• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

True Capitalist Radio - The Ghost Show | Monday - Friday 4 - 7 PM CST

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, July 08, 2016, 08:20:04 PM

Quote from: albrecht on December 11, 2017, 09:25:08 PM
Ha. "The 'Burbs" reference by Ghost, Tom Hank's best movie but overlooked by the public and The Academy.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on December 11, 2017, 09:25:08 PM
Ha. "The 'Burbs" reference by Ghost, Tom Hank's best movie but overlooked by the public and The Academy.

It was pretty good! I've always had a soft spot for that one. Bruce Dern!  ;D

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 11, 2017, 09:50:05 PM
He was the funniest part of the movie.
He was great! but, personally, I liked the somewhat xenophobic and suspicious mind of Bruce Dern's character. "Kopek, is that Slavic?"  And the classic:
Mark Rumsfield: Oh, pretty girl! Friend of yours?

Hans Klopek: No, it came with the frame.

Mark Rumsfield: [mocking] It came wit de frame?

I still always say when I see a frame at a store or if someone buys or gives it (as we might see at Christmas) "it came wit de frame" and get laughter from those in the know!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 11, 2017, 09:50:05 PM
He was the funniest part of the movie.

Sure was.  Never saw him before or since but that was definitely his moment in the Sun.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 11, 2017, 09:57:01 PM
Sure was.  Never saw him before or since but that was definitely his moment in the Sun.
Always eating. Getting along with the local teens, spreading rumors and joking about Tom. Sniping at crows. The scene in which Carrie Fisher doesn't let Tom Hanks "come out and play" was hilarious also. Reminded me so much of when some neighbor's mom wouldn't let a kid out to play and we'd mumble off disappointedly.

Shame that the guy that played Art passed away so young. 

It's good to know that there are others that appreciate The 'Burbs as much as I do. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 11, 2017, 10:10:03 PM
Shame that the guy that played Art passed away so young. 

It's good to know that there are others that appreciate The 'Burbs as much as I do.

Yeah. Fucking diabetes strikes again! ::)

albrecht

Ghost going sober? Two days in, but ha. Maybe that is why he wasn't around for some months? Some Betty Ford, first?

So it seems Ghost is on M-W-F at 7:30 Eastern.  I like the times...

Looks to be an action packed show this evening - starting in 5 minutes

True Capitalist Radio hosted by Ghost - episode #518
QuoteCryptocurrency & Stock coverage. POTUS pushes GOP to finalize tax-cuts before Christmas. Deputy AP at DOJ testifies in front of the House Judiciary Committee. Roy Moore's loss in Alabama is a dangerous precedent set by the political establishment. #MeToo movement undermining women who've actually been sexually abused and/or assaulted. Ghost goes off on identity politics, racism, ignorance and the 2018 election; its time for new blood in politics. Sec. State Tillerson and White House at odds over what to do with North Korea. Turkey's Erdogan aims to "unite Muslims behind Anti-Trump declaration." EU withdraws from Brexit talks after MP Torie revolt. China is collecting DNA and Iris scans of its Muslim population in the Xinjiang province. UK surgeon admits to brandind initials on the livers of patients. Is Starbucks using its Wifi to highjack its users hardware to secretly mine Bitcoin? Other news and commentary, plus Gab shoutouts and Radio Graffiti.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ghost/2017/12/14/true-capitalist-radio-hosted-by-ghost--episode-518

Thanks for the link, guys. Always on the hunt for a good podcast!

Quote from: Original Larry on December 13, 2017, 06:55:25 PM
Thanks for the link, guys. Always on the hunt for a good podcast!

It's not for the faint of heart. 

First part of the show is usually financial stuff, which may or may not interest you.  If it doesn't, hang tough.  The Ghost will move on to  topics of the day soon enough.  Then just hang on!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 13, 2017, 06:58:47 PM
It's not for the faint of heart. 

First part of the show is usually financial stuff, which may or may not interest you.  If it doesn't, hang tough.  The Ghost will move on to  topics of the day soon enough.  Then just hang on!

Is radio graffiti still a thing?  ???

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 13, 2017, 06:59:47 PM
Is radio graffiti still a thing?  ???

You bet.   The Ghost has left Twitter [or perhaps Twitter has left The Ghost] so it's just gab based now.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 13, 2017, 07:00:56 PM
You bet.   The Ghost has left Twitter [or perhaps Twitter has left The Ghost] so it's just gab based now.
gab.ai

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 13, 2017, 07:00:56 PM

Beautiful! Best part of the show. Although, I heard he quit drinking. What's he going to kick when he gets angry?!  ???

