• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

annual check-in

Started by karameh1, January 18, 2016, 03:57:14 AM

karameh1

Been just over a year since I registered with the Compendium, tho it seems ever more the same as THE Art Bell Fan Forum.  Hope I'm not messing up my reg. details between the two.

Rather than go to the site every time some single thing occurs to me about how GN gets my dander up, may as well simply list my current brainful of sour observations . . .  upon first exposure to this toxic personality it didn't take much time before instantaneous comparisons to Art kicked in -- George is dimwitted and usually uninspired.  I didn't care for the direction he was taking the new program into in terms of his politics and gun-running . . .  that was over eleven years ago.  Overall, it is dismalifying how slowly, if at all, he wises up to his shortcomings, and uninspiring in cases when he clearly hangs up on a caller, who may in fact be a cursing drunkard who's voice George recognizes, OR may be a responsible critic of the show that he just doesn't want to deal with, on air or online; I once lodged my complaints on his Facebook page and, sure-as-shootin', I couldn't find it next time I logged in.  I really can do without his repeated auto-regalings of how he stood up to the school bully, and walked away from his animal-hating date in the middle of it.  And, he really has become quite the "Yes" man, rarely venturing away from the stale brown-nosing reply to his guests of, "Yeah I agree too" or "Oh yes I think so tooooooooooo..."   AAArrrrggggg !!!

These are mere nuisances, but his serious failings flaunt themselves when he refuses -- to any degree -- to provide a balanced view on current issues in the first minutes if the program, nor when he dedicates a whole two hour segment to gun-loving John Locke, or Quayle or the other Steve or that self-indulging, Islam-hating asshole Howard Bloom who sees enemies of Israel under every carpet.  Most egregiously disturbing to me is how GN really believes that he cares about the "plight of the Palestinians", that SOMETHING should be done to placate them -- and then he becomes a cheerleader for ethnic cleansing by suggesting that they be "moved" to some place other than Palestine, like the Sinai desert fr'instance.  INCREDIBLY stupid and thoughtless, playing right into the Zionist agenda.  Of course, the only real solution to this two-thirds-of-a-century problem has to include letting them alone, letting them remain in their own ancestral homeland instead of arguing over who is more deserving of their rights to it, and acting as if there's not enough room for both "races".   :-\

karameh1

Couldn't figure out how to edit my post (after several days), so am re-submitting with amendments in Italics (stuff I forget the first time, and with no substantial deletions from the original).

annual check-in

« on: January 18, 2016, 01:57:14 AM »

Been just over a year since I registered with the Compendium, tho it seems ever more the same as THE Art Bell Fan Forum.  Hope I'm not messing up my reg. details between the two.

Rather than go to the site every time some single thing occurs to me about how GN gets my dander up, may as well simply list my current brainful of sour observations . . .  upon first exposure to this toxic personality it didn't take much time before instantaneous comparisons to Art kicked in -- George is dimwitted and usually uninspired.  I didn't care for the direction he was taking the new program into in terms of his politics and gun-running . . .  that was over eleven years ago. Since then he has expressed the incredible audacity to claim that his show is not about politics, saying that there's enough of that on radio the rest of the time -- and then constantly brings in his personal favorite commentators, pundits and shills with virtually no opposing viewpoints allowed.  Overall, it is dismalifying how slowly, if at all, he wises up to his shortcomings, and uninspiring in cases when he clearly hangs up on a caller, who may in fact be a cursing drunkard who's voice George recognizes, OR may be a responsible critic of the show that he just doesn't want to deal with, on air or online; I once lodged my complaints on his Facebook page and, sure-as-shootin', I couldn't find it next time I logged in.  I really can do without his repeated auto-regalings of how he stood up to the school bully, and walked away from his animal-hating date in the middle of it.  And, he really has become quite the "Yes" man, rarely venturing away from the stale brown-nosing reply to his guests of, "Yeah I agree too" or "Oh yes I think so tooooooooooo..."   AAArrrrggggg !!! Has he no original opinions or reflections to throw into the mix instead of latching onto his guests' shirttails ?

