• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 22, 2018, 09:31:11 AM
Howdy Pudly. Glad she let you come up for air. I had been monitoring eBay to see if she was auctioning off your aeroplanes. I got nervous when the Princess Di doll went up, follwed shortly after by the Margaret Thatcher one.

Welcome back.

Cheers. I went flying for the first time in two years on thursday.. I was very rusty. But was a fun day out and met some new flying buddies. This is where we were. I took four overlapping photos and the software stitched them together to make a panorama.

Rocketeer

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 22, 2018, 09:37:22 AM
Cheers. I went flying for the first time in two years on thursday.. I was very rusty. But was a fun day out and met some new flying buddies. This is where we were. I took four overlapping photos and the software stitched them together to make a panorama.

Fantastic!

What do you fly?

Also, hello, glad to meet you.

moosie

Is that in Merced? Beautiful.

chefist

Cool, man. Post some pics on the aviation thread...would love to see them.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 22, 2018, 08:23:53 AM
Or maybe a fly around shit?  ;D

Listened to the Gabcast while having dinner (doesn't everyone?) and thanks to Saucy Rossy for his take on RCH, pretty much as I expected he'd be. MV: You're spot on with suggesting HW should just be herself and stop trying to be anyone else, as the late great Judy Garland said: "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." Interesting insights I thought, and we should all be glad of Rosegirl's legal advice in recommending MV get a 'fucking good lawyer'.

Hey buddy. Glad you're back.

Hog

Shit, I missed a Gabcast.

From the April 18th edition, I was disheartened about hearing of Arts trashtalking of Bellgab via the Bellgab messaging system that would autoforward to MV.

Looks like Ive got some listening to do.

peace
Hog

GravitySucks

You went flying in the bathroom?

whoozit

Nice, I am looking for a club to join at my new place.  Hopefully soon, but work has kept me very busy.

chefist

Quote from: whoozit on April 22, 2018, 02:33:18 PM
Nice, I am looking for a club to join at my new place.  Hopefully soon, but work has kept me very busy.

I always wanted to join a club...which type of club should I join? Does BG count?

whoozit

Quote from: chefist on April 22, 2018, 02:34:13 PM
I always wanted to join a club...which type of club should I join? Does BG count?
I’m looking to join a flying club since the loser and misfit club tossed me out.  Not sure what kind you should join.  :P

chefist

Quote from: whoozit on April 22, 2018, 02:35:23 PM
I’m looking to join a flying club since the loser and misfit club tossed me out.  Not sure what kind you should join.  :P

Guess you narrowed it down for me.  :-\

Uncle Duke

I knew a guy whose father moved to live near one of his children after his wife passed.  Long story short, the local polka club he decided to join turned out to be a senior swingers group.  His dad was pissed because he really liked polka music.

ItsOver

Sure.  If you consider this a "club."

AZZERAE

Quote from: whoozit on April 22, 2018, 02:33:18 PM

If I may pry, gentlemen, would this "club" happen to have a secret handshake by any chance?

ItsOver

Quote from: Azzerae on April 22, 2018, 02:58:55 PM

If I may pry, gentlemen, would this "club" happen to have a secret handshake by any chance?
Handshake?  I've never heard it called that but MV's pretty accommodating.  Just try to keep the screaming down.  He has kids.

Rix Gins

Give it some thought, Chefist.  You would really want to join a club that would have you as a member?  Groucho Marx.

chefist

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 22, 2018, 03:26:28 PM
Give it some thought, Chefist.  You would really want to join a club that would have you as a member?  Groucho Marx.

Ha...he had some of the best one liners ever... ;D The writers on MASH were his biggest fans...of course, I loved MASH...

AZZERAE

Quote from: ItsOver on April 22, 2018, 03:03:38 PM
Handshake?  I've never heard it called that but MV's pretty accommodating.  Just try to keep the screaming down.  He has kids.

On second thought, I'll settle for a fist-bump. Neither of us knows where the other's hands have been.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ItsOver on April 22, 2018, 03:03:38 PM

One is instantly reminded of that whole Aldous “put your left foot in” incident.

rvxtm

Hey guys and girls, is there a way to get notifications when the show is live?

bellNwhistle

Very cool! :) 8)

Kolchak

Quote from: rvxtm on April 22, 2018, 11:37:46 PM
Hey guys and girls, is there a way to get notifications when the show is live?

Profile>Modify Profile>Group Membership

damon

Is there going to be an emergency gabcast/warm up show for MITD?

Kolchak

And bellgab collectively waits with baited breath.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 22, 2018, 03:28:14 AM
Fun show. Interesting to hear about Hoagland. It sounds like he all but deserved his own General Musings thread. He might have been more bearable if he had had a bit more schooling, but he's the classic example of an undisciplined autodidact, prickly and full of his own self-importance.

Heather was fine on the GC early on, but at a certain point she changed - as though she thought Art was listening - and developed a bit of a cutesy persona that was really off-putting.

Yes, Americans are so funny with their "individualism," aren't they? :D

<demonic voice> YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE! >:(

moosie

We wants the gabcast, we wants the gabcast!

ONeill

I agree with Gravity about Mike Bara on the Art Bell tribute show, it was completely out of place. He had nothing to do with Art. In my opinion that's how he got there. He wanted to get on Dark Matter, but it never happened.
http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2013/07/mike-baras-unsuccessful-pitch-to-great.html
I am sure it was very painful for this turd, as another Ancient Aliens fraud Jason Martel got his chance. Bara is a very useful commodity for C2C. He's better that Hoagland for them. First of all he's not clearly insane, apart from that he has the ability to keep the schedule when producing those fantasy eruptions they later sell as science. Hoagland was barely able to release 2 books? Three? And one of them was together with Bara. And finally he has  the Hoagie-like ability of defending his bullshit in mile-long tirades. As I recall Dave writes blurbs for Bara's shitbricks, he likely has more invested in that. All of that makes Bara great for them, they don't care about him being a homophobic, misogynistic twat. So when the opportunity was there, he wanted it, and Dave gave it to him.

Yorkshire pud

I'm remiss.. I didn't come back to this thread to see all the greetings and questions...Okay..  :-[

Thanks for the welcomes back..It's appreciated, but I've posted considerably elsewhere before I got around to here so , erm, yeah..

What do I fly? Radio control gliders. I only brought three over from the UK when I moved to CA, one is still unfinished but I'm looking forward to having that fly sometime this year. The picture above is of Los Banos, a two hour drive south from here. For those that are interested, it has a prevailing changeable wind direction and banging thermals followed by brutal sink.. Landing can be tricky because of rotor on the back side of the slope.. Erm, that's it. I don't fly powered aircraft.