• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on November 25, 2011, 10:16:40 PM

god help us if he wins

It looks like he should be chasing Jake and Elwood...

HAL 9000

Curiously, I received the following PM from a member whose screenname I have, at least temporarily, redacted. My guess is they are homosexual - perhaps latent.

Quote from: Your Screenname is on TV date=November 18, 2011, 10:05:26 PMWhy do you hate homos, homophobe?  Your blindness to your Palin slut has misguided you clearly.

It was written on a Friday, so possibly they were drinking. Anyone have reasonable observations as to what they meant? I can't think of anything provocative I've mentioned on this topic. It's no big deal - I'm just curious.  :o

The General

Quote from: HAL 9000 on November 27, 2011, 12:58:48 AM
Curiously, I received the following PM from a member whose screenname I have, at least temporarily, redacted. My guess is they are homosexual - perhaps latent.

It was written on a Friday, so possibly they were drinking. Anyone have reasonable observations as to what they meant? I can't think of anything provocative I've mentioned on this topic. It's no big deal - I'm just curious.  :o
You lucky SOB, I wish I would get hate mail.  I certainly have earned it a time or two.  Maybe I need a more feminine avatar.  I hate the word Avatar.  Booyah!

Eddie Coyle

Your guess about the homosexual angle is probably correct and they could be a serious Wham/George Michael fan who's despondent about his "pneumonia" ;) ...you know how those fairies get.

HAL 9000

Quote from: The General on November 27, 2011, 02:07:52 AM
I hate the word Avatar.  Booyah!

Back in the day, I used to use Booyah, but not anymore... I'm just sayin'...

Don't be bogue, you Bogarts!

Scully

Anyone have reasonable observations as to what they meant? I can't think of anything provocative I've mentioned on this topic. It's no big deal - I'm just curious.  :o

My take is that they assume your avatar indicates your adulation of Sarah Palin, who is openly anti-gay.  Ergo, you must be of like mind.

Only you can say for sure, HAL.  Is you is, or is you ain't?  ::)

Vatar

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 27, 2011, 02:27:29 AM
    Your guess about the homosexual angle is probably correct and they could be a serious Wham/George Michael fan who's despondent about his "pneumonia" ;) ...you know how those fairies get.

Oh yeah that's called Cum Lung isn't it?

Frys Girl

Quote from: The General on November 27, 2011, 02:07:52 AM
You lucky SOB, I wish I would get hate mail.  I certainly have earned it a time or two.  Maybe I need a more feminine avatar.  I hate the word Avatar.  Booyah!
I'm actually surprised it took this long to get the messages. If you want to inflame a liberal, use a picture of Jesus, the ten commandments, or Sarah Palin.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Frys Girl on November 27, 2011, 04:58:02 PM
If you want to inflame a liberal, use a picture of Jesus, the ten commandments, or Sarah Palin.
or the constitution.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on November 27, 2011, 07:09:48 PM
or the constitution.
I was going to add guns, but you basically hit all the points with one shot. Well done!

b_dubb

stereotyping is a real time saver but in the end it will just make you sound like a tool

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on November 27, 2011, 08:47:37 PM
stereotyping is a real time saver but in the end it will just make you sound like a tool
Get on a treadmill already.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on November 27, 2011, 08:47:37 PM

let's break it down. 

1) liberals oppose gun rights.

2) they oppose the right to home school, despite every statistic indicating the academic superiority of home schooled children.

3) they seek to punish people for their thoughts and beliefs through "hate crime" legislation.  the constitution explicitly protects unpopular thoughts and ideas.  the expression of popular and socially acceptable thoughts and ideas rarely needs protection, after all.

4) liberals support the existence of an ever expanding welfare state that systematically erodes individual dignity and liberty.

5) liberals support the observation of international law in the course of formulating american law.

6) liberals hold personal property rights in contempt, as evidenced by the eagerness with which they impose arbitrary environmental regulations on land owners and businesses.  oh, and these regulations are imposed by an unelected government agency with no accountability.  and yes, i know the EPA was formed by nixon.  if you think he was a conservative, you have a limited understanding of american politics.

7) liberals use concocted terms like "separation of church and state" for the purpose of eliminating public displays of religion, particularly christianity. 

that's about as far as i can go for now.  my mind is ravaged by the flu.

if anyone is thinking about countering this post with an outline of george w. bush's many anti-constitutional behaviors (or those of any other neo-conservative politician), don't bother.  it's both predictable and inaccurate.  bush was not a conservative, and neo-conservatism is not conservatism.  go examine ron paul's beliefs and point out the flaws there if you truly want to debate the merits or faults of real conservatism versus modern american liberalism.  i suspect you won't have such an easy go of it if that's the template.

b_dubb

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on November 28, 2011, 12:35:21 AM

let's break it down. 

