• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Weather in your Area

Started by Up All Night, October 15, 2017, 09:25:56 AM

WeinerInHand

Houston, Tx. 94F. Humid. Light rain earlier.
Too hectic for a better pic...

GravitySucks

Quote from: WeinerInHand on June 28, 2018, 05:20:17 PM

Fuckin woos 67% humidity.  Usually the humidity rivals the temperature.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 28, 2018, 05:23:56 PM
Fuckin woos 67% humidity.  Usually the humidity rivals the temperature.

I really don't like when it rains and then the sun comes back out during the summer. Especially in the south.

GravitySucks

Quote from: WeinerInHand on June 28, 2018, 05:26:33 PM
I really don't like when it rains and then the sun comes back out during the summer. Especially in the south.

Yeah. It can get miserable. My retirement property is up as far north as Centerville then west towards Waco. It gets hotter up there but at least if you walk in the shade you cool off. Here you just grow algae.

That exit is Hwy 7. (MM 164 I think) There is a Woody’s BarBq on each side of I45. Best jerky, decent diesel prices and clean bathrooms.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 28, 2018, 05:55:02 PM
Yeah. It can get miserable. My retirement property is up as far north as Centerville then west towards Waco. It gets hotter up there but at least if you walk in the shade you cool off. Here you just grow algae.

That exit is Hwy 7. (MM 164 I think) There is a Woody’s BarBq on each side of I45. Best jerky, decent diesel prices and clean bathrooms.

That's Willie's place right? Well, I heard he sold it. Yes, I've always wanted to stop there.
Waco gets a bad rap but I really like it there, it's kind of the calm before the storm that is Dallas.
I deliver ice cream to Temple at least once a year.

albrecht

Quote from: WeinerInHand on June 28, 2018, 06:41:07 PM

That's Willie's place right? Well, I heard he sold it. Yes, I've always wanted to stop there.
Waco gets a bad rap but I really like it there, it's kind of the calm before the storm that is Dallas.
I deliver ice cream to Temple at least once a year.
Willie's Place (last I heard) was at Carl's Corner (IH-35E after the split.) Though I'm not sure the name now? Some gas station name now not "Willie's Place" anymore...
If you like Kolaches check out the "Czech Stop"or other places on IH-35 in West, Texas (name of town, not place) or some places on I-10 between Houston and Austin (Ellinger is my favorite.)  And obviously everyone should at least go to a Bucees at least once in their lives (I go there all the time.)

WeinerInHand

Quote from: albrecht on June 28, 2018, 06:51:20 PM
Willie's Place (last I heard) was at Carl's Corner (IH-35E after the split.) Though I'm not sure the name now? Some gas station name now not "Willie's Place" anymore...
If you like Kolaches check out the "Czech Stop"or other places on IH-35 in West, Texas (name of town, not place) or some places on I-10 between Houston and Austin (Ellinger is my favorite.)  And obviously everyone should at least go to a Bucees at least once in their lives (I go there all the time.)

What is the name of the crab that is seasonal out of the Gulf? It's not a blue crab, is it?

albrecht

Quote from: WeinerInHand on June 28, 2018, 07:03:43 PM
What is the name of the crab that is seasonal out of the Gulf? It's not a blue crab, is it?
Yes. Funny story. Wanted to have some crabs when I was up in Maryland some decades ago (they steam them up there) and talking to the crab shack guy....guess where they got the crab? Out of Seadrift and Port O'Connor, Texas. Apparently the Chesapeake crabs weren't ready yet. So paid high dollar money up there for crab we got down here and much cheaper prices! But here they are boiled which sorta tastes different. I think there are also rock crab in the Gulf but those they harvest just a claw and throw back.
But both Chesapeake and area and Gulf are both blue craps.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: albrecht on June 28, 2018, 07:09:09 PM
Yes. Funny story. Wanted to have some crabs when I was up in Maryland some decades ago (they steam them up there) and talking to the crab shack guy....guess where they got the crab? Out of Seadrift and Port O'Connor, Texas. Apparently the Chesapeake crabs weren't ready yet. So paid high dollar money up there for crab we got down here and much cheaper prices! But here they are boiled which sorta tastes different. I think there are also rock crab in the Gulf but those they harvest just a claw and throw back.
But both Chesapeake and area and Gulf are both blue craps.

