• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ge30542

Girl Noory used to say evil hateful things about Dave. He had the balls to engage his detractors. Heather's not allowed to come here cause Daddy Art says "this place is mean".
They're both a couple of fuckin hypocrites, one, with talent, one, without.

A 39-year old woman being controlled by a 70 something year old...

Roswells, Art

Quote from: VoteQuimby on April 16, 2016, 05:28:50 PM

Or the other way around?  :(

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 16, 2016, 05:40:50 PM

Much goat soap is needed to wash my hands of these two. Filthy. 

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 16, 2016, 05:40:50 PM

39-year old woman isn't telling 70-something year old what websites he can go on.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: VoteQuimby on April 16, 2016, 05:47:58 PM
39-year old woman isn't telling 70-something year old what websites he can go on.

It's probably more like, "Heather, stop reading about yourself on the internet and do some show prep!" heh.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: VoteQuimby on April 16, 2016, 05:28:50 PM

"Who's yer' Daddy' ? .......
Kind of creepy ....

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 73s on April 16, 2016, 03:01:16 PM
We're on the same page, brother! I'd LOVE to see that. I'd love to see Art and GNoory exchange barbs on here, lol

it did happen once.  well, i don't know about "barbs," per se, but they did go back and forth for a few posts.  the universe promptly exploded.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 73s on April 16, 2016, 03:21:52 PM
That reminds me, I fired up the good 'ole C.Crane "VersaCorder" to record his first on-air episode of MITD last summer (a nearby radio station in Virginia was airing it on AM). And the LCD on THAT thing was also completely fried! Cheap POS display. Someone else was commenting that all the C.Crane radios had poor quality control too. I haven't purchased any. The 'corder was about 15 years old but the display shouldn't be bad, I've got far older displays that still work fine!

what i've bought from ccrane:

1) sangean ats-909 shortwave - awesome radio.

2) ccradio - overpriced lump of plastic. buy a cheap AM radio and be done with it.

3) ccflashlight - ccrane's LED flashlight.  worst flashlight i've owned.  threw it out the window at 75MPH.  roundly disappointing product.

Quote from: ItsOver on April 16, 2016, 03:05:05 PM
One of the BG high points, when AB and Jorch we're in a posting exchange, back before Dark Matter on Sirius and then when Jorch was "poaching" DM guests.  Jorch pretty much tucked his tail between his legs and rolled-over for Art.  Good times!  Good times!  :D

I thought the Snorge came out on top in those exchanges.

Art never demonstrated George was threatening guests, as he claimed.  What George said he told the guests about appearing on both shows too closely together rang true.  I think Art should have expected C2C to poach guests - when he personally attacked Noory and was competing with them.  Art also had to walk back his denial that George recommended an immigration attorney to him for Irene.

Art has very clearly shown he's going to say whatever he thinks is going to make him look good at the time.  What he hasn't learned yet is people normally come out looking better when they tell the truth.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: MV on April 16, 2016, 06:07:23 PM

2) ccradio - overpriced lump of plastic. buy a cheap AM radio and be done with it.

3) ccflashlight - ccrane's LED flashlight.  worst flashlight i've owned.  threw it out the window at 75MPH.  roundly disappointing product.

I'm surprised. I figured it would be quality stuff.

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 16, 2016, 06:16:11 PM
I'm surprised. I figured it would be quality stuff.

Oidar fam, oidar...   ;D

MV/Liberace!

i forgot to include:

the ccrane FM transmitter.  it was riddled with electrical noise, had poor range, poor build quality, and was just useless, overall.  adding insult to injury, it was overpriced.

Quote from: MV on April 16, 2016, 06:41:56 PM
i forgot to include:

the ccrane FM transmitter.  it was riddled with electrical noise, had poor range, poor build quality, and was just useless, overall.  adding insult to injury, it was overpriced.

1 out of 4?    Might as well just head to the Radio Shack with those odds

73s

Quote from: MV on April 16, 2016, 06:41:56 PM
i forgot to include:

That's too bad. I was curious to purchase one of their radios in the 90s/early 00's after hearing so many Bell radio ads promoting how amazing the sensitivity was of their AM radio, but reviews on the net never looked that good and now I'm kind of glad I resisted.

