• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Lisa Garr

Started by yumyumtree, May 10, 2014, 06:56:33 PM

yumyumtree

There doesn't seem to be a thread for her yet, so I'll start one. I don't know if I'll be listening tonight yet, maybe a little.

Quote from: yumyumtree on May 10, 2014, 06:56:33 PM
There doesn't seem to be a thread for her yet, so I'll start one. I don't know if I'll be listening tonight yet, maybe a little.

I remember the last show she did was ok, but the topic she has tonight just doesn't interest me. Especially after another good Somewhere In Time.

yumyumtree

Yes, I wish we still got Somewhere in Time.

smitty9999

she just said "host to host" within the first 3 seconds of the broadcast

This sounds like a real show so far, but it has only been 15 minutes.

The Monk dated a young Indian lady long ago and ran into some of the same problems. That one still hurts.

Quote from: Dateline on May 10, 2014, 11:13:57 PM
They keep the seat warm and make the Coasties stay in line.

Lets hope these hosts leave a warm fart on the chair for Georgie.

Quote from: smitty9999 on May 10, 2014, 11:07:37 PM
she just said "host to host" within the first 3 seconds of the broadcast

That should be the name of the weekend shows. Host to host: you never know who it'll be this week.

b_dubb

She mangled the opening. If she's excited about hosting I don't hear it. And now .... 20 minutes of commercials. Why do people listen to this?

smitty9999

why am i listening to some lady talking about her life and marriage?

Quote from: smitty9999 on May 10, 2014, 11:22:26 PM
why am i listening to some lady talking about her life and marriage?

Well she is Indian and that means...toomeric
and she cured her own cancer.

I ain't saying it was the toomeric, but I ain't saying it wasn't.

Designx

I'm always upset the doc never gets the credit in these near death episodes. It's not like one can hallucinate out of paying their medical bills.

yumyumtree

This second guest sure is a name dropper.

paladin1991

Did I tell you guys that when I was a kid, I had a serious thing for her mom?

b_dubb

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 11, 2014, 01:03:01 AM
Did I tell you guys that when I was a kid, I had a serious thing for her mom?
Terri Garr is her aunt. Not her mother. Is there another Garr I should know about?

paladin1991

Quote from: b_dubb on May 11, 2014, 01:46:40 AM
Terri Garr is her aunt. Not her mother. Is there another Garr I should know about?
Close enough, ah those childhood mammaries, I mean, memories.
Dr. Frankenstein: "What great knockers!"
Inga (Terri Garr): "Oh, Sank you, Dr."

ZHero

Terri Garr in Young Frankenstein; "would you like a roll in the hay?" WOOO she was Hot!
I'd say Lisa has about 3 IQ points on Dave.  Throw her a life preserver; she's in way over her head. ::)

Roll in ze hay

Jackstar

Quote"I think you're a mathematicial [sic] genius... I couldn't believe what I was hearing...

Oh myyy.

expat

I liked Lisa's voice, she's got potential. But OMG that Sereda chappie is seriously ill.

"Spinning faster than the speed of light"   STAB STAB STAB

RcCle

Quote from: ZHero on May 11, 2014, 01:59:59 AM
Terri Garr in Young Frankenstein; "would you like a roll in the hay?" WOOO she was Hot!
I'd say Lisa has about 3 IQ points on Dave.  Throw her a life preserver; she's in way over her head. ::)

Roll in ze hay

Terri Garr in "Assignment Earth" with Robert Lansing (Star Trek Spinoff that never spun)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6lmBbV3VWo

ItsOver

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on May 10, 2014, 09:41:55 PM
I remember the last show she did was ok, but the topic she has tonight just doesn't interest me. Especially after another good Somewhere In Time.
It's always such a let down to get warmed-up with Art and then end up seeing what C2C has become.

Jackstar

I managed to sit through the whole thing--twice! The radio station I was streaming it on played Coast for a long time, and without Snoory to put me to sleep, my body just didn't know how to stay horizontal.

She's okay. She's no Knapp.

scottydawg

Yes, it's getting totally mind numbing with all the commercials they are running :(. George will talk for 35 seconds, then more dumbass commercials. They might as well rename it the Ty Bollinger Tumeric Power Hour! featuring announcer Dave Snoory ;D!

BattyBrooke

Between her ability to fuck up within the first 3 minutes ("host to host") and her high talent of continuously interrupting the guest, I have judged her to be a Class 1 Noorynite. Ah, yes. I see she knows her Noory well. <~~~~This is a reference to the hysterically funny video klaatu posted on February 8th of an Australian man (who could possibly have been jazmunda) getting arrested. Forgive me, but I couldn't resist. I have been quoting him all weekend.

McPhallus

Quote from: BattyBrooke on May 12, 2014, 01:51:19 PM
Between her ability to fuck up within the first 3 minutes ("host to host") and her high talent of

This tells me she knows nothing about the show she's hosting.

wr250

Quote from: McPhallus on May 12, 2014, 02:39:47 PM

i thought the weekends were host to host, as opposed to knapp to knapp. come to think of it knapp should be the full time host of c2c, and noory relegated to the "retiree's section"

Catsmile

Quote from: McPhallus on May 12, 2014, 02:39:47 PM
Well, she is in good company. I've had the same thought about Dave Snoron.

McPhallus

Quote from: wr250 on May 12, 2014, 02:48:32 PM
i thought the weekends were host to host, as opposed to knapp to knapp. come to think of it knapp should be the full time host of c2c, and noory relegated to the "retiree's section"

Noory could be Knapp's Tommy.  Although, don't trust him with the microwave.

bwillard01

Quote from: BattyBrooke on May 12, 2014, 01:51:19 PM
(who could possibly have been jazmunda)

How DARE you?!  ;D

laserjock

I've noticed that men in this forum are particularly hard on women.  A woman can do the job, my main complaint with Garr is she sounds too bubbly, not serious enough.  She's better than Noory by a long shot.  Though her choice of bumper music bothered me, why?  Because the songs were very bassy and thumpy and I don't have a bass control on my computer speakers, so I have to turn down the damn speakers to the point I can't hear the dialogue and I'm trying to fall asleep.  I rent so I cannot have loud noise at night.  I need new speakers but it's gonna be a while before I can afford them.

But she isn't bad, I hope if she continues she chooses good shows and can manage to win the respect of male listeners, which isn't very easy for a woman to do.  I'll take her over Noory and Wells any day!

zeebo

Quote from: laserjock on May 12, 2014, 07:09:10 PM
I've noticed that men in this forum are particularly hard on women.  ...  I hope if she continues she chooses good shows and can manage to win the respect of male listeners, which isn't very easy for a woman to do.  ...

I'd love to hear a good female host on c2c, but if she's just gonna shill a load of hippy-dippy infomercial fluff then I'm gonna call her out like I would anyone. 

Btw I have street cred on this since I listen to Kim Komando all the time.  :)