• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight and Speculation

Started by Up All Night, March 08, 2014, 08:33:46 PM

Ms. C

This is a Houston based IT company -- Freescale Semiconductor

A US technology company which had 20 senior staff on board Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 had just launched a new electronic warfare gadget for military radar systems in the days before the Boeing 777 went missing.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/465557/Malaysian-plane-20-on-board-worked-for-ELECTRONIC-WARFARE-and-radar-defence-company

Grov505th

Quote from: Ms. C on March 19, 2014, 03:27:14 PM
This is a Houston based IT company -- Freescale Semiconductor

A US technology company which had 20 senior staff on board Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 had just launched a new electronic warfare gadget for military radar systems in the days before the Boeing 777 went missing.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/465557/Malaysian-plane-20-on-board-worked-for-ELECTRONIC-WARFARE-and-radar-defence-company

Ok from the article:
"Twelve were from Malaysia, while eight were Chinese nationals"
I betcha unless they where doing some heavy industrial espionage they were not working on any US Defense projects.....

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Grov505th on March 19, 2014, 04:35:20 PM
Ok from the article:
"Twelve were from Malaysia, while eight were Chinese nationals"
I betcha unless they where doing some heavy industrial espionage they were not working on any US Defense projects.....

Not that unusual for DoD contractors to subcontract or out right hire foreign nationals, they can get outstanding talent for half what they'd pay a US citizen.  There is plenty of non-classified work to do on classified DoD programs, things like writing code and working off-the-shelf support equipment interface issues.  Over the years I've been at design reviews and technical interchange meetings with our contractors where their foreign nationals were part of the process.  Generally the classifed briefings were scheduled for separate days, or at least separate sessions, and the foreign types were not even in the building.

I've worked with Poles, Indians, Sri Lankians, Brazilians, S Koreans, and even a Russian in such situations.  The stories of the shopping sprees these folks go on while in the US are quite entertaining, many buy cheap suitcases here to take home their treasures.

Grov505th

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 19, 2014, 06:38:40 PM
Not that unusual for DoD contractors to subcontract or out right hire foreign nationals, they can get outstanding talent for half what they'd pay a US citizen.  There is plenty of non-classified work to do on classified DoD programs, things like writing code and working off-the-shelf support equipment interface issues.  Over the years I've been at design reviews and technical interchange meetings with our contractors where their foreign nationals were part of the process.  Generally the classifed briefings were scheduled for separate days, or at least separate sessions, and the foreign types were not even in the building.

I've worked with Poles, Indians, Sri Lankians, Brazilians, S Koreans, and even a Russian in such situations.  The stories of the shopping sprees these folks go on while in the US are quite entertaining, many buy cheap suitcases here to take home their treasures.
Did not know that, most of the stuff we work on says NOFORN and a company just got smacked for using Chinese folks on the project.
I just think if anyone wanted anything like what's talked about in the article they would bribe or blackmail someone. Making a whole a/c disappear is a little overkill.
That's just my thoughts

Grov505th

Quote from: b_dubb on March 19, 2014, 07:59:15 PM
http://m.whio.com/news/news/national/ohio-mans-flight-370-shadow-theory-gains-attention/nfGTy/
I would have to agree with the expert, you aren't flying an a/c through Afghanistan airspace with out someone knowing.
Also I think the other aircraft's TCAS system would warn it of an a/c in vicinity before they could turn everything off and blend signals together.
Here's a quick fact about radar and a/c...the tail on a C5 Galaxy is tall enough to show up as a separate blip on a approach radar scope.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Grov505th on March 19, 2014, 08:31:10 PM
Did not know that, most of the stuff we work on says NOFORN and a company just got smacked for using Chinese folks on the project.
I just think if anyone wanted anything like what's talked about in the article they would bribe or blackmail someone. Making a whole a/c disappear is a little overkill.
That's just my thoughts

