• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

David Ruben

Started by Gassy Man, March 02, 2014, 02:12:20 AM

Just reading the cards it seems.... "Tell me about X" and no follow up or questions to clarify the complete bull that's being slung for the 15 mins or so I heard

Gassy Man

Yep.  Lightweight.  And John Lear, or whatever his name is, is just running over him.  He'll say something outrageous and stupid, then Ruben will follow up with some tangentially related question, Lear will grunt one word and then move on to whatever topic he really wants to talk about.  Ruben might as well not be in the interview.

Gd5150

Navy submarine base in the middle of Nevada that connects to the Pacific Ocean by tunnel. Tell us something we don't know, sheesh.

Birdie

Just tuned in about 15 minutes ago. Is anyone else listening to this crazy shit? The guest is a delusional wing-nut and the host was just saying, 'you need to talk to me. I am having a mini panic attack here,' and breathing all funny. Apparently, he is shocked over the same old drivel about NASA hiding moon colonization from us. WTF? The sad thing is it's not even entertainingly crazy. Turning it off now.

ZHero

Lear told Ruben that if you have seen a UFO that u have been on it....he has blown Ruben's mind!
LMAO!  Ruben is having a nervous breakdown!  Coo-coo! Coo-coo!

zeebo

Quote from: Birdie on March 02, 2014, 02:58:06 AM
Just tuned in about 15 minutes ago. Is anyone else listening to this crazy shit?  ....

This show is very weird tonite!  Guest host David Ruben who started off sounding like a milder Mr. Rogers is now having a bordline freak out on air after John Lear just told him that he's been abducted by ET's and that's why he's seen ufo's for decades that people around him didn't see - because apparently the ET's only let you see them if they want you to and can block others from seeing them.

Anyway after Ruben buys into the idea immediately with full conviction, he wants Lear to explain it some more and kind of talk him down from the crisis and instead all Lear wants to do is get on rattling off a bunch of disjointed "secrets" and is not interested at all in having any kind of conversation (at one point he even said "Do I get to talk?").

Then right before the last break, Ruben has seemingly absorbed this shock of past ET experiences and says "I'm feeling real good right now" like he's over it and all is good.  Friggin really weird night, almost like a parody but it sounds real, or surreal is better description.   ???

bigchucka

I'm not even listening.  I take it it's not worth bothering if you've heard John Lear before?

zeebo

Quote from: bigchucka on March 02, 2014, 03:07:45 AM
I'm not even listening.  I take it it's not worth bothering if you've heard John Lear before?

Lear is prattling on about all kinds of entertaining if far-fetched ideas, but it's Ruben that's the star of the show tonite.  It's like he's having a major life epiphany on air and processing all his emotions in real time (as Lear ignores him after blowing his mind).  It's really bizarre.

Birdie

Ah, I missed some of that because I was reading while listening. Ruben mumbles a bit, so it is easy for my attention to start wandering. My ears perked when the tone of the conversation changed. The abduction theory makes his freak out a little more reasonable ... I guess. I thought he was about to ask the guest to call 911 for him.
Lear's voice sounds like Jesse Ventura's.

ZHero

Ruben needs to take a Valium, STFU, and let Lear rant.  Lear is crazy as bat sh!t but I kind of enjoy his stories. He kind of like a crazy uncle or grandpa; you gotta take what he says with a grain of salt.

P.S.  Aliens are RACIST! ;D

Catsmile

If only Ruben knew he was Wiebered on the UFO... bet he would squeal to get back onboard.

Two attention whorez trying to out "LOOK AT ME!" on the radio, blind leading the blind.
::)

zeebo

Quote from: ZHero on March 02, 2014, 03:12:26 AM
...P.S.  Aliens are RACIST! ;D

haha that call was classic, what a weird nite

ZHero

DAMN RACIST ALIENS!!!!

I liked Lear's story that our solar system really has 40 planets, that it is so crowded on Mars and its moons that the beings there have come to earth to get away from the crowd, and that Bigfoot is one of these Martian tourists who visits the earth regularly.   :o  ;D  :P  ???

Holy cow!  Burl Ives first recorded "Ghost Riders in the Sky"! (Ruben didn't ask the follow up).

This 2nd half is shaping up to be a classic of its kind.

