• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sustainable Dieting and Health (Naps, Diet, Exercise)

Started by Jojo, October 10, 2017, 10:16:47 PM

Jojo

Quote from: ksm32 on June 17, 2018, 02:57:06 AM
Bellgab has a particular knack for attracting weird middle aged broads.
I saw you there too!  ::)
Would you consider a leaner avatar?

Fourteen

Metron2267

Quote from: ksm32 on June 17, 2018, 02:57:06 AM
Bellgab has a particular knack for attracting weird middle aged broads.

It's a cat lady thing... ;)

ksm32

Quote from: 14 on June 17, 2018, 03:05:41 AM
I saw you there too!  ::)
Would you consider a leaner avatar?

Fourteen
Jojo, my avatar is fine because I actually look like that. (without the facial hair and costume)

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 17, 2018, 08:23:12 AM
It's a cat lady thing... ;)
Good point, and I notice you left "crazy" out of that.

Jojo

Quote from: ksm32 on June 17, 2018, 05:38:10 PM
Jojo, my avatar is fine because I actually look like that. (without the facial hair and costume)
Jumbo everything, huh?  ::)

Fourteen

Jojo

A good exercise day, with 10 minutes of it on the bike (with a cushion!).

3rd day of selenium and rooibos, no noticeable difference today.  But I had some bittersweet chocolate covered almonds last night...

Hopefully tonight will include modest portions.  Things have been very agitated here this evening, as the older woman went on a property-wide tirade for an hour about a laundry situation.  OMG.  It. Is. Just. Laundry. And. You. Don't. Work. Outside. The. Home. Girl. So. You. Have. The. Time.

And the bipolar is drinking... but there are two other more courteous type men here so hopefully he will be controlled. 

Fourteen

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on June 17, 2018, 08:46:18 PM
A good exercise day, with 10 minutes of it on the bike (with a cushion!).

3rd day of selenium and rooibos, no noticeable difference today.  But I had some bittersweet chocolate covered almonds last night...

Hopefully tonight will include modest portions.  Things have been very agitated here this evening, as the older woman went on a property-wide tirade for an hour about a laundry situation.  OMG.  It. Is. Just. Laundry. And. You. Don't. Work. Outside. The. Home. Girl. So. You. Have. The. Time.

And the bipolar is drinking... but there are two other more courteous type men here so hopefully he will be controlled. 

Fourteen

So, just to sum up, the bipolar alcoholic is your former boyfriend and now you're trolling Bellgab with a new name and avi trying to find a new boyfriend? Is that about right?  ???

Jackstar

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 17, 2018, 09:34:45 PM
So, just to sum up, the bipolar alcoholic is your former boyfriend and now you're trolling Bellgab with a new name and avi trying to find a new boyfriend? Is that about right?  ???
Not quite, but thanks for caring.  I have never dated bipolar - he has said he is not into women.  And, I'm not into smokers, to say the least (vape ok).

Am I a troll now?  I thought I looked pretty.  New boyfriend, no.  New virtual surrogates, maybe for a little while (virtual vape ok).

Fourteen

Quote from: Jackstar on June 17, 2018, 10:37:41 PM
(image deleted by Fourteen)
In what aspect did I defame you?

Fourteen

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on June 18, 2018, 01:13:13 AM
Not quite, but thanks for caring.  I have never dated bipolar - he has said he is not into women.  And, I'm not into smokers, to say the least (vape ok).

Am I a troll now?  I thought I looked pretty.  New boyfriend, no.  New virtual surrogates, maybe for a little while (virtual vape ok).

Fourteen
In what aspect did I defame you?

Fourteen

I use the term loosely.

Who said you defamed me?! ???

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 18, 2018, 01:17:06 AM
I use the term loosely.

Who said you defamed me?! ???
That's a relief!  What else do you do loosely?  Is your shirt tucked out?

No one said I defamed you - I was trying to address Jackstar. 

Fourteen

Jojo

Today is a better exercise day than yesterday.  It's harder in the heat.  I need to start remembering to get up early like a Mexican and take a siesta when it's too hot to be productive.

A lot of business got done yesterday.  It will hopefully pave the way for a better era.

Dinner was light but I made it through the night without hypoglycemia.

It was so weird yesterday to see smaller portions, as well to as to stop when first full.  I mean, these are important things, but when I looked at my intake it just seemed so little.  It was normal, though.  Last year I worked briefly for a man who would reach over and remove my food (my own food) when I was half done.  It never killed me.  I did not get hypoglycemia.  It was slightly abusive, though, considering how serious hypo can be.  Anyhow, he was like 85 so I bit my tongue and let him do it.  And, he did teach me that way smaller portions are sometimes manageable.  As long as enough protein and water are coming in, and as long as physical activity is over for the time being.

