• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Darth Sandra on June 18, 2016, 12:16:31 AM
I had to make fun of you for being a hypocrite and being too stupid to realize it.

What's hypocritical?  Science hasn't proven that they don't exist.   They just don't have the data now to back up claims.  It will happen.  Perhaps you should research the topic more and look at the case histories like the possession of John Doe in Georgetown, MD  in 1949 which was the basis of the novel and film, The Exorcist.

It seems like you are the one that is cherry-picking what science you'll follow.

Here's a book about the case. I suggest you read it.

https://www.amazon.com/Possessed-Thomas-Allen/dp/0595132642

You can get a used copy for 4 bucks.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 18, 2016, 12:22:16 AM
What's hypocritical?  Science hasn't proven that they don't exist.   They just don't have the data now to back up claims.  It will happen.

It seems like you are the one that is cherry-picking what science you'll follow.

That isn't how Science works, rapist.

I'm not an expert on biology but I know chromosomes aren't as cut and dry as your puny brain thinks. Klinefelter syndrome for example. There is far more medical science evidence for transgender being biological than fucking Demons which there is ZERO scientific evidence. But it's not a debate I care about having simply because I don't care. I just found it amusing you are trying to say SCIENCE when you fucking believe in demons.

Quote from: Darth Sandra on June 18, 2016, 12:29:50 AM
That isn't how Science works, rapist.

I'm not an expert on biology but I know chromosomes aren't as cut and dry as your puny brain thinks. Klinefelter syndrome for example. There is far more medical science evidence for transgender being biological than fucking Demons which there is ZERO scientific evidence. But it's not a debate I care about having simply because I don't care. I just found it amusing you are trying to say SCIENCE when you fucking believe in demons.

Do the research.  Or keep your mind closed to the possibilities.  That is up to you. 

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 18, 2016, 12:31:18 AM
Do the research.  Or keep your mind closed to the possibilities.  That is up to you.

Take your own advice instead of making statements like "Science!"

Quote from: Darth Sandra on June 18, 2016, 12:35:04 AM
Take your own advice instead of making statements like "Science!"

I'm not disputing your claims but you are disputing mine.  By the way, my wife has a biology degree so I'll listen to her first before I listen to you.  No disrespect intended.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 18, 2016, 12:37:24 AM
I'm not disputing your claims but you are disputing mine.  By the way, my wife has a biology degree so I'll listen to her first before I listen to you.  No disrespect intended.

Cool have her come on here and talk about how Klinefelter syndrome doesn't exist.

Quote from: Darth Sandra on June 18, 2016, 12:40:06 AM
Cool have her come on here and talk about how Klinefelter syndrome doesn't exist.

We haven't discussed it but I'll get back to you.  I'm open to it though despite your claims otherwise.  You think I fit into a sterotypical box but you don't know the slightest thing about me beyond the things I have talked about on this forum.

norland2424

all the random shit posting Art has to read on his bday  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Ok. I've briefly looked at what Klinefelters is and yes it does exist but it only exists in males and the ratio is 1:500 to 1:1000 births.  That number is significantly lower than that of the LGBT community.  So while it may be apt for some cases, it is a minority of a minority. I'll be sure to make an exception to Klinefelters in future statements.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 18, 2016, 12:42:52 AM
We haven't discussed it but I'll get back to you.  I'm open to it though despite your claims otherwise.  You think I fit into a sterotypical box but you don't know the slightest thing about me.

You make definitive statements, like "science", which promotes ignorance and bigotry and isn't even factually correct. I mean it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Yes I don't like you, and you know why, but you aren't doing yourself any favors to change my opinion of you. Maybe you don't care, whatever it's bellgab and I'm evil, but at least try if you do care.

Quote from: Darth Sandra on June 18, 2016, 12:51:31 AM
You make definitive statements, like "science", which promotes ignorance and bigotry and isn't even factually correct. I mean it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Yes I don't like you, and you know why, but you aren't doing yourself any favors to change my opinion of you. Maybe you don't care, whatever it's bellgab and I'm evil, but at least try if you do care.

For what it is worth, I don't think you are evil though you like to play the part at times.  I learned something about Klinefelters and I have you to thank for it.  No harm done.  I will try.  I may disagree with you from time to time especially about politics but it is a large world and I'd hate it if everyone held the same opinion.  Let the past be the past. Peace.

JesusJuice

it's bellgab and I'm evil.

She admits it finally. We got her.

SciFiAuthor

I agree with you on transgender and gay issues. I'm liberal in that respect and all about the science. But if you approach Century right, he's actually a thoughtful guy capable of free thought. Try a different approach. He'll surprise you.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 18, 2016, 12:49:18 AM
Ok. I've briefly looked at what Klinefelters is and yes it does exist but it only exists in males and the ratio is 1:500 to 1:1000 births.  That number is significantly lower than that of the LGBT community.  So while it may be apt for some cases, it is a minority of a minority. I'll be sure to make an exception to Klinefelters in future statements.

There is also Turner syndrome and others that I don't know. It's not really a subject I care about but it shows a general lack of awareness on your part to make a definitive statement. If you make definitive statements, on something I just proved you wrong on, what else are you making definitive statements that you are wrong about?

The lesson in all of this is don't piss me off and I won't care whatever nonsense you post. :) 

LucaParcelli

Well, I am hoping to be the last BellGab post on Art's birthday in the continental United States. It's always better WEST of the Rockies. Happy Birthday Art, at 11:59 PM.

