• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on October 21, 2017, 08:57:32 AM
It would be a pleasure to have some drinks and a meal with George Noory.  I want to go to a pub with him during the World Cup or tailgate at another sporting event.  Or better yet at my buddy's house when we are watching football all day and crushing the usual 2 cases of beer.  That would please me.

Oh fuque. I’m gonna need some eyewash.

ShayP

Quote from: ItsOver on October 21, 2017, 09:00:22 AM
BG'ers are Jorch's favorites.  He lovingly refers to us as haters, basement dwellers, rat eaters, and other terms of endearment I don't recall.

LOL!  Well, at least Art Bell said we were 'vaguely lovable', once upon a time.

Oh!  And George did wish us a Merry Christmas last year.

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 21, 2017, 09:00:34 AM
Oh fuque. I’m gonna need some eyewash.

C'mon there cowboy!  You're invited.

TigerLily

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on October 20, 2017, 10:50:29 PM
Assurance or pendulous warning.

Has Snorch ever mentioned Bellgab? No I guess he wouldn't would he. I remember him complaining a couple years ago "they say I interrupt my guests." I enjoy knowing he knows.

Never by name but he would by oblique reference. There was that time he mentioned  something to the effect that there was this group of "haters that sit in their basement eating rats". It was a specific referral to Bellgab. If memory serves it was after Art quit Dark Matter and we were waiting out another of Art's NC clauses. We were especially prolific and hateful in our GNS posts. Back in those days only one of Jorch's shows would elicit pages of very creative invective. Back when Bellgab was relevant

TigerLily

Quote from: ItsOver on October 21, 2017, 09:00:22 AM
BG'ers are Jorch's favorites.  He lovingly refers to us as haters, basement dwellers, rat eaters, and other terms of endearment I don't recall.

Sorry IO. Didn't notice your post.  Yeah, we're mentioning the same comment. "Classhick!" - GNS

ItsOver

Quote from: TigerLily on October 21, 2017, 09:26:57 AM
Sorry IO. Didn't notice your post.  Yeah, we're mentioning the same comment. "Classhick!" - GNS
No problem.  It's always good to have as many as possible pointing-out Jorch's great love for all things BellGab. 

"That's true!"

Jojo

Quote from: Meanandnasty on August 13, 2013, 12:28:34 AM
It is a political move.  If you can't beat them, join them.
Just like Senda. Ugh.

Jackstar

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 20, 2017, 03:09:21 AM
Polanski drugged the girl in question [...] Polanski is just simply pure scum.

That bastard. How dare he?

Parris001

Rachel Nelson, RNelson@premierenetworks.com.

And Kevin Wong, kevinwong@iheartmedia.com.

Let's blow their inboxes up with complaints about George. I wanna go on a letter writing campaign that gets annoying  and irritating enough that someone higher up the ladder actually listens to George on the air and realizes how bad he is, and they can his incompetent ass.

Parris001

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on October 20, 2017, 10:50:29 PM
Assurance or pendulous warning.

Has Snorch ever mentioned Bellgab? No I guess he wouldn't would he. I remember him complaining a couple years ago "they say I interrupt my guests." I enjoy knowing he knows.

I complained to Danheiser that George interrupts his guests and his exact quote was "we disagree".

It's extremely rude. There's a reason they call it "guest" and "host". You should show respect as a good host. But George insists on shitting on his guests. I make it a point to always email guests after a horrendous interview and apologize. And encourage them to never do the show again.

Quote from: Parris001 on October 22, 2017, 12:07:55 AM
I complained to Danheiser that George interrupts his guests and his exact quote was "we disagree".

It's extremely rude. There's a reason they call it "guest" and "host". You should show respect as a good host. But George insists on shitting on his guests. I make it a point to always email guests after a horrendous interview and apologize. And encourage them to never do the show again.

Thank you for doing that, maybe I'll start doing the same. Seems like I haven't heard of Katherine Albrecht being a guest in long time, has she removed herself from the ongoing joke? I remember their conversations being particularly painful. Katherine might be paranoid but she's infinitely more intelligent than dimbulb and you could hear an incredulous tone in her voice after each of Snorch's interjections. Smart people don't seem to like that show much, just call me Captain Obvious.

