Art sold C2C to Premiere.)

So, any radio people out there who can give us a ballpark?

Jasmine

Quote from: WOTR on January 20, 2012, 03:31:07 AM
It takes a lot for me to feel sorry for somebody... that picture managed to evoke emotions of sympathy.  Can you imagine trying to convince yourself that you are the best radio show host in the known universe while sitting in surroundings that make it very clear your employer thinks nothing of your talent and had to scour the local dump to furnish your studio?  It is actually a little depressing.

Guys, this can't be the L.A. C2C studio, which I'm sure many of us have seen photos of, and they look nothing like this. Perhaps this is where George does the show from St. Louis?

Wouldn't it be a hoot if the link for this site could somehow be placed on the C2C web page? LOL!

BobGrau

Quote from: Jasmine on January 20, 2012, 12:15:45 PM
Guys, this can't be the L.A. C2C studio, which I'm sure many of us have seen photos of, and they look nothing like this. Perhaps this is where George does the show from St. Louis?

Wouldn't it be a hoot if the link for this site could somehow be placed on the C2C web page? LOL!

It's the work-in-progress Hawaiian (sp?) studio. The walls are blank to reflect Noory's principles.

Jasmine

You know, the other night I was tuned into C2C, listening to Georgie Boy and Linda Moulton Howe speak with various guests such as Gerald Celente, who DOES by the way sound like Edith Bunker with higher than normal testosterone levels. Anyway, I became so brain dead and tired that I found myself doodling on a piece of paper... Mrs. Mish Shedlock. Mrs. Mish Shedlock. Over and over and over I wrote this on the piece of paper.

Then I started to recite the name aloud in my darkened bedroom..."Mishhus Mish Shedlock...Mishhus Mish Shedlock Misshusmishshedlock" This went on for an hour or so, until I mercifully fell into a peaceful slumber. Was I a victim of C2C HAARP? Was there something in the radio frequency which induced this mind-set?

Quote from: Jasmine on January 20, 2012, 12:45:22 PM
You know, the other night I was tuned into C2C, listening to Georgie Boy and Linda Moulton Howe speak with various guests such as Gerald Celente, who DOES by the way sound like Edith Bunker with higher than normal testosterone levels. Anyway, I became so brain dead and tired that I found myself doodling on a piece of paper... Mrs. Mish Shedlock. Mrs. Mish Shedlock. Over and over and over I wrote this on the piece of paper.

Then I started to recite the name aloud in my darkened bedroom..."Mishhus Mish Shedlock...Mishhus Mish Shedlock Misshusmishshedlock" This went on for an hour or so, until I mercifully fell into a peaceful slumber. Was I a victim of C2C HAARP? Was there something in the radio frequency which induced this mind-set?

Yes.
:P

Jasmine

Quote from: BobGrau on January 20, 2012, 12:43:02 PM
It's the work-in-progress Hawaiian (sp?) studio. The walls are blank to reflect Noory's principles.

A Hawaiian studio? What the hell does this show need with a studio there?

BobGrau, me thinks 'Hawaiian' is your brain-fart word? You know, the one you juuuuust can't remember how to spell? Fret not, my brain-fart word is 'Hors d'oeuvre'. I NEVER can write or type that word without Googling it, which drives me batshit insane.

Oh, sweet Buddha, this will be me calling into speak with George on Open Lines when I'm suffering the negative effects of sleep deprivation. Hey, George, it never clued in that you should get this looney off after sixty seconds?

Coast to Coast AM - George Noory has a bizarre call

Signed,
Mishhusmishshedlock

BobGrau

Quote from: Jasmine on January 20, 2012, 01:01:13 PM
A Hawaiian studio? What the hell does this show need with a studio there?

BobGrau, me thinks 'Hawaiian' is your brain-fart word? You know, the one you juuuuust can't remember how to spell? Fret not, my brain-fart word is 'Hors d'oeuvre'. I NEVER can write or type that word without Googling it, which drives me batshit insane.

Oh, sweet Buddha, this will be me calling into speak with George on Open Lines when I'm suffering the negative effects of sleep deprivation. Hey, George, it never clued in that you should get this looney off after sixty seconds?

Coast to Coast AM - George Noory has a bizarre call

Signed,
Mishhusmishshedlock

Hawaii is pretty much the geographical, enviromental and philisophical antithesis of all I know and hold dear, so it's not a word I type much.

George has been lying all last year about having a studio 'built' for him in haw - hiaw - THE WESTERN US ISLANDS all last year, y'know, cos he's so gosh darned important and valued by his employers and everything...

