• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Bonanza Pilot

Quote from: MV on April 16, 2016, 07:31:40 PM
i think the ccradio cost around $175 and AM reception was no better than my car's stereo.  actually, i recall instances where the dash stereo outperformed the ccradio, an expensive "world class AM radio."

I bought one to listen to C2C on the night shift back in the early 2000's. Lasted less than a year before what ever was holding the AC adapter pin broke and it disappeared inside the radio while plugging it in one night. Thing was a pile of shit.

73s

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 16, 2016, 07:48:57 PM
Mine died around 2008. It simply stopped turning on and just went dead as a doornail. But I got A LOT of use out of that thing. Bought it used in a pawnshop in like 1995.

If you want we could take to PMs (so as not to bore everyone here!) and I could tell you more about mine. I've experienced something like that and mine came back out of it.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: 73s on April 16, 2016, 07:54:47 PM
If you want we could take to PMs (so as not to bore everyone here!) and I could tell you more about mine. I've experienced something like that and mine came back out of it.

I find it interesting. I had thought about buying one eventually.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 16, 2016, 07:56:35 PM
I find it interesting. I had thought about buying one eventually.

If you get one in good shape and working, you'll love it.

jazmunda

Quote from: ziznak on April 16, 2016, 07:31:43 PM
i can't unsee this... damn my eyes!!!

Holy crap. That's your best work yet.

Quote from: ge30542 on April 16, 2016, 07:19:14 PM
Inglorius Bitch, if I'm correctly remembering your voice from a gabcast, did you once phone Art Speaking about cans of film and your deceased father, was that you? Or am I wrong. Sounded like the voice from gabcast which I believe is/was yours.
No, I've never called Art or any radio show other than the Gabcast.

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 16, 2016, 07:12:07 PM
Wait, what's this? I always assumed whorge was lying like he always does.

Quote from: Art Bell on April 04, 2015, 06:36:18 PM
Ok, I want to correct something. George did ask a Lawyer to help me with my Wife's visa. I received a email from this Lawyer but by then I had already contacted the Congress people in my State so I told him I already had help. I had thousands of people sending email on this subject and since I never ended up using him it was easily overlooked. So in fact he did try to help and I only know know this because George sent me a copy of the email.

On another front we have sent corrected language to our friends and await a reply but this of course moves it to a new Week. Groan, like the Air Force for me.....Hurry up and wait.

Art

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 16, 2016, 06:43:32 PM
1 out of 4?    Might as well just head to the Radio Shack with those odds

I'm 0 for 2, the VersaCorda never did work right, then stopped working entirely after a few months.  My C-Crane radio was wildly overpriced and worked no better than a $20 radio I could have bought anywhere.

Thanks Art, for recommending them personally and telling me how great they were.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Bonanza Pilot on April 16, 2016, 07:52:37 PM
I bought one to listen to C2C on the night shift back in the early 2000's. Lasted less than a year before what ever was holding the AC adapter pin broke and it disappeared inside the radio while plugging it in one night. Thing was a pile of shit.

yeah, i think i bought mine in late 2003 or early 2004.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 16, 2016, 08:25:46 PM
Thanks Art, for recommending them personally and telling me how great they were.

I actually liked Pizza Punch.

CornyCrow

Quote from: MV on April 16, 2016, 06:07:23 PM
what i've bought from ccrane:

1) sangean ats-909 shortwave - awesome radio.

2) ccradio - overpriced lump of plastic. buy a cheap AM radio and be done with it.

3) ccflashlight - ccrane's LED flashlight.  worst flashlight i've owned.  threw it out the window at 75MPH.  roundly disappointing product.
Yes.  My experience is similar.  A few Sangeans that I bought through Amazon that have the best reception that I've gotten from a simple radio and two cheap and overpriced plastic things that I've discarded from CCrane. 

CornyCrow

Quote from: MV on April 16, 2016, 07:31:40 PM
i think the ccradio cost around $175 and AM reception was no better than my car's stereo.  actually, i recall instances where the dash stereo outperformed the ccradio, an expensive "world class AM radio."
Funny, how we were all so quiet about this junk peddler - probably because we all had such respect for Art and wanted the best for him.  We're such good people, and so easily played, it seems.

73s

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on April 16, 2016, 08:50:36 PM
I actually liked Pizza Punch.

Does pizza punch still exist? I need to get hooked up with this. And I keep hearing about chaga.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 73s on April 16, 2016, 09:16:14 PM
Does pizza punch still exist? I need to get hooked up with this. And I keep hearing about chaga.

The company that made it makes a similar product, but if you spend some time with Google you can find a recipe from a pizza place in NYC that is probably the original that Ramona tasted. If I stumble across it again, I will let you know.

Found the recipe I had stumbled across one day

jazmunda

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 16, 2016, 09:20:33 PM
The company that made it makes a similar product, but if you spend some time with Google you can find a recipe from a pizza place in NYC that is probably the original that Ramona tasted. If I stumble across it again, I will let you know.

I thought Ramona tasted it at a pizza place in Paris.

