• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Marijuana

Started by Marc.Knight, March 20, 2010, 01:13:07 PM

BobGrau

Quote from: Optiflex on September 11, 2012, 04:53:01 AM
Bob take your exact same IP as Onun and shove it in the ass 2 feet from you

lol cheer up you miserable cunt. No one cares if you win or lose.

onan

Quote from: Optiflex on September 11, 2012, 04:51:44 AM
I never said it was, but nice attempt to change the argument...very practiced Onun . You back peddle a lot, I can tell.

Now go get your fucking quote about how better shoes help broken legs and I won't start psycho analyzing and hypothesizing why some little bitch kid would feel the need to try act like he's a world renowned expert on anything.

I was gonna let this go being a late night argument, the day before I head to the beach.

I apologize for the misquote from the woman... it was late and i misread. I didn't mean to lie... I don't wear a halo.

I didn't try to change the argument. You posted you counseled... you posted about Ritalin and you were wrong. You still are wrong. But do what you want.

I am however tired of your insults. So to set the record straight, I am a psychiatric nurse. I have treated and observed thousands of patients some of them prescribed Ritalin, I have yet to see a psychotic break from Ritalin.

I am quite aware of side effects. I have to know them for every medicine I administer.

I have been a psychiatric nurse for over a decade.

I have cared for over well over 10,000 patients in that time. How many have you cared for? As to you would not "let my fuckin kid have that... are you aware of the side effects of nitrous oxide? Would you let your child have that?

You said you were done with me yet you continued.

And you did so with a bunch of name calling. To that... fuck you and the blowhole you call a mouth.

Just because an argument is better argued does not make the debate the final say. I know from practical experience... you, I believe, do not.

It is simple though don't have your child use Ritalin... that is your choice.

Quote from: Optiflex on September 11, 2012, 04:28:12 AM
We have a phrase here that describes guys like Onan "Educated beyond their intelligence"...

And, ironically, one describing guys like Opti is 'off their meds..'

analog kid

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on September 10, 2012, 09:19:10 PM
I'll take anything at this point, been without a supplier for a couple months.  This thread is causing me to jones! 

Any coastgabbers in Htown able to hook a fellow up  ::) ?

I'm in the US, but I have no way of getting any either. I'd like to get my sister some, as she has Crohn's, and I've read that it mitigates the symptoms.

analog kid

Quote from: M. Knight on September 11, 2012, 07:01:56 AM
Drugs are great.

'Real World' star Joey Kovar dead at 29

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/08/17/real-world-star-joey-kovar-dead-at-2/?intcmp=obnetwork

That guy looked like a real winner, but his death is cocaine related. Hardly equivalent to the subject at hand.

stevesh

And the fact that all the people who use drugs and don't die don't make the Fox News wire.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on September 10, 2012, 03:37:15 PM
Lots of people are lucky enough to not have some nagging inner presence that makes daily life intolerable. It also makes it very difficult to understand those that do.

It isn't a lack of character that makes people unable to cope. By and large coping skills are behaviors people learn to handle both inner and outer conflicts. And as always it's complicated.

great post.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Optiflex on September 10, 2012, 05:22:35 PM
I'm not against pot. It's not for everybody. One thing you never see these Pot Witnesses mentioning is that night they were just chilling and passed that girl, or guy a joint and the next thing they knew the person was in the hospital having a paranoid panic attack. But if they've been smokin regularly, socially for years and say they've never seen it..I'M CALLING YOU A LIAR!

What are you talking about? Pot never, ever gave anybody a bad reaction! If that's your answer, then I know your some kid who just started toking 2 weeks ago, trying to pretend you're some long time user.

The paranoia's is a well know side reaction to pot. It hits roughly 1 out of 4 people at some point. I can't tell you how many long time users I've counseled who suddenly got it. It's in the hundreds. "I had to stop, I was paranoid all the time" Ohh and I've also heard the pat answer from their fellows.."you just got some bad weed" I've never heard anybody say "You just got a bad Beer"

surprise:  not everything is for everyone.  i know people who are unable to drink milk or use robitussin.

Optiflex

Quote from: onan on September 11, 2012, 05:47:54 AM
I was gonna let this go being a late night argument, the day before I head to the beach.

