Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

serenity

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 08, 2015, 05:14:17 PM
oh okay....deal.

*cue music: Sisters, from White Christmas*

Oh yeah Vera Ellen................

WhiteCrow

Quote from: laserjock on June 08, 2015, 10:01:38 AM
Then you are aware that the suicide rate for gay teens is horribly high, and that using the term in a denigrating manner, just as saying the word Ni**er causes hurt.  You aren't gay, so you don't understand.  Do you have any idea how hard it was for my son to come out?  When I finally encouraged him to not be ashamed but instead be proud, because I was VERY proud of him, he bawled on the phone for hours after we talked and he came out.  He was terrified that his straight parents would accept him, in spite of us being liberal and VERY caring.  You had a roomate.  Ok, so?  I dated black women, had a GF even, but I'm not black.  I know how hard it is to SOME extent for being black, but I'm not in the skin, I can escape to my whiteness.

I used to think that Bellgab was a place with intelligent and evolved people.  From the response I am getting, there are a number of us, and likely many remaining silent for fear of retribution, over the denigrating manner this is still being handled.  You're a leader.  Leaders are counted on to keep an group safe/comfortable.  Some things are just way out of line and NOT funny.

We might have gay members here keeping silent for fear, and they should never be made to feel that way.  We are evolved or we aren't.

Unless you expressly WANT to chase away those of us that aren't in lockstep with a certain politics or ideal...
Excuse me but this is getting rather stupid.....  everybody is prejudice against some group.
What's yours?..... Leaders that aren't PC enough for your likening? :)

aldousburbank

Quote from: Skunk Ape on June 08, 2015, 05:30:41 PM
Oooohhhh.. Hahaha. The mystery birthday guests. How would Dave know? It's a secret to even him, right? Lol
Typical passive aggressive Gnoory BS. A mystery, shrouded in a secret, disguised as coincidence, attempting to cover a Mel's sized A-hole.

paladin1991

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 08, 2015, 04:57:25 PM
oh wow....a man in a uniform ~swoon~

Now stop it, I'm married you know.

*ears perk up*  Married, you say?  Hmmm.

chefist

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 08, 2015, 05:34:40 PM
Birthday cake!  And a song, too.

Wow, music in the 80's sucked for the most part...

MAX

Quote from: sorefinger on June 08, 2015, 02:23:04 PM
"It would have been crazy to say just a few years ago. But today, Google produces better-designed software than any other tech behemoth. If you don’t believe that, then set down your Apple-flavored Kool-Aid. Take a cleansing breath, open your mind, and compare Android and iOS."

http://m.fastcompany.com/3046512/how-google-finally-got-design

Tired of you too take your finger out of your ass that's why it's sore don't give a shit about apple or android you douche go away

paladin1991

Quote from: serenity on June 08, 2015, 05:04:33 PM
Lol me too and old older and retired. Uniform fits better in the closet these days

I hear you, bro. 

Caught my son, trying on my dress blues last summer.  Just about shit my pants.  Wife was stunned.

paladin1991

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 08, 2015, 05:07:56 PM
Is it my imagination or did The General just come out?

One might say.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

paladin1991

Quote from: chefist on June 08, 2015, 05:37:14 PM

Communist.

paladin1991

Quote from: MAX on June 08, 2015, 05:37:54 PM
Tired of you too take your finger out of your ass that's why it's sore don't give a shit about apple or android you douche go away

Who let the dog in?

The General

Quote from: MAX on June 08, 2015, 05:37:54 PM
heh. 

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on June 08, 2015, 05:37:14 PM
Hater.  Reported to George Michael.

aldousburbank

Quote from: ItsOver on June 08, 2015, 05:48:49 PM

George Michael Vandeveen?

PathoJen

Quote from: ItsOver on June 08, 2015, 05:48:49 PM

haha! Awesome!  ;D

WhiteCrow

Quote from: MV on June 08, 2015, 11:01:16 AM
i did not realize this.  i will now have to reconsider our friendship.

And only if people would listen to me and do would do I want, we could avoid many of these misunderstands 8)
Pictures are worth a 1000 words. Seriously, today, we live in a visual world, and everyone makes judgements based on image and not just a voice that sounds wonderful.
Sorry for pointing out the obvious... Again.

chefist

SciFiAuthor

I constantly walk through a minefield of words in my current profession and understand how powerful words can be. But the big problem with the word police debate is that people resent being told what they can or cannot say. The word police thing only exacerbates the very problem the activists believe they are solving. By making fag off-limits it immediately taints the gay rights cause with baggage by pissing people off and strengthening their prejudices in the same way that the suppression of dirty words in the past has led to a modern culture where one of the most commonly used words in every day vernacular is the word fuck. Word suppression does not work, it backfires.

The proper way to deal with it is to let people say whatever the hell they like and focus on condemning actions. The goal of the gay rights activists will be achieved far faster that way.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: lasertron on June 08, 2015, 10:47:32 AM
Thank you! I appreciate that a lot!

Whatever.... So you are honestly tell'in us , that you'll never go see one of those potty mouth comedians that use the N and F word a lot because they may slip in the other 3 letter F word a few times , that has now become user banned on Bellgab.

RoseGirl

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 08, 2015, 05:36:30 PM
*ears perk up*  Married, you say?  Hmmm.

Don't make me put down my rolling pin and pick up a cast iron frying pan.

nbirnes

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 08, 2015, 06:01:03 PM
Too campy?

I like the line "all my sisters and me" from We Are Family. That's always a dancing favorite at weddings and some of our funerals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBpYgpF1bqQ

Feel good. Do good.

ItsOver

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 08, 2015, 05:51:03 PM
George Michael Vandeveen?
You didn't know?  I hope I didn't let something "out of the closet," so to speak.

serenity

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 08, 2015, 06:05:35 PM
Don't make me put down my rolling pin and pick up a cast iron frying pan.

I didn't do it this time. WASN'T ME! ----< covers head >----

MAX

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 08, 2015, 05:42:24 PM
Who let the dog in?

My master left me locked outside as he was drunk but left a running keg going so that explains my behavior... Drunk dog better then no dog at least what I heard at the pound.... 

WhiteCrow

Quote from: MV on June 08, 2015, 11:20:56 AM
how hannity is only one tick behind rush is beyond me.  he's the worst form of conservative talk radio.

I can do an excellent impersonation of Hannity. Next time I call into the GabCast just say "Obama"
And I'll go into my bit.

serenity

Hey Nancy, if your still here, I put a blurb about the show up on Alien Dreams. Hope I got the time right. Remember I have Post Traumatic Dumbshit Syndrome.

"May we never make it to Hell but may we have great shows along the way"