• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bouts with Insomnia, OCD & Other Afflictions

Started by ksm32, April 25, 2018, 09:53:42 PM

Robert

Quote from: Jackstar on May 12, 2018, 02:14:57 PMYou could spend an hour or two just reading on CBD--it's all the rage in Paris these days
My friend Ralph vapes it routinely.
Quote--but I'll cut you to the chase on the elderberries. I've read that a compound found in the extract coats virus particles, and inhibits their reproduction.
Too late in the course of the disease for that to matter now.

Robert

Fri. I staggered into my PCP's, amazed that my O2 saturation measured there was 98% because I was gasping for breath.  He did what I hoped -- called an ambulance for the ED -- and they did what I hoped -- cardioversion (after bringing down my HR a bit w diltiazem) -- & sent me on my way.

So I was in NSR again, but still vy weak & w much orthopnea.  I'd put on wt., & needed to blow off the water & Na I'd put on from the prednisone & fluticasone.  Been working on that ever since.  I feel a little stronger every time I come out of the bathroom.  Frank Starling's Law in action.  Furosemide helps.

Don't know when I'll recover feeling in the part of my left hand where apparently the zoster reactivated.

In retrospect, the time to switch from respiratory to cardiac care would've been when the rhonchi went away.

Jojo

Quote from: Robert on May 12, 2018, 07:17:31 PM
Different class of drug.No, it does not thicken blood.  It does not change its rheology.  It does incur a stroke risk because of turbulence in the atria leading to clot formation.  That's why I've been on the anticoagulant Eliquis since my 1st episode of A fib in 2015.Just makes me weak & unsteady.
Thanks for the info about that.
Quote from: Robert on May 19, 2018, 09:52:18 PM
Fri. I staggered into my PCP's, amazed that my O2 saturation measured there was 98% because I was gasping for breath.  He did what I hoped -- called an ambulance for the ED -- and they did what I hoped -- cardioversion (after bringing down my HR a bit w diltiazem) -- & sent me on my way.

So I was in NSR again, but still vy weak & w much orthopnea.  I'd put on wt., & needed to blow off the water & Na I'd put on from the prednisone & fluticasone.  Been working on that ever since.  I feel a little stronger every time I come out of the bathroom.  Frank Starling's Law in action.  Furosemide helps.

Don't know when I'll recover feeling in the part of my left hand where apparently the zoster reactivated.

In retrospect, the time to switch from respiratory to cardiac care would've been when the rhonchi went away.
I didnt quite follow the med terms yet.  But sounds like an ordeal.  Im sure you know, if you're in tbe states, that paramedics will be happy to come to you, wherever you are, if gasping is happening.  Glad you got treated, Robert!

Robert

Quote from: monica on May 20, 2018, 12:21:46 AMThanks for the info about that.I didnt quite follow the med terms yet.  But sounds like an ordeal.
It has been.  I'll explain.

The respiratory infection was treated with anti-inflammatory steroid drugs: prednisone & fluticasone.  Such drugs have in various mixure certain undesired effects: glucocorticoid (raising blood sugar) and mineralocorticoid (causing retention of water & sodium).  It was the latter that was my problem.  Even after I finished the course of such drugs, I had an accumulation of fluid that was straining my heart, and my heart was out of rhythm.

The circulatory system can be viewed as partly like a balloon.  It has the capacity to expand.  So it did, and it accommodated the expansion w less & less efficiency.  What happens now is the balloon snaps back to normal size, getting rid of the excess in urine at the rate feasible; my heart's already been shocked back to normal rhythm.  It's going to take a while longer to get rid of all the excess water & sodium, but I've made a good start.  See here for more detail.

It would've saved me about a week of trouble if I'd recognized the point at which antiinflammatory treatment stopped being useful, and where the breathing difficulty was from heart rather than lung trouble.  Actually it'd've saved me more than a week of trouble, because I wouldn't've gotten this sick.

Jojo

Quote from: Robert on May 20, 2018, 11:24:22 AM
It has been.  I'll explain.

The respiratory infection was treated with anti-inflammatory steroid drugs: prednisone & fluticasone.  Such drugs have in various mixure certain undesired effects: glucocorticoid (raising blood sugar) and mineralocorticoid (causing retention of water & sodium).  It was the latter that was my problem.  Even after I finished the course of such drugs, I had an accumulation of fluid that was straining my heart, and my heart was out of rhythm.

The circulatory system can be viewed as partly like a balloon.  It has the capacity to expand.  So it did, and it accommodated the expansion w less & less efficiency.  What happens now is the balloon snaps back to normal size, getting rid of the excess in urine at the rate feasible; my heart's already been shocked back to normal rhythm.  It's going to take a while longer to get rid of all the excess water & sodium, but I've made a good start.  See here for more detail.

