• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Alex Jones

Started by Frys Girl, April 07, 2009, 08:57:10 PM

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on August 28, 2015, 10:59:17 AM
Re: Patriotism. Maybe on a daily level we are more patriotic (every game starts with anthem, flags everywhere, etc) but Remembrance Sunday and various anniversaries seemed pretty patriotic to me
No. Honouring those killed in conflict is different from patriotism. Buying a poppy isn't saying 'look how great GB is' and waving the flag. It's about respecting those who fought and died to keep us safe. I used to know an old friend of the family who was a PoW, and up until he died he would attend the funeral of whichever comrade of his happened to have fallen off the twig. And when he died all the rest did the same for him. 'We will remember them' is all about human solidarity and the ghastliness of war, rather than stupid stuff about what country you happened to be born in. The great symbol of Britain at that time, Churchill, was kicked out after we won the war. Very significant. A  more patriotic country would have been foursquare behind him, but we had other priorities and knew that he was wrong for peacetime.

We'll turn out for things like royal weddings and jubilees mainly because the Brits have an inherent liking for anything that smacks of street theatre, particularly Londoners. Public hangings used to be festival events in the 18th century for god's sake, where the condemned man would get dressed up and wave to the crowd before he did the Tyburn jig. These things you cite are more about having a fun day out than a serious expression of national pride.

End of the Proms? More patriotic than our "boston pops" concerts.
Oh dear, you're not choosing your comparisons altogether wisely today. I have been to 8 Proms this year and will go to a few more before the season ends in a couple of weeks. The last night is routinely criticised by most of us as jingoistic bullshit that should have been binned long ago. It's just traditional, and most of us who are regulars never go to the last night because we find it embarrassing. The Proms is a uniquely British event though, mainly because it relies on people queuing up and behaving themselves, if you are going to stand in the arena. Foreigners (particularly those from the continent) often have trouble grasping the idea of standing in an orderly line. The last night is also often filled with non-Brits who are there for the experience. By the way, I saw the BSO the other night and they were shitty!

I was in Trafalgar Square after the Ashes win a decade ago or so and it seemed pretty patriotic.
So was I. Small world. The Ashes was a big deal for us because we had finally beaten one of the all-time great sides, who we had lost to every year since 1989. We sang Jerusalem (badly, most of us not knowing the words) and I still have a shitty piece of Vodafone cardboard with 'Ashes winners' on it somewhere. Using sport as an indicator of patriotism is really a terrible idea. Ask most football supporters what they would rather happen, their team win the league or England win the world cup, and most of them will go for their team. Sport is just a bit of a holiday for us where we get to be silly and drink too much.

albrecht

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 29, 2015, 05:06:19 AM

So was I. Small world. The Ashes was a big deal for us because we had finally beaten one of the all-time great sides, who we had lost to every year since 1989. We sang Jerusalem (badly, most of us not knowing the words) and I still have a shitty piece of Vodafone cardboard with 'Ashes winners' on it somewhere. Using sport as an indicator of patriotism is really a terrible idea. Ask most football supporters what they would rather happen, their team win the league or England win the world cup, and most of them will go for their team. Sport is just a bit of a holiday for us where we get to be silly and drink too much.
Still got this paper (and yes I got my free pint of London Pride also out of the deal.) Great time. You might have seen me there during the parade etc. By the fountain with a plastic bag full of John Smith's kissing a random English gal, cute but with remarkably bad teeth and breathe...hahaha. Just happened to be in town during the Ashes, wasn't able to score tickets but went outside the Oval and tried to watch some and enjoy the outside scene (didn't understand the game at all) but didn't scale the house roofs as some did. I still am amazed no one fell or died.)  And went to the later parade. Fun times, loved the team getting so drunk, the interviews, and tabloid coverage. Classic.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on August 29, 2015, 11:07:35 AM
Still got this paper (and yes I got my free pint of London Pride also out of the deal.) Great time. You might have seen me there during the parade etc. By the fountain with a plastic bag full of John Smith's kissing a random English gal, cute but with remarkably bad teeth and breathe...hahaha. Just happened to be in town during the Ashes, wasn't able to score tickets but went outside the Oval and tried to watch some and enjoy the outside scene (didn't understand the game at all) but didn't scale the house roofs as some did. I still am amazed no one fell or died.)  And went to the later parade. Fun times, loved the team getting so drunk, the interviews, and tabloid coverage. Classic.

As George Noory would say, there are no coincidences. I remember some slob of a yank saying 'you'll do' and trying to perform a tonsillectomy on me with his tongue. He also grabbed my ass too, the randy old freak! I was remarkably good-looking back then, though. These days I can only get women to sleep with me.

As the man said - it's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 28, 2015, 02:45:23 PM
I assume a mushy peas or bangers joke is next.

