• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Bell Philes: A Podcast about Art Bell

Started by jazmunda, November 25, 2015, 06:22:43 PM

Lilith

Quote from: Ms. C on November 30, 2015, 08:38:25 AM
Are we sure that was the real flakie ... sorry, falkie.  When that person was posting and also with a new name ... it was like too perfect falkie ... usually, he doesn't come out with those swear words right off the bat but usually after being provoked 100% more than he was last night ... I got a bit of a gut feeling that it was an impostor (but a darn good one) trying to troll us and the falk ... just something about it ... seemed not authentic ... just a Conspiracy theory -- but then again, there are no  coincidences ... bahahahhahaha

I like Falkie.  It's bellgabbers.  It all reminded me why I don't post much in those live chats.  I MUCH prefer the live show threads on a forum, where everybody can see what everybody else said.  All that said, I enjoyed listening to Muddy and jaz.  I think I like the more serious side of jaz that I heard last night the best !!   ;D

jazmunda

Quote from: brig on November 30, 2015, 11:35:17 AM
  I think I like the more serious side of jaz that I heard last night the best !!   ;D

That was suit and tie Jaz last night. GabCast Jaz was Hawaiian shirt Jaz and Podcast Not Included Jaz is underwear on head Jaz.

wr250

Quote from: jazmunda on November 30, 2015, 04:18:21 PM
That was suit and tie Jaz last night. GabCast Jaz was Hawaiian shirt Jaz and Podcast Not Included Jaz is underwear on head Jaz.

Lilith

Quote from: jazmunda on November 30, 2015, 04:18:21 PM

I like all those Jazzes!  Glad I got to hear the suit and tie Jaz  ;D  Who da thunk? 

heater

Quote from: starrmtn001 on November 29, 2015, 10:54:30 PM
Oh, bless you themudking!  Thank you, thank you, thank you! 

Praise Themudking MV for making Bellgab.com! ;D

The show is on iTunes officially.  For our Apple product friends please subscribe and if you like the show give us a review so others may find us.

morgana213

Quote from: starrmtn001 on November 29, 2015, 10:06:00 PM
What a BEAUTIFUL kitty Morgana!  I that your baby?
Awww, thanks Starr.  She was my baby.  She passed away 2 years ago. I've been missing her so I thought I'd use her pic as an avatar. It will help me to remember her. She was the best kitty ever!!!

This show can appeal outside of bellgab and has the makings of something special. Great work.

Ms. C

Quote from: Crash Folly on November 30, 2015, 06:47:06 PM
This show can appeal outside of bellgab and has the makings of something special. Great work.
+10

I listened today and very much enjoyed it. The opening was a surprise! Glad you have Art' s stamp of approval. Can't wait to see where it goes.

Jaz, I'm with you on the string theory thing... I'm thinking that it's like the concept of a hashtag (this originally autocorrected to handbag  :) ); once you've got it, it all falls into place. I'm not there yet either.  :o

jazmunda

Thank yew all for the positive feedback.

If anyone has ideas of topics they would like us to discuss let us know.

I'm not posting this because we have run out of ideas in week 2 as we have plenty of topics up our sleeves. This show is powered by fans for the fans so we want to know what you want to hear about.

popple

I listened to the first episode at bedtime last night. NO REGRETS!  ;D

jazmunda

Quote from: popple on December 01, 2015, 12:38:39 AM
I listened to the first episode at bedtime last night. NO REGRETS!  ;D

Did we put you to sleep? I heard that we are better than the generic version of Ambien. :P

Tarbaby

Quote from: themudking on November 29, 2015, 10:50:51 PM
Episode 1 has been posted on our site: http://thebellphiles.com/podcast/area-51-caller-week-19-wrap-up/

RSS Feed: http://thebellphiles.com/feed/podcast
I tried both of those links above and my fabricator… I mean aggregator… says: "The provided link is not a valid podcast".

Tarbaby

But then I fiddled around with a different aggregator and got it working! Fun show! it flew by.
  I'm a bit murky on when I first started listening to Art Bell show but I think it may have been even before jaz's year. I ran a BBS in the late 80s and between then and now discovered Art pretty much as soon as he came on the scene.
  The nice thing about having this podcast in my podcast player is it automatically downloads the program as soon as  it becomes available and then I can listen to it in my own time.

jazmunda

Quote from: Tarbaby on December 01, 2015, 01:50:50 PM
But then I fiddled around with a different aggregator and got it working! Fun show! it flew by.
  I'm a bit murky on when I first started listening to Art Bell show but I think it may have been even before jaz's year. I ran a BBS in the late 80s and between then and now discovered Art pretty much as soon as he came on the scene.
  The nice thing about having this podcast in my podcast player is it automatically downloads the program as soon as  it becomes available and then I can listen to it in my own time.

