• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coast May Need A Woman's Touch?

Started by 11angeleyes11, August 06, 2010, 09:09:35 AM

onan

If women don't want to be shit on by men perhaps they should pick men that are not inclined to do so.

As far as work in the house... mebbe one should take a clue from how the man lived prior to a serious relationship and use that example as to what priorities that man has.

Mebbe if those qualifiers were discussed prior to makin babies the chance of being dropped for a new trophy would be less.

When we start teaching young people relationships are about other things than getting the largest house or making the most money maybe relationships will be built on more than how much a man can provide and how big the woman's breasts are.

Maybe if people stopped thinking physical appearance was the most important thing maybe relationships could be built on appreciation of ideas...

When women stop spending over a billion dollars a year on makeup and start really walking the talk of refuting shallowness things will change.

Yeah probably not.

As to Ramona and Art, I am sure she had a significant impact. But then again... with Art's history had I been Ramona I woulda turned tail and ran.

anagrammy

Quote from: George sucks on April 13, 2011, 09:41:22 AM
Oh yes, Anagrammy, the sword definitely cuts both ways. Plenty of women used just as men. Was just alluding to your generalized characterization of the men in your apartment complex - maybe there is a reason.

The link I referenced in question - http://nomarriage.flippertv.com/No%20Marriage.pdf

Another related one - http://nomarriage.flippertv.com/nomarriage.com.pdf

And if I am ever fat and ask my wife to tend to my hemorrhoids, someone do my wife a favor and shoot me please. Was that an exaggeration for demonstration purposes? Or first hand experience? --- ugh!!

There has to be tons of stuff on the net dealing with women's woes and the state of the American male as well.

As you suspect, I am a believer that the truth is far stranger than fiction--and that most really strange fiction is based on truths no one would believe.  Indeed, my best friend in my 50's was madly in love with a man who kept a stable of women.  He hurt her over and over, using her as his default bed partner.  I begged her to have more respect for herself, but she was slightly pudgy and thought every sex act might be her last.  One day after they had been officially broken up for months he showed up at her door with a woebegone look, wearing the cowboy hat that he knew she adored (don't ask why 'cause I could not begin to answer).  He needed ointment applied to his hemorrhoids, I kid you not.  For all the tea in China, I cannot explain why she accommodated him, but she did.  He told her he loved her nursing skills and he was getting too old for the fast lane and was moving to Oregon and would send for her. 

She never heard from him again--so, to answer your question, not an exaggeration.

Anagrammy

A man in his 50s, too fat to reach his own rear end, and he has a stable of women?  I certainly agree with you, truth is stranger than fiction!

George sucks

Auuuuugh!! Color me ashamed to be a male Anagrammy. (sorry if my posts seem disjointed - don't know how to use the quote function)

One of the reasons people stay with people or put up with them... it takes great courage to leave someone you love. Much, much, much easier to just stay and hope. Despite the continual heartache and torment of staying with them. People love differently, in different ways. People have different needs. I can understand most scenarios involving love, when I approach it from the stand point that none of it makes any sense. (lol)   

George sucks

i would like to add, this whole thing with women and their weight is soooooo overblown. Perfect example of social stigmas that exist solely from suggested stereotyping by the media. And it is accepted. I'll take a healthy girl any day vs. what is portrayed as desirable by the vomit brokers.

Having sex with a woman that's skinny is like screwing a pile of coat hangers. All elbows.

this would have been more fitting earlier in the discussion, not as relevant at this point in the conversation, but look how beautiful ramona was in her early 20s:

and for fun, this is art from the same time period:

and my avatar, revealed:

Usagi

Quote from: The General on April 13, 2011, 01:43:46 PM
MAN! Ramona was a babe.

More than that is the intelligence in her eyes.  But, yeah, definitely lovely.

Art, on the other hand. ;p  I remember the first time I ever saw him after listening for a good amount of time was when the Larry King interview first aired.  Boy, was I shocked!  I never realized he was so tall, though, until later.

slipstream

Quote from: onan on April 13, 2011, 01:57:06 PM

yes... literally.

Yeah, so lovely.  On the occasions I heard her on Coast, I always came away thinking she was a wonderful person. 

Scully

Quote from: Usagi on April 13, 2011, 08:04:08 PM
Art, on the other hand. ;p  I remember the first time I ever saw him after listening for a good amount of time was when the Larry King interview first aired.  Boy, was I shocked!  I never realized he was so tall, though, until later.

