• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

dan7800

A bit of a sad day.

I backed Heather for so long, but she lost it. Enough with the drama

Hello XXXXX ,

You have successfully cancelled your subscription to Midnight in the Desert

You will not be billed for this subscription again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Cancellation Details
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Cancellation Date: Apr 24, 2018

Subscription Name: Midnight in the Desert

Subscription Number: XXXXXXXXXX

Item Number: 5

bellNwhistle

Quote"Yeah well we had a plan and the Nye county sheriff ruined that. I was going to be on last Tuesday. Now Keith knows I can't go on for family reasons and he is going behind my back and this is unacceptable."

Anyone figure this out yet?

I wonder if the family she's referring to is Art's? I mean, Art could have asked Airyn to treat Heather like family in the event of his death, but she definitely did not have to follow through with that. We know she wasn't into his show, nor did she care much for the crazy fans..  Heather was a "fan" (was here in the forum anyway),.  A fan who moved from wherever she lived, to be next-door neighbors. If that isn't crazy, I don't' know what is?

Heather bought this property off of Art? She presumably had access to his studio, which would be miles better than her own, assuming she was ever really doing the show from her own place. (Yes, she may have bought the property only a month ago, but that doesn't' mean she hasn't been living there longer).  Airyn might not have control over this house Heather just bought, but she certainly would have control over the studio. She was (I would assume, be it right or wrong) that Airyn had no part of this contract between Heather and Keith/MITD. She doesn't have to let Heather use this studio at all. In fact, she could put a lock on it and not let anyone use it from here on out. That's her right as the widow.  If she sells off the properties they owned, Heather is S.O.L.  Maybe there's a restraining order? We just don't know.

Heather has had how long to learn the ropes of doing a radio show? 3 years? She has said many times since his death that she doesn't think she can go on. She's said said numerous things to suggest that she has no self confidence in her abilities to do the program.  "All she had was Art".  Art's gone, and now she has no one. Including no one to reassure her on a daily basis (or so we're led to believe, despite the number of dedicated listeners assuring her) that she's good enough.  This might lead one to question- was Art with her in the studio on a regular basis?  So could she literally NOT do the show w/out him? How long has she been there in Pahrump? Using his equipment?

Back to the stalker.  Airyn didn't want Art to do the show. Art was on a downhill slide with his health.  He met Heather, and she seemed to be the perfect apprentice. Only, how does Art please his wife, who is not only tired of his radio life, but probably worried about him being around for their kids? And now you have to get this apprentice on board with taking over the show?  You need a story.  You need a stalker. You need something crazy enough that seems to justify to your fans- who have been dying for your return - that you need to quit just as soon as you've begun.  The stalker story fits the bill perfectly. In fact, if Airyn knew it was bogus, but Heather didn't, even better.  (Heather did call the cops and got yelled for it, right?)  If Airyn wasn't in on it right away, and realized later it was all a sham to get Heather moved into the area, that might piss her off as a young wife. I mean, how could you not be wondering why the hell your husband was so desperate to get somebody almost half his age to live near him? It's not even like she would have zero reason to assume he might be interested in Heather. Maybe he had to assure her with this last baby.

Did I wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 24, 2018, 04:18:11 AM
I have a nasty cold and am staying home from work which gives me tons of time to read the new novel this thread has become in between naps. What a drama fest.

The thread gets funnier with Nyquil. I highly recommend it.

Lord Grantham

There's been 34 pages since I last posted yesterday. Who was the secret guest host?

DanTSX

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 24, 2018, 06:41:26 AM
Anyone figure this out yet?

I wonder if the family she's referring to is Art's? I mean, Art could have asked Airyn to treat Heather like family in the event of his death, but she definitely did not have to follow through with that. We know she wasn't into his show, nor did she care much for the crazy fans..  Heather was a "fan" (was here in the forum anyway),.  A fan who moved from wherever she lived, to be next-door neighbors. If that isn't crazy, I don't' know what is?

Heather bought this property off of Art? She presumably had access to his studio, which would be miles better than her own, assuming she was ever really doing the show from her own place. (Yes, she may have bought the property only a month ago, but that doesn't' mean she hasn't been living there longer).  Airyn might not have control over this house Heather just bought, but she certainly would have control over the studio. She was (I would assume, be it right or wrong) that Airyn had no part of this contract between Heather and Keith/MITD. She doesn't have to let Heather use this studio at all. In fact, she could put a lock on it and not let anyone use it from here on out. That's her right as the widow.  If she sells off the properties they owned, Heather is S.O.L.  Maybe there's a restraining order? We just don't know.

Heather has had how long to learn the ropes of doing a radio show? 3 years? She has said many times since his death that she doesn't think she can go on. She's said said numerous things to suggest that she has no self confidence in her abilities to do the program.  "All she had was Art".  Art's gone, and now she has no one. Including no one to reassure her on a daily basis (or so we're led to believe, despite the number of dedicated listeners assuring her) that she's good enough.  This might lead one to question- was Art with her in the studio on a regular basis?  So could she literally NOT do the show w/out him? How long has she been there in Pahrump? Using his equipment?

Back to the stalker.  Airyn didn't want Art to do the show. Art was on a downhill slide with his health.  He met Heather, and she seemed to be the perfect apprentice. Only, how does Art please his wife, who is not only tired of his radio life, but probably worried about him being around for their kids? And now you have to get this apprentice on board with taking over the show?  You need a story.  You need a stalker. You need something crazy enough that seems to justify to your fans- who have been dying for your return - that you need to quit just as soon as you've begun.  The stalker story fits the bill perfectly. In fact, if Airyn knew it was bogus, but Heather didn't, even better.  (Heather did call the cops and got yelled for it, right?)  If Airyn wasn't in on it right away, and realized later it was all a sham to get Heather moved into the area, that might piss her off as a young wife. I mean, how could you not be wondering why the hell your husband was so desperate to get somebody almost half his age to live near him? It's not even like she would have zero reason to assume he might be interested in Heather. Maybe he had to assure her with this last baby.

Did I wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?
restraining order

dan7800

Quote from: Lord Grantham on April 24, 2018, 06:59:56 AM
There's been 34 pages since I last posted yesterday. Who was the secret guest host?

George Noory

LadyFish

Quote from: Skeleton Jelly on April 24, 2018, 03:08:49 AM
Threw that bitch right under the bus wheels hahaha

So when the Facebookers read Keith’s email, there is a chance for moooore FB drama today?

Quote from: Morgus on April 23, 2018, 03:01:46 PM

Do you not think that you brought all that hate on yourself because you are an ass-hat?

Quote from: LadyFish on April 24, 2018, 07:10:12 AM
So when the Facebookers read Keith’s email, there is a chance for moooore FB drama today?

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 23, 2018, 10:58:02 PM
My prediction: Lasha and Heather become a couple before the end of the year. Lasha is the "man." ;)
My prediction: Airyn sells all that she gets from Art's estate, moves to Hawaii and Heather is left in the desert all alone casting spells on unsuspecting lizards and snakes trying to turn them into Art or Airyn brings all her family to live with her and makes Heather's life a living hell, either way nothing good will come of this interloper.

Loaded

Quote from: FallenSeraph on April 24, 2018, 02:45:18 AM
So I just got this email from Dark Matter (Keith). What really disturbs me is I HAD NO IDEA I WAS SUBSCRIBED, but whatever:

----- With the passing of Art Bell, Heather Wade was not under any condition to do a show. She has taken one week to get back to the show. When she couldn't go on this week either, I was planning to offer a guest host, so we could have new LIVE shows to add to the archives. I did not want to run another week of replays as each of these replays are already in the archives and available to you as a subscriber. Heather did not like this decision and threatened to quit unless I played more replays. She indicated she would come back next Monday April 30th. So I had to put more replays on for this week. I'm sorry that you'll only have half the shows in the archives you would normally have, but Heather is causing me to do this. It's not my choice. Also, if Heather does chose to quit, I will handle the cancellations for everybody to stop the autopays, and will extend everyones access for 2 months, so you have a chance to listen or download the shows. Please don't cancel by contacting your credit card company, it really costs us a lot in chargeback fees. So please let us handle the shutdown process appropriately. Thanks for your understanding, we hope Heather returns on next Monday and we'll all grieve and heal together. Keith ---------------------------
I woke up this morning to this gem in my inbox.  LOLOLOLOL
How the hell does Heather get back on the air with such a shit storm around her?  Should be a glorious on-air meltdown for the ages if/when she returns!  I think I'll stay subscribed just a little longer to archive that show.  ;D

Dr Who

Here is the one thing I have leaned this week,George Noory actually has got a set of balls ,he phoned MV on the last podcast and took it all on the chin.
I have to say Heather I am really disappointed this week,I have always supported you but my first wife died of cancer 17 years ago and I got 3 days,return to work or no job was my bosses attitude.

Quote from: FallenSeraph on April 24, 2018, 02:45:18 AM
So I just got this email from Dark Matter (Keith). What really disturbs me is I HAD NO IDEA I WAS SUBSCRIBED, but whatever:

----- With the passing of Art Bell, Heather Wade was not under any condition to do a show. She has taken one week to get back to the show. When she couldn't go on this week either, I was planning to offer a guest host, so we could have new LIVE shows to add to the archives. I did not want to run another week of replays as each of these replays are already in the archives and available to you as a subscriber. Heather did not like this decision and threatened to quit unless I played more replays. She indicated she would come back next Monday April 30th. So I had to put more replays on for this week. I'm sorry that you'll only have half the shows in the archives you would normally have, but Heather is causing me to do this. It's not my choice. Also, if Heather does chose to quit, I will handle the cancellations for everybody to stop the autopays, and will extend everyones access for 2 months, so you have a chance to listen or download the shows. Please don't cancel by contacting your credit card company, it really costs us a lot in chargeback fees. So please let us handle the shutdown process appropriately. Thanks for your understanding, we hope Heather returns on next Monday and we'll all grieve and heal together. Keith ---------------------------
In Japan we call this type of person a 雌犬 or Meinu and she needs to be treated as such.

cweb

Catching up on this thread. SO many lulz.

wr250

Quote from: Dr Who on April 24, 2018, 07:37:19 AM
Here is the one thing I have leaned this week,George Noory actually has got a set of balls ,he phoned MV on the last podcast and took it all on the chin.
actually i respect george noory for this. while i dont like his on air persona, this made him seem human, like the rest of us.
I have to say Heather I am really disappointed this week,I have always supported you but my first wife died of cancer 17 years ago and I got 3 days,return to work or no job was my bosses attitude.
in 2012 when my wife died, i was given a week by my boss, because of travel time, and i had get my children.

bateman

Look at the retweets on @artbellcom

This is getting good.

I'm not sure if this person is sincere. Seems like some White Crow level trolling going on here. Oh, and only 499 stations to go!

trust_no_one

All this enjoyment demonstrates that we are "vaguely lovable".   ;)

MAX

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 24, 2018, 03:00:40 AM
Enjoy your group heal and grieve.  I took Art's dying hard, but now I'm pretty much over it.

I was a Art fan and listened to him over all his startups and shutdowns and startups again.  Was a great broadcaster , no doubt, but I was surprised when he died that I really didn't give a shit. 

This guy watches Hallmark movies that remind him of Heather. I think he might be ovulating.

Taco Bell

As the show, the network and the "talent" are business/company related and intertwined, I have NEVER heard of clients I've worked with or stations I've worked for air dirty laundry like this out in public. While it is entertaining - more so than the program - it makes the whole operation look like amateur hour.

The dealings, the spats, the freakouts, the call outs should only happen behind closed doors - not out in the open. If any on-air personality, sales rep or employee of the company were to speak ill about a competitor, colleague or co-worker on a public forum or platform, that person would be out the door and unemployed.

That being said, I'm enjoying the hell out of this.