1) liberals oppose gun rights.

2) they oppose the right to home school, despite every statistic indicating the academic superiority of home schooled children.

3) they seek to punish people for their thoughts and beliefs through "hate crime" legislation.  the constitution explicitly protects unpopular thoughts and ideas.  the expression of popular and socially acceptable thoughts and ideas rarely needs protection, after all.

4) liberals support the existence of an ever expanding welfare state that systematically erodes individual dignity and liberty.

5) liberals support the observation of international law in the course of formulating american law.

6) liberals hold personal property rights in contempt, as evidenced by the eagerness with which they impose arbitrary environmental regulations on land owners and businesses.  oh, and these regulations are imposed by an unelected government agency with no accountability.  and yes, i know the EPA was formed by nixon.  if you think he was a conservative, you have a limited understanding of american politics.

7) liberals use concocted terms like "separation of church and state" for the purpose of eliminating public displays of religion, particularly christianity. 
so like i said ... stereotypes are a real time saver

slipstream

Quote from: b_dubb on November 28, 2011, 12:58:26 AM

Is a stereotype a type of generality?   

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on November 28, 2011, 12:58:26 AM

if i said liberals eat watermelon and fried chicken all the time, that would be stereotyping.  i think what i did was simply articulate the basic tenets of modern american liberalism.  brushing it off in one time saving sentence as stereotyping doesn't get the job done.

BobGrau

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on November 28, 2011, 02:06:40 AM

brushing it off in one time saving sentence as stereotyping doesn't get the job done.

noory sucks.

Vatar

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on November 28, 2011, 02:06:40 AM

if i said liberals eat watermelon and fried chicken all the time, that would be stereotyping.  i think what i did was simply articulate the basic tenets of modern american liberalism.  brushing it off in one time saving sentence as stereotyping doesn't get the job done.

You forgot one tenant of Liberal doctrine. 

The inability to admit fault or incorrectness in relation to themselves and their beliefs.

b_dubb

Quote from: Vatar on November 28, 2011, 05:41:54 AM
You forgot one tenant of Liberal doctrine. 

The inability to admit fault or incorrectness in relation to themselves and their beliefs.
conservatives do this too or haven't you noticed

Vatar

Quote from: b_dubb on November 28, 2011, 08:15:25 AM
conservatives do this too or haven't you noticed

Were we talking about conservatives? NO we were talking about liberals.  Besides I'm not even a conservative In many ways they are worse than Liberals with their stance on civil liberties.  So if you want to make a point provide a counter example don't just say "Well mommy they do it to." lets debate like the angry adults we are!

Edit: I should qualify that this post is mostly in jest.

b_dubb

1st ... only MVD's first point approaches anything close to objective fact. But then all I have to do is produce one liberal with a gun and poof there goes that.

I share some of your disgust with the extreme left. I live in a college town and have to put up with their shit all day long. They naively think that you can fix everything by passing a law.

What I find upsetting is how polarized we become when we talk about politics. Liberals hate Conservatives. Conservatives hate Liberals. If we do nothing but bitch about how the other party sucks a big fat one then we never discuss the problems. Our political discourse has devolved to name calling and finger pointing. And that's just tragic.

Also ... it is neither random or stupid. So in the interest of serving this thread ... clipping my toe nails is a big drag

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on November 28, 2011, 05:53:49 PM
1st ... only MVD's first point approaches anything close to objective fact. But then all I have to do is produce one liberal with a gun and poof there goes that.

I share some of your disgust with the extreme left. I live in a college town and have to put up with their shit all day long. They naively think that you can fix everything by passing a law.

What I find upsetting is how polarized we become when we talk about politics. Liberals hate Conservatives. Conservatives hate Liberals. If we do nothing but bitch about how the other party sucks a big fat one then we never discuss the problems. Our political discourse has devolved to name calling and finger pointing. And that's just tragic.

Also ... it is neither random or stupid. So in the interest of serving this thread ... clipping my toe nails is a big drag
I agree, but look around you and see how far liberalism has gone, and how much it has failed the world.

I don't think it's right to hate the people, but it's important to focus on the ideologies that are bad for society. Liberalism doesn't work and that's that. In theory, it's all great, but the basic tenets of liberalism contradict human nature and ethics.

analog kid

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on November 28, 2011, 12:35:21 AM

let's break it down. 

That is a lot of hyperbole.

So now only Randian Libertarians are true conservatives? Is this the "not one of us" thing I keep hearing about?

heater

if only more people would be libertarian...my world would be a better place.  luckily as a libertarian I don't politically care how your world is doing.  good luck!

oh yeah and I hate to wear socks that are wet.