On the subject of differences in usage between the US and GB. I can well remember during a picnic with some Americans during a particularly hot summer, asking a woman if I could suck on her juice box. I always maintain that the reaction ( and subsequent court case) was over the top.  ;)

Just Me

Shocking news friends of Alex Jones. Can this be for real.

From the link below:

BREAKING NEWS! Alex Jones was legally divorced from his Jewish wife Kelly Jones/Violet Nichols on March 23, 2015. Kelly/Violet filed for divorce from Alex Jones on December 18, 2013, and has been engaged in bitter litigation against him ever since. As part of the divorce settlement, Alex Jones was court ordered to deed the family house (valued at $900k) to Kelly/Violet as well as sign a promissory note payable to Kelly/Violet in the amount of $2.7 million (Kelly/Violet also owns an additional house valued at $1 million). The first document shows these two actions. The second document shows the details of their divorce proceedings in Hays County court.

http://alexjonesexposed.info/

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Just Me on September 14, 2015, 12:57:17 PM
Shocking news friends of Alex Jones. Can this be for real.

From the link below:

BREAKING NEWS! Alex Jones was legally divorced from his Jewish wife Kelly Jones/Violet Nichols on March 23, 2015.

I think that page broke all previous records for use of the word "Jewish". I have no idea why people are so fixated on this aspect, but I think you can guess where that lot are coming from. I don't think they would make quite so much fuss over a Catholic spouse.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 14, 2015, 01:09:20 PM
I think that page broke all previous records for use of the word "Jewish". I have no idea why people are so fixated on this aspect, but I think you can guess where that lot are coming from. I don't think they would make quite so much fuss over a Catholic spouse.

She finally woke up and realised he's an arsehole. What took her so long?

albrecht

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 14, 2015, 01:09:20 PM
No, they accuse Alex of being some part of a sinister Vatican plot also. It can all get confusing but he is some combination of Mossad "disinfo" agent and Vatican Jesuit minion controlled by his Jewish wife (now ex) or something. We will see how this divorce effects the conspiracy theories about Alex.

Interesting news that I had not heard about (and it has been months) though I haven't listened to his show or seen him around town in quite some time. Some high power, big money lawyers involved and I'm confused/surprised it was filed in another county next door, when I thought he/they lived here? Also I would be curious how Alex acted during the hearings, court mandated mediation/counseling, and what was worked out with kids? Divorce can be stressful etc for anyone but I could imagine some epic rants, then again the rants could just be for the show and he let his lawyers do the talking (which is the smart plan.)

Just Me

Interested in who his next comrade handler will be. Maybe Caitlin Jenner or some new breed of ziozoo tale

mikill777

The show has sucked over the past year or so.There is also a hidden audio recording someone did with the Anthony Guiarducci guy and he was ripping Alex a new one.If u watch his show lately and he calls in on Skype on a day off you will see he is in an apartment.He has no house.His kid hasn't been on the show in a while either.One tidbit I saw was that the crew knew about the affair that caused said divorce because it was with nightly news reporter Lee Ann McAdoo.Pretty pathetic!!!

So the X-Files revival has a new character based on Alex? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RQ_4A3_PG4

Lena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J74vOSK2Btw

Alex: Trump has taken on the Clintons, Bushes, Saudis, Cheney, and [those who must not be named] at the same time. Pray they wont assassinate him.

Corona Kitty

Hard to take him serious when hes got a full tan going on and talking about how much a man George noory is.

Lena

Quote from: username on February 19, 2016, 02:01:57 AM
Hard to take him serious when hes got a full tan going on and talking about how much a man George noory is.
if you have problem with getting hard, he can sell you some penis juice

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Lena on February 19, 2016, 02:02:50 AM
if you have problem with getting hard, he can sell you some penis juice

I'm still young and don't need pills,  unlike your husband or boyfriend.

I_Speculate

For those that have missed it Milo Alphabet ( Yiannopoulos ) was banned from twitter the other evening after his 'review' of the new Ghostbusters movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZiQ8nLScpM

I_Speculate

Should have dropped this in the Politics section. My bad.

ziznak

sup w the alex jones roger stone bromance?

Lt.Uhura

Wow, Jones has really lost it. (See video) Roid rage?  Bath salts??

http://www.vocativ.com/366703/alex-jones-clinton-smells-like-sulfur-demon/

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on October 11, 2016, 05:39:57 PM
Wow, Jones has really lost it. (See video) Roid rage?  Bath salts??

http://www.vocativ.com/366703/alex-jones-clinton-smells-like-sulfur-demon/

I saw that. Classic Jones!  ;D

To be fair, flies were landing on her face.  ;)

=Schlyder=

LOL AJ goes over the top, sometimes, for dramatic effect because he gets noticed, or rather, what he is trying to convey gets noticed, and goes viral.   LOL  I think it is a good tactic. 
He's inside the heads of all the left wing, lick spittle.  Just like Trump is.  The media and all the leftard psychophants are so predictable, and one dimensional, it is easy to manipulate them if you are onto their game.   