Got it. Thanks!
Yep, there's a spot just north of Boston (Gloucester) that I've delivered seafood to many times.
I've heard rumors on the road that they transport oranges from California to Florida just so they can be distributed as "Florida" oranges.
However, I've never seen it with my own eyes.

GravitySucks

Quote from: WeinerInHand on June 28, 2018, 07:03:43 PM

Softshell

Still a blue crab, just caught as soon as they moult.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 28, 2018, 07:59:55 PM
Softshell

Still a blue crab, just caught as soon as they moult.

That's it! That's what I want to try. I remember being down here a few years back and they were advertising some sort of festival for it.
I was in a hurry so I couldn't participate.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: WeinerInHand on June 28, 2018, 05:20:17 PM

The following morning was more relaxed.

WeinerInHand

Livingston, TX. Saturday night. 90F. Humidity was down. It was past midnight. I was stumbling drunk and looking for a tree. On the way back to the fire, and I look down to notice THIS thing was right beneath me.
They say it was a rat snake. 5 feet in length.
THAT night - to me - it was a king cobra!
I didn't think my fat ass could run that fast anymore... 😃

Jojo

Quote from: WeinerInHand on July 01, 2018, 11:49:44 PM
Livingston, TX. Saturday night. 90F. Humidity was down. It was past midnight. I was stumbling drunk and looking for a tree. On the way back to the fire, and I look down to notice THIS thing was right beneath me.
Woah!

Unit 14

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 01, 2018, 11:56:18 PM
The weather in your area: FAT!  ;D
Are you gonna get mad if I call you a troll?
Fed Up

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on July 02, 2018, 12:02:48 AM
Are you gonna get mad if I call you a troll?
Fed Up

Well, I know you are but what am I? :P

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on July 02, 2018, 12:08:15 AM
Troll.

Glad you admit it. That's the first step to getting better. ;)

albrecht

Quote from: WeinerInHand on July 01, 2018, 11:49:44 PM

Rat snakes are ok, unless you got chickens etc. They can be mean but no venom. And,as name implies, kill vermin...so ok in my book. Until such killed some cool Mexican Wood Whistling eggs and duckkings in my big trees. Sucked. But nature is as it is. A weird aside: how can an armadillio get up on a deck! At least five steps up or an old kid twisting slide on the high slide?  But did on neighbors! I know they can jump n run but why climb stairs to a deck?

WeinerInHand

Quote from: albrecht on July 02, 2018, 12:15:19 AM

Rat snakes are ok, unless you got chickens etc. They can be mean but no venom. And,as name implies, kill vermin...so ok in my book. Until such killed some cool Mexican Wood Whistling eggs and duckkings in my big trees. Sucked. But nature is as it is. A weird aside: how can an armadillio get up on a deck! At least five steps up or an old kid twisting slide on the high slide?  But did on neighbors! I know they can jump n run but why climb stairs to a deck?

They have chickens aplenty where I was, and kittens - so there was no surprise that was there. That offered me no consolation that night!
I was in Alabama one time and I started my pretrip around two in the morning. As I was walking around the truck, I noticed a walmart bag(the grey ones) that was full of trash.
I stood next to that bag for at least five minutes checking my unit temps. As soon as I turned to walk away - that bag of trash turned into an armadillo! I was wide awake after that!

Jojo

Snouting for bugs in crevices?
Unit 14

Coz that is where the grill is....................

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on July 02, 2018, 01:12:17 AM
Snouting for bugs in crevices?
Unit 14

Maxine's treason and YOUR endorsement thereof?

