• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

coaster

Quote from: ks3484 on May 12, 2015, 03:08:05 AM
I think that it's just sour grapes on your part because you are excluded from participating in the Mars project.
Yep, stupid. Figured.

pate

Quote from: ks3484 on May 12, 2015, 03:48:23 AM
If I read it right I think you said more boasting...I'm just pointing out that that could be detrimental to the Mars project.

eer's spelt "tuhrererest", yuhr durmash...

dan7800

I would like to request shows on new and hot topics such as how the government has changed the flavor of carrots in the last 200 years, and more numbers lady. Also, I enjoy shows where it is clear the host doesn't listen. Can you do a show like this Art?

serenity

Just a small slug for Art

May we never go to Hell but but if we do we will be too busy drinking with friends to care

Quote from: serenity on May 12, 2015, 05:43:52 AM
Just a small slug for Art

May we never go to Hell but but if we do we will be too busy drinking with friends to care

And a big one for Santa.
As said before, I am counting down to July 20.
And December 25.

Art, maybe for some fun, Keith can remade Artbell.com with those amazing fireworks and morse code hints for a few days prior to the 20th
Those days were the most fun on the internet since 1999

MAX

Quote from: Art Bell on May 11, 2015, 08:47:33 PM
Gramm will be my first Guest.

Art

Hate to say it but all this talk on guests is giving Dave and his lazy staff too many ideas to steal or try to hinder your access to them.

serenity

Quote from: MAX on May 12, 2015, 07:20:17 AM

Hate to say it but all this talk on guests is giving Dave and his lazy staff too many ideas to steal or try to hinder your access to them.

......And maybe just a touch of fear MUHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Alas poor Stella will have to contact the GIS (-Chunga) to do the interview with Art.
Stella V. Lansing http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/gazettenet/obituary.aspx?pid=160113746

FallenSeraph

HELP - I've been gone forever. Stopped listening to C2C. Started listening to various podcasts instead. So WAIT, what, who? Art is coming back?! Can someone give me the Cliff's Notes version of this news? SOOO OUT OF THE LOOP! DON'T HATE!

And Art is posting here again? ART!  :-* :-* :-* :-*

P.S. Nice to see some of you on the BellGab FB page! 

Juan

Hi E,
Art is coming back on what is now called the Dark Matter Radio Network (name may change) darkmatterradio.net.  He'll also be available throuh the Tune-In app and on a shortwave station.  Show airs from midnight Eastern to midnight Pacific.  It streams free - there's a $5 month subscription fee to be able to downlod the show as a podcast.  The fee is what will pay for the show, so most of us are going to listen live and pay the fee.  Also check in on artbell.com.

chefist

Quote from: MAX on May 12, 2015, 07:20:17 AM

That brings up a good point.  I wonder how Art will try and prevent the poaching that went on when DM aired...hmmmm...It's hard as you want to attract listeners by listing the up coming shows, but you don't want Dave and his crew interfering...

jazmunda

Quote from: Seraphim27 on May 12, 2015, 07:33:44 AM
HELP - I've been gone forever. Stopped listening to C2C. Started listening to various podcasts instead. So WAIT, what, who? Art is coming back?! Can someone give me the Cliff's Notes version of this news? SOOO OUT OF THE LOOP! DON'T HATE!

And Art is posting here again? ART!  :-* :-* :-* :-*

P.S. Nice to see some of you on the BellGab FB page!

Welcome back Seraphim. You have been missed.

Everything Juan said is true except ......

Please don't speak directly to Art. Please relay any questions to Art via PM to MV. Only speak to Art when directly spoken to. Please avert your gaze and don't look Art directly in the eye. Finally, and I can't stress this enough, whatever you do, DON'T mention Dave.

Nah just kidding, Art is a regular and my favourite poster here. Obviously.

Great to see you again. Post often.

cweb

Quote from: ks3484 on May 12, 2015, 03:08:05 AM
What do you know about it? What makes it a "joke and a scam"? The program seems to be doing fine by all accounts. The machines meant to be the vanguard have been dispatched and are scouting the planet to find a suitable landing zone for the colonists as we speak. Exactly what part of the Mars program do you have proof of it being "a fraud and a scam"?  I think that it's just sour grapes on your part because you are excluded from participating in the Mars project. Otherwise exactly what proof do you have to back up what you have said?
There's certainly some doubt about the Mars One figures presented. I feel like the jury's still out on it being a purpose-built scam... for now.

http://web.mit.edu/sydneydo/Public/Mars%20One%20Feasibility%20Analysis%20IAC14.pdf
QuoteFirst, our habitation simulations revealed that crop growth, if large enough to provide 100% of the settlement’s food, will produce unsafe oxygen levels in the habitat. As a result, some form of oxygen removal system is required â€" a technology that has not yet been developed for spaceflight.
A spare parts analysis revealed that the mass of spare parts to support the ISRU and ECLS systems increases significantly as the settlement grows - after 130 months on the Martian surface, spare parts compose 62% of the mass transported to the Martian surface.
Finally, the space logistics analysis revealed that for the most optimist scenario considered, establishing the first crew of a Mars settlement will require approximately 15 Falcon Heavy launches costing $4.5billion, and these values will grow with additional crews. 
There's also stuff in there about how they'll actually need four times more growing area (to support 1/3 of the people) for food, versus the initial estimate.

