• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Don Ecker Radio Since the 90's Still Airing

Started by Lavarat, February 13, 2016, 10:22:49 PM

Lavarat

There are many people that may not be aware that the longest running UFO/Paranormal radio show besides the great Art Bell is Don Ecker. When looking for other radio shows with talented hosts this is one that should be one. He is still on the air, although most people are unaware that Don Ecker is still broadcasting.

His radio show is not in direct competition with Heather or Art because all of his programs are available to download and listen when MID is not on.

Don Ecker is the former Director of Research for UFO Magazine. As a medically retired law enforcement officer, he puts a skeptical and honest eye on UFO and paranormal subjects. Ecker hosted the critically acclaimed radio programs in the 1990's on the Cable Radio Network UFOs Tonite! and Strange Daze for six years, interviewing the important personalities in the UFO and paranormal fields and related areas. Later, along with his close friend, television and film star Dwight Schultz of The A-Team and Star Trek fame, he hosted Dark Matters on the Reality Radio Network. Don was the first to coin the name "Dark Matters"

But don't worry there is not really a conflict of interest because Art and Heather's show is actually called Midnight in the Desert. Perhaps the fact that Art and Don both coined the name Dark Matters shows that they are both similar in broadcast, however Don never would pretend to compare himself to the great Bell.

Dark Matters Radio (hosted by Don Ecker) is a program about diving deep into the paranormal, UFO and conspiracies of the world we occupy â€" and beyond. Don has been fully integrated into the UFO field and has a strong focus on Lunar anomalies (and yes â€" the dark side of the moon!). Don brings you a wide variety of guests ( browse the downloads below) from authors to researchers as well as "Open-lines Friday" note" you can download these and listen to Heather on Fridays, Dark Matters Radio is entertaining, educational, and above all, very exciting to listen to!

DMR has a vast collection of MP3's free to download

Guests he has interviewed include:
Bob Lazar, Gene Huff,
Dr. Barry Taft
Richard Hall
David Paulides
Keith Chester    
George Knapp
Linda Godfrey    
Paul Davids    
Gus Russo 
Tracy Torme    
Dr. Alexander    
Billy Cox
Tim Beckley     
Lars Hannson     
Gary Bekkum     
Paul Stonehill (1993)
Kevin Randle     
Joe Firmage
Rob Hastings
John Andrews

Don Ecker's archive of radio programming is vast dating back to the 1990's

To download and listen to his shows when MID is not airing please visit this link
http://www.dqrm.com/darkmattersradio/

Using the link above click on previous shows for older shows.

Don is still on the air M-F 10 PM to 12 pacific time, Fridays is 9 PM to 11 PM pacific

He has been around for years and still is. When you run out of MID shows check out DMR you will love it.

DMR facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/DMRDon/

Lavarat

Has anyone listened to any of these archives when MID is not airing of course?

Please comment.

Catops

I'll bite.

These are great shows. When I first started listening to them I found the audio levels really irritatingly out of whack and wondered why anyone would ever listen to the show, but the content was so interesting I soon got used to stretches of less than perfect audio. For one thing Don Ecker is a UFO research history gold mine. He's also a great raconteur. There are two kinds of shows, the interview shows - I never knew who any of these people were, but it was always interesting anyway - and the Friday open lines, co-hosted with Rich Sarradet. It's just a small group of people who call in regularly but Rich Sarradet is very interesting to listen to about the paranormal and UFOs and makes a great counterpoint to Ecker.

If you haven't checked any of these out yet, I urge you to do so post haste.

I really enjoy the Friday open lines with Sarradet and Ecker.  I usually listen each Friday night and it reminds me of a small group of friends sitting around and discussing the paranormal and life in general.  Sort of like the talk at the barber shop when I was a kid.  The only problem is that they often have repeat shows on Fridays.  Also, do not let them get on political issues as they are as far left and far right as any duo can be and the show disintegrates into a shouting match.  Still, it is good to see that two people with such different political views can unite on the paranormal and seem to be genuine best of friends.

Lavarat

This Friday Don Ecker welcomes Tracy Torme the director of many famous movies to discuss the updates on the 701 documentary forthcoming. And Don takes your calls.

