• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dinner tonight

Started by area51drone, October 16, 2013, 04:12:07 PM

area51drone

My wife's a great cook.   What should I tell her to make me for dinner tonight?   (aka what is your favorite dish?)

area51drone

Quote from: melonology on October 16, 2013, 04:17:12 PM
Pizza rolls

Ha tho fo lunc... soooy can alk, the oof of my mou is burn

area51drone

Quote from: melonology on October 16, 2013, 04:21:25 PM
some beef jerky made from a dead yetti?

Now that is a rare delicatessen!   

area51drone

If only I could hire them to serenade my wife and I at a romantic dinner while we dine on samsquanch.    That would be the perfect evening (followed by 4 hours of Art on Dark Matter).

Well, she just called, so pizza rolls it is.   Now this thread just turns into "what is your favorite food?"

aldousburbank

Absolute favorite food?  Not for sale, not sold in stores. Dried Saguaro Cacti fruit, gathered by hand in June. Sweet, nutritious, filling, free.

Jnthn932

Duck wrapped in bacon stuffed with jalapeños and cream cheese. Mmmmmm its duck season!! Where's my shotgun!!!

area51drone

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 16, 2013, 04:47:58 PM
Absolute favorite food?  Not for sale, not sold in stores. Dried Saguaro Cacti fruit, gathered by hand in June. Sweet, nutritious, filling, free.

Where do you find it?   I mean, obviously in the desert, but are the plants pretty common?

area51drone

Quote from: Jnthn932 on October 16, 2013, 05:07:15 PM
Duck wrapped in bacon stuffed with jalapeños and cream cheese. Mmmmmm its duck season!! Where's my shotgun!!!

I throw a big party every year with a friend of mine in Redmond, WA an there is a gal who brings stuffed jalapeños.   I think they're filled with cream cheese and bits of bacon, they're awesome.   Now a whole duck stuffed with that stuff does sound delicious.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 16, 2013, 04:47:58 PM

fuckin hippie.

onan

You are all liars. Best food is a bag of chips after... well you know.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on October 19, 2013, 04:37:06 AM

after cleaning the bathroom?  or painting?

onan

Quote from: MV on October 19, 2013, 04:58:04 AM

I have used both those euphemisms, myself.

Jackstar

Quote from: onan on October 19, 2013, 05:21:01 AM
I have used both those euphemisms, myself.

I was at the bottom of the forum where it lists most recent posts, and I saw this:

"Re: Dinner tonight by onan"

Then I come in here, and you're already most recently talking about euphemisms. Well played, sir, well played.

Quote from: MV on October 19, 2013, 04:58:04 AM

hiding the salami? And I mean that in the purest, most innocent way, like sliced salami hidden between a hero or hoagie or whatever the hell people refer to sandwich bread as. Yeah, that's it. Hiding the salami, the Subway way. With shredded lettuce, tomato, oil and vinegar.

aldousburbank

Quote from: area51drone on October 19, 2013, 12:48:07 AM
Where do you find it?   I mean, obviously in the desert, but are the plants pretty common?
They're coating the hills and valleys from PHX (avoid) to 2sawn (live there if you can). Saguaros are the big tall things you see in cartoons. Theys everywhere mang. They bloom in June. Fruit ripen in July, right before the summer rains hit. Food of The Gods, natives, and hippies. (I am all 3)

onan

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 19, 2013, 07:56:58 AM
They're coating the hills and valleys from PHX (avoid) to 2sawn (live there if you can). Saguaros are the big tall things you see in cartoons. Theys everywhere mang. They bloom in June. Fruit ripen in July, right before the summer rains hit. Food of The Gods, natives, and hippies. (I am all 3)

tip one: long nose needle pliers.

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 19, 2013, 07:56:58 AM

Riding my bike around the back roads, I see cactus people planted here and there and they usually have their fruit cut off them.  The local small Mexican grocery stores carry them too.  I don't think either are saguaro though.  I am going to have to give what we have around here a try.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 19, 2013, 08:12:53 AM

Riding my bike around the back roads, I see cactus people planted here and there and they usually have their fruit cut off them.  The local small Mexican grocery stores carry them too.  I don't think either are saguaro though.  I am going to have to give what we have around here a try.
Probably Opuntia ficus-indica fruits. (The cactus dweeb in me) Theys good too mang. Us homeboys call them "tunas" or someimes, "pitaya", although the latter is the local name for the fruit of Organ Pipe or Cardon cacti.

Sardondi

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 19, 2013, 08:18:12 AM
Probably Opuntia ficus-indica fruits. (The cactus dweeb in me) Theys good too mang. Us homeboys call them "tunas" or someimes, "pitaya", although the latter is the local name for the fruit of Organ Pipe or Cardon cacti.
Whoa! Anybody starts talking "indica" anything and it grabs my attention....

area51drone

That's really interesting.   So you consider them the best food, and obviously others love it too, yet no one but the mexicans are selling them?   Do the cactus take forever to grow to bloom or something?   You'd think someone would start farming them.

aldousburbank

Quote from: area51drone on October 19, 2013, 11:24:39 AM
That's really interesting.   So you consider them the best food, and obviously others love it too, yet no one but the mexicans are selling them?   Do the cactus take forever to grow to bloom or something?   You'd think someone would start farming them.
Right. 50 years to bloom. They're everywhere though. Tens of thousands. Traditionally, a ceremonial wine was made by the Tohono O'odham, the desert people.
http://www.statemuseum.arizona.edu/exhibits/saguaro/

That must be them, I've heard them called tunas

ksm32

Quote from: onan on October 19, 2013, 04:37:06 AM

Lays Original. The yellow bag, not the one with blue balls on the label.

Harmness

Tunas are my favorite fruit.

onan

Tonight, tomorrow and other times throughout this week... Irish Stew. I make a killer stew... junkies drop their heroin for it.

Cynnie

Quote from: onan on October 20, 2013, 04:18:10 PM
Tonight, tomorrow and other times throughout this week... Irish Stew. I make a killer stew... junkies drop their heroin for it.

I made fish and chips tonight ..i make awesome fish and chips ..i think its mandatory for all gingers :)

Juan

Key Limes.  There's an actual Key Lime tree on one of my landlord's properties.  As no one else knows what they are, I get to pick them.  Key Limes were, for the most part, wiped out in a hurricane back in the 20s.  They weren't replanted because they have 3-4" spikes that make harvesting slow, unlike the common Persian limes with no spikes.  The difference in flavor is astounding.  No, most Key Lime pie you've had probably was not made with Key Limes.

Cynnie

I made snickerdoodles ..big mistake

Foodlion

Favorite dish is Chicken Gizzards with Mashed Potatoes. I could live off that for the rest of my life assuming I don't have a heart attack soon after.

Quote from: Foodlion on October 20, 2013, 06:26:41 PM
Favorite dish is Chicken Gizzards with Mashed Potatoes. I could live off that for the rest of my life assuming I don't have a heart attack soon after.

That still counts as the rest of your life  :)