Church says something about "no life anywhere [on Earth]" after the Cretaceous-Tertiary mass extinction 65 million years ago. Sorry moron, 25% to 50% of the Earth's plant and animal life survived the event. Do these people care at all about facts or has Carnivora eaten holes through their underperforming brains?

ItsOver

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on October 22, 2017, 02:46:50 AM
.... Do these people care at all about facts or has Carnivora eaten holes through their underperforming brains?

"That's true.  Next caller, Emma in Akron.  Go ahead, Enema..."

ShayP

Quote from: ItsOver on October 22, 2017, 09:34:39 AM

"That's true.  Next caller, Emma in Akron.  Go ahead, Enema..."

LMAO!  Nice IO...nice.  :D

ItsOver

Quote from: ShayP on October 22, 2017, 10:07:17 AM
Thank yeeewww!  Jorch is such an easy play for laugh material.  I do miss Ziznak, with his wonderful Jorch photoshops, though.  They were the best.

Dateline

It leaked.  The new addition he has for Coast is a special Coast app.  Upload the free app and you will have guided suck by Norry.  It will let you experience the narrative as read from Coastgab and interwoven by Ugs, Umms, and Snorts by Norry. 

There will also be a special bonus of Norry suck rapping with Sinatra singing the chorus as in a duet.  Don't get any better than that in Coast world.  Can't wait!  I give it five mouse droppings as a rating.

Jojo

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Conspiracy-theories-propel-AM-radio-show-into-Top-2484135.php

Through the spring of 2006, 7 percent of people listening to the radio in the Bay Area tuned in to "Coast to Coast," according to Berry. During the same rating period, 4.6 percent in the Bay Area tuned in to Rush Limbaugh.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nielsen_Audio#Methods describes a way to count how many people listen to which radio stations:

Arbitron introduced the Portable People Meter (PPM) service in 2007.[6]

The PPM is a wearable portable device, much like a pager or mobile phone, that electronically gathers subaudible codes that identify the source of a broadcast, such as a radio station. Arbitron recruits and compensates a cross-section of consumers to wear the meter for an average of one year and up to two years. The audience estimates generated from each monthly survey is used as the buy/sell currency for radio stations and advertisers/agencies.

A WEARABLE DEVICE THAT DETECTS SUB AUDIBLE SOUNDS FROM RADIO STATIONS TO DETERMINE WHICH STATION SOMEONE IS LISTENING TO.  WOW.

Jojo

Quote from: ShayP on October 22, 2017, 10:07:17 AM
You simply MUST tell us if this really happened!  It is not beyond belief!

Jojo

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on October 22, 2017, 02:31:08 AM
Thank you for doing that, maybe I'll start doing the same. Seems like I haven't heard of Katherine Albrecht being a guest in long time, has she removed herself from the ongoing joke? I remember their conversations being particularly painful. Katherine might be paranoid but she's infinitely more intelligent than dimbulb and you could hear an incredulous tone in her voice after each of Snorch's interjections. Smart people don't seem to like that show much, just call me Captain Obvious.
He wouldnt mean to offend her.  He wore a three-piece suit for her on Beyond Belief, and he never wears three-piece suits!  Also, he was very ginger when skirting over a day I thought sounded like was a sick day.

albrecht

Quote from: Jojo on October 22, 2017, 03:29:47 PM

A WEARABLE DEVICE THAT DETECTS SUB AUDIBLE SOUNDS FROM RADIO STATIONS TO DETERMINE WHICH STATION SOMEONE IS LISTENING TO.  WOW.
Indeed, if a company is using such a device simply for ratings information imagine what other companies or agencies are using. Should be a show on something like C2C but with a decent guest. The tech, how it is used, where else is it used, and the scandal would be interesting radio.
https://www.markramseymedia.com/2014/06/radio-ratings-are-in-a-heap-of-trouble/

Also Schrader said "they already did it" the other night but aside from an old Nokia flipphone none of my Androids (Samsung) or iPhones had the FM chip enabled and accessible. I agree it would be a good thing, especially as we've seen with things like Harvey and the Forest Fires and where cell service might be disrupted. Please free listening to radio- not streaming (using roaming fees or data limits) or just over WiFi.

Quote from: Jojo on October 22, 2017, 03:46:54 PM
He wouldnt mean to offend her.  He wore a three-piece suit for her on Beyond Belief, and he never wears three-piece suits!  Also, he was very ginger when skirting over a day I thought sounded like was a sick day.

