• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150825 - Peter Robbins - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 25, 2015, 09:45:41 PM

BellBoy

Quote from: Pumamama on August 26, 2015, 03:11:53 AM
...and being unprepared (unusual for him), I'm worried about Art.

Well, I suppose there is always YOUR perception of events...

Pumamama

Quote from: BellBoy on August 26, 2015, 02:57:47 AM
See:

::)

Art. ASKED. Him. To. Air. The. Dirty. Laundry.

Then Art sighed, cut Robbins off, wouldn't let him finish, read several nasty texts to his invited guest ON. THE. AIR. and complained to the guest that others (Halt, Pope et al) were not there -- although Art had not invited them.

Art Bell

No I did not tell him to get into the dirt, go back and listen. Just before the brake of the last Hour I thought the bashing was over, he said he had something big and not pretty, I was sure it was about the case so I said sure. None of this guys pre show material indicated he was going to do a bash fest. I simply will not allow that on my show, not by anybody, it is not fair to the people who can not respond. He may be a good guy who got bad news just before the show or something, I have no idea. What I read him was directly from the Wormhole word for word. It really pisses me of that somebody would come on a show with a stated intent to talk about a important case and then use the air time to go after other people. I will NOT allow it.

Art

Art Bell

One more thing, how the hell could I invite those others when I had no idea those attacks were coming, jeez.

Art

BellBoy

Quote from: Art Bell on August 26, 2015, 03:22:27 AM
One more thing, how the hell could I invite those others when I had no idea those attacks were coming, jeez.

Art

Art Bell

Quote from: Pumamama on August 26, 2015, 02:50:05 AM
It's odd that Art knows so little about such a major case.

I know plenty about the case, a better question is why didn't my Guest talk about the case instead of bash others? I tried again and again to talk about the case, he didn't want that, what Universe are you in?

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Art Bell on August 26, 2015, 03:22:27 AM

Art

+1

pate

Quote from: Art Bell on August 26, 2015, 03:18:51 AM
No I did not tell him to get into the dirt, go back and listen. Just before the brake of the last Hour I thought the bashing was over, he said he had something big and not pretty, I was sure it was about the case so I said sure. None of this guys pre show material indicated he was going to do a bash fest. I simply will not allow that on my show, not by anybody, it is not fair to the people who can not respond. He may be a good guy who got bad news just before the show or something, I have no idea. What I read him was directly from the Wormhole word for word. It really pisses me of that somebody would come on a show with a stated intent to talk about a important case and then use the air time to go after other people. I will NOT allow it.

Art

I knew I was drinking whiskey for a greater reason tonight, sir.

Fisticuffs *engaged* target acquired (methinks).

I do love to administer an "on the spot correction."

Where away? (target please)

Mild Bill

From what I gather, the majority opinion on this thread is that you did the right thing, Art.

Time to put the show to bed. Tomorrow is another day!

Quote from: Art Bell on August 26, 2015, 03:18:51 AM

Art

It is true he would never get to the point for a full hour, he spoke in a weird generalization type way. He kept hinting at a big reveal and we finally got some information about a conference that no one has heard of and someone was slandered by someone else saying they were unfit for the military.

What the heck did this have to do with anything? Although I did find it amusing Robbins could talk so much, while saying so little.

Quote from: Art Bell on August 26, 2015, 03:30:19 AM
I know plenty about the case, a better question is why didn't my Guest talk about the case instead of bash others? I tried again and again to talk about the case, he didn't want that, what Universe are you in?

The only valid counter argument is that could be made is that you should have just dumped him. Could have had almost a full hour of open lines, love open lines. Just happy Art is back doing a show, no matter who the guest is.  :D

RoseGirl

The WormHole flung far more mud around the room than the guest ever did. Just sayin.

Art Bell

Well it did upset me, it exactly why the UFO community does not get traction, if they spent half the time in real investigation as they do trying to cut each other's throats they might get some place, I hate that crap

Art

norland2424

Quote from: RoseGirl on August 26, 2015, 03:39:13 AM
The WormHole flung far more mud around the room than the guest ever did. Just sayin.

it might have but im pretty sure all of this will be a big warning to the next guest that has secret agenda to just use arts show to cause trouble.

