• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Mr. Fidget

Started by KnyeGuy, July 24, 2009, 11:15:49 AM

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on April 29, 2018, 11:31:07 PM
This thread is not getting the resurrection it craves.
Not ONE tribute show to Art mentioned Mr.Fidget. Much to my dismay. The one confirmed real caller turned guest, sorta, and a part of some of what made the old show, and Art, so great. I hope Mr.Fidget is doing well and future Art Tributes mention him. Amd if you are reading Mr.Fidget: keep on fidgeting.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on May 02, 2018, 10:04:18 PM
Not ONE tribute show to Art mentioned Mr.Fidget. Much to my dismay. The one confirmed real caller turned guest, sorta, and a part of some of what made the old show, and Art, so great. I hope Mr.Fidget is doing well and future Art Tributes mention him. Amd if you are reading Mr.Fidget: keep on fidgeting.

When I saw this thread in new posts I was like, Oh, wow! A new fidget post. The last thing I remember him posting here was that he was selling some of his art (which looked really cool). It would be nice to hear from him and about him again.

Jackstar

I hope Mr.Fidget is doing well

Staying the fuck off Bellgab is actually a remarkably positive indicator.

chefist

Quote from: Jackstar on May 08, 2018, 02:34:20 PM

Winner of chatroom shout outs last month...Fister Midget...

whoozit

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 03, 2018, 05:38:37 PM
When I saw this thread in new posts I was like, Oh, wow! A new fidget post. The last thing I remember him posting here was that he was selling some of his art (which looked really cool). It would be nice to hear from him and about him again.
I bought some fidgets off him about a year and a half ago.  I hope he is doing well.

Dr. MD MD

You can never argue with Jack's logic.  :)

Mr. Fidget

Tough to navigate the whole post Art era around here.

Art, George, Heather, Dave... as I see it none of them ever came through for me... or the listeners.

I'm going to have to go with Bart Ell for the win.

"He gets it."

GravitySucks

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on June 25, 2018, 05:30:17 PM

Art, George, Heather, Dave... as I see it none of them ever came through for me... or the listeners.

"He gets it."

His store is always out of stock so it must be a popular estore.

Bart Ell

"He gets it."

#LEGACY Mr, Fidget.
I will add your audio to the station.
Feel free to self promote and future ones.
I share the wealth that is my popularity with millions of listeners in 850 countries

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 25, 2018, 05:41:40 PM
His store is always out of stock so it must be a popular estore.
He was going to hand select me to oversee fulfillment,
but his people's people got in a beef with my people's people over the exuberant bonus structure, and they still haven't told either of us. Nobody can argue with a complete lack of communication's clause.

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 25, 2018, 05:52:44 PM
#LEGACY Mr, Fidget.
I share the wealth that is my popularity with millions of listeners in 850 countries
Thanks, I trimmed it up a bit as an edit, re-uploaded & replaced the draft I first posted.

I think I can not ship out, anything you don't want to not ship out yourself. I have a lot of experience not shipping, but lately I started shipping again for real, so... I might have to practice a bit.

albrecht

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on June 25, 2018, 06:07:28 PM
He was going to hand select me to oversee fulfillment,
but his people's people got in a beef with my people's people over the exuberant bonus structure, and they still haven't told either of us. Nobody can argue with a complete lack of communication's clause.
Thanks, I trimmed it up a bit as an edit, re-uploaded & replaced the draft I first posted.

I think I can not ship out, anything you don't want to not ship out yourself. I have a lot of experience not shipping, but lately I started shipping again for real, so... I might have to practice a bit.
;D ;D ;D
Hope you are doing well Mr.Fidget.  I still shake my head and mutter under my breath when I see these fake fidgets being sold in convenience stores or given away as a marketing gimmick for some company.
ps: Keep on Fidgeting!

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: albrecht on June 25, 2018, 06:13:17 PM
;D ;D ;D
Hope you are doing well Mr.Fidget.  I still shake my head and mutter under my breath when I see these fake fidgets being sold in convenience stores or given away as a marketing gimmick for some company.
ps: Keep on Fidgeting!