Just to clarify, I'm not talking about seriously black programs where I've seen foreign nationals working for a US contractor.  A program's overall classification is a function of its highest level classified element, no matter how small that element.  As a result, you can see a program rated "secret" that uses a great deal of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) equipment/technology that has plenty of opportunties for foreign nationals working as direct hires or subs without ever even getting close to the classified elements.   
l

bateman

QuoteBREAKING: PM Abbott says AMSA has possibly found objects in the ocean relating to the search for #MH370.. A  RAAF Orion has been diverted

https://twitter.com/KJBar/status/446482860552093696

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Grov505th on March 19, 2014, 08:40:47 PM
I would have to agree with the expert, you aren't flying an a/c through Afghanistan airspace with out someone knowing.
Also I think the other aircraft's TCAS system would warn it of an a/c in vicinity before they could turn everything off and blend signals together.
Here's a quick fact about radar and a/c...the tail on a C5 Galaxy is tall enough to show up as a separate blip on a approach radar scope.

Not sure a professor of criminal justice qualifies as an expert on this guy's theory, but I too find the idea a bit far-fetched.  That said, when the Israelis took out the Iraqi reactor in 1981, they flew their fighters in a very tight formation that appeared as one aircraft on military radars in Jordan, Syria, and Saudi Arabia and passed themselves off as a commercial airliner.  Of course that was old radar technology of the time, don't know if that would work today.

The General

Quote from: bateman on March 19, 2014, 09:46:38 PM
Australian press conference at 12:30 EST
Hey could you just hurry up and solve this whole mystery for us?
Thanks in advance.

bateman

Quote from: The General on March 19, 2014, 09:56:23 PM
Hey could you just hurry up and solve this whole mystery for us?
Thanks in advance.

VtaGeezer

USN P-8 is on the site now.  State of the art ocean surveillance. Confirmation will be quick, I think.  A 70 ft piece of debris was photographed by the satellite; if its the MH360 tail section, and floating, they'll have flight recorders. OTOH, it may be a dead whale; the ocean west of Australia is a floating junkyard because of currents.

I would be very surprised to learn that the debris discovered by the Australians is, indeed, the missing Malaysian flight. It simply doesnt make sense.

If the aircraft was hijacked, why would it be all the way down there? And, if the aircraft was experiencing massive mechanical problems, why would it be down there?

I think it's just floating junk, possibly a shipping container. But...nothing about this case makes sense.

Grov505th

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 19, 2014, 09:28:47 PM
Not sure a professor of criminal justice qualifies as an expert on this guy's theory, but I too find the idea a bit far-fetched.  That said, when the Israelis took out the Iraqi reactor in 1981, they flew their fighters in a very tight formation that appeared as one aircraft on military radars in Jordan, Syria, and Saudi Arabia and passed themselves off as a commercial airliner.  Of course that was old radar technology of the time, don't know if that would work today.

True..but the Israelis were doing it on purpose. For this to work with the Indian Air guys they would have to be in on it too.
Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 20, 2014, 04:06:13 AM
I would be very surprised to learn that the debris discovered by the Australians is, indeed, the missing Malaysian flight. It simply doesnt make sense.

If the aircraft was hijacked, why would it be all the way down there? And, if the aircraft was experiencing massive mechanical problems, why would it be down there?

I think it's just floating junk, possibly a shipping container. But...nothing about this case makes sense.

I dont know..maybe depends on ocean currents from the crash site(if it crashed).   the more I look into this the more screwy it gets....Maybe it went thru a portal?

Quote from: Grov505th on March 20, 2014, 07:40:41 AM
True..but the Israelis were doing it on purpose. For this to work with the Indian Air guys they would have to be in on it too.
I dont know..maybe depends on ocean currents from the crash site(if it crashed).   the more I look into this the more screwy it gets....Maybe it went thru a portal?

