Quote from: 14 on June 17, 2018, 05:12:36 PM
Croquet.

Fourteen

That is a game. Not a sport.

Flat cat frisbee is a sport.

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 17, 2018, 05:09:29 PM
Yep. Golf is gayer than badminton.

Yep.  There is no pretentiousness in badminton.  The shuttlecock knows it's place. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on June 17, 2018, 05:14:41 PM
There is no pretentiousness in badminton.  The shuttlecock knows it's place.

If they had goalies in golf it would be more interesting.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on June 17, 2018, 05:05:54 PM
Nope. That'd be golf.   :D

What?! How dare you, sir! >:(

OK, some of the clothes are pretty gay but not the sport itself. ;)

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 17, 2018, 05:15:29 PM
If they had goalies in golf it would be more interesting.

Or landmines on the course.

ShayP

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 17, 2018, 05:16:07 PM
What?! How dare you, sir! >:(

OK, some of the clothes are pretty gay but not the sport itself. ;)

pffft!  Don't get me started.  ;D

Jojo

Quote from: ShayP on June 17, 2018, 05:16:16 PM
Or landmines on the course.
Well, an errant puck is a like a little cannonball if you aren't careful.

Fourteen

ShayP

Quote from: 14 on June 17, 2018, 05:28:13 PM
Well, an errant puck is a like a little cannonball if you aren't careful.

Fourteen

Tell me about it.  :-[

Jojo

Quote from: ShayP on June 17, 2018, 05:30:13 PM
Tell me about it.  :-[
Oh, no!  Obviously it didn't get you in the head.  I hope that ball didn't try to find its own kind on impact!

Fourteen

Taaroa

GravitySucks

Quote from: Taaroa on June 17, 2018, 06:18:37 PM
And America are the hosts in 2026...

If LA is still part of the US by then.

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 17, 2018, 06:23:07 PM
If LA is still part of the US by then.

I hope California itself is not.

Zetaspeak

Quote from: ShayP on June 17, 2018, 03:42:29 PM
It's not too late.   :D

Hummmm Just not sure what the set up should be. I guess the most simple way to do it is choose your final 4 (4 teams with most wins in tournament) 2 points for group stage win, 1 point tie, 2 points for knockout wins. GET your picks in before 2pm est tomorrow (Russia-Egypt) Counting wins start from the second game of the group stage (Russia-Egypt). Most total points earned WINS. (In case of a tie, Give your final and World Cup winner)

My 4 Picks. Portugal, Mexico, Spain, Germany.
Finals: Portugal-Germany. Winner- Germany

ShayP

Quote from: Zetaspeak on June 18, 2018, 09:14:27 AM
Hummmm Just not sure what the set up should be. I guess the most simple way to do it is choose your final 4 (4 teams with most wins in tournament) 2 points for group stage win, 1 point tie, 2 points for knockout wins. GET your picks in before 2pm est tomorrow (Russia-Egypt) Counting wins start from the second game of the group stage (Russia-Egypt). Most total points earned WINS. (In case of a tie, Give your final and World Cup winner)

Cool.  :) 

I'll post mine in a few hours.   8)

albrecht

Quote from: Taaroa on June 17, 2018, 06:18:37 PM
And America are the hosts in 2026...
Have they announced sites yet? Will be brutal for the Europeans with the heat and brutal for supporters will the travel distances and TSA/Customs regulations (isn't it somehow a general N.America plan? USA, Canada, and Mexico?) and general state of air travel. Or will the continent be 'united' per globalist dreams by then?

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on June 18, 2018, 12:07:42 PM
Have they announced sites yet?

No official cities mentioned yet, but the tournament field is expanding to 48 teams, which means there will be 80 games in all, with 60 of them in the United States, while Mexico and Canada split the other 20.

The tournament will open with a group stage consisting of 16 groups of three teams, with the top two teams progressing from each group to a knockout tournament starting with a round of 32 teams.  The number of games played overall will increase from 64 to 80, but the number of games played by finalists remains at seven, the same as with 32 teams, except that one group match will be replaced by a knockout match. The tournament will also be completed within 32 days, same as previous 32-team tournaments.

Not sure how I feel about the changes.  Too many groups in my opinion.  Kind of confusing.

Rix Gins

I got to watch the whole England vs Tunisia game earlier today.  The first half ended 1 to 1 but it should have been 4 to 1 in England's favor.  But the score is typical though, because players tend to get fidgety feet when they are fortunate enough to get a rebound shot off from inside the penalty area.   Thankfully, Captain Kane kept his wits about him and drove in a wonderful headshot to take the lead in the closing minutes of the game.  England 2 to 1.  I like what I see in England.  I hope that they will be able to take more precise shots when the opportunity presents itself.