He never gave the food back, either.  But, it was just snack stuff.  Weird.

Fourteen

Jojo

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 20, 2018, 09:37:46 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenylpiracetam
JS, I didn't say I broke up with coffee.  I said I broke up with the coffee maker, after a year of hating one thing about it!  But of course I have a new one... ::)  So, I don't need this awesome drug you mentioned.  But I drink decaf anyhow, most of the time.

Fourteen, with a fix

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on June 20, 2018, 05:37:47 PM
But I drink decaf anyhow, most of the time.

You really are seriously fucked up, aren't you? :D

whoozit

Quote from: 14 on June 19, 2018, 04:07:55 PM
He never gave the food back, either.  But, it was just snack stuff.  Weird.

Fourteen
Interestng observation coming from someone that throws out others food in the group home.  Carry on Fourteen Stone (196).

ksm32

Quote from: 14 on June 20, 2018, 05:37:47 PM
JS, I didn't say I broke up with coffee.  I said I broke up with the coffee maker, after a year of hating one thing about it!  But of course I have a new one... ::)  So, I don't need this awesome drug you mentioned.  But I drink decaf anyhow, most of the time.

Fourteen, with a fix
How many times is MV going to allow you to change your shit? And what the fuck is with the, Fourteen?

Jojo

Quote from: ksm32 on June 20, 2018, 08:41:00 PM
How many times is MV going to allow you to change your shit? And what the fuck is with the, Fourteen?
I have been treated kindly.

I don't think fuck and fourteen belong in the same sentence, but if you lean up your avatar a little, I won't "complain".

Fourteen

Jojo

Quote from: whoozit on June 20, 2018, 08:29:25 PM
Interestng observation coming from someone that throws out others food in the group home.  Carry on Fourteen Stone (196).
I didn't complain...

Just for clarification, technically this is a private residence, not a "group" home  ::).

I make up for it by preserving healthy food.  These people don't know how to rotate stock, triage/rescue, or portionalize and freeze food.  The only food they know how to preserve here is jam.  I have saved the place a lot of waste.  And, I do more chores when I feel leaner!  Everyone benefits when I have the last-minute will power to toss a few bites of cake or a few chips down the toilet.  Who would want food that's been on my plate anyhow!  Do you think this is a step up from bulimia, speaking of waste?  I do  :o.

Fourteen

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 20, 2018, 07:47:17 PM
You really are seriously fucked up, aren't you?
You didn't give me a smiley face  :'(

What did you do with Jojo  ???  :D

Fourteen
P.S. Yes, this coffee maker thing is driving me nuts.  Of course this machine is an improvement, as it is bigger, so there is more latitude in the filter.  But evidently I developed an allergy to coffee makers.  This one is better, though, since the grounds don't slip over and start burning inside the works.  Maybe a Keurig would be better, as long as the pod is mostly metal mesh.  I like the pods you can wash and fill yourself with ordinary, affordable grind.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 21, 2018, 04:16:47 PM

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-12540/the-simple-elimination-diet-that-could-change-your-life-forever.html
Been there, done that  ::).  We talked about that  >:(.  And that is my diet for many 23 day periods at a time  :P.

The membranes in my nose, sinuses and throat were badly damaged a long time ago  :'(.  It was kind of like the George Noory pizza roll thing nothing too exciting  ::).  The sensitivity is related to that.  At least I don't have Sjrogren's - I just got tested and it came back negative.  Yay  8)!

But thanks for caring  :).

Fourteen

Jojo

It's good to get back to normal exercise with the cooler weather.  Whew.

I don't like pitbulls and now another one has been here for a week, with more weeks predicted  :'(.  She is 9 months old, pampered, deaf and nice.  But now I really am a prisoner in my room. I have a (unfortunately) declawed cat to protect.  At least the dog's owner is fixing the wiring on my Nissan headlights.  Mighty nice.  I don't know how long this will go on.  He has a gf in Idaho, so hopefully he and his dog will want to go be with her  ;).

When I moved in, I asked the lease holder, "Would you ever allow large dogs here?"  The answer was, "No, we have little dogs!"  She denies saying it now  ::).

The last pitbull that was here was sequestered in a fenced area; this one is not.  At least it's a friendly dog, but that doesn't alter my semi-agorophobia.  Oh well, someone else is taking my garbage out now, and not happy about it, ha ha, Ima Princess  ::).

