• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: AppealPlay on May 03, 2018, 03:32:41 PM
Art had the fashion sense of fat era Steven Seagal.

At least no ponytail.  ;)

Bluejay

If ghosts indeed do exist, then dollars to donuts, I’ll bet Art is still hanging around,  what with all the shit going down right now.  Who can Rest In Peace with all the chaos happening now?

ShayP

Quote from: AppealPlay on May 03, 2018, 03:32:41 PM
Art had the fashion sense of fat era Steven Seagal.

Ha!  LOL!   ;D

aldousburbank

Quote from: Bluejay on May 03, 2018, 04:10:46 PM
If ghosts indeed do exist, then dollars to donuts, I’ll bet Art is still hanging around,  what with all the shit going down right now.  Who can Rest In Peace with all the chaos happening now?

That was definitely him fucking with Tweeker Joe's show last night!

Sean92008

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 03, 2018, 07:10:11 PM
That was definitely him fucking with Tweeker Joe's show last night!
Art didn't do good enough.

He should have had lightning strike Heather's utility junction box on her single wide...

Fucking Art.

N0sferatu

You got that fire, girl!

Art, are you still dead? pls respond.

Catsmile

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 03, 2018, 05:52:17 AM
WS Looks like he should be in The 700 Club

# The 700 Clubs Were In Weeber.
# In UFO 700 Clubs Are In You, Not You In 700 Club.

pate

AppealPlay

I think I've listened to damn near every Art Bell show in the megapack at least once and many multiple times.  Is Ian Punnett doing anything these days?  I need new material.

pate

Eye wreck oh mend yew fin durable host?

ItsOver

Quote from: AppealPlay on May 04, 2018, 11:26:07 PM
I think I've listened to damn near every Art Bell show in the megapack at least once and many multiple times.  Is Ian Punnett doing anything these days?  I need new material.
Here's what was on his Facebook.

PhD, had been teaching Multimedia Journalism at Ohio Northern University, the author of a new book.

https://www.facebook.com/ian.punnett.1

Hog

I'm just catching up on my backlog of Howard Stern episodes and on his April 16, 2018 episode, about 2 hours into the podcast version, not sure when it would be located on the live version, Howard spent about 20 minutes on the death of Art.  Robin was clueless and Howard while hearing about Art, knew surprisingly little about Art Bell.  Howard played a clip about a guy that called in to Art and talked about his craving for human blood, claiming he was a vampire.  The 2nd clip was a guy calling in reporting that the US gov is working with aliens from another world.  This guy had a his voice disguised, so Howard started a small bit with his own voice disguised.
Howard did comment that had heard about the firing guns incident near Arts home.

He then went on to announcing Mitzi Shores death. Pauly Shores Mom.

peace
Hog

Dr Who

Just sitting listening to one of my Art Bell downloads with Evelyn Paglini, Arts mid nineties stuff was really the best.

Lunger

Quote from: Dr Who on May 06, 2018, 12:56:13 AM
Just sitting listening to one of my Art Bell downloads with Evelyn Paglini, Arts mid nineties stuff was really the best.

Paglini...that old fraud.  You are right about the mid-nineties shows.  It was all new back then.  By the 2000's though it is just a bunch of re-hashed same-ol same-ol.

I love how, on the old shows, Art would tell us how his current guest; Morton, Dames, Scallion....et al have a hit rates of 90- 100% as evidenced by their newsletters but somehow going forward with predictions during a given show the prediction rate always seems to be zero.

Good times.  Good times.

bellNwhistle

I didn't start listening til the late 90's.  Listening to the old shows are very nostalgic for me. It makes me think about where I was, my age, etc ..    Heather could never give me that same feeling, and I doubt any other host will. 

AppealPlay

Quote from: ItsOver on May 05, 2018, 10:56:33 AM

PhD, had been teaching Multimedia Journalism at Ohio Northern University, the author of a new book.

Well, that's depressing.

Lunger

Quote from: ItsOver on May 05, 2018, 10:56:33 AM

Wasn't his PhD in divinity?

ShayP

Today I listened to a past interview with Sean Carroll.  Such a good interview from Art.  When talking to people in the science fields, especially astronomy, why can't Noory at least try to ask pertinent questions like Art did?  The interview was so educational and I was left wanting more.  When Noory does it I feel bad for the guest.  Then again it's the easiest interview they will ever do. 

The past few weeks I keep seeing and hearing mentions of an Art Bell moment I've never heard before. He fell out of his back deck while it was under construction during a show break? Anyone know the episode?

Morgus

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on May 06, 2018, 03:15:50 PM
The past few weeks I keep seeing and hearing mentions of an Art Bell moment I've never heard before. He fell out of his back deck while it was under construction during a show break? Anyone know the episode?
Yep I recall that incident in the 1990s.
I think there was a big ditch back there during the construction and Art forgot about that and went out there for a smoke break or something and ended up in the ditch in the dark.
It was kind of on par with the infamous super-glue incident.

Kolchak

I'd like to take a moment to reflect on Art's final tweet.

https://twitter.com/ArtBell51/status/950158179408650240

Was the stalker messing with Art's signal? Did DirectTV ever rectify this?

rangerdavid

Quote from: AppealPlay on May 04, 2018, 11:26:07 PM

Where is the link to the download of this megapack please??

albrecht

Quote from: Kolchak on May 06, 2018, 03:42:08 PM
I'd like to take a moment to reflect on Art's final tweet.

[tweet]950158179408650240[/tweet]

Was the stalker messing with Art's signal? Did DirectTV ever rectify this?
Any idea what content channel is 104? That would result in so much frustration and demand to fix?

Sean92008

Quote from: albrecht on May 06, 2018, 05:04:12 PM
Any idea what content channel is 104? That would result in so much frustration and demand to fix?

That's BoldTV, Filipina/white girl-on-girl action.

Channel 104: a full-time channel with mix of 4K fare, including nature documentaries and original content from the DirecTV/AT&T Audience Network.

Robert

Quote from: ShayP on May 06, 2018, 02:05:13 PMToday I listened to a past interview with Sean Carroll.  Such a good interview from Art.  When talking to people in the science fields, especially astronomy, why can't Noory at least try to ask pertinent questions like Art did?  The interview was so educational and I was left wanting more.  When Noory does it I feel bad for the guest.  Then again it's the easiest interview they will ever do.
"Easiest" only in certain ways.  If they were actually trying to get something across past Mr. Noory's blocking & derailments, then they've got to be some of the hardest interviews.  Probably lousy for selling books.

John Bachelor is often scarily up on the subject matter, even exceeding Milt Rosenberg.

Morgus

I see Airyn Bell posted on Art Bell's facebook page early today: