• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

bateman

Quote from: Black Celebration on November 21, 2013, 07:24:20 PM
Colon Blow ... SILVER!

Many happy returns of the day, Bateman! May your new year be filled with as much joy as you've given we wayward souls here.

And ditto on the new favorite host business. Dark Weekend has been a brilliant silver lining.

Thank you, and thank you.

Happy birthday, Bateman!

If you can still count the fedoras in that Brooklyn hipster bar, you're not nearly drunk enough.  ;D

Heather Wade

What with all the madness, I forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday, bateman.

Crack open another Cabernet Sauvignon. 

bateman

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 21, 2013, 07:52:47 PM
Happy birthday, Bateman!

If you can still count the fedoras in that Brooklyn hipster bar, you're not nearly drunk enough.  ;D

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 21, 2013, 07:53:10 PM
What with all the madness, I forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday, bateman.

Crack open another Cabernet Sauvignon. 

Thanks again, guys. I'm gonna throw this on the jukebox & switch to bourbon.

http://youtu.be/5QaVzv5aR6U

Quote from: bateman on November 21, 2013, 08:02:15 PM
Thanks again, guys. I'm gonna throw this on the jukebox & switch to bourbon.

Something about a bourbon-drinkin' man....Best birthday present ever.   :)
Hope you had a wonderfully buzzy birthday!!

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on November 21, 2013, 10:29:03 PM
I prefer the neverending bottle of booze:

The tradgy of this .gif is, the glass never fills up. :(

The General

I enjoy beverages.
All different kinds of delicious beverages.
I believe I'll have one now.

b_dubb

Drinking an Oskar Blues Mama's Little Yellow Pils and it is delicious

Enjoying some Natural Ice and waiting on my neighbor to swing by with some fewd stuffs.

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on November 22, 2013, 09:58:55 PM
Enjoying some Natural Ice and waiting on my neighbor to swing by with some fewd stuffs.
Quote from: b_dubb on November 22, 2013, 09:49:03 PM
Drinking an Oskar Blues Mama's Little Yellow Pils and it is delicious
Quote from: The General on November 22, 2013, 07:46:55 PM
I enjoy beverages.
All different kinds of delicious beverages.
I believe I'll have one now.

I'm drinking Bushmills Irish Honey (for the first time). I recommend it.

analog kid

I drank a twelve-pack of Natural Light and watched The Internship (received two free movies for registering on a VOD service). Absolutely horrible on both accounts. Did get a few laughs at the ridiculous computer jargon in the movie. "How about Emacs as the default text editor in Ubuntu?" asks Owen Wilson to the Google higher-up (also the love interest) giving a seminar to the interns. "Wow, good point." Wilson reprising his role as the same character in all his movies. The movie is like a cartoon that would play on a TV in Real Genius. It's not even cliches at this point, but parodies of cliches. I'd suspect Google produced it as a commercial for itself, but for the extremely technically illiterate dialogue. I'll spend the next few days trying to get it out of my mind and off of my shoes.

analog kid

A lack of friends carries a higher risk of death than obesity and is the equivalent health risk of smoking 15 cigarettes a day.

Quote from: analog kid on November 23, 2013, 04:22:37 AM
"How about Emacs as the default text editor in Ubuntu?" asks Owen Wilson to the Google higher-up (also the love interest) giving a seminar to the interns. "Wow, good point."
WTF...Scintilla all the way.

Wait I think I just fell into a trap.

onan

Quote from: analog kid on November 23, 2013, 04:36:54 AM
A lack of friends carries a higher risk of death than obesity and is the equivalent health risk of smoking 15 cigarettes a day.

What if your friends always supersize and smoke Black Death cigarettes?

analog kid

Quote from: onan on November 23, 2013, 04:47:28 AM
What if your friends always supersize and smoke Black Death cigarettes?

That's even better; they die off quickly and you get new friends. Less time for them to corrupt your psyche with their bad, stinky habits.

analog kid

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on November 23, 2013, 04:42:00 AM
WTF...Scintilla all the way.

Wait I think I just fell into a trap.

Gedit here. Never had the wherewithal to learn a full code editor.

So is everyone camped out on the Art Bell Quits thread or maybe getting ready for the holidays?  Some of these threads seem to be getting very little play lately.  We've sure had an influx of newbies (which can be a great thing), some notable flame-outs and such.  Curious.

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 23, 2013, 03:03:46 PM
So is everyone camped out on the Art Bell Quits thread or maybe getting ready for the holidays?  Some of these threads seem to be getting very little play lately.  We've sure had an influx of newbies (which can be a great thing), some notable flame-outs and such.  Curious.

Getting ready for the holidays. I'm done with the Quits thread, even though I just posted, lol. It's become a gigantic trolling vessel, but at least it's contained there, and not spilling out. I can't help think there's some sort of effort on the outside to derail the thread and drive Art away, but that's probably my own paranoid fantasy. But Jeebus, where in the hell are they coming from lately?

Back to mashing turnips.

Ravenna

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on November 23, 2013, 02:35:23 AM
I'm drinking Bushmills Irish Honey (for the first time). I recommend it.

Is that stuff super sweet though?  I like a less sweet whiskey than most of the Irish ones seem to be.  Chivas Regal is my fave, although I also like Black Label and Glenfiddich.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 23, 2013, 03:03:46 PM

I'm still over here in Virginia soaking up new baby vibes.  Olivia is just over 3 weeks old and totally adorable.  I'll be heading back to my side of the country in early January. The boards definitely seem a bit different lately.

Ravenna

Anyone else into the Knights Templar?  'America Unearthed' tonight on the H2 channel is having an episode about them.

From Zap2it.com:

AMERICA UNEARTHED
Episode: Tracking the Templars
S01, E11
(First Aired: Mar. 01, 2013)
Scott Wolter noticed Hooked X appearing on many artifacts; Scott realized the symbol could be the key to understanding two of the biggest mysteries of all time; the Holy Grail and where it's hidden.
8:00 - 9:00 PM History 2 (276)

(Note:  It also repeats at midnight).

FURTHER TV VIEWING NOTES:  Ghost Adventures is repeating their two hour Halloween special set in Transylvania.  It is good.  They even go to a famously haunted forest where there's a "ring" where nothing will grow.  (I think due to a UFO landing there one time and depositing alien minerals into the earth that kill all plant life).

Quote from: HorrorRetro on November 23, 2013, 03:40:21 PM
I'm still over here in Virginia soaking up new baby vibes.  Olivia is just over 3 weeks old and totally adorable.  I'll be heading back to my side of the country in early January. The boards definitely seem a bit different lately.

Enjoy your little grandgirl! If by 'a bit different' you mean whackadoo, then yes, I agree.  ;D

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 23, 2013, 04:02:12 PM
Enjoy your little grandgirl! If by 'a bit different' you mean whackadoo, then yes, I agree.  ;D

Oh, I am!  I've probably taken close to 500 pics of her already.  She's actually smiling and laughing, which is odd for someone so young.  I caught this pic yesterday, when she was wearing her little Coast Guard outfit -- both mom and dad are active duty Coast Guard. She's too damn cute.

And, yes, whackadoo is a pretty good description.  I think things will cool off now that Art has pretty much said he's out for two more years.

analog kid

Quote from: HorrorRetro on November 23, 2013, 03:40:21 PM
The boards definitely seem a bit different lately.

Well Eddie Coyle isn't currently around, which is lame. And I blame those trolly newbs, and I'll take a pass on the whole infernal Art Bell Quits thread.

And you're awesome too and congratulations on the granddaughter.