• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard C. Hoagland

Started by Richard C. Hoagland, July 20, 2008, 07:01:42 PM

SaucyRossy

listening to the AAC stream, it sounds great but it keeps dropping out for me. Anyone else having dropping out issues?

zeebo

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 21, 2015, 02:31:18 AM
listening to the AAC stream, it sounds great but it keeps dropping out for me. Anyone else having dropping out issues?

I listened to same for a while w/o issues except I lost interest in Hoagie's nostalgic anecdotes for the time being.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: zeebo on July 21, 2015, 02:36:39 AM
I listened to same for a while w/o issues except I lost interest in Hoagie's nostalgic anecdotes for the time being.

he is practically filibustering his guest. When he actually attempts to have a conversation instead of waxing poetic its pretty good but he literally at one point said
"I was in the press room. Where there was reporters from abc news, nbc news, cbs news, la times, new york times, washington post, cnn.....well, not CNN they weren't around back then but the big three were there and of course all of the newspaper journalists and journalists from across the world, from japan, italy...."

The amount of time he spent listing off all of these organizations was staggering, it's as if he assumes people don't understand what a press room is and that there would be press in there from tv and newspapers.

It could of been summed up rather simple in one sentence.......though what should I expect? It's RCH after all.

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 21, 2015, 02:49:20 AM

he is practically filibustering his guest...

I'm shocked, shocked

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 21, 2015, 02:53:46 AM
I'm shocked, shocked

Yeah......I don't know why I even pointed it out

Jackstar

"I ordered gelato, and it's all cold and sticky. It's practically melting in the sun! WHAT MADNESS IS THIS??"

Morgus

Interestingly, I see on the c2c schedule that Noory has Hoagland's past associate Mike Bara as a guest for Wed night.
Maybe Noory is using Bara as a substitute since he dumped Hoagland over the Pluto show thing?

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 21, 2015, 03:10:46 AM
Yeah......I don't know why I even pointed it out

We need to know.  I'm just glad someone else is listening to it

astroguy

I had the stream set to record but it apparently quit when there was dead air. Anyone know where there might be some gratis recordings?  You know, for shiznits and gaggles?

gdwarner

Quote from: Morgus on July 21, 2015, 03:32:20 AM
Interestingly, I see on the c2c schedule that Noory has Hoagland's past associate Mike Bara as a guest for Wed night.
Maybe Noory is using Bara as a substitute since he dumped Hoagland over the Pluto show thing?

No, Richard was replaced with ... I think it was Bob Zimmerman as the official Coast to Coast Science Advisor.

That said, I think Mike Bara and Richard are still buds ... I'm wondering if Mike is going to mention Richard's sudden departure from the show at all.

henge0stone

What was the Pluto event? Is Rich really done with C2C?

ItsOver

Quote from: henge0stone on July 21, 2015, 09:01:21 AM
What was the Pluto event? Is Rich really done with C2C?
I think it's more like C2C is really done with RCH, since he's on the DM network with his own show now.  "Richard?  Richard, who?  Never heard of him."

expat

Quote from: gdwarner on July 21, 2015, 06:14:16 AM
I think Mike Bara and Richard are still buds ...

That's debatable. Bara definitely said he wouldn't ever work with Hoagland again. And then the colossal amount of their joint work Bara re-purposed for three of his books must have made RCH a bit testy.

Lilith

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 21, 2015, 02:53:46 AM
I'm shocked, shocked

Well NOW I'm sorry I missed it........sort of.

Lunger

Still trying to get through Hoagland's first show....  Why does he even have a guest?

paladin1991

Guess I have to subscribe to Hoags show?  Do I have to sub to every show on DMDN?

Jackstar

It'll be a miracle if the show lasts six weeks. I do, in fact, really like it though. It's exactly what I want in my life at 1 AM.

Quote from: Lunger on July 21, 2015, 11:09:08 AM
Still trying to get through Hoagland's first show....  Why does he even have a guest?

The real question is why would anyone go on the show with hm

astroguy

So ... anyone happen to record the audio?

Lunger

Quote from: astroguy on July 22, 2015, 06:05:42 AM

I record both shows on TuneIn overnight, but you can't export them.

astroguy

Quote from: Lunger on July 22, 2015, 08:14:37 AM
Awww ...

gdwarner

Quote from: Lunger on July 22, 2015, 08:14:37 AM

Easy fix ... download Audacity, record what you want, and export it as an .mp3, and you can play it whenever and wherever you want.

astroguy

Quote from: gdwarner on July 22, 2015, 02:23:08 PM
Easy fix ... download Audacity, record what you want, and export it as an .mp3, and you can play it whenever and wherever you want.
I'd be obliged if someone could hook me up ... :)

SaucyRossy

Quote from: expat on July 21, 2015, 10:03:32 AM
That's debatable. Bara definitely said he wouldn't ever work with Hoagland again. And then the colossal amount of their joint work Bara re-purposed for three of his books must have made RCH a bit testy.

Bara's Twitter feed reads like a narcissistic sociopath.

Quote from: astroguy on July 22, 2015, 06:05:42 AM

Um.. no of course not... that would be wrong.

Wait, it's the Hoaxster we're talking about right?

expat

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 22, 2015, 03:49:03 PM
Bara's Twitter feed reads like an adolescent narcissistic sociopath.

Fixed.

astroguy

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 22, 2015, 03:49:03 PM
Bara's Twitter feed reads like a homophobic, misogynistic, adolescent narcissistic sociopath.
Fixed.

castromiller

I may have missed the answer earlier in the thread, but does anyone know the name of the intro music for The Other Side of Midnight?

area51drone

Here's another question I may have missed - if I sign up for other side of midnight, will I get the audio of all the technical problems at the beginning of the first show?

onan

Quote from: area51drone on July 23, 2015, 09:35:18 PM
Here's another question I may have missed - if I sign up for other side of midnight, will I get the audio of all the technical problems at the beginning of the first show?

I believe that will be a "bonus" CD for collectors.