WhiteCrow

Quote from: TigerLily on May 23, 2018, 11:05:17 PM
Ok. If it's cool with you it's cool with me

Everything is "cool"

Coolness is...Love All

Heather and Dave S too... Love both!

bellNwhistle

Quote from: spookcat on May 24, 2018, 12:27:07 AM
One night when I was a kid, my sister, cousin and I were staying overnight at my grandma's. Really early in the morning everyone was asleep and I had to go upstairs for something (a drink, bathroom, I can't remember). The basement was really dark and I was walking up the stairs really slow so I wouldn't trip. Suddenly a voice just shouted out "BOO!" and I turned around startled, expecting my sister or cousin but no one was behind me, and the only sound that I heard after that was my grandma's cat purring loudly on the steps.

My dad and I still joke about whether the cat said "BOO".

I have a few stories, one of them might possibly be cat related, but I'm not sure.

One night, when I was probably 12-14, I was woken up in the middle of the night to the sound of the swing on the front porch moving back and forth. I could see what looked like people walking back and forth, and definitely movement of the swing. Whispering sounds. However, when I got up to look through the curtain, there was nobody there. This happened a couple of times. It seems to me that if it wasn't a real person (which it couldn't have been), then it was either ghosts, or cats. However, I saw no cats. But there were many strays in the neighborhood. 

I had another experience where in the middle of the night, I got slapped on the head. Now, I did have a younger sister sleeping in the bed below me.  It could have been her, but I did not hear anyone making a quick haul back into their bunk, or a laugh, or anything. Just a firm slap. I was so freaked out, I slept under the covers the rest of the night.

The craziest experience was something that happened on multiple occasions. I've come to pretty much believe it was a ghost. The house I grew up in has windows in the front and on the side- very large windows.  So anyone walking to the back yard from the front walkway, would be seen going past the huge front windows, and then you'd at least see their head as they walked on the side of the house to the back.  I would see a man- with no face (no discernible facial features), in jeans and a white tshirt- walking towards the side of the house, presumably to go to the back yard.  The meter is right through the side gate in the back, so you'd have to hear the gate open, and you'd typically hear the dog bark. (Never once did the dog bark when this happened).  However, when I'd see this man walk on the side of the house, I'd run to the back yard and nobody would be there. Other times, I'd see this same person walking from the back yard, towards the front. I'd go to the front window and he would be gone. There is no way he could be gone by the time I got up from the couch and looked out the front window.  It's like he disappeared. And again, I could never see a face.  Something about the front corner of the house, where it's like he just completely disappeared.  I found out years later that I was not the only one in my family to experience this.   We assumed it was the meter reader, but I don't see how it could have been.

Bluejay

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 24, 2018, 01:34:58 AM
Ummm, did you ever wonder that people may be enjoying the stories too much to post?   I know if I post too much, I stop paying attention to the show.

Up until a couple days ago, people kept on posting about Art and Heather during the show.  Now, the show's thread is about the show during showtime.
Good point!

Bluejay

Quote from: spookcat on May 24, 2018, 01:39:38 AM
People could also have other things going on. Work, taking kids to school in the morning, long day and just fell asleep before the show started, etc.
Yes!

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 24, 2018, 05:25:26 AM
My mom has MS. I wish she'd try pot, in all seriousness. It might mellow out her paranoia.  :-\

One of my hospice patients has it, and she's really a delight. Gonna guess she doesn't smoke out in the facility she's in, though. LOL  I could imagine her just laughing herself to death. :D

Richard Groyper. I wouldn't wish what you've seen and experienced on anyone. Thank you for your service.

I didn't know you worked in a hospice.  Bless you.  I could never do that. I couldn't handle all the death all of the time.  None of my family does well in a hospice.  My bro and dad died within 24 hours of being re-located to a hospice.   It's an admirable job from my point of view.  Someone needs to care for the dying.

Have you ever witnessed anything paranormal while working there?

Bluejay

Lilith

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 24, 2018, 05:49:09 AM
Is it though? LOL  ;D

Actually, I was going back in my private messages, to when I first started here. He sent me some very nice PM's right after we found out Art was leaving.

I'm guessing he got sucked into the world of Heather soon after?  :D

Mostly teasing, WC.  ;)

WhiteTroll has always been charming,  like "Senda in a suit"  :)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 24, 2018, 06:54:18 AM
I didn't know you worked in a hospice.  Bless you.  I could never do that. I couldn't handle all the death all of the time.  None of my family does well in a hospice.  My bro and dad died within 24 hours of being re-located to a hospice.   It's an admirable job from my point of view.  Someone needs to care for the dying.

Have you ever witnessed anything paranormal while working there?

I’m a volunteer, so I guess so used the term “work” loosely.

I sit with some patients on a regular basis, for socialization/companionship. Mostly I do 11th Hour vigils, sitting with people who are dying, when they don’t have anyone to be with them. I have had at least one really memorable experience, though a couple of others where I did question if someone was in the room with us that I could not see.

I play music during most vigils. One of my first vigils was with a man who was completely non-responsive. However, his hands seemed to start “playing” the piano and a horn, as either were being played through my Pandora app. It was at the appropriate times during the piece of music when he would do this. It didn’t last long, but it was amazing.

Our hearing is said to be the last sense to go. This seemed proof enough to me!

DaveSchrader

Good morning. I hope you all have a day filled with laughter.

DS

GravitySucks

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 24, 2018, 07:22:03 AM

DS

Thanks. Same

bellNwhistle

DS

Same to you and WinWin. :)

Lilith

DS

'Mornin Dave, same to you and yours!  :)

You never finished the last story about the coming home, how did that one turn out...sounded scary.

timebandit

my "Adoration" thread got hijacked..
it's very disappointing.
Maybe I'll start a new one daily..a single post just to get my message out there.
I have a couple spectacular one's saved up.