I really like Katherine, I hope her cancer has not returned. Anyone with a PhD from Harvard has got to have a lot going on upstairs. Even if we're not always on the same page I always enjoy hearing her speak.

Mr. Knapp and a bunch of UFO talk, life is good again (if only for a few fleeting hours).

TigerLily

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on October 22, 2017, 09:57:51 PM
Mr. Knapp and a bunch of UFO talk, life is good again (if only for a few fleeting hours).

^ ^ ^ this!

Little Hater

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on October 22, 2017, 09:50:45 PM
Anyone with a PhD from Harvard has got to have a lot going on upstairs.

Until you recall that Jerry Corsi also has such a degree ...

Quote from: Parris001 on October 22, 2017, 12:01:52 AM
Rachel Nelson, RNelson@premierenetworks.com.

And Kevin Wong, kevinwong@iheartmedia.com.

Let's blow their inboxes up with complaints about George. I wanna go on a letter writing campaign that gets annoying  and irritating enough that someone higher up the ladder actually listens to George on the air and realizes how bad he is, and they can his incompetent ass.

Well, we all know he sucks. But what is more pertinent are those "infomercial" things that might be paid spots for an advertiser posing as "news, editorial or program matter." Now, the network may ignore any such complaints, which they no doubt will and then block your email address, but you can still offer complaints with the Federal Communications Commission, the Federal Trade Commission and the Food And Drug Administration.

Programs which discuss such supplements are required -- usually, unless George Noory's program is the sole exception -- to air disclaimers and full disclosures about the content. For example, we never hear the required FDA disclaimer:

BEGIN QUOTE:<<You must use the following text for the disclaimer, as appropriate:

singular: "This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease;" or
    plural: "These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease."

You may not modify the wording of these disclaimers.

21 CFR 101.93(c)>>END QUOTE

Noory airs no such disclaimers. He may mention something about them "not being cures" in passing, but according the FDA that wording cannot be modified as Noory does.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but during last week's appearance by Ben Fuchs -- for the paid sponsor "criticalhealthnews(dot)com" -- Noory never mentioned that the site provides "sponsorship" to the program. For that, please see FCC laws about possible "payola," which may be going on:

BEGIN QUOTE:<<Section 317 of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, 47 U.S.C. § 317, requires broadcasters to disclose to their listeners or viewers if matter has been aired in exchange for money, services or other valuable consideration. The announcement must be aired when the subject matter is broadcast. The Commission has adopted a rule, 47 C.F.R. § 73.1212, which sets forth the broadcasters' responsibilities to make this sponsorship identification

Section 507 of the Communications Act, 47 U.S.C. § 508, requires that, when anyone provides or promises to provide money, services or other consideration to someone to include program matter in a broadcast, that fact must be disclosed in advance of the broadcast, ultimately to the station over which the matter is to be aired.  Both the person providing or promising to provide the money, services or other consideration and the recipient are obligated to make this disclosure so that the station may broadcast the sponsorship identification announcement required by Section 317 of the Communications Act.  Failure to disclose such payment or the providing of services or other consideration, or promise to provide them, is commonly referred to as ``payola'' and is punishable by a fine of not more than $10,000 or imprisonment for not more than one year or both. These criminal penalties bring violations within the purview of the Department of Justice.

Thus, for example, if a record company or its agent pays a broadcaster to play records on the air, those payments do not violate these provisions of the law if the required sponsorship identification information is timely aired by the broadcast station. If it is not aired as required by the Communications Act and the Commission's rules, the station and others are subject to enforcement action.

If record companies, or their agents, are paying persons other than the broadcast licensee (such as the station's Music Director or its on-air personality) to have records aired, and fail to disclose that fact to the licensee, the person making such payments, and the recipient, are also subject to criminal fine, imprisonment or both, for violation of the disclosure requirements contained in Section 507. >>END QUOTE

Noory has denied that website pays for the program. That's his story. Does he personally receive anything of value from them? Does he hold any financial ties to that website? Does he profit from sales generated there?

I recall and even recorded a statement Joel Wallach made a while back on the program. He encouraged listeners to buy only from that website, since it supports George Noory as well. Yes, strongly implying -- and I think he even said something to the effect -- that Noory himself profits off the sales.