Thanks albrecht, I've really liked making fidgets, and I still do. Right now I'm focused on mat board art, but when I do that enough I'll eventually get my fidget Etsy shop going. There could be some legal recourse available for my most recent blatant copycat... Fidgetland, going on SharkTank with a design nearly identical to one I'd sent to Art 20 years ago, calling himself "Fidgetman" claiming the inventon of my double ring rotator fidget... gaul that has paid off for him by getting a deal from Barbara Corcoran... she got played.

The top beach scene I cut this morning, I'm not really missing breaking bicycle chain apart today, but it'll happen. The QR code is part of a three piece series of the quote from Gordon Moore that lead to Moore's Law.

I do keep on fidgeting, but mat board art is my main thing now.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on June 25, 2018, 06:40:14 PM
Thanks albrecht, I've really liked making fidgets, and I still do. Right now I'm focused on mat board art, but when I do that enough I'll eventually get my fidget Etsy shop going. There could be some legal recourse available for my most recent blatant copycat... Fidgetland, going on SharkTank with a design nearly identical to one I'd sent to Art 20 years ago, calling himself "Fidgetman" claiming the inventon of my double ring rotator fidget... gaul that has paid off for him by getting a deal from Barbara Corcoran... she got played.

The top beach scene I cut this morning, I'm not really missing breaking bicycle chain apart today, but it'll happen. The QR code is part of a three piece series of the quote from Gordon Moore that lead to Moore's Law.

Cool stuff, Mr. Fidget! I dig your style. 8)

Sean92008

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 25, 2018, 05:52:44 PM
#LEGACY Mr, Fidget.
I share the wealth that is my popularity with millions of listeners in 850 countries and 42 time zones
Amended that for you.

Sean92008

I believe you can directly complain to Amazon and start asserting your rights. If you don't, they'll walk all over you.

Mr. Fidget

"He gets it."

I have to amend this, Dave has had no part in failing me or the listeners... that I am aware of. I think I included him simply because it's still a Keith thing, and I do believe Keith was involved very sporadically by my emailing him to no avail... just like all the other contact avenues I've explored just trying to tell the whole story, and show my documentation.

I've no beef with Dave, he's on the payroll of the team I had a beef with, I suppose.

Where is the beef?

There is no beef.

KOG.
(Keep on' gabbing)
:)

albrecht

Cool stuff. I think they are intended as art for themselves but with the texture I think one could also make prints from those carved mat boards? I haven't checked (old phone) but does the QR code cut map "work" as such and what does it say or direct one's website to? Able to get any of your map work or Fidgets into any galleries  or museums yet? They deserve it, considering crap I've seen in some.

ps: keep on Fidgeting!

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: albrecht on June 25, 2018, 08:33:56 PM
Cool stuff. I think they are intended as art for themselves but with the texture I think one could also make prints from those carved mat boards? I haven't checked (old phone) but does the QR code cut map "work" as such and what does it say or direct one's website to? Able to get any of your map work or Fidgets into any galleries  or museums yet? They deserve it, considering crap I've seen in some.

ps: keep on Fidgeting!

The QR code does scan, it reads as plain text:

"The complexity for minimum component costs has increased at a rate of roughly a factor of two per year. Certainly over the short term this rate can be expected to continue, if not to increase. Over the longer term, the rate of increase is a bit more uncertain, although there is no reason to believe it will not remain nearly constant for at least 10 years." ~Gordon Moore

It is the third in a series that diminishes in size and increases in complexity...  it actually physically illustrates the often misunderstood "Moore's Law" in a way I hoped people could better understand. I got permission of the Moore Foundation to cut it, and if I ever do get a piece (or series) into a museum... I'd hope this would be the one.

I took a year off bellgab, it was nice, I cut this train from a stock vector I found online... it's representative of my continued perseverance.

I can't make bellgab a daily thing again...

(hold your applause)

but I'll be around from time to time.  :)

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 25, 2018, 07:21:05 PM
I believe you can directly complain to Amazon and start asserting your rights. If you don't, they'll walk all over you.

It's complicated, and because I could have legal recourse doesn't mean I'll seek it. I truly want fidgets to be available to people who either want or need them, whatever the source.

It's more of a Title 42 Lanham Act thing, the likelyhood of confusion of him calling himself the "Fidgetman", when that's what Art and so many others called me. I could also persue art sculpture copyright if I chose, but really he's just one of many imitations. I'm lucky I was able (and still am able) to make stuff neat enough other people would even bother. I'm still sailing forward, he's just riding my wake.

