• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ge30542

Quote from: Dyna-X on April 17, 2016, 03:26:13 PM
Got their Super Wifi 3 and Repeater System.  Performance was terrible and reduced my speed to slightly better than dial-up. Same computer, same location with an off the shelf $20 Hawking rubber duck 3dB USB antenna outperformed CCrane's rinky dink setup.  At least they were professional about a refund.
I got the C Crane catalog. Works okay.

MR. Spock

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2016, 11:39:50 AM
Knapp night tonight on C2C
I do enjoy listening to Knapp.

changes2012

Funny thing is Art gave Alex his fame -- years ago Alex wasn't as wacky as he has become over the last 10 years...I used to like him a lot -- now he's just scary. I actually think that 'someone' or 'something' has taken over Alex Jones and he is the government plant...and doesn't even know it...

Quote from: ge30542 on April 17, 2016, 03:42:12 PM
I got the C Crane catalog. Works okay.

This should be the URQ - Upper Right Quote.

trostol

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2016, 11:39:50 AM
Knapp night tonight on C2C

even though it is UFO's...i might tune in cause its like Australian UFP's or something i think i read..could be a bit more interesting

scottydawg

Dear Art,
I think it's time before you shuffle off this mortal coil, or succumb to Alzheimer's that you relay to someone trustworthy
the location of the Bigfoot grave. It would be good to know the truth. If your deceased friend actually shot a bigfoot
and buried it, whoever you send to dig it up  finds a Bigfoot remains it would be a new chapter in science and evolution.
Plus it would be a tribute to your friend's hard work.

But if he shot a human being by accident it would be nice for the family that lost a loved one to be able to receive the remains and lay them to rest with a proper burial. 

Roswells, Art

Quote from: scottydawg on April 17, 2016, 06:01:58 PM
   Dear Art,
I think it's time before you shuffle off this mortal coil, or succumb to Alzheimer's that you relay to someone trustworthy
the location of the Bigfoot grave. It would be good to know the truth. If your deceased friend actually shot a bigfoot
and buried it, whoever you send to dig it up  finds a Bigfoot remains it would be a new chapter in science and evolution.
Plus it would be a tribute to your friend's hard work.

But if he shot a human being by accident it would be nice for the family that lost a loved one to be able to receive the remains and lay them to rest with a proper burial.

I think he said he lost the map in a move.

coaster

GravitySucks

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 17, 2016, 06:07:08 PM
I think he said he lost the map in a move.

While the show was going on, I was viewing satellite imagery of the are Bugs was describing and I am pretty sure I pinpointed the spot based on the directions he was giving and the area he was describing. I sent it to Art. I am not sure if I have the screen print I did, but over the next couple of weeks I have to search some old hard drives anyways. I will see if I can find it.

coaster

Knapp should have taken over Art's spot.  but Keith, who I imagine is spending his life savings instead of Art touching his nest egg, is paying for it. No one can afford Knapp. And he is the the greatest radio host ever, next to Art.
I really like this clown too. Shame his ears don't work. Threaten that hoover, buddy. I actually really miss this guy. Ian is a lot of fun. Fuck I need a radio.

Auslandia

Quote from: coaster on April 17, 2016, 06:34:30 PM
Knapp should have taken over Art's spot.  but Keith, who I imagine is spending his life savings instead of Art touching his nest egg, is paying for it. No one can afford Knapp. And he is the the greatest radio host ever, next to Art.
I really like this clown too. Shame his ears don't work. Threaten that hoover, buddy. I actually really miss this guy. Ian is a lot of fun. Fuck I need a radio.

I like Ian too but respect points diminish rapidly due to him being a bible banger.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Auslandia on April 17, 2016, 07:27:18 PM
I like Ian too but respect points diminish rapidly due to him being a bible banger.
Yeah, and if I remember correctly, he HATED witches.  I always thought it was because of that bible verse.  That's like saying you hate Baptists.  There are Baptists who live and let live and who care for the environment.  There are witches who are instruments for good on the planet.

When a person has such a bias, which seems to come from nowhere, I tend not to trust their opinions on other things, as well. 

Wonderlust

Question re:  sustaining quality over a 5 hr nightly program.

Imo...C2C manages because technically it's approx. a 180 min show after adverts.
The only other 5 hr. Is Clyde. Not nearly the sponsorship ,but intentionally  redundant after hr. 3

Both programs have seasoned pros as hosts which helps greatly to expand intellectually on most subject matter .

MITD without experienced host, and without 24 min. sponsorship per. hour; I see real struggle to put together quality 5 hr x 5 weekly

Mr. Fidget

https://youtu.be/Bi0r34ztSP8
Art, you need more "go for it" in your life.

He was hardly that.  He did everything he could think of to distance himself from 'Bible bangers'.  To the point where it seemed to me the only reason he was involved with religion at all was for the intellectual and philosophical research and study, and to have a second job where he got paid to hear himself talk.

There are a lot of anti-Christian bigots out there, it's one of the last areas in out society where bigotry is acceptable.   If Ian's comments on religion aren't acceptable, then wow. 

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 17, 2016, 09:38:31 PM
He was hardly that.  He did everything he could think of to distance himself from 'Bible bangers'.  To the point where it seemed to me the only reason he was involved with religion at all was for the intellectual and philosophical research and study, and to have a second job where he got paid to hear himself talk.

There are a lot of anti-Christian bigots out there, it's one of the last areas in out society where bigotry is acceptable.   If Ian's comments on religion aren't acceptable, then wow.

I agree with this. There were times listening where I thought Ian was a closet atheist.

GravitySucks

I agree with that 100%. He would only discuss the bible to correct guests that brought it up first. That's the way I remember it. I remember caller asking for his views on Revelations and he declined.

coaster

Hes always been religious though. Catholic I think. Even before his jaunt into radio. I'm a devout atheist, and I love Ian.

coaster

I thought Ian worked in the church. Deacon and all that. Regardless. Hes a good host.

GravitySucks

Quote from: coaster on April 17, 2016, 09:49:34 PM
Hes always been religious though. Catholic I think. Even before his jaunt into radio. I'm a devout atheist, and I love Ian.

Episcopalian

coaster

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2016, 09:52:30 PM
Episcopalian
Ah. I wonder if I could turn him.... The spaghetti monster brings meatballs to his faithful..

GravitySucks

Quote from: coaster on April 17, 2016, 09:59:32 PM
Ah. I wonder if I could turn him.... The spaghetti monster brings meatballs to his faithful..

If it comes in a covered dish, it may be worth a shot. I think episcopalian's are very partial to covered dish get togethers.

nathan

Art's in the hospital. Just posted on Facebook. Seems happy!

norland2424

Quote from: nathan on April 17, 2016, 10:40:53 PM
Art's in the hospital. Just posted on Facebook. Seems happy!

jazmunda

Quote from: norland2424 on April 17, 2016, 10:42:58 PM

I call BS. That's not a real hospital room. The monitor is on the wrong finger.

Get well soon Art.

zeebo

Hope ya feel better Art. 

coaster

Quote from: norland2424 on April 17, 2016, 10:42:58 PM

That sucks actually. I want so bad to joke and say they are removing the stick from his ass, but considering I literally see hospital walls ever day, I really do wish him well. Hospitals suck. Being sick sucks. Get well soon, Art.
Seriously. Get well soon bud.