George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 16, 2018, 07:00:33 PM
That George, what a scamp.  The life of every party

Jorch, Latka's "wild and crazy" brother.

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on March 16, 2018, 05:57:36 PM
Last nite, Noory came up with another excuse to split early - for the last segment of the show he played an old rendition of Danny Boy...
I wonder if Jorch had a green turkey sandwich. 

Dateline

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 16, 2018, 07:00:33 PM
That George, what a scamp.  The life of every party

Yes, he is quite the livewire on the Pampered Chef Circuit, especially when he brings his sidekick.

Tonight we get to study bible scripture. Radio has become an acid bath.

Quote from: Ted Baxter on March 16, 2018, 07:06:41 PM
never notice the Quality of callers on Art Bells program compared to George Noorys program Noory is a halfwit along with this callers

While listening to Somewhere in Time I'm always blown away by the quality of Art Bell's callers. During the '90s we didn't realize how smart his callers were. Now of course with an idiot at the helm the caller quality would have to reach up to touch bottom.

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 16, 2018, 06:59:02 PM
5 or 6 years ago maybe.  He had her on and said it was her last appearance - after she teared up and sniffled a little, he delivered the punch line:  ''April Fool's!, ha ha ha''.  She was clearly angry, I think she's still upset about it.
The guy is a sadist, a psychopath. He is clearly threatened by her success.  He chewed her out once over a trifle, a trifle he caused by intimidating her.  I wonder if there is some lost love there; maybe she didn't respond to flirting or something in the past.

She needs a male protege to accompany her, time for one anyway - I would not put up with George's abuse.  It's a crying shame that in this modern day a woman still needs a man to protect her from other men being donkeys toward her, but better to employ gallantry than to continue to take abuse.

Linda is a wonderful woman.  She has given so much to the world.  Coast is a great venue to get her word out.  She takes the high road, never bites back.  Guess he knows how to pick a target.  Why doesn't he pick on someone his own size.

Jojo

Around 11PM 03/16/2018 GEORGE "ADORES ROSEMARY!"
I'm sure her new husband does too!

pate

Quote from: Jojo on March 16, 2018, 05:03:53 PM
Seems like their conversation about emotion got derailed.  After that, something else poignant came up, but also got derailed by George asking superficial questions.

Totino's GLUTEN-Frei Turkee ROFLs>?

What happened to the poster 'Here We Go Again' who was obsessed with getting Jorch thrown in jail for his shady partnership with Critical Health News? The guy had a point, the Doc Wallach shows are non-disclosed advertisements for snake oil and run afoul of the FDA, the FTC and FCC regulations.

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on March 16, 2018, 11:53:00 PM
What happened to the poster 'Here We Go Again' who was obsessed with getting Jorch thrown in jail for his shady partnership with Critical Health News? The guy had a point, the Doc Wallach shows are non-disclosed advertisements for snake oil and run afoul of the FDA, the FTC and FCC regulations.
He's been in the Falkie thread doing his stuff.

Jojo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 15, 2018, 12:58:18 AM
Toys 'r Us bankruptcy was inevitable.  It has everything to do with the internet and little to do with government policy.
Four months ago, they gave $14 million to their top 17 executives.
A judge said they could.  After claiming bankruptcy.  Gee whiz. What a screwed up justice system.
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/12/07/569088557/struggling-toys-r-us-plans-to-pay-executives-millions-in-bonuses

I have been fighting the urge to check out Jorch's new advertiser 'Freedom Checks' because I know it will just make me angry. Yeah, scam, not as bad as I thought though.

Kars 4 Kids level scammage - not outright thievery but exploitative and deceptive.

Jojo

Quote from: Jojo on March 17, 2018, 02:06:04 AM
A judge said they could.  After claiming bankruptcy.  Gee whiz. What a screwed up justice system.
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/12/07/569088557/struggling-toys-r-us-plans-to-pay-executives-millions-in-bonuses
That's like 7 years' worth of entire family severance pay.  People I know could and do live 35-50 years on the amount just one exec got in bonus.

ItsOver

Quote from: Jojo on March 17, 2018, 12:15:18 AM
He's been in the Falkie thread doing his stuff.
Sucked into the dark abyss that is the Man in Martinez thread.

Trying my hand at a non-cruel post. George doesn't sound well and it seems to be ongoing. He's more confused, less articulate - I think the end is nigh. I'll try to lay off the man and hope he goes out gracefully. We all grow older and if we live long enough there comes a time to retire. There's no shame in that.

Quote from: Jojo on March 17, 2018, 02:06:04 AM

Maybe.  There is no doubt Toy R Us has been mismanaged.  They were unlikely to survive in any event as retail in general has been decimated by internet shopping, and toys are easily bought online.

This is an old article, from before the Christmas toy shopping season.  $14 million seems like a lot, but it's really a drop in the bucket for a company with hundreds of millions, if not more than a billion per year, in sales.   

There are different types of bankruptcy.  At the time Toys wasn't going out of business, they were fighting to stay alive.  Chapter 11 gives a company a chance to reorganize, while giving a bankruptcy court oversight in it's operations and creating an orderly process for vendors and other creditors to be paid.  A key sentence in the article was regarding the bonuses ''no creditors or lenders objected to the plan''.  Meaning the people that were owed money thought paying these folks to basically stay on for Christmas season gave them the best chance to be repaid. 

The bankruptcy judge approved it, as to not pay the usual bonuses to executives just before the Christmas toy shopping rush would have been demoralizing and almost certainly doomed the company as it was struggling to survive.  That it paid bonuses and didn't survive anyway is hindsight.

