• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151204 - Art Bell Open Lines - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 04, 2015, 04:13:10 PM

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 05, 2015, 12:28:55 AM
Is Canada now part of the U.S.?

I always kinda liked that Montberta idea that was floating around for a while.

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on December 05, 2015, 12:30:30 AM
wouldnt mind seeing Elton back in the day either

Forgot about Elton ... also rockin the house in mid-70's.

WOTR

Are we all bloody glad yet that Art refused to bend on his demand for his return of being able to play his music for bumpers?  Some excellent picks again tonight.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: popple on December 05, 2015, 12:30:43 AM
Maybe Russia.

I'd rather be part of Russia than the U.S. with all that NSA spying going on now.

albrecht

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 05, 2015, 12:30:08 AM
1979 US Tour
Nazareth (main)
Thin Lizzy (opening act)
I'm guessing like the addled Aerosmith/GNR tour that the opening act rocked better?

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: WOTR on December 05, 2015, 12:31:00 AM
Are we all bloody glad yet that Art refused to bend on his demand for his return of being able to play his music for bumpers?  Some excellent picks again tonight.

I like most of his choices but he repeats them too much and he rarely if ever plays newer music.

Rocky4228

How come Elton John gets to say bitch on Art's show but we can't?  :P

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 05, 2015, 12:28:00 AM
The problem with saying "Real <name of religion here>" is that none of them are actually "real".  Most of them are nothing but made-up nonsense about some fantasy figure in the sky that you're supposed to pray to (and, oh yeah, don't forget to give money to the folks who run the religion)

I respect your beliefs but I'll just leave it at that. One could argue all night long and one will not convince the other.  I'm not a dogmatic person anyway.

trostol

he needs more though

Quote from: Rocky4228 on December 05, 2015, 12:32:21 AM
How come Elton John gets to say bitch on Art's show but we can't?  :P

You probably can.  I believe that is acceptable on radio these days.

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 05, 2015, 12:28:00 AM
The problem with saying "Real <name of religion here>" is that none of them are actually "real".  Most of them are nothing but made-up nonsense about some fantasy figure in the sky that you're supposed to pray to (and, oh yeah, don't forget to give money to the folks who run the religion)
All the major 8 religions were concocted by the princes of the ruling regimes for crowd control.

Quote from: henge0stone on December 05, 2015, 12:27:48 AM
This is a good point. All the bullshit people mention from the bible is from the old testament which Jesus was all about reforming. Mohammad's religion was founded on violence, this is a fact but now we can get arrested for saying it.

Actually most cannot publish this despite having books ready to go cause publishers are bullied into not publishing, it's really disgusting, when they do publish something the media goes after those people, the Dawkins Sam Harris's of the world. I have no problem with the idea of god but I don't think any religion knows anything about it, and the worst offender and insult sensitivity problems revolve around Islam and their worship of a killer/gang thug Mohammad. Couple this with the fact that most people get a whitewashed story about Mohammad and we have the current world situation of tolerance of a Manson like founded cult.

henge0stone

I feel like Art is like someone on youtube ready to shoot themselves in the face with this light bulb crap, Don't do it Art! You'll cut your mouth and have retire again!

Rocky4228

Did Amy cover the priest in India that was stoned to death by monkeys last night?

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 05, 2015, 12:32:24 AM
I respect your beliefs but I'll just leave it at that. One could argue all night long and one will not convince the other.  I'm not a dogmatic person anyway.

No sweat.  As far as I'm concerned, as long as you're not in my face pushing your religion on me, or alternatively pointing an AK-47 at me and blowing me or my loved ones to smithereens, I don't care what your religious beliefs are.

Catsmile

inuk2600

Too true, it definitely would lack flavor without the music.

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on December 05, 2015, 12:31:57 AM
I'm guessing like the addled Aerosmith/GNR tour that the opening act rocked better?

That's like when I saw the Pixies open for Jane's Addiction.  JA was really good, but Pixes friggin blew my mind.

Mild Bill

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 05, 2015, 12:25:13 AM
Art doesn't get real Christianity.  Jesus Christ never advocated wars or violence.  He practiced peace unless one defiled a place of worship.  His "followers" used violence in the name of God and that was wrong.

From the Gospel of Matthew, chapter 10, verse 34, Jesus said: "Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword."

What say you?

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on December 05, 2015, 12:35:42 AM
That's like when I saw the Pixies open for Jane's Addiction.  JA was really good, but Pixes friggin blew my mind.

had that happen with i think..The Cult opening for Motley Crue

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 05, 2015, 12:32:24 AM

Oh now this kind of reasonable tone is just ... hmmmph ... watch yourself sir.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on December 05, 2015, 12:35:03 AM
No, the U.S. was once part of Russia - Alaska anyway. ;)

Sarah Palin can see Russia from her house.