K_Dubb

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 16, 2016, 09:20:33 PM

Oh I am disappointed.  I thought it was a drink.  Like a big punchbowl full of something like Bloody Marys but seasoned with oregano and garnished with pepperoni and mozzarella.

WOTR

Quote from: Segundus on April 16, 2016, 09:13:57 PM
Funny, how we were all so quiet about this junk peddler - probably because we all had such respect for Art and wanted the best for him.  We're such good people, and so easily played, it seems.
Probably because you recognized that trusting somebody who is being paid to advertise something was... Foolish?  You do recognize that this is the exact reason that companies pay the local guy on your AM station to advertise "colon blow", a celebrity to endorse a brand of soft drink or Art Bell to advertise a radio... Because it works.

Did anybody really believe that the guy with the bad back... The really bad back found a $20 000 miracle cure to back pain?  Why would expect your Ccrane radio to be different?

***To be fair, I had considered buying one- He did make it sound good.  But in the end, I did not bother....

ge30542

Quote from: WOTR on April 16, 2016, 09:52:46 PM
Probably because you recognized that trusting somebody who is being paid to advertise something was... Foolish?  You do recognize that this is the exact reason that companies pay the local guy on your AM station to advertise "colon blow", a celebrity to endorse a brand of soft drink or Art Bell to advertise a radio... Because it works.

Did anybody really believe that the guy with the bad back... The really bad back found $20 000 miracle cure to back pain?  Why would expect your Ccrane radio to be different.

***To be fair, I had considered buying one- He did make it sound good.  But in the end, I did not bother....
So, what, should I cancel my order of Arctic chaga, and goat milk soap?

GravitySucks

Quote from: jazmunda on April 16, 2016, 09:33:27 PM
I thought Ramona tasted it at a pizza place in Paris.

Could be. Who goes to Paris to eat pizza?

ge30542

Quote from: MV on April 16, 2016, 07:32:55 PM
funny you should say that, because i was driving a semi when i did that.  it was at about 1AM in the arizona desert.
You've mentioned your semi driving years.
I did, however, take artistic license with the Dodge Dart.

ItsOver

Quote from: ge30542 on April 16, 2016, 09:59:25 PM
No, but you may be better of eating the goat milk soap and smoking the chaga.

CornyCrow

Quote from: WOTR on April 16, 2016, 09:52:46 PM

Did anybody really believe that the guy with the bad back... The really bad back found a $20 000 miracle cure to back pain?  Why would expect your Ccrane radio to be different?

Well, there's a lesson here to always research things on the internet.  Back in the day I did not do that.   

The thing is, several of us were disappointed with the CC products and I have not noticed any of us mentioning it until now.   So, even though WE were bamboozled, we allowed others on Bellgab to waste their money on this shoddy stuff for the sake of our misplaced loyalty to Art.

I don't remember anyone of us saying we really like Art but his sponsor is crap.   

zeebo

I love my little CC Solar Observer.  Batteries last forever, especially if you augment with solar power.  Reception is good, and the weather band saved me during a huge storm in the Sierras.  I ended up getting a few for friends and family as well, as emergency radios since they have manual crank power as well.  My only gripe is it doesn't have SW like my old Grundig.

WOTR

Quote from: ge30542 on April 16, 2016, 09:59:25 PM
No need to go overboard.  Radios and "colon blow" are peddled by those who would do anything for a buck.  Chaga is endorsed by a pillar of honesty and integrity (you should also join paranormal date.)

Auslandia

Chaga only buys ads from reputable people

Gruntled

Have a Sangean PR-D5. Great MW [am] reception and really good FM too. It's been flawless.
Sony 7600GR for SW along with Tecsun PL-310's, Couple of Grundig G8 Travellar II I got for $19.95. Great deal.
Many others but no CCranes.
  I believe most CCrane's are rebadged  Sangean, Tecsun. or Redsun units built to CCrane specs.
QC can be hit or miss with all of these and staying up on the latest fixes/versions helps minimizes getting a lemon.

GravitySucks

Knapp night tonight on C2C

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 16, 2016, 10:05:15 PM
Could be. Who goes to Paris to eat pizza?
the same kind of person that lives in Japan, yet constantly eats at McDonald's?

I always thought the CCrane company was just an elaborate ruse so Bob could make frequent "research" trips to Thailand.

Anybody buy any gold plated roses?

Regarding the radios, I power my Sirius unit with a 10,000 mah cell phone charger. I put the Sirius on the FM transmitter and play it through an older radio I have.
Roughly 17 hours of life on the Sirius unit when powered by the portable battery.

Dyna-X

Quote from: MV on April 16, 2016, 06:07:23 PM
what i've bought from ccrane:

1) sangean ats-909 shortwave - awesome radio.

2) ccradio - overpriced lump of plastic. buy a cheap AM radio and be done with it.

3) ccflashlight - ccrane's LED flashlight.  worst flashlight i've owned.  threw it out the window at 75MPH.  roundly disappointing product.

Got their Super Wifi 3 and Repeater System.  Performance was terrible and reduced my speed to slightly better than dial-up. Same computer, same location with an off the shelf $20 Hawking rubber duck 3dB USB antenna outperformed CCrane's rinky dink setup.  At least they were professional about a refund.