I apologize for the misquote from the woman... it was late and i misread. I didn't mean to lie... I don't wear a halo.
Ohhh you ain't no angel!

I didn't try to change the argument. You posted you counseled... you posted about Ritalin and you were wrong. You still are wrong. But do what you want.

I'll tell you, I posted an entire websites devotion to  the problems with that drug. You quoted from another website, that also mentioned problems, but you altered the quote to make it look pro! And you admit it! It's utterly amazing. YOU validated my points and still called me wrong. 
Impulsivity..check
Inability to admit wrong..check.
Here's a compliment, you're very smart and well read. Which makes it all the more chilling, that somebody this smart is all about playing this little game. You know what I'm implying?
BTW are you aware you use a term to imply low intelligence on somebody in over 1000 of your posts?
Feelings of Superiority..check
Callousness..check

I am however tired of your insults. So to set the record straight, I am a psychiatric nurse. I have treated and observed thousands of patients some of them prescribed Ritalin, I have yet to see a psychotic break from Ritalin.

Pathological lying..check!!!!!!

Yes let's! You are subtly lying again. You are a FPN, not a PNHN. There's a world of difference. The reason you are trying to make the subtle distinction here is it sounds better in this case. A PNHN works with mental patients constantly, in a mental health environment. A FPN triage's people incarcerated in domestic disputes, usually the assailant, in the jail. They have similar backgrounds, but an FPN would not be as familiar with mental illness as a PNHN thus the reason you are trying to sneak this one past. It makes you sound more authoritative on mental health knowledge .

FPN's are a fairly recent addition into this system. Before the creation of this nursing classification the duties were split between a regular triage nurse, and deputies. Which worked fairly well except for one thing. The nurse usually visited the person and quickly triaged them, and the deputy did all the observing. DA's figured out a suspect was much more likely to speak openly to a nurse. While not realizing a nurse can testify against them. So you create a position in the prison where a nurse spends more time with the person, maybe they'll get more information out of the suspect to aid persecution. This nurse, not technically involved in law enforcement, can testify to anything they hear, see. So what am I saying? It has little to do with nursing other than first aid, and lot more to do with evidence gathering...in other words...a snitch! You observe, you make your determinations, you write notes and hand them into the DA. A perfect job for somebody who loves to manipulate!
Of course you'll respond it's just a harmless little semantics. It's literally asking somebody what do they do for a living folks,and them saying Bus driver, and then you find out they're a cab driver...why did you say Bus..."well it's close, they're both yellow"..but a bus is forty foot long? "ummmm they both have engines?"
See what I'm saying..has to lie, even a little, and then deny it...it trips them up constantly, thank god!
Manipulative..check

I am quite aware of side effects. I have to know them for every medicine I administer.

Again a little bit of the ol fudgery and I'll explain why typically they would want this person as straight as possible during this evaluation process, and this persons job of FPN does not call for them to come back and administer Meds later. So they hardly ever administer anything above aspirin or Tylenol.
If you're quite aware of the side effects then why did you make a fake quote post saying there weren't any? Because you're used to lying all the time and getting away with it.

I have been a psychiatric nurse for over a decade.

Interesting, not only are you not a PNHN, but your time frame would make you practically the Neil Armstrong of your true profession. You gotta tone down the bragging in every aspect about yourself.
Grandios self worth...check.

I have cared for over well over 10,000 patients in that time. How many have you cared for? As to you would not "let my fuckin kid have that... are you aware of the side effects of nitrous oxide? Would you let your child have that?

Tries to turn anything back around on people..passing back the blame..guilting...check

Again, the profession calls for a bunch of court time. The evaluation process of a single patient/prisoner after cleaning them up, having that supportive friendly conversation with them trying to get them to open up, and the observation period tends to run 3-4 hours.
You said you were done with me yet you continued.

Yeah, I consider blatantly offering false information on the net by a person in the medical field kinda bad, that needs to be fought.This isn't arguments like feeling and such,this is fucking facts vrs bullshit.

And you did so with a bunch of name calling. To that... fuck you and the bl
owhole you call a mouth.

