• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard C. Hoagland

Started by Richard C. Hoagland, July 20, 2008, 07:01:42 PM

anunnaki

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 02, 2015, 05:57:38 AM
Pyramids on Mars by the dashboard light.

Robot head on the Moon. (Kraftwerk remix)

"Looking up at Stars through the Windshield
Robin's Head Eclipses the Moon"

Lola2001

Does anyone know the date of the Coast show that George yelled at Richard telling him he can't host the Pluto show?

Quote from: Lola2001 on September 29, 2015, 01:22:12 PM
Does anyone know the date of the Coast show that George yelled at Richard telling him he can't host the Pluto show?

He didn't actually tell Hoagland he couldn't do the Pluto show on-air, but they did have a dispute about adding an extra hour on June 19/20.

Quote from: Morgus on June 20, 2015, 01:47:14 AM
Noory and Hoagland just had an on-air tiff over Hoagland's planned c2cam hosting for July 13 for the Pluto space mission.
Hoagland was trying to expand his hosting the show beyond 3-4 hours and have a longer than normal show that night, but Noory wouldn't hear of it and stopped Hoagland in his tracks...

Audio here:

http://bellgab.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3.0;attach=32928

Lola2001

Oh I see. Thanks for the clarification. I thought that Noory welched on his bet completely. Thanks for the link, I will listen after work :)

zeebo

Quote from: Lola2001 on September 29, 2015, 05:45:22 PM
Oh I see. Thanks for the clarification. I thought that Noory welched on his bet completely. Thanks for the link, I will listen after work :)

No he just put off making good on the bet for like seven years and then wanted Hoagie to do the Pluto show a week after the flyby which just coincidentally coincided with Art's first night back.   ::)

starrmtn001

Quote from: zeebo on September 29, 2015, 05:48:34 PM
No he just put off making good on the bet for like seven years and then wanted Hoagie to do the Pluto show a week after the flyby which just coincidentally coincided with Art's first night back.   ::)
GabCast is about to start and ponyboysunset is the guest host this week!  Git yer Zeebutt over here! ;D

bateman

Quote from: zeebo on September 29, 2015, 05:48:34 PM

Sir, are you suggesting there was something untoward about the scheduling? Maybe it was just a really busy seven years.

starrmtn001

Quote from: bateman on September 29, 2015, 05:54:18 PM
Sir, are you suggesting there was something untoward about the scheduling? Maybe it was just a really busy seven years.
Come on over to GabCast Bateman, Ponyboysunset is hosting this week!  Show is getting ready to start!

Lola2001

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 29, 2015, 02:32:08 PM
He didn't actually tell Hoagland he couldn't do the Pluto show on-air, but they did have a dispute about adding an extra hour on June 19/20.

Audio here:

http://bellgab.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3.0;attach=32928

Thank you. I was trying to find that for so long :). I thought George was quite rude first of all but also he said Richard would screw things up........and I heard Richard talk about Tom Danhieser, how he never liked Richard. So POSSIBLY George was trying to honor his bet with Richard and Tom gave him a hard time but finally agreed. So basically perhaps George didn't want Richard to ask for more than what was agreed upon..hence Tom would have cancelled the whole thing. Seems that Tom is running George's life.......according to what Richard said in another interview.

Having said that, on the air was NOT the place for George to say that to Richard. I thought it was very disrespectful. I'm surprised Richard would even try to talk to him (email or otherwise) after that. 
And yeah, VERY stupid to have a show about Pluto one week after the event.....and very shady of Coast to try to get Richard on the night of Art's return. Art did a lot for Coast. There WOULD be no C2C if not for Art. They seem very ungrateful for all Art has done for that show. They should be kissing his feet.

scottydawg

Got to listen to RCH last night with Stanton Friedman, Wow was a really good show, Richard and Stanton worked really good off each other, like Martin and Lewis! ;D
At one point Richard chided Stanton about all the Nuclear projects he worked on. Every one of the seemed to end once Stanton joined the project, Richard kidded that once Stanton worked on the project he was "The Kiss of Death" for it! Then they talked about how Stanton got his start in radio by filling in a for a guest that cancelled at the last minute. It just happened to be at one of the oldest stations in the East that had a 50,000 Watt Flamethrower transmitter! Richard was having fun, it reminded me of the old days of Art when he was in his prime ;)

zeebo

Quote from: scottydawg on February 02, 2016, 10:39:08 AM
Got to listen to RCH last night with Stanton Friedman, Wow was a really good show, Richard and Stanton worked really good off each other, like Martin and Lewis! ;D ...

Seemed like only a handful of folks listened to that show last nite, but I agree, it was fun.  My fave part was them riffing about nuclear subs, "Wait wait the first year a sub made it to the pole was '58!" .. "No no I was talking about the first one to circle the globe, in '59!" 

Quote from: scottydawg on February 02, 2016, 10:39:08 AM
Got to listen to RCH last night with Stanton Friedman, Wow was a really good show, Richard and Stanton worked really good off each other, like Martin and Lewis! ;D ...

The French are going to love it

AZZERAE

I'm looking for any of you to tell me y'alls favorite or most interesting Richard C. Hoagland interviews. Please be so kind as to share them with me!

