• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Catsmile

Quote from: munbeam666 on June 05, 2015, 02:39:11 PM
Who is the Guy From Pittsburg?

You don't wanna know... really... you don't. Trust me.
But if you gotta know... inquire here: http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,5425.0.html

popple

Quote from: MV on June 05, 2015, 01:24:00 PM
curtis doesn't own a computer, sir.

but how does he internet?

onan

Quote from: popple on June 05, 2015, 02:54:23 PM
but how does he internet?

Well, he does have a library card.

aldousburbank

Quote from: chefist on June 05, 2015, 02:51:10 PM
I thought he was that guy from the welfare office orifice

starrmtn001

Quote from: nextgenfm on June 05, 2015, 12:13:56 AM
WHAT'S THIS? AHHHHHH!!!!!!!  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwi4fQKKM08
Absolutely AWESOME!!!  I got goosebumps just watching the trailer, can't wait till Art Bell is Back!   C'MON JULY 20TH!!!  Yeah!

Faustina

Quote from: The General on June 05, 2015, 01:08:56 PM
At first I thought the #freeartbell thing didn't need to be in there because it refers to the non-compete freeartbell campaign from 2 years ago... but ya know what?  It fits here because the streamed show will be free.  So, technically, it is correct.  Free Art Bell (stream) starting July 20th.

It does apply.  Now all the people who moaned and whined about having to pay to hear Art on Sirius will be happy.  As long as they have internet or a smart phone.  Btw, I did a practice run last night listening to TuneIn radio via my smart phone, in my car, traveling on the highway, using a large-ish portable Bluetooth speaker to broadcast the audio.  Worked well.  I could hear just fine, despite the freeway noise of my tires going ____ mph on a rather coarsely paved highway.

popple

Quote from: MV on June 05, 2015, 02:57:28 PM
at the truck stop.

i did hear that lots of truckers have wifi in their vehicles these days

Faustina

Quote from: Faustina on June 05, 2015, 02:58:32 PM
It does apply.  Now all the people who moaned and whined about having to pay to hear Art on Sirius will be happy.  As long as they have internet or a smart phone.  Btw, I did a practice run last night listening to TuneIn radio via my smart phone, in my car, traveling on the highway, using a large-ish portable Bluetooth speaker to broadcast the audio.  Worked well.  I could hear just fine, despite the freeway noise of my tires going ____ mph on a rather coarsely paved highway.

This is the speaker I used.  (Eventually I plan to get built-in Bluetooth speakers in my car, but this is a cheaper option for now).
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JJ1QBZY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

serenity

Quote from: nbirnes on June 05, 2015, 12:34:42 PM
🌸 war is not good for children or any living things 🌸

Hey Nancy, been there, done that. Recovered and now retired. Glad your doing fine now ! You two sound like dating teens on the show.  ;) Its cute lol

paladin1991

Quote from: chefist on June 05, 2015, 02:51:10 PM
I thought he was that guy from the welfare office
You mean the guy rattling the soggy Starbux cup full of nickels and quarters?

Faustina

Quote from: popple on June 05, 2015, 03:02:05 PM

Cars are starting to be sold with wifi in them now.  I think it was Hyundai that just came out with cars with wifi.  Toyota and Honda can't be far behind.

chefist

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 05, 2015, 03:11:49 PM
You mean the guy rattling the soggy Starbux cup full of nickels and quarters?

Oh the guy from the median!

Faustina

Quote from: Faustina on June 05, 2015, 03:19:04 PM
Cars are starting to be sold with wifi in them now.  I think it was Hyundai that just came out with cars with wifi.  Toyota and Honda can't be far behind.

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2489486/emerging-technology/wireless-carrier-wars-come-to-your-car.html

kennedymaure

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 05, 2015, 02:57:58 PM
Absolutely AWESOME!!!  I got goosebumps just watching the trailer, can't wait till Art Bell is Back!   C'MON JULY 20TH!!!  Yeah!
That was fun, I admit it.