It would've saved me about a week of trouble if I'd recognized the point at which antiinflammatory treatment stopped being useful, and where the breathing difficulty was from heart rather than lung trouble.  Actually it'd've saved me more than a week of trouble, because I wouldn't've gotten this sick.
Doctors often forget the heart can be a breathing issue, especially in younger people.  They say go home your lungs are fine.  It's good you figured it out!  I read the link, interesting how heart muscle (and all muscle) works with different fibers.  Glad you are recovering!

Robert

I wound up losing 22 lbs. from Fri. to Fri.!

Jojo

Quote from: Robert on May 25, 2018, 07:22:54 PM
I wound up losing 22 lbs. from Fri. to Fri.!
I sure would be jealous!  That's almost my current goal!

ksm32

Quote from: monica on May 26, 2018, 01:34:26 AM
I sure would be jealous!  That's almost my current goal!

IIIIIII Know!!  I've gained like 220 LBs since birth.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Robert

Quote from: monica on May 26, 2018, 01:34:26 AMI sure would be jealous!  That's almost my current goal!
So just take enough prednisone to put on 22 lbs. of water & strain your heart, then go off it.  Easy.

Actually i don't think I'd hit dry wt. even yesterday, because I see I have less edema in my legs today, so I probably lost a little more poundage.  Feels good.  I started on delayed yard work this AM.

Jojo

Quote from: Robert on May 26, 2018, 03:40:13 PM
So just take enough prednisone to put on 22 lbs. of water & strain your heart, then go off it.  Easy.

Actually i don't think I'd hit dry wt. even yesterday, because I see I have less edema in my legs today, so I probably lost a little more poundage.  Feels good.  I started on delayed yard work this AM.
Before blood pressure pills, I could eat most things within reason, but now if I eat something salty, I get edema too.  I'll talk to my doctor about it.  Maybe it's worth it; maybe not.  I mean, obesity can cause edema too for sure, but that was just once in a while.  This here is exactly whenever I eat high sodium. 

Jackstar

Quote from: monica on June 01, 2018, 03:33:25 AM
This here is exactly whenever I eat high sodium.

AND YOU FIGURED THAT OUT BECAUSE YOU FOLLOWED A STRICT ELIMINATION DIET REGIMEN FOR SIX WEEKS, RIGHT?

ISN'T SCIENCE WONDERFUL?

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 01, 2018, 08:08:52 AM
AND YOU FIGURED THAT OUT BECAUSE YOU FOLLOWED A STRICT ELIMINATION DIET REGIMEN FOR SIX WEEKS, RIGHT?

ISN'T SCIENCE WONDERFUL?

Well, on the days I don't eat high sodium foods, I don't have the swelling, so....  that kind of prove it, right?

Let's all just get along.  I'd almost prefer you smug or smarmy.

My OCD began at 12 looking in my older sister's underwear drawer. I had to make sure I left everything appearing as is. After I washed my hand after making my mess. Sometimes it would take an hour putting the panties back where they were and then still think I left something out of place. But never got caught.

But still gots the OCD all these years later.

Yes, ALL forms of OCD are due to paraphilias. Admitting this is to be cured!!!!

ksm32

Quote from: Garrett Mendelbaum on June 04, 2018, 09:33:30 PM
   My OCD began at 12 looking in my older sister's underwear drawer. I had to make sure I left everything appearing as is. After I washed my hand after making my mess. Sometimes it would take an hour putting the panties back where they were and then still think I left something out of place. But never got caught.

Your SISTERs underwear?? Not judging, but I don't think I ever tried that one.  Are you or her, adopted? That would make it better, I guess.  I think you have to tell her what you did.

Quote from: ksm32 on June 04, 2018, 10:54:01 PM
Your SISTERs underwear?? Not judging, but I don't think I ever tried that one.  Are you or her, adopted? That would make it better, I guess.  I think you have to tell her what you did.

No adoption, but she was 7 years older. I charged my friends 2 bucks each to get to look through her undies drawer. 10 bucks and they could have 10 minutes alone in her room. Nobody ever took up that offer. Prudes.

I mean it was my sister's underwear. Now if it was my brother's underwear. Then I'd be WEIRD.

Jojo

Quote from: ksm32 on June 04, 2018, 10:54:01 PM
Do not tell her.  It doesn't involve her, and never did.  Take it to the grave, Man.  It's your duty.

Jojo

Quote from: Garrett Mendelbaum on June 04, 2018, 09:58:39 PM
        Yes, ALL forms of OCD are due to paraphilias. Admitting this is to be cured!!!!
All forms of OCD are not due to paraphilias, just some of them.  Considering OCD is a form of anxiety, then OCD results from subconscious feelings of lack of control.  For instance, you may have felt a lack of control over whatever it was that made a mess on your hands.  Therefore, without realizing it, you took back a sense of control by spending up to an hour arranging objects to a strict standard.

Quote from: monica on June 06, 2018, 02:40:33 AM
Do not tell her.  It doesn't involve her, and never did.  Take it to the grave, Man.  It's your duty.