These are mere nuisances, but his serious failings flaunt themselves when he refuses -- to any degree -- to provide a balanced view on current issues in the first minutes of the program, nor when after yet another school shooting hits the headlines or some rumblings are made in the direction of restricting access to firearms by irresponsible (sicko) people, he dedicates a whole two hour segment to gun-loving John Locke, or Quayle or the other Steve or that self-indulging, Islam-hating asshole Howard Bloom who sees enemies of Israel under every carpet -- again, all without debating a knowledgeable opponent.  Most egregiously disturbing to me is how GN really believes that he cares about the "plight of the Palestinians", that SOMETHING should be done to placate them -- and then he becomes a cheerleader for ethnic cleansing by suggesting that they be "moved" to some place other than Palestine, like the Sinai desert fr'instance.  INCREDIBLY stupid and thoughtless, playing right into the Zionist agenda.  He just doesn't get it (AND he is of Lebanese extraction himself).  He brags that he has studied the Middle East and Arabs extensively, and THIS is the best he can come up with??!  Of course, the only real solution to this two-thirds-of-a-century problem has to include letting them alone, letting them remain in their own ancestral homeland instead of arguing over who is more deserving of their rights to it, and acting as if there's not enough room for both "races".   :-\

karameh1

Annual check-in re Noory -

Sorry folks, this is two months late for being an annual review.  Can you ever forgive me ?

George Noory is still a toxic personality, tho he's gotten better about covering it up by lightening up his on-air persona.  Not quite as dimwitted and uninspiring.  Fourteen months ago I complained about how "dismalifying" (love that word which I had just made up!) how slowly, if at all, he wises up to his shortcomings -- he has made a brave attempt to making it look like he really cares.  Still a bit of the "Yes" man, rarely venturing away from the stale brown-nosing reply to his guests of, "Yeah I agree too" or "Oh yes I think so tooooooooooo..."

"His serious failings flaunt themselves when he refuses -- to any degree -- to provide a balanced view on current issues in the first minutes if the program, nor when he dedicates a whole two hour segment to gun-loving John Locke, or Quayle or the other Steve or that self-indulging, Islam-hating asshole Howard Bloom who sees enemies of Israel under every carpet" . . .  This remains a problem in spite of his persistent insistence that he IS fair and balanced, and yet religiously features his personal favs among right wing pundits and "experts" in the opening minutes of "news" (I will grant that Bloom is now more of a delight to listen to now that he has laid off of Islam -- as far as I know.  I'm not a faithful addict of C2C, I get my real fix off of Heather W).

What worries me now is, is his improved radio face and voice destined to convince new listeners that he is really "normal" ??

MV/Liberace!

but... but... muh payge viewz!!!!

karameh1

Quote from: karameh1 on March 06, 2017, 07:06:20 PM
Annual check-in re Noory -

Sorry folks, this is two months late for being an annual review.  Can you ever forgive me ?

George Noory is still a toxic personality, tho he's gotten better about covering it up by lightening up his on-air persona.  Not quite as dimwitted and uninspiring.  Fourteen months ago I complained about how "dismalifying" (love that word which I had just made up!) how slowly, if at all, he wises up to his shortcomings -- he has made a brave attempt to making it look like he really cares.  Maintains his bad habit of "stepping on" guests and callers right when they're just about to finish a sentence and make the all important conclusive observation, and alas, his "perfected" (contrived and artificial sounding) laugh is embarrassingly ever-present.  Still a bit of the "Yes" man, rarely venturing away from the stale brown-nosing reply to his guests of, "Yeah I agree too" or "Oh yes I think so tooooooooooo..."

"His serious failings flaunt themselves when he refuses -- to any degree -- to provide a balanced view on current issues in the first minutes if the program, nor when he dedicates a whole two hour segment to gun-loving John Locke, or Quayle or the other Steve or that self-indulging, Islam-hating asshole Howard Bloom who sees enemies of Israel under every carpet" . . .  This remains a problem in spite of his persistent insistence that he IS fair and balanced, and yet religiously features his personal favs among right wing pundits and "experts" in the opening minutes of "news" (I will grant that Bloom is now more of a delight to listen to now that he has laid off of Islam -- as far as I know.  I'm not a faithful addict of C2C, I get my real fix off of Heather W).  Thus far he has refused to let go of (or mature out from under) his fixation with evil, as tho it is a fundamental scientific principal.  Lastly, his hollow, and lacking of all intellectual capacity snippets of his take on the most elementary phenomena, ghostly apparitions, the latest mischief from North Korea, etc, etc. places him squarely in the middle of the middle school radio club.

What worries me now is, is his improved radio face and voice destined to convince new listeners that he is really "normal" ?? :P

pate

but... but... muh payge viewz!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ibSHF3uiW0

Pain, horror...

Mainly Pain and a bit'o'horror, mmm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VttdwWVEmGc

Knot Sugar...