• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Stream! (No longer in service)

Started by fromwomewhere outthere, October 01, 2011, 11:51:55 PM

Quote from: High Strangeness on January 19, 2012, 12:13:36 PM

This is slightly outside the box, and potentially blasphemous to some, but I'd enjoy a set of consecutive shows hosted by all of the different guest and permanent C2C hosts.

Consecutive Show Playlist:

Art Bell
Mike Siegel
Hilly Rose
Barbara Simpson
Whitley Strieber
Rollye James
Ian Punnett
George Knapp
George Noory
John Wells

Am I missing anyone?

It's called "Fine ART" for a reason.  If you want the other hosts, there's a stream called Funklbaldy 51 on ShoutCast.

linden2k

Quote from: High Strangeness on January 19, 2012, 12:13:36 PM

This is slightly outside the box, and potentially blasphemous to some, but I'd enjoy a set of consecutive shows hosted by all of the different guest and permanent C2C hosts.

Not blasphemous, at all. Our stream is devoted to Art Bell shows, but there are some good streams out there for the other guys.

oracle

Is it possible to get more variety of subjects in the streams? I've listened for a while now and I've heard a lot of scientific, current event, health, and alien type shows, but not many on the more esoteric subjects of psychology, occultism, religion, conspiracies, etc. Would like to see more of these types of shows. Of course its personal taste but some of the shows have had what I would consider flat-out BORING subjects, like one where a bunch of depressed sounding people kept calling in and saying cliche things about how they were time travelers. Thanks a lot for the stream... I would enjoy it a lot more if there were more variety in the shows! Lets hear some religion and conspiracy stuff!

linden2k

Quote from: oracle on January 20, 2012, 02:44:30 PM
Is it possible to get more variety of subjects in the streams? I've listened for a while now and I've heard a lot of scientific, current event, health, and alien type shows, but not many on the more esoteric subjects of psychology, occultism, religion, conspiracies, etc. Would like to see more of these types of shows. Of course its personal taste but some of the shows have had what I would consider flat-out BORING subjects, like one where a bunch of depressed sounding people kept calling in and saying cliche things about how they were time travelers. Thanks a lot for the stream... I would enjoy it a lot more if there were more variety in the shows! Lets hear some religion and conspiracy stuff!

We've been shuffling unlabled shows lately. We're almost done labeling everything, and then we'll make sure to have more variety and control over the topics. I agree, it would be great to have it be as diverse as possible.

IN OTHER NEWS, "BEST OF" WEEKEND STARTS RIGHT NOW!

coaster

So i'm listening to the show with the man named "Victor" who changes his voice to hide his identity. I'm starting to think that this man is Whitley Strieber.
edit..after a quick google search it appears a lot of people thought it was whitley. nm, moving on.. 

Morgus

The 1997 Art Bell classic with "Victor" about the smuggled out Area 51 alien interview video was one of my all time favorites.
Thanks for playing it on the stream today.
I remember "Victor" later appeared on some of the investigative paranormal TV shows at that time, and he didn't look anything like Whitley.  ;)

Morgus

Now on the stream Art Bell is commenting on the many faxes he received during the Victor interview about the similarity of voice patterns with Whitley Strieber.
However Art confirmed as a fact Victor was not Whitley, he would never do that. So that rumor is debunked for sure now.

Morgus

Another rarely replayed favorite Art Bell classic was a show where Art interviewed several Hopi Elders.
Looks like the original date of the show was 6-15-1998.
Please add that to the "Best of" list if you have it...

linden2k

Quote from: Morgus on January 20, 2012, 04:50:59 PM
Another rarely replayed favorite Art Bell classic was a show where Art interviewed several Hopi Elders.
Looks like the original date of the show was 6-15-1998.
Please add that to the "Best of" list if you have it...
Done! We've also got some Malachi Martin in there for those requesting it.

b_dubb

Quote from: Morgus on January 20, 2012, 04:41:37 PMHowever Art confirmed as a fact Victor was not Whitley, he would never do that. So that rumor is debunked for sure now.
you don't think Art would go along with a ruse like this? i mean sean david morton is the main guest on this show

I'm looking for the show dated 8-18-1997.  Do you have that one?

linden2k

Quote from: FeralKentuckian on January 20, 2012, 08:23:47 PM
I'm looking for the show dated 8-18-1997.  Do you have that one?
Nope, sorry!

I don't understand why nobody has it.  I'll keep looking. It's the only one missing!

oracle

Well, that's potentially bizarre. Down the memory hole perhaps?

linden2k

Quote from: FeralKentuckian on January 20, 2012, 11:01:45 PM
I don't understand why nobody has it.  I'll keep looking. It's the only one missing!
What was the topic?

tmock00

Just want to chime in and say thanks for the stream. As a listener of a few Art Bell/Coast to Coast streams on Shoutcast, I enjoy the Fine Art stream very much and have become a regular listener.  :)

jazmunda

Quote from: linden2k on January 21, 2012, 12:21:23 AM
What was the topic?

