• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Classic George Noory

Started by Lunger, May 29, 2009, 07:54:43 AM

Lunger

It?s been a slow week over at Coast.  Monday was the psychic vampire which I turned off.  Later on Father Diamond (?) with his (incorrect conclusions on life and religion I believe) bored us for a couple of hours.  But Wednesday night's show picked up a bit with this classic exchange;

GN:  When you talk about the Great Waves of Change, to me that has a feeling of being very positive.  Am I taking that right?

Naturally, the response is something different that George had expected.

Marshall Summers: ? Well, the great waves will really alter the landscape of the world, and when we talk about the great waves of change just let me identify what I am specially referring to.
We are talking about:
Growing economic hardship, and political instability.
Declining energy and natural resources. 
Climate change and unpredictable, and perhaps, catastrophic weather. 
The loss of aritible land and fresh water, and escalating world conflicts over who will gain access to the remaining resources.?,

That doesn?t seem very positive at all.

George's instincts are the worst I have ever encountered.  Guests like Alex Jones are always stroking him about how good his 'Feelings' are and how 'Right On' he instinctively is....  I can only say that either they need to sell a lot of books or (better yet ) they are as lame as GN is.

Anyway, it was a good laugh.  The kind that keeps me coming back for more.

What is up with Noory and "INDEED, INDEED!" ?

Whenever he has a guest on who has just predicted the apocalypse, he enters the bumper following the prediction of the apocalypse by shouting "INDEED, INDEED! Our guest tonight is ..."

WTF does "INDEED, INDEED!" mean?

EvB

A pseudo-intellectual way of saying "Yes, I agree" ?

11angeleyes11

Quote from: EvB on May 29, 2009, 04:08:47 PM
A pseudo-intellectual way of saying "Yes, I agree" ?
Suffice it to say, instead of indeed, indeed and more indeed here are some other options that he can Noritize into the segues:  Not to mention, In truth, Verily, Genuinely, In point of fact and Positively (I forgot, this is not a positive show, then Negatively.) 

These are all of my favorite speech mannerisms from C2CAM's various hosts:

Art Bell:  

?oh reaaaaalllllly??

Bad George (Noory):  

?To the phones we go!? (said as though he?s ordering a jump to warp speed)

?INDEED, INDEED!? (used when coming back from break)

Ian Punnett:  

?... next, on Coast to [pause] Coast, A [pause] Emmmm??

Rollye James:  

?... next, on Coast to Coast ayyy-M!? (with a semi-crazed lilt like she?s stripping while saying it)

Good George (Knapp):  

?Taking us into break now it?s Love Her Madly; this 1971 chart topper by the Doors quickly became one of that groups biggest hits peaking at number 11 on the Billboard Hot 100. Penned by Robby Krieger, the song was recently included as a bonus track in the 2007 reissue of LA Woman. Here it is now ? Love Her Madly - after which I?ll tell you about the time Bob Lazar and I tag-teamed Mothman at Skinwalker Ranch - on Coast to Coast AM.?   

EvB

CLASSIC - and on the money.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: RecoveringNoorholic on May 29, 2009, 08:18:08 PM
?Taking us into break now it?s Love Her Madly; this 1971 chart topper by the Doors quickly became one of that groups biggest hits peaking at number 11 on the Billboard Hot 100. Penned by Robby Krieger, the song was recently included as a bonus track in the 2007 reissue of LA Woman. Here it is now ? Love Her Madly - after which I?ll tell you about the time Bob Lazar and I tag-teamed Mothman at Skinwalker Ranch - on Coast to Coast AM.?
bwahahah

mikemcc

Oh, and don't forget his constant "I love it." It really seems that George more and more is fumbling for words -- trying to think of something to say, but his mind is a blank. At the same time, he uses meaningless phrases or fills out sentences with pointless words simply to stretch to the next break. It is actually painful to listen to. I listen to students at my university's small radio station who do much better with their on-air presence. It is so strange that there are many talented radio hosts out there on local channels who would have no problems being prepared for each night's show and who would be engaged interviewers, and yet we end up with George on a nightly show that is listened to by millions. I obviously don't want to read more into this than is warranted, but this says something to me about the acceptability of mediocrity in this country. C2C has an audience because it is pretty much the only late-night game in town... Premiere pretty much has that market cornered, so I suppose there is no need to rock the boat by bringing on a host who is actually good and demanding the producers find a variety of guests who are both thoughtful and interesting. 

xpmark12

???HOWWWWWWWWW ARRRRRRE YOUUUUUU?

why doesn't he do an Arthur Godfrey impression, "Hawaii,Hawaii, Hawaii ?" (translated;how are ya?)

???HOWWWWWWWWW ARRRRRRE YOUUUUUU?

OMFG --- I'd blocked that out.

The more sexed-up he is for a guest the longer the "you" is, too.

He used to do like a 3-second "you" to Linda M. Howe, which was one of the longest, until the Art Bell prediction that LMH and GN were gonna get hitched and LMH acted completely repulsed ... (which was another classically creepy  moment as GN recovered by saying "no - Linda is like my sister!")

KLuWolF

Indeed, Indeed.

I remember an episode of Sienfeld where Kramer gets all twitchy whenever he hears Mary Hartman on Tv. I can certainly relate as every time I hear GN anounce his guest is "conversations with Linda" or even worse is when I just turn on the radio and I hear the "monotone lady" with the bad edit interviews already in progress, argh! I get all twitchy and practically drive my truck off the road trying to get at the off button before the drone of sound coming from the speakers puts me into a trance followed by a mind seizure, unable to break free from the grasp of wondering how this could be called a conversation with anything but a robot not yet programmed for emotional highlights during verbal communication.

Indeed, Indeed.

Wasn't that from a Star Trek movie character? Oh well, when the Borg finnally get here and assimilate us, then maybe, just maybe we'll be able to understand the process that makes GN classic in all the things he does. Who was it that predicted the Borg invasion? I've lost track of all the guests... wait a minute... Borg? Hey that's fiction, who put that thought in here. Must've been a COINCIDENCE that I was thinking about Linda and a Borg Queen in the same moment of time.

Indeedily Doo, classic monograms.

I'm sure Roswell will be the story of the century another 20 or so times this year too. I wonder if there will ever be a 1st hand account of this incident. Death bed confessions just don't cut it for me from jag officers that were "accidentally" shown uber secret prisoners and then told it was all a mistake that they flew him accross the country. Give me a Roswell classic any day for jockular entertainment in stoopidity.

Interesting, Interesting. (Walt Disney, Tron, 1980)

EvB

QuoteIndeed, Indeed.

Wasn't that from a Star Trek movie character?

Spock - but he'd raise an eyebrow and only say it once.

Dixie Butcher

Quote from: KLuWolF on June 04, 2009, 10:41:07 PM
.... as every time I hear GN anounce his guest is "conversations with Linda" ...

GGAAAAAHHHHHH!   That one - among so many - makes me want to punch something.