ItsOver

Quote from: munbeam666 on June 05, 2015, 02:39:11 PM
Who is the Guy From Pittsburg?
A friend of Dave Noorie.  Everyone knows who Dave is.

popple

Rossy's trailers got me so hyped leading up to Dark Matter. THEY GAVE ME LIFE! The last trailer by the mystery person was beautiful as well.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: popple on June 05, 2015, 03:02:05 PM

back when i was driving a truck all over the usa (sept. 2003 to july 2005), mobile data was in its absolute infancy.  you could buy air cards, but coverage was spotty at best and the cost of data was horrendous.  the best solution at that time was to purchase a wifi plan at whatever truck stop chain you chose, and then to try and stay at that chain every time you parked.  it suuuuuuucked, especially when you couldn't get a parking spot close enough to the access point.  i remember being just absolutely amazed the first time i drove a few hundred miles listening to streaming audio without interruption via mobile data.  that was a seminal moment.

ItsOver

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 05, 2015, 02:57:58 PM
Very nice!  I felt like I was in the theater watching a coming attraction.  One slight nit, though.  I noticed it had "The Kingdom Nye."  I'm used to hearing from "The Kingdom of Nye."

aldousburbank

This is what I'll be listening through on July 20. The Libratone Zipp. I've tooted it's horn before on this forum but worth doing so here again imo- for the mobile audiophile. 40watt, w/airplay AND wifi connectivity. Very healthy sound, much more so than every other unit of its size and price. Durable- I use mine on my bike and have spilled it onto pavement several times, once at 25+ mph it became unstrapped, hit the pavement, tumbled 20 feet down into a desert arroyo, and Jerry and the boys kept playing the whole trip. I actually just bought a second unit, after beating the crap out of unit A for two years in the dirt and weather. It actually now suffers a light distortion at higher volumes after all the abuse but it will remain my riding model. Unit B is my new house system. Weird right(?), because the body is not that big. But placed strategically around the place (an app allows setting sound for tables, shelves, floor, outdoors) you can get great sound. Apparently on an iPad you can set up eight of these babies. That would be my audio dream- all over the house heh. But alas, I works for my living and just barely afforded the second unit so I run one speaker at a time from my iPhone 5.

I'm saying, the sound quality is excellent- even with its small body. I hear certain elements, depth , coming out of this thing that I seem to have never noticed in otherwise familiar music. Also, airplay and wifi connections offer full bitrate wireless sound quality. Scandinavian design, made in Indonesia. It used to run about 400 clams. Apparently on Amazon 300+-

Almost done blah blah blahing about the thing but I clearly love mine. The first one had a pet name >embarrassed< but have not christened the newbie, yet. Ok I'll stop. I'm starting to feel like the guy from martinez tm.

PS- my new unit ran about $350.

http://www.amazon.com/Libratone-Portable-Speaker-Classic-Collection/dp/B009L1342A

BattyBrooke

THIS BOYS' CLUB CAN KICK ROCKS AND SUCK MY ASS.

aldousburbank

Quote from: BattyBrooke on June 05, 2015, 03:42:54 PM
When?

MV/Liberace!

preach it, sister.

chefist

Quote from: MV on June 05, 2015, 03:33:36 PM
back when i was driving a truck all over the usa (sept. 2003 to july 2005), mobile data was in its absolute infancy.  you could buy air cards, but coverage was spotty at best and the cost of data was horrendous.  the best solution at that time was to purchase a wifi plan at whatever truck stop chain you chose, and then to try and stay at that chain every time you parked.  it suuuuuuucked, especially when you couldn't get a parking spot close enough to the access point.  i remember being just absolutely amazed the first time i drove a few hundred miles listening to streaming audio without interruption via mobile data.  that was a seminal moment.

Lots of long lonely nights in truck stops...how did u fill the time?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: chefist on June 05, 2015, 03:45:06 PM
Lots of long lonely nights in truck stops...how did u fill the time?

i would read my bible and such.

The General

Have you considered joining SCORPION ARMY?

Quote from: BattyBrooke on June 05, 2015, 01:54:19 PM
Do any of you know where I can see the listenership numbers for different a.m. radio shows for 2014/2015?

You could call the station and ask (say you are doing a survey for your business and considering running a radio spot).

The General

Quote from: BattyBrooke on June 05, 2015, 01:54:19 PM
Do any of you know where I can see the listenership numbers for different a.m. radio shows for 2014/2015?

This will tell you the weekly cume of the top shows. 
http://www.talkers.com/top-talk-radio-audiences/

Faustina

Quote from: MV on June 05, 2015, 03:33:36 PM
  i remember being just absolutely amazed the first time i drove a few hundred miles listening to streaming audio without interruption via mobile data.  that was a seminal moment.

The really nice thing about it is no reception  issues.  Only the occasional beep as my smart phone tells me I have a new email or text.