I've pretty much caught up on the GabCast podcasts that are available on iTunes. They are amazing... Hopefully more to come. Can anyone confirm that MV is in the kitchen brewing up more GabbyGoodness? They are so addicting, even months or years after airing.

Last comment I'll make...

Where is the best place to discuss MITD while it airs? I'd love to have a communal area for dialog.

Praise MV.

Quote from: JesusJuice on June 18, 2016, 12:56:54 AM

She admits it finally. We got her.

I mean why do you think I call myself Darth? :)

JesusJuice

Quote from: LucaParcelli on June 18, 2016, 12:59:02 AM
Well, I am hoping to be the last BellGab post on Art's birthday in the continental United States. It's always better WEST of the Rockies. Happy Birthday Art, at 11:59 PM.

I've pretty much caught up on the GabCast podcasts that are available on iTunes. They are amazing... Hopefully more to come. Can anyone confirm that MV is in the kitchen brewing up more GabbyGoodness? They are so addicting, even months or years after airing.

Last comment I'll make...

Where is the best place to discuss MITD while it airs? I'd love to have a communal area for dialog.

Praise MV.

Good luck

LucaParcelli

Quote from: JesusJuice on June 18, 2016, 12:59:59 AM

Good luck

You posted at 11:59:59

:'(

It seems as though I've failed. I ought to delete my account now...

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 18, 2016, 12:57:05 AM
I agree with you on transgender and gay issues. I'm liberal in that respect and all about the science. But if you approach Century right, he's actually a thoughtful guy capable of free thought. Try a different approach. He'll surprise you.

I'm not anti-gay in the least and I do not believe in the persecution of them but the whole business going down today about restrooms is freaking insane.  Simply make a 3rd restroom that is available to all.  Put 2 or 3 stalls in it and then everyone will be happy.  Most places have family restrooms anyway.    My sister-in-law is gay and my brother liked she-males.  I hardly have a closed mind on the issue.  Whatever makes you happy in life as long as it doesn't interfere with another's happiness.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 18, 2016, 12:57:05 AM

Perhaps you're right, but I am still really pissed at what he did and don't find his apologies to be very sincere. But people can change. I hope he does. :)

I_Speculate

Quote from: LucaParcelli on June 18, 2016, 01:03:00 AM
You posted at 11:59:59

:'(

It seems as though I've failed. I ought to delete my account now...

Time is only relevant once you have given it relevance.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 17, 2016, 03:09:56 PM
mindless Trump supporters
Can you really blame the Americans who have given up on both parties and just want to wipe it all clean with a wrecking ball?  Trump is a big "fuck you" to the two parties that have screwed us over every 4 years by promising shit they never deliver on, then leaving office having raped our treasury, shipped away our jobs, imported cheap foreign labor and built a golden parachute on the way out...

2016 was meant to be a Jeb vs Hillary thing, two totally corrupt establishment-installed robots.  Trump came along and threw a big orange wrench into the works.

Deep down inside you understand the "mindless Trump supporters".

Quote from: Darth Sandra on June 18, 2016, 12:57:08 AM
There is also Turner syndrome and others that I don't know. It's not really a subject I care about but it shows a general lack of awareness on your part to make a definitive statement. If you make definitive statements, on something I just proved you wrong on, what else are you making definitive statements that you are wrong about?

The lesson in all of this is don't piss me off and I won't care whatever nonsense you post. :)

Point taken.  I'll confess biology is not my strong suit.  See, I can eat humble pie with the best of them.

LucaParcelli

Quote from: I_Speculate on June 18, 2016, 01:04:04 AM
Time is only relevant once you have given it relevance.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 18, 2016, 01:03:46 AM
I'm not anti-gay in the least and I do not believe in the persecution of them but the whole business going down today about restrooms is freaking insane.  Simply make a 3rd restroom that is available to all.  Put 2 or 3 stalls in it and then everyone will be happy.  Most places have family restrooms anyway.    My sister-in-law is gay and my brother liked she-males.  I hardly have a closed mind on the issue.  Whatever makes you happy in life as long as it doesn't interfere with another's happiness.

So why shitpost and say "Science"? It just comes off really bad and makes you look ignorant and hateful.

I mean I find the whole bathroom issue absurd because Trans people have used the bathroom for years and no one cared. It isn't until it's being used as a wedge issue, due to an election year, that people care. That annoys me. I mean I don't want a Transman like Buck Angel using the women's room. That is just inappropriate and scary. But some transwoman? As long as she sits to pee and doesn't get pee on the toilet seat she is doing better than a lot of ladies who feel the need to hover and cover the seat in their pee. You have no idea how gross girls can be.

Quote from: Darth Sandra on June 18, 2016, 01:04:03 AM
Perhaps you're right, but I am still really pissed at what he did and don't find his apologies to be very sincere. But people can change. I hope he does. :)

I was sincere.  Why do you think I have tried not to be derogatory to you during this whole row?  I simply want to make peace.  I am not going to kiss your ass but I will try much harder to be kind.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 18, 2016, 01:03:46 AM

I couldn't agree more. I'll be at the urinal in the men's room though lol.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Darth Sandra on June 18, 2016, 01:04:03 AM

He's not that bad, you're not that bad. Let's all be friends.