I respect the people copying me who don't lie about "their inventon". I posted the screenshot of his original site here before, it is attached again. On the old site fidgetman(dot)com he had admitted in his about page that he bought my simple work, and it was his "favorite new toy". Then he went about copying one of my more complex double ring rotator fidgets he had seen when he got the simple one. I found him selling fidgets and met with him, told him my story, and that his name was a confusion... then he switched to "fidgetland". Going on abc's SharkBowl as "Fidgetman" was/is actionable.

I've got a while till the statue of limitations, or so I'm told by the team... ::)

paladin1991

"He gets it."
https://youtu.be/IbOUavJ-fU8

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on May 06, 2017, 07:48:40 AM
Fidgets are now "wildly popular?"
Did Mr. Fidget rip this woman off or vice-versa?
http://time.com/money/4762207/fidget-spinner-inventor-catherine-hettinger/

I was making and selling a keyring ring with chain rollers on it wrapped around a skate bearing to spin in the hand (verifyable by collectors who have them) since the late 90's. I've never talked to that lady that I know of, and I most definitely did not copy her.
   What actually happened was people liked and bought fidgets, but they last for decades... so I had to branch out into different models and people who liked them could get another one, thus I make enough to get by. I basically played with chain like Legos, and discovered some basic "circle recipes" that people liked.
   Who invented the first handheld conservation of momentum apparatus within a circular orbit... I'm not sure.

I'd guess it was neither her, or I.

Quote from: Liberace on May 04, 2017, 05:39:28 AM
He sent me my six fidgets.

Thanks, Mr. Fidget!

Glad to oblige, I hope they've served you well.

Quote from: chefist on May 16, 2017, 09:53:53 PM
Mr Fidget Being Sued???

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas/2017/05/16/daughters-surgery-texas-woman-says-popular-toy-poses-risks

Yeah, that's a whole different kind of thing than what I make...  my fidgets are not for internal use.

Quote from: Jackstar on April 29, 2018, 11:31:07 PM
This thread is not getting the resurrection it craves.

Heh, dredge me up out of the swamp have you?

Of course, they all ignored me the whole time while he was alive, why would they want to quit ignoring me now?

They think it's working

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 03, 2018, 05:38:37 PM

I'll try not to provide too much of a good thing.

All good things...

Quote from: chefist on May 08, 2018, 02:37:23 PM
Winner of chatroom shout outs last month...Fister Midget...

I missed out on the win? Can I still donate my Bart Bucks to charity?

Quote from: Dr. MD MD
link=topic=1643.msg1206880#msg1206880 date=1525821975

You can never argue with Jack's logic.  :)

Yes, but can you add to it?
Beyond the petty who is a great big why.

Quote from: whoozit on May 08, 2018, 04:38:02 PM
I bought some fidgets off him about a year and a half ago.  I hope he is doing well.

I hope your gifts were well received, and I apologize for the slight variance amongst your fidgets... I scrounged the parts from my bottom of the barrel chain scraps.

Thanks again, your order was a huge help at the time.

Some of you gabbers are ok in my book. ;)

Mr. Fidget

I'm still not sure if I'll be able to handle Bart Ell's rigorous world tour schedule, but nobody argues with a guy who shows up in a brinks truck to drop off "the satchel".

Those checkbook bidders just turn tail, and bail.

When faced with a map of every remaining payphone near a grocery store, and 23 tons of quarters to cover expenses... even the most dedicated advocate of "on the scene overnight reporting from payphones in grocery store parking lots" could be intimidated.

Yup.

Mr. Fidget

A couple pics... a recent mat cut, and healthy crop o' fidgets.

Sean92008

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on June 26, 2018, 11:37:42 AM
A couple pics... a recent mat cut, and healthy crop o' fidgets.
Sent a DM!

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 26, 2018, 03:49:10 PM
Sent a DM!

This is the four piece set I can provide for $25, including domestic shipping. Just have about a dozen until I get more chain.

Sean92008

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on June 27, 2018, 01:41:22 AM
This is the four piece set I can provide for $25, including domestic shipping. Just have about a dozen until I get more chain.
Forwarded to the blood relative of the intended recipients...  Thanks!