• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150831 - David Darling - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 31, 2015, 09:58:29 PM

b_dubb

Quote from: jneilschulman on September 02, 2015, 05:14:36 PM
Why don't you ask Bruce Campbell what he thinks about his pal Kevin Sorbo?

I didn't finance the production or distribution of Alongside Night so no "inheritance" was involved. But if anyone wants an example of trolling, you stepped up.
Well my opinion about Sorbo does not involve Bruce Campbell. However my opinion about Bruce Campbell DOES involve Bruce Campbell.  See how that works?

Why don't you quit while you're behind?

jneilschulman

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on September 02, 2015, 05:28:23 PM
Uwe Boll is a better filmmaker than you . . . .

Not only am I confident you haven't watched either of my movies, I'd take long odds you've never watched a Uwe Boll film, either.

jneilschulman

Quote from: b_dubb on September 02, 2015, 05:38:19 PM
Well my opinion about Sorbo does not involve Bruce Campbell. However my opinion about Bruce Campbell DOES involve Bruce Campbell.  See how that works?

Why don't you quit while you're behind?

Tempting.

b_dubb

Quote from: jneilschulman on September 02, 2015, 05:40:23 PM
Tempting.
Are you going to discuss anything besides your stupid movie? Cause this really isn't the place for that.

coaster

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on September 02, 2015, 05:28:23 PM
Uwe Boll is a better filmmaker than you . . . .
Tommy Wiseau is a better filmmaker than he is.

Bradsmith313

Quote from: jneilschulman on September 02, 2015, 05:38:44 PM
Not only am I confident you haven't watched either of my movies, I'd take long odds you've never watched a Uwe Boll film, either.
Actually, I have watched your movies. They suck. Alongside Night was especially wretched. As for Uwe Boll, a guilty pleasure of mine is In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale. Very cheesy but damn it's fun.

Which is more than I can say for your movies. They made the horrific Atlas Shrugged trilogy look like Lord of the Rings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmXyQpribWA

Kolchak

Quote from: jneilschulman on September 02, 2015, 05:25:23 PM
What's predictable here is the pattern of denigration of a movie the troll has not watched, including the inevitable comparisons to people you have to Google to know who they are.

I think it would behoove you to stop assuming anyone who thinks your product is subpar is a "troll." I had zero opinions on your picture until you posted a link to a page featuring several long clips of it, and did come to a conclusion that, on a technical level, it looks awful. If you support the free market, you should probably have a thicker skin about the market rejecting your product.

Bradsmith313

Quote from: Kolchak on September 02, 2015, 06:23:35 PM
I think it would behoove you to stop assuming anyone who thinks your product is subpar is a "troll." I had zero opinions on your picture until you posted a link to a page featuring several long clips of it, and did come to a conclusion that, on a technical level, it looks awful. If you support the free market, you should probably have a thicker skin about the market rejecting your product.
Most "libertarians" support the free market when it suits them. If it falls to their favor, then, they're happy. If a company, such as Starbucks, yields to public opinion and decides to keep open carry of weapons prohibited -- it's not the free market but oppression.

Auslandia

Quote from: jneilschulman on September 02, 2015, 04:55:47 PM
One more review from someone who hasn't bothered to watch the movie. Do you also comment on Art Bell Shows you don't bother listening to?

Jesus dude I was trying to be nice. So anyway,  Best of luck with your movie but arguing about things on Bellgab ain't gonna help anything .

Bradsmith313

Let's see . . . . Watch Alongside Night or watch 1977's ever-hokey Starship Invasions? I'll go with Starship Invasions. Funny thing about that movie they referenced a number of actual UFO cases in it. Some of the film's aliens even resemble aliens from reported cases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESnwxRUxyw

chefist

Quote from: Kolchak on September 02, 2015, 06:23:35 PM

you are still Kolchak! I watched "Night Stalker" in the 70's as a little kid! Made a huge impression...wasn't until the 90's and the X-Files came along that another show on TV came close...Cris Carter was a "Night Stalker" fan...wow...still not much on like it these days...

chefist

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on September 02, 2015, 06:30:29 PM
Most "libertarians" support the free market when it suits them. If it falls to their favor, then, they're happy. If a company, such as Starbucks, yields to public opinion and decides to keep open carry of weapons prohibited -- it's not the free market but oppression.

I'm a Libertarian and have been for years...if a business decides to refuse service, I support that...refuse guns or refuse objectionable religious symbols is the same thing...

Bradsmith313

Quote from: chefist on September 02, 2015, 08:28:44 PM
you are still Kolchak! I watched "Night Stalker" in the 70's as a little kid! Made a huge impression...wasn't until the 90's and the X-Files came along that another show on TV came close...Cris Carter was a "Night Stalker" fan...wow...still not much on like it these days...
I have Night Stalker and the Night Strangler on DVD, along with the original series. And, The Norliss Tapes. Great stuff. I did find the new series in a bargain bin. Meh.

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on September 02, 2015, 08:31:48 PM
I'm a Libertarian and have been for years...if a business decides to refuse service, I support that...refuse guns or refuse objectionable religious symbols is the same thing...
I'm the same way, unless they are receiving public funds, tax-breaks, Federal grants, etc a business, person, club, or whatever should be able to refuse service to anyone they wish, for whatever reason they wish. And people who object simply don't patronize the establishment, don't try to join the club/group, or, better yet, start their own business, club, or whatever. In most egregious cases, the business/club/etc that "discriminates" will likely lose out on business and the more "inclusive" might thrive but that is their business, not ours.

Bradsmith313

Quote from: chefist on September 02, 2015, 08:31:48 PM
I agree. However, a number of "free market" pundits don't agree. They cry foul.

Bradsmith313

Omigod. Starship Invasions really is better than Alongside Night . . . .

chefist

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on September 02, 2015, 08:39:20 PM
I agree. However, a number of "free market" pundits don't agree. They cry foul.

Pundits = Paid, always follow the money...both "Left" and "Right"...I prefer another metric for politics....0 is anarchy and 100 is complete state ran society....

jneilschulman

Quote from: b_dubb on September 02, 2015, 05:44:06 PM
Are you going to discuss anything besides your stupid movie? Cause this really isn't the place for that.

Tell that to the five or six other people on this thread discussing my stupid movie. Why single me out?

chefist

Quote from: jneilschulman on September 02, 2015, 09:07:30 PM
Tell that to the five or six other people on this thread discussing my stupid movie. Why single me out?

I was hoping the stereotype of Hollywood movers and shakers was that, just a stereotype of egomaniacs and drug induced self destruction...

Guess some stereotypes aren't far from the mark...

Give it a rest, bud....could never imagine Spielberg or Cameron going off like you do....