ZHero

"every urban legend you ever heard is true."
Does that mean if I masturbate 1 more time I'll really go blind? :'(

Catsmile

Quote from: ZHero on March 02, 2014, 03:23:50 AM
DAMN RACIST ALIENS!!!!

Yeah heard the  Afro-American "gentleman" ranting on about that, but my eyes were rolling so hard I had to catch them before they got lost under the couch.

Oh joy, now Ruben is pissing his panties over Mothman.
Who let this DRAMA QUEEN out of his closet?

PChirp

DAMN!  If we just had Bill, A.A.A. (amateur atheist astronomer) from Hartford to call in this evening we'd have one hell of a classic show.   :o

MTB

This is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard on the radio...I want to hear Ruben with Steve Quayle, but only when I've got liquor.

Juan Cena

Quote from: MTB on March 02, 2014, 03:47:40 AM
This is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard on the radio...I want to hear Ruben with Steve Quayle, but only when I've got liquor.

Or better yet- when they do.

Juan Cena

Tonight may have been one of the best or worst pieces of performance art that I've ever heard.

Catsmile

Quote from: Juan Cena on March 02, 2014, 04:08:09 AM
Tonight may have been one of the best or worst pieces of performance art that I've ever heard.

This almost captures the vibe of tonights disjointed show, but not as funny.

http://youtu.be/jz7ElOc6uLQ

rondo

He seemed more interested in expressing his personal feelings about coming to the realization that he may have been abducted as suggested by Lear just because he saw some light when he was younger.  Seemed more like a therapy session between Ruben and Lear, which made it unlistenable.  And Ruben's constant telling of the guest to "continue".  Host was boring.  Hope to never hear him as a host again in the future.  Lear sounds even cooky-er than Hoagland.

Neil

Definitely a strange show.  The host was Noory, Jr., through and through. 

This program is beyond the train, I couldn't keep my ears away..

I was grounded my radio, listen enthusiastically for the next moment I wish the host would embarrass himself.
Lear sound like an old feeble man, just reading the script and lying about all of these things trying to shock us, if only someone would tell him it's not the 1990s anymore and the shock value of his tall tales have worn off

I think the on air panic attack whether it was real or staged seals the deal: this guy will not be back hosting again

Annie in Alabama just called in. Something about Michelle Obama, food labels, and GMOs.
15 minutes into the final hour or so.

Just heard the racist aliens call. This is surreal.

Lear is not giving any effort to answer the listener's questions.

valdez

Quote from: Gassy Man on March 02, 2014, 02:32:15 AM
... John Lear, or whatever his name is, is just running over him...
Quote from: zeebo on March 02, 2014, 03:04:56 AM
...Guest host David Ruben who started off sounding like a milder Mr. Rogers is now having a bordline freak out on air...
Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on March 02, 2014, 03:24:07 AM
...40 planets...
Quote from: Catsmile on March 02, 2014, 03:36:38 AM
..DRAMA QUEEN...
Quote from: ZHero on March 02, 2014, 03:23:50 AM
...DAMN RACIST ALIENS!!!!
Quote from: Juan Cena on March 02, 2014, 04:08:09 AM
This is the great John Lear people rave about?  What a freak show.  Made Michael Cremo the adult in the room.  I gave up taking notes when I realized it was pointless.  And did Lear say, at about 15 minutes to the end of the show, that all "this stuff" was "speculative"?  Why bother with a disclaimer when he had poor Mr. Ruben on the ropes?  All in all it was fun, and it'll probably become a classic, and when George comes back tomorrow it will also have the unintended consequence of making him sound professional.  Ye gods.

David Ruben
pre- nervous breakdown

Quote from: bigchucka on March 02, 2014, 03:07:45 AM

Yeah, I couldn't take Lear 20 years ago. Now I think he is actually beginning to believe some of the bullshit  stories he's fed the Coast audience over all these years.

PerfectTommy

Quote from: valdez on March 02, 2014, 07:28:39 AMAnd did Lear say, at about 15 minutes to the end of the show, that all "this stuff" was "speculative"?

I think Lear said that when at least a couple of the callers finally called him out on all the bullshit he was shoveling which, by the way, is the same old tired crap we've been hearing since the '90s.

Did this buffoon really think he was touting anything new? 

And Ruben is an even bigger fool for literally hyperventilating over this unsubstantiated nonsense.

Drama queen indeed.