You should call in one week and tell your story. In fact all callers should try to tell their Art Bell origin story. These facts need to be chronicled. For science.

Tarbaby

Quote from: jazmunda on December 01, 2015, 02:38:43 PM
You should call in one week and tell your story. In fact all callers should try to tell their Art Bell origin story. These facts need to be chronicled. For science.
yes, I might try to call in sometime. One thing I have  wanted to tell people from time to time is because of having no vision I can't listen to a podcast and visit the chatroom at the same time because I read the screen with voiceover using my finger in jet mode to scroll and if the podcast is talking at the same time I can can only hear one at a time. Either the chat dialogue or the verbal podcast. there has been many a time I would love to have participated in chat but if I do I can't hear the ongoing podcast.
  Oh, by the way, because I have no vision is the same reason I don't have an  avatar. In fact, I have images turned off.

popple

Quote from: jazmunda on December 01, 2015, 12:49:16 AM
Did we put you to sleep? I heard that we are better than the generic version of Ambien. :P

I was put into a state of relaxing bell phile bliss. I made it almost all the way to the end and picked it up again the next day.

centaurie

Let me know when you lot get a non-iTunes RSS feed I can load into what I'm using.

heater

Quote from: centaurie on December 03, 2015, 08:19:54 AM
Let me know when you lot get a non-iTunes RSS feed I can load into what I'm using.

The RSS feed is a standard one with the appropriate iTunes tags as well.  It passes w3c validation with only a couple iTunes related warnings that should not matter in a non-iTunes reader.

What type of podcatcher are you using?

centaurie

Thanks, TheMudKing Was not sure you had set one up actually. Just added to my Zune software. Can't wait to listen.

-I've had a Zune for yonks and don't really use it to listen for podcasts. I just use the software to download them, then I use mp3gain to get them to a volume my car Bluetooth can deal with. It works for me.

ziznak

Quote from: centaurie on December 04, 2015, 08:32:50 AM
Thanks, TheMudKing Was not sure you had set one up actually. Just added to my Zune software. Can't wait to listen.

-I've had a Zune for yonks and don't really use it to listen for podcasts. I just use the software to download them, then I use mp3gain to get them to a volume my car Bluetooth can deal with. It works for me.

I will be delving into the bin and checking this out today... also haven't heard "podcast not included" yet... can't find them w my catcher yet tho...

twiki

Are you guys doing a show this week? Is it Sundays 8pm US EST? What topic are you going to be discussing this week? Looking forward to it.

jazmunda

The second episode of The Bell Philes: A Podcast about Art Bell airs tonight.

Please join us themudking and jazmunda at 8pm EST/5pm PST.

Listen and chat LIVE at http://deeptalkradio.com

Call us 317-708-4500

Skype us at LiveShow 99

You can download our archives at http://thebellphiles.com

Twitter: @thebellphiles

twiki

Quote from: jazmunda on December 06, 2015, 06:37:57 AM
The second episode of The Bell Philes: A Podcast about Art Bell airs tonight.

Call us 317-708-4500

Skype us at LiveShow 99

Sweet. I have the day off on Monday so I will be able to catch the show live. If I'm not too blind drunk I may call in. Hope you don't mind a British accent to join your multinational crew.

heater

Quote from: twiki on December 06, 2015, 08:14:10 AM
Sweet. I have the day off on Monday so I will be able to catch the show live. If I'm not too blind drunk I may call in. Hope you don't mind a British accent to join your multinational crew.

Drunk or not give us a call!

Juan

Mr. Obama plans to address the nation on terrorism at 8PM Eastern time.  There are no coinshadenshes.  I'll be listening to The Bell Philes, which always reminds me of the 80s group, The Belle Stars.

wr250

Quote from: Juan on December 06, 2015, 02:27:14 PM
Mr. Obama plans to address the nation on terrorism at 8PM Eastern time.  There are no coinshadenshes.  I'll be listening to The Bell Philes, which always reminds me of the 80s group, The Belle Stars.
thank god the belle philes is on

jazmunda

Just another reminder that we are live in just over 2 hour for our second episode of The Bell Philes: A Podcast about Art Bell airs tonight.

Call us 317-708-4500

Skype us at LiveShow 99