#HeatherArmy

ponyboysunset

Starting lasts night's episode now. Really enjoying the new MITD.  :)

Quote from: timebandit on May 24, 2018, 07:30:01 AM
Maybe I'll start a new  "Adoration" thread 

I was told there would be no math...

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 24, 2018, 07:36:33 AM

'Mornin PBS.  I stayed up and listened last night.  :)

Loaded

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 24, 2018, 07:36:33 AM
Me too!  The show is worth listening to again  :)

El Chorro

Quote from: Doomed on May 24, 2018, 02:01:48 AM

https://youtu.be/aReYZaLuR9g
Program alternative.

Ooo...starting with Swinging Safari. I love that stuff. Sounds like soundalikes though.

#YesImGeriatricMinded
#IadmitIt

ponyboysunset

Quote from: brig on May 24, 2018, 07:50:39 AM
'Mornin PBS.  I stayed up and listened last night.  :)
Mornin' Brig and Blue Jay and Loaded and Bells and DS...did I miss anybody? LOL If so good morning to you too!
I am also enjoying DS's true crime show. I am off Friday so I might nap and hang out during the live show tonight. It's always such a fun thing to do!
Tide Pods all around for the long weekend!
;)

Dr. MD MD

DS

Many of us are laughing at your defense of mainstream news last night. That was hilarious! ;D

Metron2267

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 24, 2018, 06:13:02 AM
I have a few stories, one of them might possibly be cat related, but I'm not sure.

One night, when I was probably 12-14, I was woken up in the middle of the night to the sound of the swing on the front porch moving back and forth. I could see what looked like people walking back and forth, and definitely movement of the swing. Whispering sounds. However, when I got up to look through the curtain, there was nobody there. This happened a couple of times. It seems to me that if it wasn't a real person (which it couldn't have been), then it was either ghosts, or cats. However, I saw no cats. But there were many strays in the neighborhood. 

I had another experience where in the middle of the night, I got slapped on the head. Now, I did have a younger sister sleeping in the bed below me.  It could have been her, but I did not hear anyone making a quick haul back into their bunk, or a laugh, or anything. Just a firm slap. I was so freaked out, I slept under the covers the rest of the night.

The craziest experience was something that happened on multiple occasions. I've come to pretty much believe it was a ghost. The house I grew up in has windows in the front and on the side- very large windows.  So anyone walking to the back yard from the front walkway, would be seen going past the huge front windows, and then you'd at least see their head as they walked on the side of the house to the back.  I would see a man- with no face (no discernible facial features), in jeans and a white tshirt- walking towards the side of the house, presumably to go to the back yard.  The meter is right through the side gate in the back, so you'd have to hear the gate open, and you'd typically hear the dog bark. (Never once did the dog bark when this happened).  However, when I'd see this man walk on the side of the house, I'd run to the back yard and nobody would be there. Other times, I'd see this same person walking from the back yard, towards the front. I'd go to the front window and he would be gone. There is no way he could be gone by the time I got up from the couch and looked out the front window.  It's like he disappeared. And again, I could never see a face.  Something about the front corner of the house, where it's like he just completely disappeared.  I found out years later that I was not the only one in my family to experience this.   We assumed it was the meter reader, but I don't see how it could have been.

I'm not aware of any meter readers who dress that casually, though I suppose they might.

These are wonderful Ghost to Ghost stories and it would be wonderful to hear them told on the air, if you please.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Kolchak

DS

I’m in a Lyft headed for LAX, so today will probably be filled with migraines. But I appreciate the sentiment.

Metron2267

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 24, 2018, 07:21:20 AM
I’m a volunteer, so I guess so used the term “work” loosely.

That's a true spiritual calling regardless, thank you for your service...the the soul...

QuoteI sit with some patients on a regular basis, for socialization/companionship. Mostly I do 11th Hour vigils, sitting with people who are dying, when they don’t have anyone to be with them. I have had at least one really memorable experience, though a couple of others where I did question if someone was in the room with us that I could not see.

That sense of being observed...watched?

Or just feeling a presence?

QuoteI play music during most vigils. One of my first vigils was with a man who was completely non-responsive. However, his hands seemed to start “playing” the piano and a horn, as either were being played through my Pandora app. It was at the appropriate times during the piece of music when he would do this. It didn’t last long, but it was amazing.

Our hearing is said to be the last sense to go. This seemed proof enough to me!

Indeed yes.

Have you ever had the experience of a subject rallying and coming back to full awareness and engaging in animated and pleasing dialog immediately prior to their passing.

We were told my FIL did that in the wee hours of the morning before he passed when for days prior he had been in what appeared to be a heavy and labored sleep, which is to say non-communicative but still trying to hang on to life.

In the time he awakened and engaged the staff in conversation there was time for a priest to visit and administer last rites and then just as quickly (1/2 an hr.) he slid back into the final deep sleep and passed.

We were hours away and unable to get to him but the staff was so kind in assuring us he was charming, happy, and at peace with life.

A huge comfort to us, so what you folks do is greatly appreciated.

:)

Bart Ell

DS

#SCHRADACY

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kolchak on May 24, 2018, 08:21:33 AM
I’m in a Lyft headed for LAX, so today will probably be filled with migraines. But I appreciate the sentiment.

28 going on 68. ::)

Kolchak

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 24, 2018, 08:30:05 AM
28 going on 68. ::)

Yes. Geriatrics are crazy about the Lyft app.