Lavarat

The show with longtime radio personality Don Ecker interviewing Tracy Torme the son of Mel Torme who also directed the movie "Fire In The Sky" about the Travis Walton case is now available.

http://www.dqrm.com/darkmattersradio/2016/dmr-13-f.mp3

Auslandia

Quote from: Lavarat on April 05, 2016, 08:42:15 PM
The show with longtime radio personality Don Ecker interviewing Tracy Torme the son of Mel Torme who also directed the movie "Fire In The Sky" about the Travis Walton case is now available.

http://www.dqrm.com/darkmattersradio/2016/dmr-13-f.mp3

Sweet Jesus his intro clocks in at 2:46 lol.   Seems excessive for a podcast

the_peeve

was is the audio so fucked up? Sounds like he is overmodulating or is this a tape of a tape?

Auslandia

Quote from: the_peeve on April 06, 2016, 12:28:58 PM
was is the audio so fucked up? Sounds like he is overmodulating or is this a tape of a tape?

Yes it's a little hot but it's straight off his iTunes podcast feed.

the_peeve

Quote from: Auslandia on April 06, 2016, 12:32:30 PM
Yes it's a little hot but it's straight off his iTunes podcast feed.

It's just his mic. the guest sounds fine.

Lavarat

Don does not have the best audio quality set up, but his deep knowledge depth of the subject matter and his longtime friendship with many of the guests makes up for the audio quality.

the_peeve

Quote from: Lavarat on April 06, 2016, 04:43:59 PM
Don does not have the best audio quality set up, but his deep knowledge depth of the subject matter and his longtime friendship with many of the guests makes up for the audio quality.

There is no excuse for bad audio, especially when it comes from the host. The only people who don't care about audio in the media they use work for newspapers.

Auslandia

Quote from: the_peeve on April 06, 2016, 10:43:02 PM
There is no excuse for bad audio, especially when it comes from the host. The only people who don't care about audio in the media they use work for newspapers.

Christ  how hard is it to just pot the fucking level down a couple of  decibels?   I mean whoever is recording the audio should see the  meter redlining.

the_peeve

Quote from: Auslandia on April 11, 2016, 03:01:56 PM

Christ  how hard is it to just pot the fucking level down a couple of  decibels?   I mean whoever is recording the audio should see the  meter redlining.

Exactly. And case in point is when Ecker is interviewing someone on a landline. The landline maxes out and what we heard must be what happens. The person on the landline can't hear everything Ecker is saying as it was literally popping out.

Auslandia

It's just shitty production.  Sad in their day & age when sounding good is fairly cheap.

Lavarat

DON ECKER HAS POSTED ON FACEBOOK THE FOLLOWING:

Special DMR show on the Moon â€" April 15, 2016

Back in 1991 when I first started broadcasting on radio, I discovered the Moon. What I mean by that is I first discovered there were a lot of questions about anomalies on the Lunar surface. Not too long after I first met Robert Kiviat. Kiviat was a producer on the Encounters TV show and I ended up working (from UFO Magazine) on a number of UFO shows with him … and later when he went to Fox Television.

I told Bob that in my opinion, if he really wanted to explore what I felt to be a very exciting aspect of the UFO phenomena … zero in on astronaut (NASA) encounters and the Moon. As time passed on my lunar research became more in-depth and then two things happened that convinced me that there was something very strange about the moon that I was convinced was real. In 1995 I interviewed Vito Sacchari on UFOs Tonite! (my first radio show) and then thru a contact via JPL I received a lunar photo that was breathtaking.

Starting about 2008 it looked like my long hoped for television special would happen with Bob Kiviat. After a couple of false starts around 2013-14 it happened and I came on board as the Research Producer. Thru contacts I introduced to Kiviat Alan Sturm who had discovered a cache of lunar photographs at the Univ. of Az. A number of these were to be included in the show … along with one of my photographs showing what appears to be a pipe running thru a lunar crater, then underground to a cliff with what then looks like an extension over hanging the cliff.

On July 20, 2014 the SyFy Channel aired the program with virtually no promotion .. at all. What made this so mysterious is that this was on the 45th anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon landing … and Buzz Aldrin, the 2nd human ever to walk on the Moon, on the show.

On Friday April 15th Executive Producer Bob Kiviat will join me on Dark Matters Radio to discuss what went on behind the scenes AND what Network will be premiering “Aliens on the Moon: The Truth Exposed” on April 30th, 2016.

Only on CyberstationUSA starting at 9:00 PM Pacific Time, Midnight Eastern. You may join in by going to www.dqrm.com and when I open the phone lines reach us with your questions and comments at 818-381-4674. See ya on the radio …. DON ECKER

Lavarat

Starts at 9 PM Pacific Daylight Time

Listen free here tonight for a live episode http://www.dqrm.com/index.html

Lavarat

Don is on a new network. Worth listening

kgraradioarchives.com/shows/dark-matters-radio/?loc=2018#archive