• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Quote from: analog kid on May 27, 2013, 11:00:49 AM
They plan on having a "human kid" someday. The husband might be getting deported soon though.
I have brain damage from watching these idiots today. Quite a paper trail of ugliness out there on these two. This guy played like he was some Italian mafia don, but he's an Israeli of Morrocan descent. I hope that fucker does get deported and this country is number 3 on his list of No Entry.
P.S. That bitch is fucking seriously mentally ill.

analog kid

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 27, 2013, 10:28:55 PM
         I must admit...that collection of co-workers that got such enjoyment from those videos...well, I can't get too high and mighty because I used to get drunk and stoned with them regularly and go to upstanding places like the Foxy Lady in Providence with them. So it wasn't like I was reading lines of Shakespeare and Chaucer while they watched the gore videos. If anything I was probably checking the latest lines for football gambling or doing lines at the tavern.

But I never sank to watching reality tv!  ;D

Yeah, same here, but here they went the tweaker route and they all scare me at this point.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: analog kid on May 28, 2013, 08:16:40 AM
Yeah, same here, but here they went the tweaker route and they all scare me at this point.
I'm scared by those former acquaintances as well....quite a few of them became proselytizing AA/NA types and others Jesus freaks.

Eddie Coyle

Flicking through the infinite netherworld of cable, I stumble upon a program on a channel that I think was Bravo circa 1986, but I don't know what it's called now. By the looks of the guy being interviewed, I presume that I'm watching a show about descendants of Ataturk, or perhaps it's about mulattoes who played in the Negro Leagues.

Then I realize...it's Billy Joel being interviewed.

Am I the only one who finds Billy Joel's music to be really self-aggrandizing?  I'm not saying he's not a good musician and hasn't put out some very catchy tunes, but I always end up with the thought that's always singing about how cool he is.  "Piano Man" at least sounds a bit autobiographical and has that line (bespoke by an awed bar-patron), "Many, what are you doing here?"  "Don't Go Changing" also seems sort of self-serving, going on as he does about how real and sincere he is and -- it can be inferred -- isn't all about a woman's looks.  Then we got "Uptown Girl" in which he brags about being a "downtown man", the kind of guy any hot-blooded girl will naturally want.  Finally, the doo-wop "For the Longest Time" is just a damned ear-worm that is hard to get out of your head once you've heard it.

Wait... isn't this the "Things that Annoy Me" thread?  Damnit, Eddie, I'm blaming my rant on you. 

Quote from: West of the Rockies on May 29, 2013, 02:39:56 PM
Finally, the doo-wop "For the Longest Time" is just a damned ear-worm that is hard to get out of your head once you've heard it.

Yes.  Yes, it is.  Thanks.... :P

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: West of the Rockies on May 29, 2013, 02:39:56 PM
Am I the only one who finds Billy Joel's music to be really self-aggrandizing?  I'm not saying he's not a good musician and hasn't put out some very catchy tunes, but I always end up with the thought that's always singing about how cool he is.  "Piano Man" at least sounds a bit autobiographical and has that line (bespoke by an awed bar-patron), "Many, what are you doing here?"  "Don't Go Changing" also seems sort of self-serving, going on as he does about how real and sincere he is and -- it can be inferred -- isn't all about a woman's looks.  Then we got "Uptown Girl" in which he brags about being a "downtown man", the kind of guy any hot-blooded girl will naturally want.  Finally, the doo-wop "For the Longest Time" is just a damned ear-worm that is hard to get out of your head once you've heard it.

Wait... isn't this the "Things that Annoy Me" thread?  Damnit, Eddie, I'm blaming my rant on you.
I accept full responsibility for any Billy Joel inspired rants. In the spring/summer 1980, I was a kindergarten aged victim of bad taste. Ya see, my parents awful choices in record buying lead to Billy Joel's Glass Houses being a regular on the turntable. I still get chills(of the douche variety) and fits of dyspepsia when I hear one note of "It's Still Rock and Roll To Me" or "Don't Ask Me Why"...just thinking about it triggers PTSD. Just horrible.

Sardondi

Quote from: analog kid on May 27, 2013, 09:06:36 AM

Her and her husband's restaurant on Kitchen Nightmares

Her facebook meltdown

They take their waitresses' tips, buy all their food and cakes from Costco and repackage them as their own, and are abusive towards their staff and customers. She's a felon who used someone else's SS number to take out a loan, he's been thrown out of two countries for extortion and selling drugs.

Wait a minute here. I just had a chilling thought: can anyone say for a certainty that this restaurant owner from the lower gut of Gehennah was ever broadcast at the same time Lily (by that name or any alias of the 27 or so that person used) was online here?

I believe I'm about to be unwell...

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 29, 2013, 08:55:53 PM
         I accept full responsibility for any Billy Joel inspired rants. In the spring/summer 1980, I was a kindergarten aged victim of bad taste. Ya see, my parents awful choices in record buying lead to Billy Joel's Glass Houses being a regular on the turntable. I still get chills(of the douche variety) and fits of dyspepsia when I hear one note of "It's Still Rock and Roll To Me" or "Don't Ask Me Why"...just thinking about it triggers PTSD. Just horrible.

The Stranger album cover used to freak me out as a kid.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Phantastic SanShiSan on May 29, 2013, 11:42:46 PM
The Stranger album cover used to freak me out as a kid.