According to a list of shows I have that one as being:

Interview - Jeff Holland - Bigfoot - Feral Humans? - News and Commentary

I don't have that one but it sounds interesting.

jazmunda

Whilst we are requesting missing shows I am looking for a show from 03-07-2000 which was also repeated on 03-18-2000.

I would be very grateful if someone has that one.

kingdomofsigh

Quote from: linden2k on January 19, 2012, 10:40:00 AM
That's an amazing idea. I'll see what I can track down. I know we've got at least 2 of the retirement shows and we just played one of the "I'm back!" shows yesterday.
I wish Art would give one of his retirements to George.

Hope Art's fire equipment damage from the extinguisher explosion didn't put the kibosh on a potential 2012 return...and that's great wishful thinking on George.  :P

Love all the combined efforts with the stream project - a huge thanks for your time!  ;D

The show on Feral Humans is nowhere to be found.
It had been up on the old Art Bell site (in realaudio format) from the time it aired in 1997 until the time Art Bell was sold out to Premiere Networks (2002 or 2003?), who evidently trashed this episode, revised their history and removed all traces of "Jeff Holland" having been a guest. (He is the author of "Weird Kentucky".)

Consider this:  If the Feral Humans episode was trashed, perhaps it's not the only one. What other shows might be missing?  Notice how some of you have been fooled into thinking that *all* the previous Art Bell shows have been replayed under the dominion of Premiere Networks.  (Think again.)  You might even think you have copies of the entire archive of these years.  Again, not so.

linden2k

Quote from: FeralKentuckian on January 21, 2012, 04:52:52 PM
Consider this:  If the Feral Humans episode was trashed, perhaps it's not the only one. What other shows might be missing?  Notice how some of you have been fooled into thinking that *all* the previous Art Bell shows have been replayed under the dominion of Premiere Networks.  (Think again.)  You might even think you have copies of the entire archive of these years.  Again, not so.

I highly doubt ALL the shows are out there. Maybe we can get Art to reenact the ones we're missing.

coaster

I'm sure Noory is behind it and is actively trying to hide any shows about feral humans, considering for a long time he was feral himself. From what I hear, while Art Bell was in the woods searching for Bigfoot, he saw a wild eyed, rabid Noory shitting in the bushes, and decided to domesticate him.

linden2k

Quote from: coaster on January 21, 2012, 08:48:17 PM
I'm sure Noory is behind it and is actively trying to hide any shows about feral humans, considering for a long time he was feral himself. From what I hear, while Art Bell was in the woods searching for Bigfoot, he saw a wild eyed, rabid Noory shitting in the bushes, and decided to domesticate him.
I came downstairs last night and saw Noory on my laptop trying to figure out how to put his shows on the stream. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: linden2k on January 21, 2012, 07:15:29 PM
Maybe we can get Art to reenact the ones we're missing.

lol, that seems reasonable.

oracle

Love the shows where they are talking about something really deep and the radio link gets mysteriously cut, usually at a significant point in the conversation. It's not that outlandish for such censorship to take place if you subscribe to elitist political theory... anyhow, I'm digressing. I remember one particular instance in a Noory show where some really enlightened guest was on and he kept getting cut. It was in the era when the Noory shows were more bearable than they are now (they have gotten progressively worse, how low can we go?) and all I can remember about the guy is that he was warning about how imagination and thinking is great, but you must be mentally grounded as well. More specifically, he also told a story about how he was on a railroad track and a red, impish demon thing appeared to him and said "How ya doin'?" in a husky Brooklyn accent. Anyone remember this show?

Just heard the Fine Art Stream bumper - "Congratulations for having exquisite taste!" - Ahahaha.

linden2k

Quote from: oracle on January 22, 2012, 09:32:31 PM
Just heard the Fine Art Stream bumper - "Congratulations for having exquisite taste!" - Ahahaha.
We've got a few creepy promos running here and there. :)

Scruff

Awww I've been listening on and off for weeks and haven't heard the stream bumpers yet.  When's the next Ghost to Ghost marathon!?!

linden2k

Quote from: Scruff on January 23, 2012, 06:44:22 PM
Awww I've been listening on and off for weeks and haven't heard the stream bumpers yet.  When's the next Ghost to Ghost marathon!?!
Maybe this weekend we can spin a few.

linden2k

We have a ton of shows from '97 and '02 in the mix, this week. Did anyone hear Ramona take over for a few minutes, earlier?