Don't be surprised if Premiere does nothing. Know that such consumer-protection agencies won't act on single complaints. So I encourage people to gather facts, address the issue with them diplomatically and see if they will investigate the program. I feel I'm not alone when I say it needs to be. 

In addition, the FTC also warns about using social media for "sponsored content." Look at the Twitter and Facebook feed, for example, for "Coast To Coast AM." No mention of #ad or #sponsored is published for those "news" [in quote] guests for that website.

Also remind Premiere Networks that failure to advise listeners to seek the advice of a medical professional before starting any supplement program or replacing the advice of the guests over that a medical professional makes them responsible. Along with any other affiliate who fails to make such a statement as:

"The program matter you hear is for information purposes only. It is not meant to replace consultation with your physician or medical professional. The opinions expressed on the program reflect that of the guests and the host only, and do not necessarily reflect that of this [network] [or affiliate name]."

Sure, we can complain to the network over things. But they will ignore that. Instead, I suggest, try other options they can't ignore. Like those suspicious snake-oil sales programs. Remember, Noory once berated a call who objected to those snake-oil salespeople, and Noory screwed up by telling him and listeners "it's all medical truth." No, it's not. Review the FDA disclaimer. None of that has been medically proven to do anything, and Noory stating what he did was one heck of a "deceptive broadcast practice" that could prove harmful to consumers. 

Let Noory threaten you with lawsuits. Let him. That will only bring publicity to a possible issue and make people aware of what may be going on. If they didn't know about it before, they will then!

ItsOver

Quote from: Here We Go Again on October 23, 2017, 07:01:40 AM

...Noory has denied that website pays for the program. That's his story. Does he personally receive anything of value from them? Does he hold any financial ties to that website? Does he profit from sales generated there?

I recall and even recorded a statement Joel Wallach made a while back on the program. He encouraged listeners to buy only from that website, since it supports George Noory as well. Yes, strongly implying -- and I think he even said something to the effect -- that Noory himself profits off the sales...

Jorch is such a swell guy, I'm sure he did this endorsement for Tangy Tangerine pro bono.  Jorch is just interested in the well-being of all of his listeners.  Just as Tommee cares for his Twinkies.

Quote from: ItsOver on October 23, 2017, 08:23:11 AM
Jorch is such a swell guy, I'm sure he did this endorsement for Tangy Tangerine pro bono.  Jorch is just interested in the well-being of all of his listeners.  Just as Tommee cares for his Twinkies.

Of course, as you hear from George Noory and his snake-oil salespeople (criticalhealthnews(dot)com) NO ONE is making any money off of it! It's all being done in the name of "helping people" and the "deep goodness of their hearts."

Explain the outrageous prices that site charges the suckers. Check the "Nutrition Facts" label. I can find the same ingredients in the same supplements for even up to one-tenth of what that site charges. Even George Noory the other night says listeners should only buy that Tumeric from that "myheartbook" site. Because that guest's "formula" also contains black pepper. Da? Like I can find both spices at my local store and just mix them together to save myself roughly 70 percent over what they charge?

Look at this jewel on that snake-oil sales site. It appears people may want to supplement, but find -- of course -- they can buy the same product a lot cheaper somewhere else. That they don't like! After all, as Ben Fuchs once claimed, the supplements sold there -- although identical to those found a lot cheaper elsewhere -- are "blessed by God."

"God wants you to buy our products," Fuchs once claimed on the show. That's the difference! If you don't lose your bank account to that site, you are some heretic. You pay up to 10 times more because these crooks speak for God himself! Pay outrageous prices through God's appointed ones at criticalhealthnews(dot)com or you'll burn in hell! Not to mention Noory may indeed be profiting off the sales. As a "news broadcaster" sans such disclosure, that may -- may -- violate federal law.

Check this out:
http://criticalhealthnews.com/low-price-guarantee

How about that? People don't want to get ripped off, and they have a problem with that? Then the Youngevity people admitting they employ a number of crooks in their "associates." That gives us a huge boost of confidence, doesn't it?   

albrecht

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on October 22, 2017, 09:50:45 PM
I really like Katherine, I hope her cancer has not returned. Anyone with a PhD from Harvard has got to have a lot going on upstairs. Even if we're not always on the same page I always enjoy hearing her speak.
Same sentiments here. I hope the cancer hasn't returned but if it has that she is not relying on places like "critical health news" and C2C for treatment ideas but real doctors and experts.