Exactly. She's actually the type of person who would find it hilarious.

ksm32

Quote from: Garrett Mendelbaum on June 06, 2018, 05:07:13 AM
   Exactly. She's actually the type of person who would find it hilarious.
She might feel a tad insulted that nobody took you up on the $10. deal.

Quote from: ksm32 on June 06, 2018, 04:51:46 PM
She might feel a tad insulted that nobody took you up on the $10. deal.

She'd accuse me of having fag friends as a kid if she knew.

ksm32

Quote from: Garrett Mendelbaum on June 06, 2018, 06:57:35 PM
  She'd accuse me of having fag friends as a kid if she knew.

Hehehe ;D

Honestly, back in those days I would have had more interest in the panties in the laundry hamper (you know, the ones already worn :P). If we're going to sniff panties let's get serious, dammit ;D

Quote from: ksm32 on June 06, 2018, 08:54:15 PM
Hehehe ;D

Honestly, back in those days I would have had more interest in the panties in the laundry hamper (you know, the ones already worn :P). If we're going to sniff panties let's get serious, dammit ;D

You should have seen me and my deprivations at my friends homes. Almost all of them had older sisters as well. And some kids had young mothers. I was banned from more than one.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 01, 2018, 08:08:52 AM

ISN'T SCIENCE WONDERFUL?

What do you suggest eliminating?  I generally eat from scratch and I avoid three top food allergens.  Allergens are not causing this new type of edema - the new pills say they cause it due to altering electrolytes. 

Hog

Quote from: Robert on May 12, 2018, 07:17:31 PM
Different class of drug.No, it does not thicken blood.  It does not change its rheology.  It does incur a stroke risk because of turbulence in the atria leading to clot formation.  That's why I've been on the anticoagulant Eliquis since my 1st episode of A fib in 2015.Just makes me weak & unsteady.
Correct Sir, AFib does not increase Hematocrit or other blood values alone.

I'm on its cousin, Rivaroxaban (Xarelto) to help ameliorate the risk of stroke due to Atrial pooling. I also use 50mg PO BID of Metroprolol just to help keep my rate down.

In 2003 I developed PSVT, many mornings I would awaken with tachycardia and dyspnea(SOB-unrelated to posture-whereas Orthopnea-mentioned above is SOB while lying down).  I'd get up and walk across the street to Mount Sinai Hospital to the ED.  Literally 150feet away from my dorm.  At triage they'ed place the pulse-oximeter on my digit and rates from 200-230 were displayed, I wouldnt get back to the waiting room before they'ed call me back to the trauma room. which was chemically cardioverted using Adenosine, 12mg IV bolus fast flush. And finally cured with a 2nd Radiofrequency Ablation immediately following an Electrophysiology Study in the Cath lab.  The 1st procedure had me in a downtown Toronto hospital during the SARS outbreak, the 2nd procedure had me in a beautiful single room facing Queens Park in Toronto the same night that the Molson Rocks SARSFest(SARSStock) concert was held.  For my 1st procedure my Mom got a nice room at the Delta Chelsea for $80 as the place was a Ghost-town.

Then 10 years later out of nowhere I developed AFib/Atrial Flutter which developed into straight Atrial Fib..  I'm pretty asymptomatic, so we felt that the 4% risk of death, stroke, MI, paralysis etc etc at that time wasn't worth it.  So I live with it for the time being.

Was RF or Cryo Ablation ever discussed in your case Robert?

peace
Hog

Jackstar

Quote from: monica on June 08, 2018, 02:20:00 AM
What do you suggest eliminating?

There's a protocol. Millions of people have successfully and safely followed similar regimens--which is why I can legitimately blow all this knowledge out my ass on the Internet to some virtual stranger I've never met, even without a shred of medical credibility--so you can too, or... you can at least read about it. Which you have patently failed to do. Elsewise, you would know that it is the gold standard for determining food sensitivities, barring the hidden Star Trek-level tech that the Illuminati and The Lizard People are obscuring from the surface population.

I linked you to this months ago and you ignored me. So which is it? Batshit crazy, or deep state shill? You know me, I don't judge--but confession is good for your soul.

Quote from: Hog on June 08, 2018, 10:17:01 AM
Correct Sir, AFib does not increase Hematocrit or other blood values alone.

Hey, look--we got a scientist up in here. Ask her about a food elimination regimen, as, in Canlandia, they've already eliminated flavour.

Jackstar

Quote from: monica on June 08, 2018, 02:20:00 AM
I avoid three top food allergens

What if you're only sensitive to one of them? What if you're only sensitive to all of them if they're consumed within 36 hours of each other? What if two of them actually cause catastrophic gastronomic cascade failures, that are completely symptomless until the third is added? Wouldn't knowing such a thing, change how you approach your nourishment? How could you rule any of that out thus far?

I submit to you, that you cannot because you haven't yet done basic research and due diligence--or, are frontin' that you haven't. Also, you've turned me into Q, are you aware of that?