• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jim Marrs dies at 73

Started by MrHippie, August 03, 2017, 06:52:16 PM

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 17, 2018, 09:57:32 PM
I don’t see anyone actually trusting rense to run a fair bidding process since it does not include any transparency.
Selling at item doesn't need to be under auction terms. Most estate sales aren't. There are other kinds of auctions. And there is no law saying you can't sell an old desk however you wish too (basically.) Heck go to most antique stores, estate sales, etc and there is always 'haggle room.' Though it is weird that he, assuming Rense is running this, or even if some executor or heir, why wouldn't DO a more public bidding. Might generate higher price? But then the provenance issues?  It was a small bit on the crazy circa 90's style Rense site,hurts eyes, (that I haven't checked out for a while but saw someone posting his shows and thought "wonder what's up over there?")

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on June 17, 2018, 10:05:42 PM
Selling at item doesn't need to be under auction terms. Most estate sales aren't. There are other kinds of auctions. And there is no law saying you can't sell an old desk however you wish too (basically.) Heck go to most antique stores, estate sales, etc and there is always 'haggle room.' Though it is weird that he, assuming Rense is running this, or even if some executor or heir, why wouldn't DO a more public bidding. Might generate higher price? But then the provenance issues?  It was a small bit on the crazy circa 90's style Rense site,hurts eyes, (that I haven't checked out for a while but saw someone posting his shows and thought "wonder what's up over there?")

I get that he CAN list it any way he wants. I wouldn’t bid on it the way he has it worded. Who knows how long he would hold your bid trying to get more. Or tell you he had a better offer hoping you would raise yours. Put a “buy it now” price on it and say “or best offer by 7/31/2018” or something like that.

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 17, 2018, 10:14:33 PM
I get that he CAN list it any way he wants. I wouldn’t bid on it the way he has it worded. Who knows how long he would hold your bid trying to get more. Or tell you he had a better offer hoping you would raise yours. Put a “buy it now” price on it and say “or best offer by 7/31/2018” or something like that.

This is obviously just one side of the story, but he seems to be a reprehensible cat: https://www.henrymakow.com/jeff_renses_ninth_ex-wife_spe.html

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 17, 2018, 10:14:33 PM
Sure but sometimes different ways work. Dutch Auctions or just holding out for some crazy bid (it is Marrs's desk, supposedly.)  And in some cases one might eliminate other costs (like hiring an auctioneer, storage costs, or just lost opportunity costs trying to manage something for an old, beat-up desk.)  ;)   The way Rense, I assume I don't know he might be linking to someone else, did it doesn't seem like a motivated seller or efficient model, but I just figured I'd mentioned it here. No interest in the sale or claims, by me, of authenticity or sale.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 17, 2018, 10:22:13 PM
This is obviously just one side of the story, but he seems to be a reprehensible cat: https://www.henrymakow.com/jeff_renses_ninth_ex-wife_spe.html
Ha. Good stuff. Like Art, not that I'm equivalencing or making an opinion, but lots of feuds, claims, and exes. Interestingly, I think, HE claims that some of his former relationships were mind-control/satanic victims and such. And some even, not necessarily personal but some so (?) those folks going after him? Car crashes, stalking, planting stuff, or what-not?  The genre lets itself into a lot of feuds also with other 'experts' and hosts, some quite bitter- even without "THEM" or/and associated government agencies and/or religions groups, orders, or extra-terrestrial/demonic, which is always a consideration or claim!  ;)
ps: some of his shows about ritual Satanic abuse and etc are 'interesting' if you consider that opinion of psychopathy from his exes and feuding hosts.