Usagi, are you sure Art is extra tall?  I thought so, too, until someone called me on it.  I googled him, but found nothing on his height.  I did read, though, that Airyn is only 4'8".  That would explain why pictures of the two of them together make Art look like some kind of giant.  ;)

I always had the impression that Art was a little guy.

Oversoul

Quote from: The General on April 13, 2011, 01:43:46 PM
MAN! Ramona was a babe.

Quote from: onan on April 13, 2011, 01:57:06 PM
  yes... literally.

Quote from: Usagi on April 13, 2011, 08:04:08 PM
   More than that is the intelligence in her eyes.  But, yeah, definitely lovely.

Yes, she was (pictured with Art below).  Ramona was Filipina as is Art's present spouse, Airyn.

Art Bell with Ramona

It's perfectly understandable how her untimely demise broke Art's heart and tore his soul apart.  It's equally understandable why Art fell for Airyn (pictured below) not long after.

Airyn Ruiz Bell

Whitley Strieber made the following comments about Airyn in a blog [http://web.archive.org/web/20060423044345/http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/?id=5222].
QuoteLegendary Coast-to-Coast AM host Art Bell has remarried. His romance with Philippine national Airyn Ruiz began after he was introduced to her via internet videoconferencing, by a friend in the ham radio hobby.

They spent countless hours conferencing together. Whitley Strieber says, "It became obvious to me after a very short time that this young woman Art had met online was a remarkable and unusual human being. She and Art connected immediately and deeply."

Their online romance blossomed. Strieber continues, "I was very worried about Art at the time. He was struggling with a great grief. Ramona was so marvelous, and he felt as if his life was over. It took courage for him to do it, but he chose to make changes, and not let his life stop."

Both women are not only very attractive and charming apparently but also intelligent and affectionate to win over Art.  There might be more similarities between the two women which only Art would have detected intimately and discerned ultimately.  :)

Thank you, Art, for the great times I had listening to Coast To Coast.  :D

onan

Quote from: Oversoul on July 16, 2012, 05:14:44 AM

Yes, she was (pictured with Art below).  Ramona was Filipina as is Art's present spouse, Airyn.

Art Bell with Ramona

It's perfectly understandable how her untimely demise broke Art's heart and tore his soul apart.  It's equally understandable why Art fell for Airyn (pictured below) not long after.

Airyn Ruiz Bell

Whitley Strieber made the following comments about Airyn in a blog [http://web.archive.org/web/20060423044345/http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/?id=5222].
Both women are not only very attractive and charming apparently but also intelligent and affectionate to win over Art.  There might be more similarities between the two women which only Art would have detected intimately and discerned ultimately.  :)

Thank you, Art, for the great times I had listening to Coast To Coast.  :D

When I made my post on this subject, I wasn't commenting on the physical features of Ramona. Although I let the subject go rather than derail. My point was Ramona was much younger than Art. As is the new wife. She was 21 when they got married. Art was 62.

There was a lot of hoopla over a Doug Hutchinson (sp) marrying a 16 y/o on a different thread. The age differences are similar. Granted there is a difference in a 16 y/o's maturity and a 21 y/o... but not that much.

Oversoul

There is some truth, however, to the claim that women tend to be more mature for their age compared to men.  Furthermore, there are men who choose much younger women simply as a matter of personal preference. 

Also, factor in the fact that a younger partner or spouse could be "rejuvenating" to the older partner or spouse, and at 62 years that might have been a huge plus for Art Bell.  After all, Art did publicly say that he considered his life was over after Ramona's demise.  He may have been so completely distraught emotionally over her death and would have readily welcomed a totally new life with a new bride.

So, who knows how those things (and maybe more) played out in the case of Art Bell and his marriage(s)?

If Art is blissfully wed and happy (and it seems he is), then I rejoice for him.  Ultimately, we do what we have to do in our respective lives, and Art is not an exception to that.  8)

onan

Quote from: Oversoul on July 16, 2012, 06:05:19 AM
There is some truth, however, to the claim that women tend to be more mature for their age compared to men.  Furthermore, there are men who choose much younger women simply as a matter of personal preference. 