BellBoy

Quote from: RoseGirl on August 26, 2015, 03:39:13 AM

Well, maybe Art should restructure his show to be all warm, cuddly and fuzzy. Kind of like.... hmmmmm, Bella-Haven maybe?

Peter Robbins was there to defend himself.

Gassy Man

I'm surprised Art was as patient as he was.  I wouldn't have been in his place.  I would have gone to open lines to keep from exploding on air.  The guest was the worst.  He obviously had little of merit to discuss and kept wanting to steer the conversation toward only marginally tangential topics to cover for it.  I almost turned the show off -- and I've been waiting a long time for Art's return like everyone else -- because the guest was so infuriatingly evasive and confusing.  It was giving me a headache.  It was making me numb.  This is Midnight in the Desert and not that other show.  Let him peddle his woe-is-me shenanigans there.  That kind of pablum isn't what this show is about.

RoseGirl

Quote from: Art Bell on August 26, 2015, 03:43:57 AM
Well it did upset me, it exactly why the UFO community does not get traction, if they spent half the time in real investigation as they do trying to cut each other's throats they might get some place, I hate that crap

Art

Totally agree, Art. The community needs to grow up a lot. I can completely understand the frustration.

AppealPlay

I'm sure you did great, Art.  Just waking up myself and going to listen to the archive with a cup of coffee.  Sounds exciting in any event. :D

RoseGirl

Hey...you know...that might make a great show. How the UFO 'community' has been changing, how the new 'quantum' ideas figure in and how the old guard is handling it. Hmmm...got the old thinking cap on, I guess.

Quote from: Art Bell on August 26, 2015, 03:43:57 AM

Art

Bateman ( Steve Warner) has been saying the same thing, that and hoaxes are ruining any chance the UFO community has at getting wider acceptance .

Everybody get some sleep!

Goodnight BellGab
Goodnight Art
Goodnight moon

RoseGirl

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 26, 2015, 04:02:20 AM
Bateman ( Steve Warner) has been saying the same thing. I think you are both right.

..um....like...I just said it too.

Art Bell

Yes it is simply too small a community to be this divided, it already suffers from ridicule without stabbing itself in the back, this has been a serious problem for Years and it is getting worse, much less civility. Yes I could have given him the boot but I kept hoping he would get the idea that I was not going for the attack stuff and start talking about the event itself as he indicated in the pre show material, hell we posted a ton of pictures at his request and I could only get him to mention one. He had other things on his mind.

Art

pate

Quote from: BellBoy on August 26, 2015, 03:45:47 AM
Well, maybe Art should restructure his show to be all warm, cuddly and fuzzy. Kind of like.... hmmmmm, Bella-Haven maybe?

Peter Robbins was there to defend himself.

Perhaps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2buteHswvBA

RoseGirl

Quote from: Art Bell on August 26, 2015, 04:04:50 AM
Yes it is simply too small a community to be this divided, it already suffers from ridicule without stabbing itself in the back, this has been a serious problem for Years and it is getting worse, much less civility. Yes I could have given him the boot but I kept hoping he would get the idea that I was not going for the attack stuff and start talking about the event itself as he indicated in the pre show material, hell we posted a ton of pictures at his request and I could only get him to mention one. He had other things on his mind.

Art

Yeah...I wanted to know about those pictures that were drawn...how they came about. Lots of stuff there to talk about.

pate

Art

Sir, to lighten your mind, I submit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFNG-sxLnM8

I'm over it. I am excited for tomorrow night's show!

QuoteWed Aug 26 â€" Marcus Hutter
Posted on August 26, 2015 in Guests | 37 Views | Leave a response

Marcus Hutter is a Professor in the RSCS at the Australian National University in Canberra, Australia.  He received his PhD and BSc in physics from the LMU in Munich and a Habilitation, MSc, and BSc in informatics from the TU Munich. Since 2000, his research at IDSIA and now ANU is centered on the information-theoretic foundations of inductive reasoning and reinforcement learning, which has resulted in over 100 publications and several awards.  His book “Universal Artificial Intelligence”, published in 2005, develops the first sound and complete theory of Artificial Intelligence.  He also runs the Human Knowledge Compression Contest offering winners a prize of 50,000 Euros.

BellBoy

Art

It really is sad to watch them devour one another in a desperate grab for a slice of that very finite pie... but, none the less, I do have to admit to just a little bit of schadenfreude while watching...

just a little...