I'm sure there are even more conflicting studies from both sides. It's just not totally fair to say the Mars One project has a squeaky clean image. NASA has even said that Mars One won't get it done without their help.

I think NGOs might be less hesitant to pull funding from a fledgling project than a government would, if things go poorly.

MAX

Quote from: chefist on May 12, 2015, 08:26:02 AM
That brings up a good point.  I wonder how Art will try and prevent the poaching that went on when DM aired...hmmmm...It's hard as you want to attract listeners by listing the up coming shows, but you don't want Dave and his crew interfering...
[/quote

Yeah Dave was a real dick last time.... Sure he will be again

nika01

Not safe walking in the woods anymore.

ItsOver

Quote from: popple on May 11, 2015, 10:07:59 PM
So that sweet little old lady can call back and say "Art, I told you not to scare us like that again!"
I remember that.  I thought I was listening to my mother.  Art may have to do some corner time.  ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: dan7800 on May 12, 2015, 05:40:55 AM
I would like to request shows on new and hot topics such as how the government has changed the flavor of carrots in the last 200 years, and more numbers lady. Also, I enjoy shows where it is clear the host doesn't listen. Can you do a show like this Art?
Not everybody can be "The King of the Night."  Thank God.

Art,

On the sign-up portion for the subscription to your show, will you have an optional box that we can list our handle from this forum?

Thanks

onan

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on May 12, 2015, 10:43:53 AM
Art,

On the sign-up portion for the subscription to your show, will you have an optional box that we can list our handle from this forum?

Thanks

Great suggestion!

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on May 12, 2015, 07:32:13 AM
Alas poor Stella will have to contact the GIS (-Chunga) to do the interview with Art.
Stella V. Lansing http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/gazettenet/obituary.aspx?pid=160113746

Those EVP shows were among my least favorite (with or without Chunga.)  I thought the recordings sounded completely made up.  I'm fascinated by parapsychology topics, but not convinced by any of the silly 'voice' recordings from supposedly departed spirits I've heard on various shows including Art's. 

First of all, why on Earth would a spirit hang around an abandoned institution just waiting to speak to ghost investigators unknown to them, when they're free to travel directly to the ear of a loved one.  And I'm sorry but one short, muffled, out of context sentence is a pretty weak effort to effectively communicate from beyond the grave. I smell BS. :)

Toxic Fluid

I'm just pleased as punch to be able to post here! ;D

MV/Liberace!

Anyone who donated to the forum recently... I'm sorry if you didn't receive the usual "thank you" note with accompanying full frontal pics.  My mail server has been having problems related to the downtime we experienced over the weekend. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Toxic Fluid on May 12, 2015, 12:22:46 PM
I'm just pleased as punch to be able to post here! ;D

hi there.  post often.

onan

Quote from: MV on May 12, 2015, 12:42:39 PM
Anyone who donated to the forum recently... I'm sorry if you didn't receive the usual "thank you" note with accompanying full frontal pics.  My mail server has been having problems related to the downtime we experienced over the weekend.

Full is really false advertizing... just saying.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on May 12, 2015, 12:50:59 PM
Full is really false advertizing... just saying.

oh, it's full.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: dan7800 on May 12, 2015, 05:40:55 AM
I would like to request shows on new and hot topics such as how the government has changed the flavor of carrots in the last 200 years...

Ha...Good one!  Not to mention pushing white corn on us, and calling it "sweeter" even if no longer tastes like corn.  Non-GMO yellow corn for me!

Yes, yes...a show exposing the evils of Monsanto, etc., and other altered food horrors.

Edit:  dan7800, sorry I see you were being facetious re the carrots.  I still think the food topic suggested above would be worthy for discussion by Art Bell & a credible guest.

Mr. Hanky

Quote from: Art Bell on May 11, 2015, 08:47:33 PM
Gramm will be my first Guest.

Art

Terrible first guest. Graham Hancock is a notorious brain dead pothead and pseudo-archaeologist. His bullshit makes Ed Dames' killshot bullshit look like historical fact.

laserjock

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on May 12, 2015, 01:00:56 PM
Ha...Good one!  Not to mention pushing white corn on us, and calling it "sweeter" even if no longer tastes like corn.  Non-GMO yellow corn for me!

Yes, yes...a show exposing the evils of Monsanto, etc., and other altered food horrors.

Edit:  dan7800, sorry I see you were being facetious re the carrots.  I still think the food topic suggested above would be worthy for discussion by Art Bell & a credible guest.

I've suggested this also, the conspiracy of Monstanto and government people to control the seeds and laws and chemicals. 

Quote from: Mr. Hanky on May 12, 2015, 01:07:02 PM
Terrible first guest. Graham Hancock is a notorious brain dead pothead and pseudo-archaeologist. His bullshit makes Ed Dames' killshot bullshit look like historical fact.
Kind of harsh?

nika01

Quote from: Mr. Hanky on May 12, 2015, 01:07:02 PM

Exactly which parts are bullshit?