Also, factor in the fact that a younger partner or spouse could be "rejuvenating" to the older partner or spouse, and at 62 years that might have been a huge plus for Art Bell.  After all, Art did publicly say that he considered his life was over after Ramona's demise.  He may have been so completely distraught emotionally over her death and would have readily welcomed a totally new life with a new bride.

So, who knows how those things (and maybe more) played out in the case of Art Bell and his marriage(s)?

If Art is blissfully wed and happy (and it seems he is), then I rejoice for him.  Ultimately, we do what we have to do in our respective lives, and Art is not an exception to that.  8)

My reply to yours was not an attack on Art's marriage. I was clarifying a mistake you made in assuming I was merely admiring Ramona's physical appearance.

As to the reasons Art chose his several wives is not really my concern. I will go so far as to say a 40 year difference in any relationship isn't an equal relationship. To your rejuvenating remark... what tripe. 

Oversoul

I wasn't even replying to your specific post... which by the way is TRASH.

onan

Quote from: Oversoul on July 16, 2012, 06:48:09 AM

So much for the spiritually enlightened guy huh?

Oversoul

Quote from: onan on July 16, 2012, 06:52:01 AM
So much for the spiritually enlightened guy huh?

It is part of enlightenment to distinguish the trash from pearls, the wheat from the tares.   ;D

Zircon

Ramona had an untimely death. Frankly, I'm surprised that within four months Art was married to a person at least one generation his younger. I recall Art saying, "A man has needs". It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. He even laughed a sinister laugh when callers asked him how big his feet were.

He basically found a bride much like American men do when they hit the internet looking for Koreans or Russians. A person can't sufficiently grieve a loss of a long time spouse, meet another person, fall in true love and marry in 120 days. Don't kid yourself. She didn't even recognize him as a successful radio personality when they met. I realize I will stir the angst of many in this forum but I believe he figured he wasn't getting any younger so he threw all his eggs into one basket and went after the "young stuff".

She is a child bride. Attractive yes. Hopefully the love will evolve into a genuine love other than a child-parent relationship. I know people who marry "trophy" women. One man I know is 66 with a 30 year old wife of five years now. He makes a point of talking about her looks. Go figure out what the point of that was. Swagger.

ziznak

If a marriage is doomed it is usually obvious.  Taking wives like trophies is one of the biggest mistakes a man can make.  People are only as loyal as their options.  The mail ordered hoes of the world are normally trying to get out of their crappy countries and economic situations.  Once that's been taken care of it usually isn't long (once they get their green card) until they see their options opening up here in America.  Hence, just like most junk mail some of these women end up in the dumpster. 
Art's case is weird in that he's left his country to be with his bride.  He knows and loves the culture there.  I hardly see it as a Trophy or mail order case.   

Zircon

Kind of wondering why Art Bell's wife has anything to do with the title of this fucking thread? Who started this new fucking direction I responded to? A "woman's touch" huh ... just how pussy-fied does this fucking nation have to become anyway? We already have enough of those witches and chicken entrails/crystals/mediums type horseshit.

Lilith

Quote from: MV on September 21, 2010, 07:25:11 PM
i would LOVE to host that show for one night.  i'd show all of those noory fans how a complete nobody who does an irrelevant podcast from his extra bedroom is 10x the host.  if only...

You should DO it!  And yes, without Ramona, there is no ArtBell IMO.

WOTR

Quote from: brig on April 06, 2016, 08:48:38 AM
You should DO it!  And yes, without Ramona, there is no ArtBell IMO.
Brig... Thread necromancer of Bell Gab.  ;)

pate

Quote from: WOTR on April 08, 2016, 03:48:11 AM

Obviously a relic from the Iron Man Years...  Oar uh, Hoax?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgDp_PWq54k

zeebo

Quote from: WOTR on April 08, 2016, 03:48:11 AM

It's weird to see a thread show up where the next-most-recent post was some time before one even signed up.  We stand on the shoulders of giants. 

Lilith

Quote from: zeebo on August 14, 2016, 02:48:27 PM
It's weird to see a thread show up where the next-most-recent post was some time before one even signed up.  We stand on the shoulders of giants.

I was young and naive, what can I say?  :-[

TigerLily

Quote from: zeebo on August 14, 2016, 02:48:27 PM
Quote from: Oversoul on July 16, 2012, 06:48:09 AM

...but very proud to carry on the grand tradition