Quote from: Azzerae on July 05, 2016, 09:20:10 AM
I'm looking for any of you to tell me y'alls favorite...

All I see are rocks, Richard

zeebo

I'm looking for any of you to tell me y'alls favorite or most interesting Richard C. Hoagland interviews. Please be so kind as to share them with me!

You mean ones where he was the interviewee right?  I remember one, I don't know the date, but it was one of the last Noory did with him before their falling out.  He'd just seen the movie 'John Carter' and expounded on how it was the truth about an ancient Mars civ. and how putting this 'history' into a movie was how the gov't, through Hollywood, was doing a kind of 'slow disclosure' of info to the public.  He was rather giddy at his discovery.  I remember laughing and clapping alot that nite.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 05, 2016, 07:59:37 PM
All I see are rocks, Richard

Ha ha!

Quote from: zeebo on July 06, 2016, 12:10:17 AM
You mean ones where he was the interviewee right?  I remember one, I don't know the date, but it was one of the last Noory did with him before their falling out.  He'd just seen the movie 'John Carter' and expounded on how it was the truth about an ancient Mars civ. and how putting this 'history' into a movie was how the gov't, through Hollywood, was doing a kind of 'slow disclosure' of info to the public.  He was rather giddy at his discovery.  I remember laughing and clapping alot that nite.

Yes, Zeebo, and thanks for sharing.

And... Do you have a favorite show he did with Art?

zeebo

Quote from: Azzerae on July 06, 2016, 03:23:05 AM
Yes, Zeebo, and thanks for sharing.

And... Do you have a favorite show he did with Art?

Sorry, I can't pinpoint one, alot of those old shows kind of blur together for me.  I actually used to like the ones where he'd talk about various space missions.  In spite of my skepticism for his observations and theories, he really does have a kind of super-fan level knowledge of space exploration in general. 

AZZERAE

Quote from: zeebo on July 06, 2016, 01:28:57 PM
Sorry, I can't pinpoint one, alot of those old shows kind of blur together for me.  I actually used to like the ones where he'd talk about various space missions.  In spite of my skepticism for his observations and theories, he really does have a kind of super-fan level knowledge of space exploration in general.

I'll do a search in my archive for the space mission shows with Richard. Thanks Zeebo.

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on July 06, 2016, 01:28:57 PM
I can't point to the year or episodes but I liked the frantic updates about a "situation" in Antarctica with RCH and LMH briefing Art and his audience about strange extractions of Ratheon employees, doctors and locals in NZ being told not to release any information, and strange "anomalies" and/or nuclear research/device supposedly found, or being used, there.
http://www.enterprisemission.com/antarctica.htm

I_Speculate

Quote from: albrecht on July 06, 2016, 01:41:18 PM
I can't point to the year or episodes but I liked the frantic updates about a "situation" in Antarctica with RCH and LMH briefing Art and his audience about strange extractions of Ratheon employees, doctors and locals in NZ being told not to release any information, and strange "anomalies" and/or nuclear research/device supposedly found, or being used, there.
http://www.enterprisemission.com/antarctica.htm

"The Lake, which is still liquid and not frozen, has been isolated under the ice sheet since anywhere from 13,000 to 14 million years ago"

Wow imagine that ; liquid water under the ice! I think they may be on to something.  ::)

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on July 06, 2016, 01:41:18 PM
I can't point to the year or episodes but I liked the frantic updates about a "situation" in Antarctica with RCH and LMH ...

oh yeah, I remember that now  ???  ... gonna have to give it a revisit. 

Lord Grantham

Just recently on NPR they were talking to one of the doctors who was extracted from Antarctica back when. Apparently he had gallstones, and wasn't infected with alien bacteria.

He was on to talk about another Antarctic rescue mission that must have already happened this year.

Juan Cena

The night Art threatened to give out Richard's number unless he stopped stalling and reveal what was supposed to have been found in a secret chamber in the Great Pyramid, which out to supposedly be a statue pointing to Orion.

Robert

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 23, 2016, 12:01:35 AMThe night Art threatened to give out Richard's number unless he stopped stalling and reveal what was supposed to have been found in a secret chamber in the Great Pyramid, which out to supposedly be a statue pointing to Orion.
One of the ways Andy & Ken have raised $ for WFMU is to give out the other's phone # if a pledge goal is reached.  I've never called those nos. because I thought it would be mean to bother them when they're sacrificing their privacy (actually sacrificing a burner phone) for the good of Auricle Communications.

henge0stone

Quote from: Azzerae on July 06, 2016, 01:34:36 PM
I'll do a search in my archive for the space mission shows with Richard. Thanks Zeebo.

There's a lot of them actually. Even when he was talking about structures or whatever he would mention what NASA used to take the pictures and the rovers and the technology behind them. There were several shows where he just talked about space exploration and planets in general, but I can't remember which ones and there's like 100s of Hoagland shows. One I remember listening too and it was so interesting I thought, wow this is more of a Seth Shostack show than a Hoagland, because he was just talking about space in general and nothing about conspiracies or structures anywhere.

Metron2267

Quote from: Richard C. Hoagland on July 20, 2008, 07:01:42 PM
Ask me anything you need to know. I will call George Tonight. Or George will Call Me.

make it Sticky!

Richard C. Hoagland

Lol, sticky he wants?