ItsOver

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 16, 2016, 03:14:55 PM
I actually hate that picture. It broke my brain a little. Please don't do that again.
It's interesting to see that when you merge Noory's and Art's images... you almost end up with... Floyd The Barber.  :o

"Ohhhh, my!"

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 16, 2016, 06:07:47 PM
Art also had to walk back his denial that George recommended an immigration attorney to him for Irene.

Wait, what's this? I always assumed whorge was lying like he always does.

ge30542

I have a great visual of a semi flying down I70 with a flashlight being hurled out the window at a passing elderly couple in a 1974 Dodge Dart.

ge30542

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 16, 2016, 07:12:07 PM
Wait, what's this? I always assumed whorge was lying like he always does.
Inglorius Bitch, if I'm correctly remembering your voice from a gabcast, did you once phone Art Speaking about cans of film and your deceased father, was that you? Or am I wrong. Sounded like the voice from gabcast which I believe is/was yours.

Quote from: ge30542 on April 16, 2016, 07:16:15 PM
I have a great visual of a semi flying down I70 with a flashlight being hurled out the window at a passing elderly couple in a 1974 Dodge Dart.

;D  ;D  ;D

Hearing C-Crane is crap is so illusion shattering, it's making me question my trust in my perception of reality.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 16, 2016, 06:43:32 PM
1 out of 4?    Might as well just head to the Radio Shack with those odds

really... most of what i bought from them felt like radio shack level hardware.  the ats-909 was the only item i was pleased by.  i probably bought it in 1995.

i ended up leaving it at a radio station i was working at.  forgot to take it when i quit.  the station had no proper way to monitor yourself while speaking on air, so i got sick of it and brought in the ats-909 to drive my headphones.  worked great, but you had to turn the RF gain waaaay down since the transmitter tower was right behind the building.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 73s on April 16, 2016, 06:45:10 PM
That's too bad. I was curious to purchase one of their radios in the 90s/early 00's after hearing so many Bell radio ads promoting how amazing the sensitivity was of their AM radio, but reviews on the net never looked that good and now I'm kind of glad I resisted.

i think the ccradio cost around $175 and AM reception was no better than my car's stereo.  actually, i recall instances where the dash stereo outperformed the ccradio, an expensive "world class AM radio."

ziznak

i can't unsee this... damn my eyes!!!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ge30542 on April 16, 2016, 07:16:15 PM

funny you should say that, because i was driving a semi when i did that.  it was at about 1AM in the arizona desert.

73s

Quote from: MV on April 16, 2016, 07:31:40 PM
i think the ccradio cost around $175 and AM reception was no better than my car's stereo.  actually, i recall instances where the dash stereo outperformed the ccradio, an expensive "world class AM radio."

FYI, the best AM portable I've ever had was an old Sony ICF-2010 with a homemade loop antenna. Bought that radio in the late 1980s -- its LCD still works, lol. That was a shortwave radio with FM and aircraft freqs. But that one ran over $300 even in those days  :D

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: MV on April 16, 2016, 07:28:47 PM
really... most of what i bought from them felt like radio shack level hardware.  the ats-909 was the only item i was pleased by.  i probably bought it in 1995.

i ended up leaving it at a radio station i was working at.  forgot to take it when i quit.  the station had no proper way to monitor yourself while speaking on air, so i got sick of it and brought in the ats-909 to drive my headphones.  worked great, but you had to turn the RF gain waaaay down since the transmitter tower was right behind the building.

I've had several Sangean radios over the years. They were all great.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: 73s on April 16, 2016, 07:35:45 PM
FYI, the best AM portable I've ever had was an old Sony ICF-2010 with a homemade loop antenna. Bought that radio in the late 1980s -- its LCD still works, lol. That was a shortwave radio with FM and aircraft freqs. But that one ran over $300 even in those days  :D

I had one of those. It died long ago, but it was a great shortwave radio.

73s

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 16, 2016, 07:43:28 PM
I had one of those. It died long ago, but it was a great shortwave radio.

Mine has some hiccups now in its old age (approaching 30 years), but still works (knocking gently on plastic case)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: 73s on April 16, 2016, 07:47:03 PM
Mine has some hiccups now in its old age (approaching 30 years), but still works (knocking gently on plastic case)

Mine died around 2008. It simply stopped turning on and just went dead as a doornail. But I got A LOT of use out of that thing. Bought it used in a pawnshop in like 1995.