• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your Favorite Paranormal Subject

Started by Blinko, October 28, 2012, 11:07:04 PM

Blinko

And why.

There are many to choose from and I think like most C2C listeners I enjoy all things paranormal though I remain a sceptic about most. Not that it matters , the show is it's own thing and if we can suspend disbelief for the duration we may get into the subject and have some fun listening.

But if there is a favorite subject of yours ,maybe it's because you believe in some way that there may be some truth to it.

I have alot of ideas about this , why we believe and such. To some degree I think these subjects need to remain mysterious so they can remain interesting...

Here is one of my favorite subjects at the moment.

The Mothman

What's unsettling about the Mothman case is the sheer number of eye witness testimonies. Also the variety of paranormal accounts from the same region at the same time that were offered by unrelated parties .

Mothman
Men in Black
UFOs

All within a one year period in this small town corroborated by over 100 eye witnesses.

There was a really great documentary about this , very thorough called " The Eyes of the Mothman ". It covers a broad range of possible explanations through time , culture, science....

Its on Netflix for those who have it

Eyes of the Mothman 30-second trailer

There's also a pretty good one you can watch on youtube

MOTHMAN PROPHECIES part 1

b_dubb

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 29, 2012, 05:09:43 AM
Dyatlov Pass Incident
surprised i haven't heard of this myself.  interesting

i'm a ufo man.  also ghosts/spirits.  i've had my own experiences with both.  roswell is interesting but over-exposed. 

re: Dyatlov ... http://www.cracked.com/article_16671_6-famous-unsolved-mysteries-with-really-obvious-solutions.html

I like the alternative history stuff - even when it's BS it can be entertaining.  I liked the Hooked X Ian interview about Vikings in America, 1421 the Year China discovered America, stuff like that.

But NOT Steve Quayle and his giants or crystal skulls or any of that shit

Sardondi

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 29, 2012, 05:09:43 AM
Dyatlov Pass Incident
That's a great choice. That stumps me as well. What the hell made those people do the absolutely panicked and terrified things they did? Clearly they were fleeing in terror from what they thought was an immediate threat of death. But then the evidence (or lack of it) points to no one thing. For any theory there are several facts (or what appear to be the facts) which undermine it. I always imagine myself in that tent, and it chills me.

It's a pre-written teen-terror movie. But I guess movies have already been written using some of the facts, if not the incident itself, although I'm unaware of what.

Dumbfounding and very spooky incident.

korrine

Dyatolv Pass-  ohh that's a most interesting one. I couldn't agree with you more Sardondi- the thought of being in that tent is just mortifying. Incidents at the Skin Walker Ranch seem to have certain a likeness to some of those things that have been witnessed at Dyatlov - but nothing truely compares. 

personally, all that demonic/alien abduction  crap scares the hell out of me. the thought of something coming into my house window without me being able to see it, well, just scares me silly. 

Eddie Coyle

The exploits of Billy Mumy. The type of subject that only C2C can provide you with.

ziznak

Loved the article dubb. 
I also love cryptids, bible archeology, and of course all of the psuedo-scholars and their insane drivvlings... although some of them need to fall off a cliff...
I'm looking at you Bara, Hoagland, cmon now guys! stop it already.

Meggini

Underearth dwellers or civilizations: "Evidence" of ancient underground civilizations found in caverns along with scary stories of morlock / little people spotted near openings menacing the locals or following and frightening cavers.

I'm not a big a fan of that one Dulce story, although I like the general idea that locals feel there's something under there.

There are some great stories in Janet Bord's Fairies: Real Encounters With Little People. These are puzzling encounters, some of them of the "We dare not go a-hunting for fear of little men" variety. Don't let the word fairies turn you off. This isn't a book about angel-esque fairies and how to contact them for luck and love.

Michael Mott's Caverns, Cauldrons and Concealed Creatures has some great chilling anecdotes. He can be Shaver-esque, coming off a little crazy, but he includes some folklore from around the world to support his theories, and that helps suspend disbelief. And I love the Richard Shaver stories and rock paintings, too.

Mount Shasta deserves a mention, too. I just like the idea that there's something strange going on right under our feet, with civilizations and races older than ours. Sleestaks. Morlocks. Deros. Red-hatted gnomes. Duendes.... Never build your house near a cave system... Don't Be Afraid of the Dark.  ;)

b_dubb

Quote from: Meggini on October 30, 2012, 07:44:20 AM
Michael Mott's Caverns, Cauldrons and Concealed Creatures has some great chilling anecdotes. He can be Shaver-esque, coming off a little crazy, but he includes some folklore from around the world to support his theories, and that helps suspend disbelief. And I love the Richard Shaver stories and rock paintings, too.
Mott was a professor at Bowling Green State University when I attended there.  I saw him read poetry a few times.  The guy was considered for a Nobel Prize (I believe) for his book "The Seven Mountains of Thomas Merton".  I'm a little shocked to think this might be the same guy writing stories about the supernatural.

Oh wait ... it's actually this douchenozzle
http://www.amazon.com/Wm.-Michael-Mott/e/B005RPNJYW/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

Wrong Michael Mott.  Michael Mott needs to get an attorney

bateman

Quote from: Sardondi on October 29, 2012, 11:17:22 AM
That's a great choice. That stumps me as well. What the hell made those people do the absolutely panicked and terrified things they did? Clearly they were fleeing in terror from what they thought was an immediate threat of death. But then the evidence (or lack of it) points to no one thing. For any theory there are several facts (or what appear to be the facts) which undermine it. I always imagine myself in that tent, and it chills me.

It's a pre-written teen-terror movie. But I guess movies have already been written using some of the facts, if not the incident itself, although I'm unaware of what.

Dumbfounding and very spooky incident.

Bumping a year old post, but... look for this topic to be covered on "another" show in the very near future. Not Noory's.  :)

Caruthers612

GIS, the George Meeks Spiritcom experiments, and since I love all things vampire, anything that suggests there might be real vampires. Oh, and the secret pictures of Airyn's butt.