The blame game..check
I read a bunch of your posts after getting very concerned at your alpha C2C poster attitude wherein it seemed you could be confronted with the gun, the bloody shirt, the finger print evidence, the video surveillance, and you'd still swear you were right. I only know of one human social animal that takes it this far without retreating Their ego just will not allow them to.  They try any manipulation possible. Like accusing you of bad language, when they have regularly used it many times in posts, themselves.
Love to hit, and say don't you hit me...check

Just because an argument is better argued does not make the debate the final say. I know from practical experience... you, I believe, do not.

Yup, any blade of grass they can grab. Like this one. I prefer "just cause you're wearing that badge, don't make you right"

It is simple though don't have your child use Ritalin... that is your choice.

This is the real chiller! This person would just love to turn little bobby into a zombie. Basically this animal is loose out there somewhere, and we're all it's prey.
If you guys get anything out of this little tete a teet ta it's that anybody who wants to just load your kid up on Ritalin without exhausting every alternate possibility first,  is a fucking monster. A real one, not one of Noori's. This one really exists!  They're more common than you think high estimates put it at 1 out of every 20 people.
This is definitely one of them, not even a regular everyday one, this one is actively in the higher stage of looking to harm people. With misinformation, manipulation , anyway possible.
I think I've pretty body slammed here. this isn't opinions, this Facts Vrs Bullshit

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Optiflex on September 11, 2012, 04:53:01 AM
Bob take your exact same IP as Onun and shove it in the ass 2 feet from you

i forgot to mention... optiflex is now administering the forum.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: MV on September 11, 2012, 11:44:45 AM

i forgot to mention... optiflex is now administering the forum.

oh... i forgot to add...  j/k.

MV/Liberace!

here is a paper i wrote on marijuana prohibition.  i'm not saying it's god's gift to the literary world or anything, but it does offer some points to consider.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: BobGrau on September 11, 2012, 05:11:02 AM

lol cheer up you miserable cunt. No one cares if you win or lose.

Actually, I was wagering on it, and had Onan as a favorite by 17.

It's currently 76-0. And we're going by goals, not touchdowns.

pepsiguy

off subject from a lurker. stevesh, that Bill Kennedy avitar raised hairs on the back of my neck. a blast from my past, watched those old movies with him and my mom on channel 9 when i was a kid. sorry, back to subject

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: MV on September 11, 2012, 11:51:26 AM
here is a paper i wrote on marijuana prohibition.  i'm not saying it's god's gift to the literary world or anything, but it does offer some points to consider.

I wrote a similar treatise for a Criminal Justice course I took many a moon ago.

It was titled "It's High Time to Stop the War on Drugs"...

I'm sure somebody else probably had that title for their paper...in 1966.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 11, 2012, 11:56:59 AM
         It was titled "It's High Time to Stop the War on Drugs"...

I'm sure somebody else probably had that title for their paper...in 1966.

lol

The other day I posted about Mexican gangs planting on open space around the SF Bay area, and how damaging and dangerous it it.

This is from todays SF Chronicle.  Marin County is just across the Golden Gate Bridge from SF.

http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/Pot-plants-seized-in-Marin-County-raid-3857975.php

This is going on all over California

Zircon

And you wonder why Nancy Pelosi keeps getting elected. You need to be stoned to vote for that insane idiot.

Marc.Knight

An open question:  In states that recently legalized recreational marijuana, what controls or laws are in place to protect children from inhaling second hand smoke from their parents?  It is my understanding (Washington state as an example) that legalized marijuana is limited to in-home consumption.  Therefore, children, against their will, can be subjected to this drug.  Comments?  Suggestions?  Answers anyone?

Yorkshire pud

Substitute weed for tobacco, excessive booze, Katy Perry and Excessive TV ads.

Hmmmm, no easy answers that don't involve sterilisation.

I have read that most people who use marijuana more or less stop doing so by about the age of 34.  Jobs, parenthood, etc., have kicked in for most people by this age, so perhaps second-hand-smoke is not as much of a concern as we might suppose?  Are there laws protecting children from second-hand tobacco smoke from parents who smoke in the home?  It's one of those tricky freedom-based issues, isn't it?  We have the right to use alcohol.  If we abuse it, our children may suffer.  If we maintain some control over our use, then it is perhaps not terribly impactful on our children.