Quote from: albrecht on December 13, 2017, 07:05:17 PM
So like an escrow party built into the coin itself?

dunno man.   I really need to educate myself on the world of cryptocurrencies.    I know Jack & Shit and Jack left town.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 13, 2017, 07:13:24 PM
dunno man.   I really need to educate myself on the world of cryptocurrencies.    I know Jack & Shit and Jack left town.
Same but I'll wait til the crash and stuff is cheaper again to get into. I also haven't figured out how gab.ai works? I guess it is like twitter or facebook but I've never used them either. I was hoping it was more like BG in terms of being a forum but it not and I can't figure it out to reply to show.

ps: I posted this in bitcoin thread. A few years ago a relative got hacked and the Russian hackers demanded an amount of bit coin to regain access to his harddrive (which he never backed up and had all family photos, tax docs, papers, etc.) So he paid the $700 or so in Bit Coin (which was a weird process to get.) Anyway entered the coin number into the hackers site per instructions and, somehow, the coin went all over the place. And he got a password and all his files were decrypted. Well after the transaction there were some 'bits' left over. I told him to check his 'wallet' the other day with all this madness and those remaining bits are now worth more than he paid in by several hundred. So he profited by getting hacked by Russians, inadvertently and got his harddrive back. Weird. He said he is probably going to hold it and see what happens, I don't know, it is pretty high and I advised maybe take some out.

Quote from: albrecht on December 13, 2017, 07:26:54 PM
Same but I'll wait til the crash and stuff is cheaper again to get into. I also haven't figured out how gab.ai works? I guess it is like twitter or facebook but I've never used them either. I was hoping it was more like BG in terms of being a forum but it not and I can't figure it out to reply to show.

ps: I posted this in bitcoin thread. A few years ago a relative got hacked and the Russian hackers demanded an amount of bit coin to regain access to his harddrive (which he never backed up and had all family photos, tax docs, papers, etc.) So he paid the $700 or so in Bit Coin (which was a weird process to get.) Anyway entered the coin number into the hackers site per instructions and, somehow, the coin went all over the place. And he got a password and all his files were decrypted. Well after the transaction there were some 'bits' left over. I told him to check his 'wallet' the other day with all this madness and those remaining bits are now worth more than he paid in by several hundred. So he profited by getting hacked by Russians, inadvertently and got his harddrive back. Weird. He said he is probably going to hold it and see what happens, I don't know, it is pretty high and I advised maybe take some out.

Wow - that's quite a tale.   Glad the guy made a little something out of that ransomware nightmare. 

When it first was a thing, I signed up for gab - I wasn't impressed.   I suppose I should give it another shot.   If I figure anything out, I'll give you any tips I learn.

akwilly

Screw it. Ghost talked me into trying my hand at day trading. I sucked at that but I'm going to try trading crypto now.

Quote from: akwilly on December 13, 2017, 09:41:59 PM
Screw it. Ghost talked me into trying my hand at day trading. I sucked at that but I'm going to try trading crypto now.

If it turns out that you are good at it, will that mean that you'll have an indoor toilet?   :-\

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on December 13, 2017, 09:41:59 PM
Good luck. It would appear, to me- no expert-, that getting in when a market is high is an interesting decision. But there are so many coins and various things so, who knows? Are there ways to 'short' coins? Idk? The tax issues also should be addressed in more detail (capital gains when one converts back? Idk. Good luck with it! I hope you and pup become millionaire and can burn poo on a really, really grand scale. Maybe a reality show: Alaskan Coin Miners! That thread has gone dead. Post fishing pics also. That thread is sparse these days. Say hi to your dog.

akwilly

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 13, 2017, 09:43:25 PM
If it turns out that you are good at it, will that mean that you'll have an indoor toilet?   :-\
I will try not to splurge on such impulse buys

akwilly

Quote from: albrecht on December 13, 2017, 10:01:01 PM
Good luck. It would appear, to me- no expert-, that getting in when a market is high is an interesting decision. But there are so many coins and various things so, who knows? Are there ways to 'short' coins? Idk? The tax issues also should be addressed in more detail (capital gains when one converts back? Idk. Good luck with it! I hope you and pup become millionaire and can burn poo on a really, really grand scale. Maybe a reality show: Alaskan Coin Miners! That thread has gone dead. Post fishing pics also. That thread is sparse these days. Say hi to your dog.
I really don't know much at all about any tax ramifications but hopefully I can make enough for that to be an issue