Quote from: Jojo on March 17, 2018, 07:17:53 AM
That's like 7 years' worth of entire family severance pay.  People I know could and do live 35-50 years on the amount just one exec got in bonus.

Maybe they could have done what was necessary to be more employable, and gotten higher paying jobs.

ItsOver

Quote from: Jojo on March 17, 2018, 07:17:53 AM
That's nice.  Toys R Us is a private entity.  Within the laws, it can do what it likes, including failing, declaring bankruptcy, paying execs what it wants, etc.  Of course, if it was a government entity, it would have been rewarded for failure and allowed to exist forever, to help do it's part to add to the government debt.

Why are Ad Council ads so stupid? Since it's government are they not allowed to hire a writer with talent? You do realize "more ice cream trucks" is the punch line of that entire exchange? And what about the drug addict girl who suddenly realizes stuff while bad music is playing?
Wtf man?

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 16, 2018, 06:59:02 PM
5 or 6 years ago maybe.  He had her on and said it was her last appearance - after she teared up and sniffled a little, he delivered the punch line:  ''April Fool's!, ha ha ha''.  She was clearly angry, I think she's still upset about it.

You're not serious. Omg the man is an ass. She's only the classiest and most intelligent regular guest he has, smooth move Snorch.

George should replay that ''Coast Classic'' next time he wants to head out early on a Friday night

NoMoreNoory

Can someone explain the mystery of The Salt Lake City Videos? You will recall that when Sherlock Holmes raised the curious incident of the dog barking in the night, Scotland Yard's Detective Gregory pointed out that no-one had reported hearing the dog bark. 'That' Holmes replied, 'was the curious incident.'
So how does Joorch pull off his Invasion Of Salt Lake Live Stage Show Thudder Event and apparently no-one takes so much as a photo or a surreptitious video? Or not that I've been able to find, at least. He played Sinatra's Time After Time on Friday (yet again) and informed us that he sang it at the show. Can you imagine? Where are the videos? There have to videos!!

albrecht

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on March 17, 2018, 11:06:31 PM
Can someone explain the mystery of The Salt Lake City Videos? You will recall that when Sherlock Holmes raised the curious incident of the dog barking in the night, Scotland Yard's Detective Gregory pointed out that no-one had reported hearing the dog bark. 'That' Holmes replied, 'was the curious incident.'
So how does Joorch pull off his Invasion Of Salt Lake Live Stage Show Thudder Event and apparently no-one takes so much as a photo or a surreptitious video? Or not that I've been able to find, at least. He played Sinatra's Time After Time on Friday (yet again) and informed us that he sang it at the show. Can you imagine? Where are the videos? There have to videos!!
A part of a good invasion is confiscating phones, denying media access, removing babies, insuring people involved are supportive of the invasion,blocking internet and comms, etc? Maybe Norry's "invasions" involved use of limited EMPs and a compromised/hacked grid?  ;)

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on March 17, 2018, 10:32:17 AM
That's nice.  Toys R Us is a private entity.  Within the laws, it can do what it likes, including failing, declaring bankruptcy, paying execs what it wants, etc.  Of course, if it was a government entity, it would have been rewarded for failure and allowed to exist forever, to help do it's part to add to the government debt.
Government, lol.  But, how can they even think they are bankrupt at the same time as they give $21,000,000 in bonuses to employees. Employees who ran the company into bankruptcy. http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/06/news/companies/toys-r-us-executive-bonuses/index.html
If they have that much cash on hand, they should use it for severance pay for all the regular workers who will lose their jobs!  Not give each exec enough not to really care about the company's business!  Giving them that much money is like telling them that they will be all set so don't worry about the bankruptcy or business.

Quote from: Jojo on March 17, 2018, 11:29:23 PM
Government, lol.  But, how can they even think they are bankrupt at the same time as they give $21,000,000 in bonuses to employees. Employees who ran the company into bankruptcy. http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/06/news/companies/toys-r-us-executive-bonuses/index.html
If they have that much cash on hand, they should use it for severance pay for all the regular workers who will lose their jobs!  Not give each exec enough not to really care about the company's business!  Giving them that much money is like telling them that they will be all set so don't worry about the bankruptcy or business.

All was answered above.

This is the sort of thinking that led to eight years of stagnation under Obama.  ''We'' should have redistributed that money.  ''We'' know best.  That these people couldn't run a hot dog stand apparently makes no difference.

For what purpose is there a guest on Coast boring the audience with more information than anybody would want about Khazahkstan? I can go to Wikipedia for this. There hasn't been a thing 'paranormal' or conspiratorial  - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat booking Syrett. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Jojo on March 17, 2018, 11:29:23 PM
Please, just stick to cats.

Dateline

It's here!  It's that time of year, and the sales figures for "Grampers Pampers" are out.  You must know that "Grampers Pampers" is a personally held family company, and not traded on any stock exchange.  No bankruptcy here!

And, in honor on Norry, our model Gramper, and it being award season, "Grampers Pampers" has decided to create a new award.  The ceremonies are still in the planning stages, but you must know what the award will be.

It will be the "Golden Gramper", and it will be handed to the recipient wrapped in swaddling clothes, a "Gramper's Pamper."  The "Golden Gramper" will be in the shape of a turd.  It will be a turd worth its weight in gold.  Priceless!

Stay tuned for more updates and info about the "Golden Gramper"  Award Ceremonies.

Robert

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on March 17, 2018, 08:28:15 AMTrying my hand at a non-cruel post. George doesn't sound well and it seems to be ongoing. He's more confused, less articulate - I think the end is nigh. I'll try to lay off the man and hope he goes out gracefully. We all grow older and if we live long enough there comes a time to retire. There's no shame in that.
Could be a while.  McCain's still a US senator.