Quote from: Philosopher on December 10, 2013, 11:56:21 AM
An open question:  In states that recently legalized recreational marijuana, what controls or laws are in place to protect children from inhaling second hand smoke from their parents?  It is my understanding (Washington state as an example) that legalized marijuana is limited to in-home consumption.  Therefore, children, against their will, can be subjected to this drug.  Comments?  Suggestions?  Answers anyone?

I would assume it`s treated the same as tobacco smoke.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: West of the Rockies on December 10, 2013, 12:00:46 PM
I have read that most people who use marijuana more or less stop doing so by about the age of 34.  Jobs, parenthood, etc., have kicked in for most people by this age, so perhaps second-hand-smoke is not as much of a concern as we might suppose?  Are there laws protecting children from second-hand tobacco smoke from parents who smoke in the home?  It's one of those tricky freedom-based issues, isn't it?  We have the right to use alcohol.  If we abuse it, our children may suffer.  If we maintain some control over our use, then it is perhaps not terribly impactful on our children.

Or their brains are sufficiently fried.

Quote from: West of the Rockies on December 10, 2013, 12:00:46 PM
I have read that most people who use marijuana more or less stop doing so by about the age of 34

I would hope so. I actually tried it back in my early 40`s and the experience was not a pleasant one at all.

Of course, like most folks, I dabbled a bit in my youth -- just after the Jurassic period -- but realized it wasn`t for me. Then, one crazy night, I found myself around some youngsters with the modern day, more potent stuff. After nearly coughing up a lung, I was nearly overwhelmed by the intense buzz. My heart was palpitating, my respiration was all wacky...and I was in full- blown panic mode!

Later, I read in a medical journal that the risk of sudden cardiac death is dramatically increased in persons OVER THE AGE OF 40 that consume cannabis. NEVER AGAIN.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: FightTheFuture on December 10, 2013, 12:18:52 PM
I would hope so. I actually tried it back in my early 40`s and the experience was not a pleasant one at all.

Of course, like most folks, I dabbled a bit in my youth -- just after the Jurassic period -- but realized it wasn`t for me. Then, one crazy night, I found myself around some youngsters with the modern day, more potent stuff. After nearly coughing up a lung, I was nearly overwhelmed by the intense buzz. My heart was palpitating, my respiration was all wacky...and I was in full- blown panic mode!

Later, I read in a medical journal that the risk of sudden cardiac death is dramatically increased in persons OVER THE AGE OF 40 that consume cannabis. NEVER AGAIN.

I'm just concerned that a broader number of babies and kids are going to be subjected to pot in the home.  This happens regularly with many families where one or more parents smoke pot in the home.  I haven't seen anything written about the matter.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Philosopher on December 10, 2013, 12:35:32 PM

I'm just concerned that a broader number of babies and kids are going to be subjected to pot in the home.  This happens regularly with many families where one or more parents smoke pot in the home.  I haven't seen anything written about the matter.

What is the proportion of pot use in family homes? I have no idea, and I'm not advocating it's use. I'd suggest (again I don't know the figures) that kids have far more chance of being harmed long term with fast food, sugar in everything, inability to speak properly, poor in home education (books rather than Xbox), lack of general parental care and responsibility, yakking away on phones rather than paying attention and talking to their offspring and lots more things before we get to pot smoking.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: FightTheFuture on December 10, 2013, 12:00:48 PM
I would assume it`s treated the same as tobacco smoke.

Except that it is much more powerful and mind altering drug.  If recreational pot is legalized for in-home use, I suggest that there be severe civil punishments for parents who smoke around their children.  The problem is the act is hidden behind closed doors. 

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 10, 2013, 12:43:42 PM
What is the proportion of pot use in family homes? I have no idea, and I'm not advocating it's use. I'd suggest (again I don't know the figures) that kids have far more chance of being harmed long term with fast food, sugar in everything, inability to speak properly, poor in home education (books rather than Xbox), lack of general parental care and responsibility, yakking away on phones rather than paying attention and talking to their offspring and lots more things before we get to pot smoking.

All of which is important but should not distract from the issue.  All issues, such as you list, aren't necessarily positioned in an order of priority.  If a child is eating Doritos and at the same time inhaling second-hand pot smoke from Mommy I am more concerned with the pot.