At least with the headlights fixed, I should be able to drive at night again.  Safer knowing I can leave, if I feel comfortable leaving my room, regardless of the time of day, if things get weird.  There are many nice things about being here.  It's just another difficult time.  Other places are worse.  Or not available.

albrecht

Quote from: 14 on June 21, 2018, 06:25:07 PM
It's good to get back to normal exercise with the cooler weather.  Whew.

I don't like pitbulls and now another one has been here for a week, with more weeks predicted  :'( .  She is 9 months old, pampered, deaf and nice.  But now I really am a prisoner in my room. I have a (unfortunately) declawed cat to protect.  At least the dog's owner is fixing the wiring on my Nissan headlights.  Mighty nice.  I don't know how long this will go on.  He has a gf in Idaho, so hopefully he and his dog will want to go be with her  ;) .

When I moved in, I asked the lease holder, "Would you ever allow large dogs here?"  The answer was, "No, we have little dogs!"  She denies saying it now  ::) .

The last pitbull that was here was sequestered in a fenced area; this one is not.  At least it's a friendly dog, but that doesn't alter my semi-agorophobia.  Oh well, someone else is taking my garbage out now, and not happy about it, ha ha, Ima Princess  ::) .

At least with the headlights fixed, I should be able to drive at night again.  Safer knowing I can leave, if I feel comfortable leaving my room, regardless of the time of day, if things get weird.  There are many nice things about being here.  It's just another difficult time.  Other places are worse.  Or not available.
Sometimes when an animal is deaf (or loss of other sense) it can 'react" to sudden changes and bite- as a reaction to an undetected sudden stimulus- a bite or nip even something that they wouldn't normally. This can happen in older dogs as they age though, than again, if the dog was deaf from birth I guess maybe they wouldn't notice any difference.

ksm32

At the end of the day a dog is a dog. And a dogs gonna do what dogs do whether they're deaf or not. When it comes to your cat, pretend the dog is a vicious cat killing animal. Coz it most likely is.

Jackstar

Quote from: 14 on June 21, 2018, 06:05:51 PM
Been there, done that  ::).  We talked about that  >:(.  And that is my diet for many 23 day periods at a time  :P.

You did it wrong. Shrug.

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on June 21, 2018, 06:41:20 PM
Sometimes when an animal is deaf (or loss of other sense) it can 'react" to sudden changes and bite- as a reaction to an undetected sudden stimulus- a bite or nip even something that they wouldn't normally. This can happen in older dogs as they age though, than again, if the dog was deaf from birth I guess maybe they wouldn't notice any difference.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
:)           :)           :)           :)           :)           :)           :)           :)           :)           :)           :)           :)           :)           :)            :)

I'm glad you cautioned me.  When I met "Kilo" & her owner, I leaned down my side of a fence to see her eyes better, because they are surrounded by two big, black spots.  As I leaned down, she seemed to tense up, like you said could happen.  But then she was friendly after I stood back up.  She sniffed my hand.  Today, I sent her treats after holding them a long time.

It was inwardly frightening today when Kilo discovered me indoors.  I asked one of the ladies to distract the dog for me, but the two women were a little disagreeable.  One grabbed Kilo by the collar (how rude), but, the dog remained peaceful.  I milled around, dying inside, because I didn't want Kilo to associate being held by the collar with my presence.  And, holding a dog like that by the collar is kind of not a guarantee.  I finally decided to walk the long way between some furniture & shut a screen door so I could go to my cell.

Her owner told me he is here for court/community service.  He committed a crime after his fiancé and baby died on the freeway through no fault of their own, right before their wedding and the baby's first birthday.  Her family excluded him from the funeral and confiscated photo albums.  I suppose his crime was to finance substance abuse.  Lovely... ::)

He is starting to be considerate, especially with the dog.  He contributes.  And he worked a long time to fix my headlight wiring and offered not to charge labor.  Now I can drive away at night if Bipolar is crazy.  To the credit of the kid, he did give Bipolar another black eye after Bipolar physically threatened his grandmother for telling him to vacate.

I just need to take more chamomile to relax.  It was relaxing today when a sprinkler was on right outside my window, and when a neighbor watered later, as all the negative ions came in my room during a nap.  I love that.

Finally it's dark.  The cat is mine tonight, since I blocked off the area under the bed.  She is set up with "cat entertainment" on You Tube repeat.  She's always tired the mornings after "cat entertainment"!

Fourteen

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 21, 2018, 10:50:59 PM

You did it wrong. Shrug.
I did correctly.  Are you being obnoxious  ::)?   I had a nose/throat chemical burn, and certain acrid smells or astringent foods don't work for me.  Maybe my guardian angel invented the Keurig!  There, take that  :D.

Fourteen