• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
i suppose it was about time for me to guest host again. see you tonight, brig.

ItsOver

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 19, 2019, 05:09:21 PM
Do good, eh?  :D

Lilith

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 19, 2019, 05:09:21 PM

;D :-*

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on May 19, 2019, 05:36:21 PM
Do good, eh?  :D

Syrett actually will take callers and allow discussion of 'controversial' topics- which is weird since Canada has no free speech. But he also has the endearing Great White North sensibility of politeness and calm and so shocked when some crazy American ranting callers get through with their rants/theories/political-positions and says stuff like "Good Lord," "oh goodness," "oh my" and such things when confronted by the shocking and violent stories and theories of US citizens. 

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on May 19, 2019, 04:05:59 PM
Ha, Yeah. One apparently writes SCI-FI books the other is smoking up and Big Footin' around the country. And hosts C2C sometimes.  But the former even has more mystery about here on that page.

Quote from: ItsOver on May 19, 2019, 04:03:28 PM
Your Wiki site shows this.

Either the C2C Willis has extensive photoshopping or that's some other Connie Willis. ;)

Jojo

Quote from: Uncle Duke on May 18, 2019, 02:57:53 PM
He's told this story many times on C2C.
I must have been set to sleep by the time that one came up, I guess. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on May 19, 2019, 06:54:08 PM
I must have been set to sleep by the time that one came up, I guess.

Yeah, that must be it. ::)

Dateline

It makes me happy to here Richard Syrett's voice because I know it will be a good show.  He filled in for George Knapp last night and my entertainment was not diminished. 

Jojo

George, using bumper music for its production value for his events.  "Dancing in the Moonlight", SOLD.

'We're talking about what's going on in Southern Africa'

South Africa you fool.

What I'd give for Sacha Baron Cohen to do one of his documentaries about that Contact in the Desert event, Burning Man for the old and gullible.

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on May 20, 2019, 11:52:13 PM

'We're talking about what's going on in Southern Africa'

South Africa you fool.

What I'd give for Sacha Baron Cohen to do one of his documentaries about that Contact in the Desert event, Burning Man for the old and gullible.
Yeah!  Don't be a fool, George!

Tonight's guest is quite the Renaissance man/crackpot. As well as his groundbreaking research work in ancient alien history and archaeology he was a singer/songwriter with hit records in his native 'Southern Africa', an anti-apartheid activist, a Bachelors degree in pharmaceutics whatever that is, he founded a political party that received  0.01% of the vote in the 2014 and 2016 South African elections, the party's lead candidate was a Holocaust denier.

They need to give guests polygraph tests. Then run a disclaimer right before Jorch puts them on the air. 'We must inform you that tonight's guest doesn't actually believe what h/she's saying.' or 'Tonight's guest actually believes every crazy idea that you will here during this interview.'

Lilith

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on May 21, 2019, 02:05:32 AM
They need to give guests polygraph tests. Then run a disclaimer right before Jorch puts them on the air. 'We must inform you that tonight's guest doesn't actually believe what h/she's saying.' or 'Tonight's guest actually believes every crazy idea that you will here during this interview.'

It would be better than making these poor hosts have to pretend they take all this stuff seriously.

Lilith

It there's footage on a TV show, it must be true.

ItsOver

I caught the tail end of the show.  I'm stunned.  Jorch actually pronounced Elgin, the Texas town, correctly.  Albrecht, did you provide Jorch a crib note?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ItsOver on May 21, 2019, 03:22:11 AM
I caught the tail end of the show.  I'm stunned.  Jorch actually pronounced Elgin, the Texas town, correctly.  Albrecht, did you provide Jorch a crib note?

Does that mean Charles is back?  I haven't heard him on with George in some months.  I won't get to listen to this show until later in the week, but if Charles back, I'll look forward to it. 

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on May 21, 2019, 02:05:32 AM

The guest was 'batshit crazy' . . . .
Only worth listening to for the amusement factor.
George was probably smiling too . . . .

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on May 21, 2019, 03:22:11 AM
Ha. No I didn't and due to rains will likely listen to this show later since no availability to start up the mower or chainsaw.  In a mild defense of Norry, we have weird pronunciations of certain roads, towns, lakes, and rivers- often that don't match other areas of the country or world.  Pointy-headed people in academia call them shibboleths.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on May 21, 2019, 09:31:48 AM
Ha. No I didn't and due to rains will likely listen to this show later since no availability to start up the mower or chainsaw.  In a mild defense of Norry, we have weird pronunciations of certain roads, towns, lakes, and rivers- often that don't match other areas of the country or world.  Pointy-headed people in academia call them shibboleths.

Hey!

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on May 21, 2019, 09:31:48 AM
Heh, heh.  It was a caller from Eglin, towards the end of the show.  Tommee, no doubt, passed on to Jorch the name of the town.  I'm still surprised Jorch didn't manage to screw it up with something like "Eggland, Texas." Tommee should point to a map of Texas and ask Jorch to pronounce "Gruene," with no cheating. ; )

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 21, 2019, 09:45:59 AM
Hey!
Sorry to cast aspersions. Listened to the show. Vintage C2C with both Tellinger AND Salas!  These guys are great with their wild theories, views, and accents. 

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on May 21, 2019, 09:53:21 AM
Heh, heh.  It was a caller from Eglin, towards the end of the show.  Tommee, no doubt, passed on to Jorch the name of the town.  I'm still surprised Jorch didn't manage to screw it up with something like "Eggland, Texas." Tommee should point to a map of Texas and ask Jorch to pronounce "Gruene," with no cheating. ; )
Norry would ask if Doc Wallet has ever visited "Eggland, Texas?" 

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on May 21, 2019, 04:54:48 PM
Norry would ask if Doc Wallet has ever visited "Eggland, Texas?"

"That's true, y'all!"

Dateline

It's vacation time and the money is to be made.   Norry is there to cash in.  He has created a new amusement park.  Have you heard of
Dollywood?  Six Flags?  Disneyworld?  His park will be known as Lapland.  It will feature horseback riding, musical entertainment, ufo flights and concessions, lots and lots of concessions.  More info to follow. 

Sleazy Jorch is already running his own amusement park, free mustache rides for ladies under 50, half price for those under 75.