Yeah, look, I`m about ready to accept the sNoory portal theory.  This whole ordeal is just crazy. I even heard a respected CNN talking head talk about the possibility of a black hole (HAHAHAHAHA). Now, I admit, in my younger days, I experienced a few black holes that...nm.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 20, 2014, 04:06:13 AM

If the plane was under intelligent control it makes no sense to just fly to the middle of the ocean and run out of fuel... Though wasn't there a James Bond film where they crashed a bomber into the ocean to steal the nukes it was carrying?

I do t know if anyone else has speculated on this... But with the high level of computer control on this craft... Could it have been hacked? Then you crash it 7 hours off course so it will never be found in order to cover the tracks off the test run... Just a thought

Quote from: The Neverender on March 20, 2014, 09:06:55 AM

I do t know if anyone else has speculated on this... But with the high level of computer control on this craft... Could it have been hacked? Then you crash it 7 hours off course so it will never be found in order to cover the tracks off the test run... Just a thought

At this juncture, anything is possible. I just think the thing went into the ocean about  3000 miles Northeast of where they are currently searching.

wr250

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 20, 2014, 09:15:13 AM
At this juncture, anything is possible. I just think the thing went into the ocean about  3000 miles Northeast of where they are currently searching.

even the sasquatch/angels/farrakhan angle? :p

VtaGeezer

Now that Oz has released the sat photos, I'm giving more credence to Courtney Love's find.  Oz should ask for their money back; I get better imagery on Google Earth.

Quote from: wr250 on March 20, 2014, 09:16:08 AM
even the sasquatch/angels/farrakhan angle? :p

Calypso Louie is probably behind it. The Wheel in the sky?

Grov505th

Holy Christ....so both the P8 and Aussie P3 didnt find anything..Is this going to be our Amehlia
earhart or Flight 19.

Juan

I just learned from CNN that a black hole could not have sucked in the airplane because a "small black hole" would suck in the universe.
I love anchors.  They're usually even dumber than drummers.

Quote from: Juan on March 20, 2014, 10:48:08 AM
I just learned from CNN that a black hole could not have sucked in the airplane because a "small black hole" would suck in the universe.
I love anchors.  They're usually even dumber than drummers.

Almost as good as this little nugget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs23CjIWMgA

VtaGeezer

There's actually zero evidence of foul play; other than speculation to fill cable TV air time. I now think that the reported time of the last message is wrong, like almost everything the Malaysians have reported since this sad demonstration of incompetence began, and has mislead everything.

PS-Now they've announced that the Oz images were taken FOUR DAYS AGO!!

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 20, 2014, 11:02:28 AM
There's actually zero evidence of foul play; other than speculation to fill cable TV air time. I now think that the reported time of the last message is wrong, like almost everything the Malaysians have reported since this sad demonstration of incompetence began, and has mislead everything.

PS-Now they've announced that the Oz images were taken FOUR DAYS AGO!!

I`m not so sure. The air crew turned off the ACARS and ship`s transponder. This is AFTER they made their turn to the West. There is absolutely NO other reason to do that unless they sought to be more difficult to track. In which case, we`re probably looking at terrorism.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 20, 2014, 11:17:44 AM

This is AFTER they made their turn to the West.
That's based on Malaysian ATC; and seeing the  performance of Malaysian organizations to date, I wouldn't believe anything they've said without a 2nd source.  Accept their hand-off msg time and NOTHING makes any sense.  Ignore it, and assume the message was before the turn and EVERYTHING makes perfect sense.

Grov505th

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 20, 2014, 11:56:16 AM
That's based on Malaysian ATC; and seeing the  performance of Malaysian organizations to date, I wouldn't believe anything they've said without a 2nd source.  Accept their hand-off msg time and NOTHING makes any sense.  Ignore it, and assume the message was before the turn and EVERYTHING makes perfect sense.

Like I siad earlier, I would love to see all the ATC logs and Radar Data, something is not making sense, I am wondering if someone in the Malaysian ATC is playing CYA.