Same here. You'd think an album cover with a creepy mask like that would contain good music inside. Wrong.

MV/Liberace!

can't wait to receive my spagett poster.

Sardondi

Quote from: MV on May 30, 2013, 07:25:51 PM
can't wait to receive my spagett poster.

Wait. Is that a poster of Colin Farrell between movies? When he's giving it the "I'm carbo-loading for a triathlon" BS?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Sardondi on May 30, 2013, 10:45:18 PM
Wait. Is that a poster of Colin Farrell between movies? When he's giving it the "I'm carbo-loading for a triathlon" BS?

nope.  he's... a-spageeeett-a.

ziznak

somebody has been smoking weed and watching adult swim

Eddie Coyle

From horrible Boston Marathon bombings, a possible bright side may be emerging.

Dane Cook may have ended his worthless career last night. Godsmack, too.

Sardondi

In the last 48 hours, I have seen all kinds of stuff about people charging couples to have their birth experience among the dolphins in the blue waters of Hawaii. Penn & Teller just did a Bullshit! episode about this so maybe that's where all the chatter came from. It's hilarious. These people clearly see the dolphin as some sort of deity or magical creature of infinite goodness and supernatural power. A unicorn with fins and tail I guess. Here are a couple of brief outtakes from Penn & Teller's program. The mother-to-be here looks and sounds like she had her own birthing experience about 7 years ago.
Penn & Teller: Bullshit Dolphins highlight
I love her partner's wisdom, or, rather, the wisdom he imputes to the dolphins: "You know, if there are complications during pregnancy and she's in the water, the dolphins may be able to correct some of those complications." Paging Dr. Flipper! Paging Dr. Flipper! To the Delivery Ocean, stat!

And here's another outtake of someone teaching some born suckers to get in touch with their inner dolphin. That's a direct quote by the way. Penn & Teller: Dolphin Bullshit!

I don't see anything wrong with the inner-dolphin-seekers that a course of massive doses of sex hormones and a few T-bone steaks wouldn't cure. 

MV/Liberace!

i enjoyed the penn and teller bullshit episode on recycling.  i recommend that for anyone who recycles.

Penn & Teller: Bullshit! - Recycling

timpate

wow hard to believe this topic is still going strong. Anyhow figured i would post in here for whatever reason.
I watched this whole season of All star celebrity Apprentice. Penn lost because he did not believe in God. Love Penn & Teller.

timpate

Quote from: timpate on June 02, 2013, 02:58:04 AM
wow hard to believe this topic is still going strong. Anyhow figured i would post in here for whatever reason.
I watched this whole season of All star celebrity Apprentice. Penn lost because he did not believe in God. Love Penn & Teller.

Is that why Penn lost?  I thought it was because Trump was attempting to pander to a Republican sector that doesn't love him.

I know we have a few sports fans here... anybody hoping that the Miami Heat (the best team money can buy with the help of player collusion) lose tomorrow night?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: West of the Rockies on June 02, 2013, 03:58:46 PM
I know we have a few sports fans here... anybody hoping that the Miami Heat (the best team money can buy with the help of player collusion) lose tomorrow night?
The ultimate going away gift to David Stern...a San Antonio-Indy Finals. He'll shit himself. So expect refs to favor the Heat tomorrow and then some.

But watching "not one, not two" LeBron get knocked out...well, kinda reinvigorates the pre-2012 beliefs about him. The A Rod of the NBA.

ksm32

Quote from: timpate on September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM
Justin BieberWhy is this little punk kid so famous?
i want to come hisput fucking hair.
put Teen Wolf eyebrows on him, you'll see.

Wow, this forum is dead today.  We all piss in each other's Wheaties, or what?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: analog kid on June 03, 2013, 08:03:08 PM
A peek inside an alternate universe that was 1987.

Wow. That is so unlike the 1987 I resided in. For better or worse.

ziznak

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 03, 2013, 09:48:32 PM
wonder how many people in the video are dead now... is that morbid?

b_dubb

that was the best thing I've ever seen. everyone was thin, well dressed. With no tattoos or nose piercings.

On an unrelated note: Game of Thrones kicked my ass this week. Holy hell did it kick my ass

analog kid

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 03, 2013, 09:48:32 PM

How much attire has changed and yet I still dress exactly the same.

Quote from: b_dubb on June 04, 2013, 03:32:17 AM
that was the best thing I've ever seen. everyone was thin, well dressed. With no tattoos or nose piercings.

On an unrelated note: Game of Thrones kicked my ass this week. Holy hell did it kick my ass

People were happy to be filmed too, I guess because of the rarity of video cameras. And no one has any social anxiety. Is it the internet? Has the internet wrecked us?

People really flipped out over that episode. I got somewhat of a spoiler, but I don't know which characters are involved. Though I'm stalled on season 2 anyway. I got discouraged by characters I liked becoming egomaniacs.

The Chicago Bears are giving JaMarcus Russell a tryout.   I have a soft spot in my heart for JaWalrus - he single-handedly ensured the Oakland Raiders would suck through Al Davis' last years, he was instrumental in ending the NFL coaching career of that little shit Lane Kiffin, personally drained the Raiders bank account, damaged Raider ticket sales - perhaps permanently, and the Raiders have not to this day recovered from the whole Russell era.

Let's hope he does well enough to get more tryouts even if this one doesn't work out.