• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Blitz

Started by Heather Wade, June 25, 2015, 09:39:54 PM

chefist

PLEASE REFER TO THIS POST FOR ALL REDDIT INFO

1. The AMA will be posted at 6pm EDT, TUESDAY, JULY 14th. Refer to BellGab and UFOship.com Chat!.

2. Art will begin answering questions on that post at 6:30pm EDT.

3. . If you've used reddit before and would like to help with the event tomorrow please PM Chefist for details.

4. If you've never used reddit before, Plesse feel free to ask for help and Chefist will assign some one to help you. Join us at UFOship.com Chat 45 minutes before Art's AMA for discussion, strategy, questions, ect.

5. To promote the AMA please tweet, Facebook, out the time, date, and location and note that the link to the event will be posted at 6pm EDT.

6. If you have any more questions please PM me or Chefist.

7. Have fun!

Is it socially acceptable to pay a homeless guy standing on a busy street 20 bucks to hold a sign advertising the show for an hour or two

chefist

If you look on the left side of the screen, you will notice a "LIVE" box with a flashing dot next to it! When Art is on, you will see this! FYI...

chefist

This is an example of the link we will send for when Art's AMA is LIVE:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3d9luh/were_scientists_on_the_nasa_new_horizons_team/

It's the live AMA of the Pluto explorer pass by...

You will see the little "LIVE" with the flashing dot next to it, which means it is up and running...

chefist

I watched Penn and Teller's Fool Us this week. There was a magician that fooled them by solving a Rubik’s Cube so quickly that you could see him do it!

He is doing an AMA right now...some of the questions have over 1000 up votes...let's see how we do compared to that today with Art!

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3d5wlc/hi_im_steven_brundage_the_magician_who_fooled/

zeebo

Can someone point me to a good email template for sending to station managers?  Art just posted that one of Portland's big stations has climbed aboard the party train, and this strengthens my case here in the pacific northwest.

Edit:  Never mind, I found Quimby's template below which seems to be working well, so I'll start with that.
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,8019.msg412600.html#msg412600

indigoo

Quote from: NXOEED on July 12, 2015, 10:14:45 PM
Okay, here we go. Here are those doubles and handbills, along with the original poster.....

Probably my favorite thing going for the blitz. Really sweet!

NXOEED

Quote from: indigoo on July 14, 2015, 03:17:52 PM

Probably my favorite thing going for the blitz. Really sweet!

Thank you kindly, Indigoo.

zeebo

Ok just blitzed my local stations! 

Bonanza Pilot

I am an avid War Thunder player and  always plug Arts return in the chat during every game I play. Art Bell fans are everywhere.

Faustina

Can one access Reddit easily from a smart phone?  I will be out and about at 3:30,... would be super helpful if I could join in on my smart phone.  Thanks.

I'm ready to rock,

sorry I couldn't make the chat.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Bonanza Pilot on July 14, 2015, 03:41:21 PM
I am an avid War Thunder player and  always plug Arts return in the chat during every game I play. Art Bell fans are everywhere.

Oh, hell yes.  Work it.

Faustina

I can't figure out how to post a question.  :(

I did register, btw.

Faustina

How long will the Reddit post be left up?  It's a lot to digest.

phrodo

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 13, 2015, 11:10:21 PM
If I was a tweeter I would tweet Crystal Gayle.

So are you a woofer?

Spinner

Quote from: zeebo on July 14, 2015, 03:32:51 PM
Ok just blitzed my local stations! 

Great! 
BTW, no need to limit the emails to your local stations...  We can go nationwide.  :)

Inspired by Reddit, for the Blitz ( resized for the forum)

Insider

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 25, 2015, 09:39:54 PM
This.  Is.  The.  Blitz. 

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are either ignorant or stupid.

So, here's a little education: 'The Blitz' is not something to throw around lightly; when used in the context of a frivolous activity such as this it's just downright offensive, not to mention utterly disgraceful.

Would you be calling this activity 'The 9/11', 'The Pearl Harbor' or 'The Hiroshima'? Somehow I doubt it.

Please try using your brain a bit harder the next time you have such an outstanding idea, thanks.

onan

Quote from: Insider on July 15, 2015, 04:55:25 PM
I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are either ignorant or stupid.

So, here's a little education: 'The Blitz' is not something to throw around lightly; when used in the context of a frivolous activity such as this it's just downright offensive, not to mention utterly disgraceful.

Would you be calling this activity 'The 9/11', 'The Pearl Harbor' or 'The Hiroshima'? Somehow I doubt it.

Please try using your brain a bit harder the next time you have such an outstanding idea, thanks.

Wow, I am really blitzed.

ItsOver

Quote from: onan on July 15, 2015, 05:17:25 PM
Wow, I am really blitzed.
It should have been called The Revolution.

Art_s Farts

I prefer the liberation or the emancipation from suckage

chefist

Hi Dave!

Agree.  Also offended at the phrase "the holocaust that killed the dinosaurs."

NXOEED

We totally should have called it Pearl Harbor.

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 15, 2015, 05:40:07 PM
Agree.  Also offended at the phrase "the holocaust that killed the dinosaurs."

I'm glad you mentioned this, Cam, but it offends me you had to use the actual word in order to do so.

What so terribly offends me is some blasted coffee chain has usurped a character from "Moby-Dick."   I so feel for Herman Melville.  A travesty of the highest order.  Is there no shame?