Jasmine

Quote from: Jasmine on January 20, 2012, 01:01:13 PM

AAH! "Calling IN TO speak with George..." There. That's better. See BobGrau? We're both brain farting today!  ;)

fysisist

Quote from: Vatar on January 19, 2012, 02:42:53 PM
Yeah coast to coast is like Heroin too much of it and you'll be throwing up all morning.

Maybe.  But at least there is an upside to heroin, short-lived as it may be.

fysisist

Quote from: Sardondi on January 20, 2012, 12:12:55 AM
Maybe it's a case of the bit dog barks, but I get so irritated at the "healthier than thou" attitude he displays in the tales of his glorious super fitness program. A little bit of "the wonder of me" from George goes a very long way.

Healthier than thou??  He looks like warmed over shit.

fysisist

Quote from: Jasmine on January 20, 2012, 12:45:22 PM

A match made in C2C Heaven.

coaster

I've got "Mishhus Mish Shedlock" stuck in my head now. I keep repeating it out loud, but in Sean Connery's accent.

CoastCanuck

Not sure why Linda Molton Howe had to be co-host on Wednesday night's show.  She consumed too much air time and took the spotlight away from the guests.  I tuned out...

Frys Girl

OH MY GOSH. Last night, I listened to Coast to (Toast) Coast AM for about 3 minutes. I heard some British fartso Cambridge guy talking about what was it..... oh PARApsychology of animals. Basically, he observed dogs and cats getting excited for their families' return home.... wow. just wow. anyway.....

In discussing this, mister British fartso professor fart said that his cat did not display this behavior. Noory actually said "HEY! stop feeding the cat. Then he'll be excited and will greet you." What a sick bastard. What a sick individual George Noory is. I'm a dog girl, but still, that's inappropriate!

I also heard Noory try to interrupt this idiot guest and the guest didn't let Noory do it. It was quite good. The guest hated Noory, but he wanted to get some press. Lame show as usual.Waste of electricity.

El Kragen

I checked the C2C site to see what's on for tonight and saw George will be interviewing Wells. "Get ready for that!"

Fri 01-20

In the first half, George Noory welcomes new Saturday night C2C host John B. Wells (email), followed by Templar Knight and historian Mark Pinkham, who will discuss the significance of the Year of the Dragon and related topics. Open lines to follow.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: El Kragen on January 20, 2012, 09:41:15 PM
I checked the C2C site to see what's on for tonight and saw George will be interviewing Wells. "Get ready for that!"

Fri 01-20

In the first half, George Noory welcomes new Saturday night C2C host John B. Wells (email), followed by Templar Knight and historian Mark Pinkham, who will discuss the significance of the Year of the Dragon and related topics. Open lines to follow.

Proving yet again, that C2C knows no depths in the Noory-age. Interviewing Wells? Where's Hoaxland,Celente,Numbers Lady or Corsi when you need them...

11angeleyes11

Quote from: coaster on January 20, 2012, 02:55:49 PM
I've got "Mishhus Mish Shedlock" stuck in my head now. I keep repeating it out loud, but in Sean Connery's accent.

Rather be called Mishhus Mish Shedlock than George's taste.  You would be Mrs. Twittee Bimbetta Noory. 

11angeleyes11

Quote from: El Kragen on January 20, 2012, 09:41:15 PM

Fri 01-20

This is the heralded DAD to John B. talk that Deacon Punnett foretold about.

I have imaginary scenes of a discussion in the depths of a primitive mideveal (spelling) cave with halls lighted by torches.  As the talk begins, it is interrupted by savage crowds of wild and lawless crowds running through the caverns.  When asked to be indentified, it is learned it is the masses of New Coast Insiders that have been contained in the underground after they are signed up by e-mail.  At two thousand people a month they are taken by night, never more to be seen during the day.  The underground caverns are beginning to fill.  As, exclusive Coast Insider members, they are fed a daily ration of E-Foods direct.  The ruler, DAD wears a cape of black leather and sits for four hours a night on a throne in a dimly section of the caverns.  He paces and throws the black cave relentlessly as he does his four-hour a night propanda speech for the masses.  Sign up and ye shall be a member.  John B. will enter the kingdom of lie tonight  as he has been undergoing the introductory ceremonies the last few week.  It is a ceremony that is secret.  Tonite he will be complete.  He too, shall be given a black cave to adorn himself with, but it will only cover him as a pillowcase would over his shoulders and tied around his neck as Leather Riding Hood.  He is just a beginner.  As he signs up more Insiders, he will get new gifts and treasures. . but back to the conversation tonite. . . some of the inner workings have been revealed.

b_dubb

Some of us have stopped listening to the show. For those of us who haven't ... what keeps you going back?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on January 20, 2012, 11:05:34 PM
Some of us have stopped listening to the show. For those of us who haven't ... what keeps you going back?

That's the million dollar question. I don't get it.