• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Debit card security nightmare & trying to get my Sirius car radio !!! ...

Started by Falkie2013, October 19, 2013, 08:59:10 PM

Falkie2013

I've just spent FOUR &@&$$))((;:/-12356789# hours on the phone trying to order a car radio to listen to Art !

I called Sirius XM Friday & got an absolute idiot who kept asking me to bear with him.
He said that 18 times because I started counting them after the first few & quit after a half an hour when I gave up.

So then I called this morning to find out EXACTALLY the radio costs and after taking an hour to do that, then she read me all the legalese only to find out that my girlfriend's debit card was declined even though I'd deposited $ 70 in her account to cover it.
I had been first told that all the radio would cost was $ 29 total,  which was clearly wrong & AFD's money order wouldn't have begun to cover it !

So ... After a WTF moment, I called Bank of Too Big To Fail ... America & was immediately sent to their card security department.
  I got on with the agent with my gf on the couch since I was using her debit card ( I went and got a cash advance so we could go to the harvest festival & listen to Ab  ) and he told me that the reason we couldn't use the new card was because some one has been trying to charge things on the net like $ 500 resort charges and food. ( it hadn't occurred to me on Monday to get a cash advance to get my radio until late Thursday night. ). Which why we drove to San Pablo.

So the BofA Guy was in the middle of closing out the old account & unblocking the new account when I got disconnected.

Ever since Apple put their new crappy version of Uthe IPhone OS on the Iphone, I've had nothing but problems with it. Apps no longer upgrade or work, calls get cut off in mid call or while on hold or if my chin hits the phone.

And Sirius isn't helping matters either ! Their idiotic automatic service calls me back after waiting up to a half an hour or more & then it asks me to say or type a ONE & then disconnects the phone !

I made around 8 calls/return calls to Sirius today and finally got someone to tell me that I'll still be able to get the radio deal tomorrow since the last day is tomorrow.

So tomorrow at 8 am while at being somewhere on a road looking for a closed deserted diner ...err ... Pumpkin festival, the nightmare begins again !

Hey Art, see just how much bs we have to go through to listen to you because we love you ?

I don't know what sucks more, BofA, Apple's new sucky OS, Sirius XM customer care or trying to type all of this on my Iphone which can't seem to recognize words & which keeps jumping back & forth to change fonts.

I'm beginning to think it's all Noory's fault somehow or Hogue's because my videos pissed them off.

The customer service seems to all acting like Noory is running it all to his level of incompetency because as we ALL know, George Noory Sucks !!!

I'm on my second one-month free trial - internet only, no credit card required.

Takes less than 1 minute to sign up and get started.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 19, 2013, 09:25:53 PM
I'm on my second one-month free trial - internet only, no credit card required.

Takes less than 1 minute to sign up and get started.

From the inbox I sent to Area 51 drone :

The level of incompetence out there seems to be increasing exponentially or dare I say it ... quickening ?

Your $ 29 dollars would not even begun to cover the cost of the damned radio which is what another idiot at Sirius led me to believe was the total price.

Not to mention post office incompetence.

But even they are unhappy. Last night in San Pablo we stopped at H. Salt Fish and Chips and I saw a postal worker come in and after apologising for bothering her I asked her how long it takes for a letter to get from here to Nebraska ( my broker ) or from Washington state to here and she said it should only take 2 days.

We got to talking and she said ( after I brought up the Postmaster General spending $ 800k to redecorate his office ) she didn't believe the post office is really broke.

Go check out my post.

I am sooooo pissed.

It now takes up to FIVE days for a letter mailed in San Francisco to get to me here some 30 miles away.

Martinez used to be a terminus for the Pony Express and even they probably delivered mail faster than that around 1860 !

Yes I have that too. But ... we go out a lot and don't get back until late and my gf drives the car alone and I want her to be able to listen to more music than we get on the car radio and I don't want to keep missing the beginning of the show or listen to repeats later.

It also adds to the spookiness if you're in a darkened car on a deserted road with the only source of illumination is the headlights and the dial on the radio and suddenly out of the darkness comes ...

" From the High Desert and the Great American Southwest, this is Dark Matter with Art Bell. "

Only things that are almost better is Ross Mitchell's voice intros and the song of this lady wafting out of the desert dunes.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=avhmMF2N70Q

Someone needs to collect all the audio clips of Ross's intros for DM and post them as well as Art saying his classic intro, which I can't seem to find anywhere. It gives me goosebumps to hear that every time.

Of course, after dealing with incompetent customer service people all day, crappy OS upgrades that don't work and cause me to be cut off and phone calls being disconnected, I'm ready for THIS song and feel like it too.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WmbbFD_XhQ

Hmm, if a Bigfoot scares a hunter and he runs away and drops his portable Sirius XM radio in the woods, does the Bigfoot immediately tune the radio to Art Bell ?