• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151204 - Art Bell Open Lines - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 04, 2015, 04:13:10 PM

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 05, 2015, 01:06:17 AM
The one to the Arctic that was based on a true story that also inspired the original version of The Thing From Another World?  I read 2/3 of it and grew bored.  Something came up and I never finished it. It was simply too long.

A common sentiment as well.   ;)

Zenman

Quote from: zeebo on December 05, 2015, 01:00:51 AM
Would rather hear the Flat Earth debate guy eat a whole lamp.

At 300 miles up. (10% of the way to the Sun.) Now that'd definitely be entertainment.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 05, 2015, 12:58:31 AM
Well. their exact words were, "State your American citizenship."  So I did but my point is a person from Mexico could say that in all honesty.  Still,  I don't fit the profile that they are looking for so they probably just wanted me to move along after stating my citizenship.
They were waiting for you to say "I am a citizen of the republic of <insert State here>"

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: zeebo on December 05, 2015, 01:06:10 AM
and I can't open the wine!

I'm fine. The cheap gin and the vermouth for the martinis have screw off caps.

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on December 05, 2015, 01:07:04 AM
I stalled midway thru book 4 ... but enjoyed up till then.  Guess I should watch the flicks and see what happens to everybody.

read at least til the 5th book then watch..but right around 4/5 is when she started to get like GRRM..more length but less substance..though i still enjoyed them

Quote from: Mild Bill on December 05, 2015, 01:04:43 AM
From the Gospel of Luke, chapter 22, verses 36: "He said to them, 'But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one."

No metaphor there. When the cohort came to arrest him, a disciple drew his sword and cut off the ear of a slave. Was that a metaphorical sword and a metaphorical ear?

For a peaceful man he sure talks about swords. Why does he have armed bodyguards?

Look I don't want to get into an argument on this thread.  I'll add this bit then we can pm each other or take it to another thread.  Jesus admonished that disciple and healed the ear. [Luke 22:51]  Definitely the actions of a violent man...not.  The disciples were frightened for god's sake.  They weren't on the same level as Jesus.  I will say no more.

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on December 05, 2015, 01:09:22 AM
read at least til the 5th book then watch..but right around 4/5 is when she started to get like GRRM...

Heck I only made it thru GRRM's book 3.   ::) :D

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on December 05, 2015, 01:11:36 AM
Heck I only made it thru GRRM's book 3.   ::) :D

yeah his books get...not hard reads but just difficult to get through

Quote from: trostol on December 05, 2015, 01:04:46 AM
which of you stole my bottle opener?
LOL - pull your keychain out of your pocket and use the one on there. Oh Wait, that might just be a Wisconsin thing. ;) I can lend you one.

Quote from: henge0stone on December 05, 2015, 01:10:58 AM
Art's being a sound Nazi
He really is. He wastes so much time complaining about bad audio, that to the listener, isn't that bad.

zeebo

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on December 05, 2015, 01:12:35 AM
LOL - pull your keychain out of your pocket and use the one on there. Oh Wait, that might just be a Wisconsin thing. ;) I can lend you one.

No worries I've always got my teeth.

trostol

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on December 05, 2015, 01:12:52 AM
He really is. He wastes so much time complaining about bad audio, that to the listener, isn't that bad.

TREY!!!!!

Mild Bill

Quote from: henge0stone on December 05, 2015, 01:07:58 AM
Your comparing this to Mohammad who conquered the whole Middle East? A good military leader to be sure but not a religious man in my opinion.

No, I was not comparing Jesus to Mohammed. I was quoting the Gospel stating that Jesus wasn't all that peaceful. He advocated people arming themselves and was personally surrounded by armed bodyguards.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Mild Bill on December 05, 2015, 01:14:19 AM
No, I was not comparing Jesus to Mohammed. I was quoting the Gospel stating that Jesus wasn't all that peaceful. He advocated people arming themselves and was personally surrounded by armed bodyguards.

He was also crucified, the highest punishment in the Roman Empire reserved for sedition, instead of stoned to death as the Jews of the period would have done. Not a great idea to try to establish yourself as a monarch in an occupied country.

popple

How did she see what it looked like through her eyelids?

Rocky4228

An orgasm that goes out through your head sounds messy.

I don't think she has ever had an orgasm in her life.

popple

5MILLION ORGASMS GOING UP YOUR SPINE ALL AT ONE TIME!