I also liked what I saw in the stands...two achingly beautiful Tunisian girls who had lips of cherry red.  The camera guy who selects close up fan reaction shots thought so too.  He filmed the two girls twice.

Zetaspeak

]
Quote from: ShayP on June 18, 2018, 12:53:16 PM
No official cities mentioned yet, but the tournament field is expanding to 48 teams, which means there will be 80 games in all, with 60 of them in the United States, while Mexico and Canada split the other 20.

The tournament will open with a group stage consisting of 16 groups of three teams, with the top two teams progressing from each group to a knockout tournament starting with a round of 32 teams.  The number of games played overall will increase from 64 to 80, but the number of games played by finalists remains at seven, the same as with 32 teams, except that one group match will be replaced by a knockout match. The tournament will also be completed within 32 days, same as previous 32-team tournaments.

Not sure how I feel about the changes.  Too many groups in my opinion.  Kind of confusing.

The group games are going to be garbage. They spread out the quality nations among the 16 groups, therefore making the talent level between the 3 teams HUGE in each group huge. You add in 2/3 (66%) of the teams advancing, the group stage will be totally meaningless. I just randomized a 1-16 fifa rank, a 17-32 ranked, and 33-48) and a potential group could be (12-England, 20-Croatia, 47-Ghana) with 2 out of 3 advancing, really think these group stages will have little drama

Quote from: Rix Gins on June 18, 2018, 05:17:05 PM
I also liked what I saw in the stands...two achingly beautiful Tunisian girls who had lips of cherry red.  The camera guy who selects close up fan reaction shots thought so too.  He filmed the two girls twice.

A remember a previous World Cup a friend of mine got this feed that allowed you to choose which camera you want to watch the game from (ie focus only on the lead player). During half-time one of the feeds would look for attractive women of one team and another feed would scan the crowd for attractive women supporting the other team. Doubt they do it this year because of #MeToo. lol

Remember pick your 4 teams who will get the most wins. Deadline 2pm Tuesday

ShayP

Quote from: Zetaspeak on June 18, 2018, 09:14:27 AM

My 4 Picks = Portugal, Germany, Spain, England.

Finals: Germany - Spain.

Winner: Germany.

paladin1991

Where are all the pics of chicks?

Where are the soccer moms?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 19, 2018, 03:06:18 AM
Where are all the pics of chicks?

Where are the soccer moms?

It's a sport for gay men. ;)

paladin1991

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 19, 2018, 03:10:12 AM
It's a sport for gay men. ;)

Oh.  What position did you play.

Rix Gins

My 4 picks: Brazil, France, Portugal, England.

Finals: Brazil-France. 

Winner- Brazil

Taaroa

Quote from: Rix Gins on June 19, 2018, 03:21:18 AM
Winner- Brazil
I don't have picks as such, but I don't want Brazil to win the cup so that they get no redemption for the 7-1 match.  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk5KWEpgm9A

Rix Gins

Quote from: Taaroa on June 19, 2018, 05:53:21 AM
I don't have picks as such, but I don't want Brazil to win the cup so that they get no redemption for the 7-1 match.  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk5KWEpgm9A

Ha, that was funny.  I don't think you have anything to worry about, though.  France would probably be the stronger team if they were to meet.  Still, I stand by my choice.  When I think of Brazil I see the word 'miracle.'  Thus my pick.

Zetaspeak

Belgium (with the exception of Russia) was the first dominate performance in the World Cup yesterday. For a few tournaments now people always had them as a "look out team" with strong talent but they always mess up along the way. Portugal had the reputation before the Euro 2 years ago, maybe Belgium can now step up?

I thought England was going to England and lose what should be a sure win. But Kane came through in the 90th minute. But let's face it, it would have been a lot more fun seeing the British media react to England losing to a "Where the heck is this  country from?" team of Tunisia

This morning Japan with a huge upset against Columbia. I would think Columbia would be an easy favorite in Group H   

Three players in. Remember get your picks in before Group A/Game 2 starts with Russia and Egypt at 2pm est/ 11am pacific

Rix Gins

Russia looks strong after a 3 to 1 drubbing of Egypt, though they were playing somewhat of a wuss team.  We'll see how they do against Uruguay.  Senegal over Poland, now that's a surprise.  Will we be seeing another 1990 Cameroon like run?  And Japan over Columbia, another surprise.  I may have to watch the replay of that game.  I like to see the Asians play, especially when they win.