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Schlyder7 on October 12, 2016, 12:19:43 PM
LOL AJ goes over the top, sometimes, for dramatic effect because he gets noticed, or rather, what he is trying to convey gets noticed, and goes viral.   LOL  I think it is a good tactic. 
He's inside the heads of all the left wing, lick spittle.  Just like Trump is.  The media and all the leftard psychophants are so predictable, and one dimensional, it is easy to manipulate them if you are onto their game.

Yeah, when he starts crying, that's a thing of beauty. I'm laughing my ass off!  ;D

mikuthing01

I liked the clip where he was talking about John Kerry having gay sex in vats of feces

CornyCrow

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 12, 2016, 12:28:10 AM
I saw that. Classic Jones!  ;D

To be fair, flies were landing on her face.  ;)
Only one fly, and to be fair, it flew away once she gave it it's instructions.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Schlyder7 on October 12, 2016, 12:19:43 PM
Author Jon Ronson spent some time with Jones crashing the Bohemian Grove with a small group.  Ronson seems to think Jones is certifiable.  What you see is authentic, not an act.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Segundus on October 16, 2016, 05:06:12 AM
Author Jon Ronson spent some time with Jones crashing the Bohemian Grove with a small group.  Ronson seems to think Jones is certifiable.  What you see is authentic, not an act.

I'm half fascinated and half bored by Alex Jones. I don't think he's a lunatic, just very cynical and shrewd. He's created his own special brand of paranoia and now uses that to flog all these vitamin supplements on his website. He makes a lot of money, and you couldn't do that if you were a swivel-eyed loon. He's totally unscrupulous, though, and will say almost anything. I wonder if being so pro-Trump might cost him in the end, but I imagine that he is banking on his audience not being discerning enough to care one way or the other. He's basically just a big bag of wind with a very thin act, but he manages to make it work for him, and the occasional rants he goes on where he totally loses it are very entertaining, but at the same time I'm sure they are calculated to draw attention. Even he thought he went a bit far the other day by comparing Hillary and Obama to 'literal demons from Hell', so he obviously has at least one eye on the reactions he gets from other people.

Quote from: Segundus on October 16, 2016, 05:06:12 AM
Heh, heh, heh. ;)
How do you think AJ was able to get into Bohemian Grove.
That's when I started to question who he really works for.

His rants are entertaining though. :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Segundus on October 16, 2016, 05:01:29 AM
Only one fly, and to be fair, it flew away once she gave it it's instructions.

Not really. It hung out for awhile and like most pf the ugly truths in her life, Hillary just pretended it wasn't there.  ;)

136 or 142

Looks like this clown might finally have gone too far:

Trump booster Alex Jones: I’m not anti-Semitic, but Jews run an evil conspiracy
http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/10/26/13418304/alex-jones-jewish-mafia

“They run Uber, they run the health care, they’re going to scam you, they’re going to hurt you,” he said, per Media Matters. Jones listed a series of prominent people with Jewish backgrounds he believed to be working with this mafia â€" Rahm Emanuel, Madeleine Albright, George Soros â€" and accused them of being part of a “global, corporate combine” in alliance with the Japanese, Communists, and other evil factions.

“I guess I better do some exposés on the Jewish mafia,” Jones said. He described Emanuel as “a guy foaming at the mouth with knives at Cabinet meetings, basically threatening the president, totally crazed. Who’s got his fingers in everything, screwing us over.”

But, Jones insisted, “I’m not against Jews.” Just the Jewish Mafia, whatever that is.

Truthseeker

Wow... This community seems to be full of angry, hateful, bitter, and very stupid people. This is supposed to be a forum for Art Bell enthusiasts?  My props to Lena for having the patience to deal with you morons. The really uncalled for hatred against people like George Noory and Alex Jones is truly bizarre.

AJ just can't seem to win for losing. On one hand, you have Nazi idiots calling for his head and claiming he is a Zionist for NOT scapegoating all Jews and claiming they're the root of all evil, on the other, you have Zionist morons claiming Jones is an anti-Semite for having the TEMERITY to criticize Israel and question Jewish power. When you have leftist, Zionist, and Nazi scumbags all against you, you must be doing something right.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 26, 2016, 12:29:59 PM
Looks like this clown might finally have gone too far:
I love your impotent rage. InfoWars will continue to grow and be successful, and continue to wake people up to the reality of the New World Order, and there's nothing you or any of you other hateful morons can do about it.