“If you think we’re rallying now, you ain’t seen nothin’ yet. Already, you have members of your Cabinet that are being booed out of restaurants who have protesters taking up at their house, who say, ‘No peace, no sleep. No peace, no sleep.’ God is on OUR side!

On the side of the children. On the side of what’s right. On the side of what’s honorable. And so, let’s stay the course. Let’s make sure we show up wherever we have to show up and if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.”

Here is the US Code 2101 on Riots:

(a) Whoever travels in interstate or foreign commerce or uses any facility of interstate or foreign commerce, including, but not limited to, the mail, telegraph, telephone, radio, or television, with intentâ€"
(1) to incite a riot; or
(2) to organize, promote, encourage, participate in, or carry on a riot; or
(3) to commit any act of violence in furtherance of a riot; or
(4) to aid or abet any person in inciting or participating in or carrying on a riot or committing any act of violence in furtherance of a riot; and who either during the course of any such travel or use or thereafter performs or attempts to perform any other overt act for any purpose specified in subparagraph (A), (B), (C), or (D) of this paragraphâ€" [1] Shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/maxine-waters-l-a-riots-insurrection-defining-moment-black-resistance/
April 27, 2017 5:05 pm

Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters (Calif.) spoke to the Huffington Post on Thursday and fondly remembered the 1992 Los Angeles riots, insisting they were actually an "insurrection."

More than 50 people were killed during the riots, with thousands more injured and over $1 billion in property damage. But Waters told the Huffington Post that the L.A. riots were "a milestone in the history of black people demanding justice."

"These were people who had been basically forgotten," Waters said. "And because of Rodney King's beating and the current emotion that was stirring in that, it was like people were saying, ‘We're here. You can't do this to us. Look what you're doing, look how you've been.'"

"So it was a defining moment in this country and I think a defining moment in the way that black people resisted," she continued.

Waters' history of calling the riots an "insurrection" dates back to the riots themselves.

"What I tried to do was take it out of the discussion of ‘these are just no good, crazy rioting people' and to talk about what I call an insurrection, which made a lot of white people mad," she recalled.

In one famous incident of "insurrection" broadcast across the county, four men dragged truck driver Reginald Denny out of his cab and beat him within an inch of his life.

>:(

Jojo

Save some money and be prepared by getting that Mylar up on house windows.  If there's a power outage, you'll be glad you did.  It can be attached to tension rods which can be raised and lowered.  If the look is bad, just shut the drapes over them...

As for humidity, clay pots absorb a lot of moisture.  When it gets dry, then the moisture is released into the air again.  Dehumidifiers?  Fans reduce humidity.

Unit 14

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on July 03, 2018, 11:14:18 AM
Save some money and be prepared by getting that Mylar up on house windows. 
Unit 14

QuoteQuote from: 14 on Yesterday at 10:40:03 AM
Booing people out of a restaurant and verbally pushing is not "violence".
Trump has incited violence.  Here is your link again:  https://www.elitedaily.com/p/the-video-of-maxine-waters-reading-a-list-of-times-trump-incited-violence-is-a-must-watch-9585426
It's perfectly acceptable to say that regardless of how I feel about Waters antisocial comments, they don't sound prosecutable.  Reasonable people are pragmatic.

Don't confuse fun with phony.

Unit 14

WeinerInHand

I-10 eastbound crossing the Twenty Mile Bridge between Lafayette and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. 85F. Muggy. Caught in a downpour coming out of Lafayette.

GravitySucks

Quote from: WeinerInHand on July 03, 2018, 03:28:44 PM
I-10 eastbound crossing the Twenty Mile Bridge between Lafayette and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. 85F. Muggy. Caught in a downpour coming out of Lafayette.

Afraid to spell Atchafalaya?

WeinerInHand

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 03, 2018, 04:09:44 PM
Afraid to spell Atchafalaya?

I couldn't figure out how to copy and paste from my atlas!